What’s Your Sign, Baby?

Greetings!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed some lovely spring-time weather!

IMG 0368 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby?

I had to share with you this awesome comment I received about the Nut Butter Parsnip Fries from Jennifer:

“O.M.G. These are seriously SOOOOOOOOOOO good!  Made them last night and my husband still can’t stop talking about them and how they are absolutely restaurant material! They are definitely one of the best things to come out of our kitchen in a LONG time…..my husband just corrected me and said that they are one of the best things to come out of our kitchen EVER!!!! Thanks for sharing! I wish I would have bought more parsnips!!! Oh, and they are awesome with sweet potatoes too, I mixed them for a half and half combo—-DIVINE!!!”

Love the enthusiasm! :)

For about 5 hours this morning I worked on OSG’s website re-design! Hair pulling and headaches ensued, but I actually made a lot of progress (with Eric’s help). I am trying to get it done ASAP because I need to strike while the iron is hot! I am hoping to have it launch really soon…as in maybe tomorrow or Tuesday…!

Lunch today was wonderful and green!

IMG 45912 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby?

You know Operation Spinach Week? Well, I looked in the fridge today and I STILL had two huge bins of spinach to use up! I barely made a dent last week. Luckily, I think these two Costco bins will last at least another week or two, so I should be ok! :)

IMG 4576 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby?

I threw into the wok 4-5 cups of organic spinach along with some Crisped Potato, Chickpea, and Carrot leftovers from last week.

IMG 45932 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby?

I also added about 1/3 of a cup of Simply Natural Organic Tomato Sauce.

IMG 4582 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby?

I heated it until the spinach wilted. It was lovely and bursting with colour.

IMG 45942 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby?

I also enjoyed this random picture I snapped of our dining light…

IMG 4585 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby?

I had my lunch along with a Yellow Pepper and Fontaine Santé Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. I am obsessed with Fontaine Santé hummus! [You can find it at Costco in big tubs and at Loblaws, FYI]. This is by far the best brand I have tried (and I have tried a lot). I need to get back to making my own, but I just can’t stop buying this!

IMG 4612 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby?

After lunch I was feeling pretty bummed about not being able to race today (that makes THREE races so far in 2010 that I have not been able to run!) and I was kind of getting down on myself. It is hard when you want to do something so badly, but the body tells you otherwise, isn’t it?

I get a lot of emails from many of you who have sustained injuries and I am always asked how I got through it…

The KEY, my friends…is to stay BUSY!

If you are injured you must find a way to fill that time with an activity you enjoy.

Whether it is reading, lifting weights, painting, writing, attending a photography workshop, knitting, volunteering at the SPCA, whatever you enjoy…you must fill your time with something you look FORWARD to each and everyday. Schedule something in just like you would schedule in a workout!

So today, I did just that. Since I couldn’t run (safely anyways!), Eric and I decided to fill that time with a rejuvenating hike in the sun! It was just what I needed to perk myself up and remind myself that it is not the end of the world when plans don’t happen as you intend.

Life goes on. We make the best with what we have. Deep breath.

Don’t I look HAPPY?? :mrgreen: We had a ball.

IMG 0361 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby?

I was!

Is it funny that Eric and I know who Sony is??? Gotta love small towns…lol.

IMG 0366 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby?

So pretty!

IMG 0384 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby?

Eric has lived here for most of his life, so every time we go hiking he tells me amusing stories about his childhood. He was quite the hooligan! [He is a LEO, FYI…all the Leos I know are bad a$$, lol!]

IMG 0375 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby? IMG 0378 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby?

The hike was awesome today! It cheered me right up. Unfortunately Dwight was DEAD (I must have left it on overnight), so I have no fun stats to report. We hiked for over an hour though. Good times!

IMG 0362 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby?

