These Fries Will Change Your Life

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on April 16, 2010

IMG_4408

Today I put out a plea on Twitter asking for Parsnip fry recipes! Ricki pointed me to her post  and as soon as I saw the pictures, I was salivating. You know when you just look at a picture and you know it will taste amazing? That’s how I felt about these fries. They did not let me down!

IMG_4412

Nut Butter Crusted Parsnip Fries

Print, Email, or Text this recipe

Adapted from Diet, Dessert, & Dogs.

Yield: 1-2 servings.

Ingredients:

• 3 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into thin fry-like strips
  • 3 tbsp nut butter (I used 2 tbsp chunky peanut butter + 1 tbsp almond butter)*
  • 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt, or to taste

Directions: Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up. Peel and cut parsnips into fry-like strips. In a medium size bowl, mix together the nut butters, olive oil, and salt. Take parsnips and toss in bowl with your hands until fully coated. Line up on baking pan and cook at 400F for 30-50 minutes until crisp. I cooked mine for 40 minutes, but probably could have left them in another 5 minutes to crisp up even more. They were wonderful!

Note: You can probably use any kind of nut butter you prefer!

After coating in a bowl:

IMG_4395

Line ‘em up!

IMG_4403

After cooking:

IMG_4421

I honestly never imagined parsnip fries could taste this good.

Never in my LIFE would I have dreamed of using nut butter as a fry coating!

IMG_4422

Parsnips resemble carrots, but are paler and have a stronger flavour. Apparently, the core can be quite bitter so sometimes people omit it when cooking, but I used the whole kit and caboodle and didn’t notice any bitter flavour, at least in these fries anyways.

parsnips

[Source]

IMG_4411

You must run to the grocery store, pick up some parsnips, and make these fries.

IMG_4414

What are some life-changing foods you have had?

Some of mine:

~~

Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.  ~John Shirley

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 16, 2010 at 3:54 pm

um, i’m going to whole foods to get parsnips now. are you KIDDING me with those things?! holy heaven!

let’s see, life changing food…it’s all life-changing when you learn to really enjoy it and not be afraid of it, right? ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Yes I agree!

u will not believe these fries…..crazy. let me know what u think!

Michael February 9, 2014 at 9:23 am

I do a similar thing with Brussels when they’re in season. Nut butter, some creole seasoning, fresh garlic, and olive oil to line the pan. Two great minds!

Gena (Choosing Raw) April 16, 2010 at 3:56 pm

I ADORE Ricki and everything she does! I cannot wait to try these!

Ricki April 16, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Heee heeee! I am so glad you liked them! (And aren’t you totally sweet for mentioning the Ellen Show–thanks!!) :D

A life-changing food for me had to be avocado. I remember the first time I ate it, as a teenager–wow, was I impressed! And now I use it in so many things from smoothies to baking. Love it!

krissy April 16, 2010 at 3:58 pm

YEAH! I have a bag of parsips sitting in my fridge and I have been contemplating how to use them up! Now I exactly what to do with them! YOU THE BEST!!! xoxo
love ya sista!

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker April 16, 2010 at 3:59 pm

These fries look so yummy, I might just have to run to the store to get parsnips after work!

We grill our own pizza. Learning to grill pizza has been COMPLETELY life-changing. Here’s how, if you’re curious. I’m going to be posting a recipe for a roasted-veggies/vegan version of this pie next week: http://www.neverhomemaker.com/2010/01/my-favorite-pizza-dough-recipe.html

Mary April 16, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Those look SO delicious!!! I may have to go out and get some and try this out!! :)

Nienke at Revel April 16, 2010 at 4:01 pm

This is perfect! I’m leaving for the weekend and didn’t buy any groceries – all I have left is a big ol’ parsnip! I felt all sad about my dinner prospects until I read your post. Good timing – thanks Angela!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) April 16, 2010 at 4:02 pm

I got a salad the other day that had pasnips as a topping. They were in little chunks…kinda like home-fry ish. They were so fabby. I love the nut butter addition!

Kelly April 16, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Thanks for the walk-through on the prep of these fries! I am super stoked to try these! As for a life-changing food…I’m with Ricki on that one. Avocados rock! Oh and coconuts! I’m crazy for coconuts!

Diana April 16, 2010 at 4:12 pm

They look amazing! I’ve never tried parsnip but I am very curious!

Sheilah April 16, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Wow! I can’t wait to try this. I have sweet potatoes on hand and sunflower seed butter… maybe we’ll improvise until we can find some parsnips that aren’t $3 a pound!

Life-changing food? Tofu. I love it in all its variations.

Tyrah April 16, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Those sound and look amazing, can’t wait to try them, thanks for sharing! We just tried parsnips for the first time last year.
Just found your blog and really enjoying it =)

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Thank you! Glad you enjoy it.

Tyrah April 26, 2010 at 10:45 am

ok, so we made the fries and they are SOOOOOOOOOOO good! Thanks a bunch, here’s my post on them =)

Tamara @ The Stretch Jean Incident. April 16, 2010 at 4:35 pm

SO many life-changing foods, it’s hard to pick just a few!

-Spaghetti Squash
-Asparagus
-Zucchini
-Greek yogurt
-Oats

And, although I rarely buy it because it’s too tempting to eat out of the jar every time I’m in the kitchen, Peanut Butter Co.’s White Chocolate Dream. Never knew peanut butter could taste so orgasmic.