I look calm as a cucumber, but don’t be fooled each stick was hiding a potential snake…

When we got home, I was starving like a mad woman. I had a (trial 14) GF + raw Glo Bar with a tablespoon of chunky peanut butter on top. Awesomeness. It held over my hunger for 3 hours until dinnertime.

IMG 4617 thumb   What’s Your Sign, Baby?

Tonight’s question: What’s your sign, baby? :mrgreen: Do your personality traits line up with how your sign is described?

I’m a Taurus BULL (how endearing isn’t it?):

• Dedicated
  • Stubborn
  • Focused
  • Loving + playful
  • Easy-going (most of the time, but I have many stressed out moments fairly often)
  • Patient (I am not patient, although I try)
  • Loyal partner or friend
  • Good with money (MOST of the time, heh)

~~~~

Coming up tomorrow on OSG: My all-time favourite vegan casserole recipe!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is April 18, 2010

I am a Scorpio and seriously EVERYTHING that being a scorpio entails – the good AND bad. I am very passionate and loving, but also very stubborn. I don’t follow astrology very much, but I am definitely a true scorpio!

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear April 19, 2010

OMG! I could have guessed that you’re a scorpio :D me too!!

Taylor April 18, 2010

I wish I knew more about what Pices were supposed to be like! I think they are creative and compassionate, or at least those are the positive qualities! I’d say those match up pretty well :) I’m jealous of your inherent easy-going and good-with-money traits! Those probably come in handy!

Shannon, Tropical Eats April 18, 2010

im a taurus too! it’s crazy because i read my horoscope every day.. and it always seems to be spot on the money. Can’t wait to see your new header and layout you’ve been working so hard on!

Chase April 18, 2010

I’m a Sagittarius through and through! Fun-loving, absentminded, friendly and sensitive. I’m a textbook Sag!

VeggieGirl April 18, 2010

I’m an Aries and I DEFINITELY fit the description/characteristics, haha :-D

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty April 18, 2010

I am nothing like my sign… Aries… no fire in me at all… I am calm and relaxed most of the time… more like a Pisces… but I’m right on the cusp, so it makes sense!!

Must try those parsnip fries…

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) April 18, 2010

I’m an Aquarius and its traits totally describe me. Maybe there’s something to it after all!

Kara (@ Kara's Marathon) April 18, 2010

I am the quintessential Libra: indecisive, romantic, easily influenced, self-indulgent, impartial, diplomatic.

My husband, on the other hand, could not be any less like his sign, Aries; he’s quiet and thoughtful and even-tempered, not impulsive or selfish or “firy” at all!

Priyanka April 18, 2010

I am an Aquarian through and through. I must try those Parsnip fries.

I love your spinach stir fry recipe, just add some garam masala powder and turmeric and you have a yummy Indian style recipe.

Midgetkeeper April 18, 2010

I’m an Aries, although I have no idea what that means.

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ April 18, 2010

Thanks for showing how to use up some spinach. I have a ton of greens in my fridge right now and need to start consuming mass amounts before it goes bad.

Monica April 18, 2010

I’m a Cancer through-and-through! Loyal, emotional, sensitive, indecisive and intuitive. Sometimes its a little freaky how well I match the description, haha.

nut April 18, 2010

u r such a pretty eater.
I have seen that brand of hummus – i think i should try it now after your review!

wow – it must take such patience to get a recipe right? I never thought about the time and exhaustion that must go into that.

you are so positive and inspiring. I would love to meet you one day. you seem like a person that can shed some “glow” on other’s lives.

Cynthia (It All Changes) April 18, 2010

I’m a capricorn but I don’t follow astrology so I have no idea if I’m like that.

Tina April 18, 2010

I know exactly how you feel on really WANTING to do something, but not being able to. Right now, I am trying to conceive and it is extremely hard for me mentally. I had to put on weight to get my cycle regulated and cut back on my workouts. Fitness and having goals related to it is such a HUGE part of me I feel like I am in such limbo. It is so hard not being able to push yourself when you know you physically can and you mentally want to.

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) April 18, 2010

Hikes are the best for fun stories. Time always passes so quickly because they are so fun and relaxing.

If you can’t finish the spinach, perhaps you can cook ‘em and freeze em to use for green monsters!

Kyla April 18, 2010

I’m a Leo and I even have my sign tattooed on my ankle!
I have most of the qualities…loving to be loved, center of attention(but not showy about it) LOTS of hair, warm and friendly, enjoy the finer things in life.

Stephanie April 18, 2010

I am DEFINITELY a true LEO!
It’s funny, I KNEW you had to be a taurus, my mom (also a Leo) once told me that wherever you see a Leo, a taurus is never far behind… and all my BFFs are taurus’!! As soon as I read that Eric was a Leo, I just KNEW. Call me psychic. lol

Britton is a Leo as well, but he’s on the cancer cusp, and I actually find he acts more like a cancer, but still has many leo traits.

Angela (ohsheglows) April 19, 2010

That is too funny! I know a lot of Taurus + Leo relationships. I think our signs gravitate toward each other because im attracted to his sense of adventure and he likes that I am stable and level-headed (they almost balance out?). They are both very loyal signs too, so I think there is a sense of comfort in that.

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 18, 2010

Can’t wait to see what you’ve concocted for the site relaunch

Erika April 18, 2010

I am a scorpio true and true, lol…Sometimes I wish I didn’t have some of the negative traits like being jealous, but it is what it is and I’m getting better with it.
- Loyal
- fiercely independent
- Passionate
- Resourceful
- Observant
- Dynamic
- Jealous
- Stubborn

kate April 18, 2010

I know you have a tonne of spinach to get through, have you ever put it in the freezer? I put a plastic bin of it in the freezer a little while ago because I had bought too much (buy one get one free woo!) and i just used the freezer spinach for green monsters and such! It seemed to work okay for me, it didn’t taste funny at all!

Angela (ohsheglows) April 19, 2010

Actually I forgot I could do this! Thanks for reminding me :)

Jenny April 18, 2010

I’m a Leo, but I’m SO not glamorous and I do not have a need to be the center of attention… I am loyal, though- and stubborn sometimes;)

Colleen April 18, 2010

My husband is a Leo and you are so right about them!!

I am a Cancer, and I fit the description quite well…I remember reading one time that Cancers don’t like to be told what to do- that’s a running joke in my family that “Colleen does not like to be told what to do!!!” I also fit the emotional, intuitive, artistic, loyal, homebody, and messy (EEK!) description, I think my sign suits me very well. I think astrology is so neat, even though I’m not one of those people who follows my horoscope each day or anything…it’s almost like the signs help you understand a person better.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg April 18, 2010

I’m an aquarius, and it really does fit me to a T: friendly, loyal, creative, and intellectual, but also contrary and sometimes detatched or reserved.

So funny how much our signs can really reveal about our personalities!

EaterNotARunner April 18, 2010

I’m a taurus too and I’m SO stubborn!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin April 18, 2010

I’m a Cancer and pretty true to my sign.. hard on the outside but sensitive on the inside and loyal! =)

Ashley April 18, 2010

Hmm, I don’t even know what the traits of my sign are, lol! I’ll have to go look. I’m “cancer” though. OMG to that globar with the pnut butter on it…Love hiking, love your veggies, love the light ;) Have a great Sunday night! Ok I just looked…moody, clingy, overly-emotional, manipulative – gotta say NO to those! Not me at all. Nurturing, protective, sensitive, intuitive – YES. It says nothing about patience…but I don’t have a lot of it..but I also try!!!

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 18, 2010

I copied this from Kara’s comment towards the top, but all of these describe me (a Libra) to a T! indecisive, romantic, easily influenced, self-indulgent, impartial, diplomatic. crazy, right?!

cassie April 18, 2010

I’m an aries and for the most part i am true to my sign.. aries is a fire sign, and i definitely have a lot of fire in me.. i’m impatient as heck, which is a true trait for my sign..i can’t remember the other aries characteristics..

i have a totally non-horoscope question for you, how do you get your spinach to stay fresh? i fine that when i buy spinach in bulk, after a week it’s a bit spoiled or i guess not as fresh.. do you freeze it?

thanks

Angela (ohsheglows) April 19, 2010

I don’t do much…just keep it in the veggie keeper (if it fits which it usually doesnt).

Lauren April 18, 2010

I;ve been really discouraged with my running/racing this year compared to last. I endured a bit of health issues/injuries that are preventing me from running what I would like to, but I know that I just have to be patient and it will get better. Maybe this year is not my running year, but there are so many other wonderful opportunities in store! Hiking ALWAYS makes me feel better. What a great way to relieve stress and enjoy life! :)

Carly @ The Road To Health April 18, 2010

I’m a Leo, and a true Leo for sure! :D

JT April 18, 2010

I am a tauraus and the husband is a leo too….

I am a true bull as well….stubborn

Hikes are the best…enjoy your sunday

chandra h April 18, 2010

haha, I agree about Leos! :P

I’m a Scorpio, and I LOVE my sign, it makes me feel so cool, lol. apparently I am secretive, mysterious, magnetic, stubborn, powerful, passionate, etc. i just googled this description of scorps:
“Scorpios are truly the contradicting sign. They can be the best and worst of both worlds – independent and clingy, loving and cold, authoritative and weak. Above all else, they are intense about almost everything.”

yay for SPRING! :D & i love the look of your salad!

Heather April 18, 2010

I am a Cancer!

Emotional – definitely… I even cried watching Degrassi the movie (and I can’t believe I jut admitted that I watched it haha!)
Loving – very much so
Intuitive – I am freakishly intuitive but I thought that it was just a “woman” thing
Imaginative – sometimes to my own demise
Cautious – sometimes… depending on the situation
Protective – YES, sometimes I should just let the people in my life learn from their own mistakes instead of trying to protect them from making them
Sympathetic – 100%
Moody – haha, unfortunately this can be true although since I’ve started eating healthy real foods rather than what I mistook for “healthy”, my moodiness has drastically decreased
Touchy – at times
Unable to let go of things – at times… haha

Jil April 18, 2010

This is what I found for Sagittarius:
* Fun (I hope!)
* Optimist (most of the time)
* Good-natured (I hope!)
* Sociable (Yup)
* Spiritual (In my own way)
* Impatient (HAH. YES.)
* Fears responsibility (Meh..not so much)
* Self-indulgence (okay…a little true)
* Fanaticism (ehh, I dunno about that)
* Peter Pan syndrome (Does this refer to wanting to stay young? I guess I’ve still got a bit of a kid in me :) )
* Tendency to gamble (HAH NO!)

Angela (ohsheglows) April 19, 2010

My brother is a Sag and he totally has Peter Pan Syndrome! bahaha

Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 18, 2010

a new website design??? Argh it can be so frustrating! Can’t wait to see the new look :)

I am COMPLETELY a Gemini :)
Communicative – check
child-like fascination with the world and with new experiences – check
Likes to keep busy – check!
Can become bored easily – double check!

Angela (ohsheglows) April 19, 2010

that is my sister!

Elizabeth April 18, 2010

Leo all the way! :)

Kelsey April 18, 2010

ARIES! 110% fits me exactly!!

Betsy H. April 18, 2010

I am a Taurus as well! Yeah, for us “bulls” :) My b-day is May 20. To your question….I am all the traits you listed except the patient one ( I am FAR from that).
Hope you get back to running soon. It’s a bummer you have been down for so long.
Have a Great week :)

Lisa April 18, 2010

I’m a Capricorn–and a Capricorn in EVERY sense of the word too! ;)

Page 1 of 212»