Danielle (Coffee Run) April 16, 2010 at 4:43 pm

These look awesome! I gotta say…I’ve tried parsnips a couple times and I wasn’t a fan. But I’m thinking that anything covered in nut butter and then roasted has GOT to taste decent :D

Krysta April 16, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Oh my… goodness…! It would have never crossed my mind to do that to a parsnip! I am going to try this right away. AH! Even better, I think, will be the sweet potato version. :)

christina cadden April 16, 2010 at 4:57 pm

mmmmm, looks amazing!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers April 16, 2010 at 5:02 pm

A-MAZ-ING! Like I need another excuse to eat more nut butter :)

Kelsey April 16, 2010 at 5:18 pm

this is earth shattering!! hehe

Diana @ frontyardfoodie April 16, 2010 at 5:30 pm

I have parsnips growing in my garden right now! I’ve actually never eaten one so I thought it might be a good thing to give a whirl. These look so good! How could I resist making this recipe when I harvest!

jessica @ how sweet April 16, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Those sound absolutely amazing!!!

EaterNotARunner April 16, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Those look SO good!!

Kelly April 16, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Wow, I just tried parsnips for the first time recently- I actually had to ask at the grocery store to know what they looked like haha.
This recipe sounds AMAZING!!!!
Life changing foods for me are oatmeal with pumpkin, egg whites and apple, almond butter/peanut butter, and dried mango…right now anyways, I always have knew life changing foods!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2010 at 6:32 pm

YES DRIED MANGO!!! Im obsessed.

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 16, 2010 at 6:01 pm

I love raw parsnips

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter April 16, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Those parsnips look stellar! When I made parsnip fries I ommitted the core after tasting it raw, but as long as they taste the same when they’re cooked I’m all for using the entire veggie.

My life changing foods are:
ALMOND BUTTER!!!
flax seed
chia seeds
puffed egg whites
greek yogurt
sandwich thins

and finding ways to cook veggies :D

Lauren M. April 17, 2010 at 5:08 pm

puffed egg whites? Please, do tell…

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter April 17, 2010 at 5:17 pm

It’s from the Fitnessista. Put two eggs worth of egg white in a pam-sprayed bowl and microwave for about 45 minutes or until it stops popping. I add hot sauce to mine and put it on top of a sandwich thin with laughing cow cheese.

Jane April 18, 2010 at 11:52 am

45 seconds I hope…hehe

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) April 16, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Oh my gosh, I need this in my life NOW. I love any kind of faux-fry. :D

nut April 16, 2010 at 6:20 pm

I’ve never had parsnips before.
I feel like I need to write out all your recipes. Too much to remember!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2010 at 6:33 pm

They taste a lot like carrots!

Carrie (Love Healthy Living) April 16, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Wow, these really do look life changing. I want to try them SOON!!! Yeah, whoever thought of coating in nut butters? Sounds delicious though.

Erin April 16, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Brussels sprouts, greek yogurt, and spaghetti squash. All things I would have never picked up these items myself in the store, but after some prompting by friends and family I did. My life has been different ever since.

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ April 16, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I tried parsnips before and didn’t like them. But this sounds yummy and might be a tastier way to try them.

Kaitlin April 16, 2010 at 6:57 pm

And to think I was contemplating throwing away my bag of parsnips!! I tried baking them with olive oil and it just wasn’t doing it for me. Thank you for giving my forlorn bag of parsnips a purpose, I will definitely try this.

Life changing foods:

Definitely chia seeds and amazing grass <–basically food
hummus because I love non-meat proteins
quinoa
dark chocolate

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Glad I saved their lives…hehe

Julie April 16, 2010 at 7:02 pm

I have to say, I’ve always been super jealous of your creativity when it comes to recipes. Those parsnips look delish.
I think my life changing food would be overnight oatmeal. I’ve had it for breakfast everyday (or almost) since I found out about it!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2010 at 7:31 pm

All the credit goes to Ricki :) She is a culinary genius!

Oops I forgot about overnight oats!

Ana April 16, 2010 at 7:08 pm

Wow, these look sooooo good, another one here who must buy parsnips and try this recipe!! Do you think it would be ok if I used all almond butter Angela? Could you taste the pb? (like a more pronounced peanut flavor?) I just love almond butter more than ob!! :)
I like parsnips especially roasted, take a look at this recipe I have posted for Honey Roasted Root Vegetables, make it with Maple instead of honey and I am sure you are going to like these veggies!

One thing I discovered recently and can’t imagine not having at my fridge is almond butter, omg I love this stuff, I can eat from the jar, anytime, with anything, love it in my oats and with crackers, amazingly good!
Also I love Flaxseeds, but these I have been eating for years now, since I first tried I never spent a day without my flax (I am known for bringing it with me on trips and all – even when we went to Brazil to visit family – I wasn’t sure I would find it there!)
Oh, and yes, another recent one: chia seeds, I love them!! Amazing in oats and just plain chia pudding is totally delicious!
Ana

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Looks delicious!

Sara April 16, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Parsnips are delicious! In fact, I had them in my roasted vegetable mix tonight, along with carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, red peppers, and zucchini. Simple and tasty! The parsnips were my favorite, though; like spicy carrots!

[email protected] April 16, 2010 at 7:37 pm

I love parsnips! You will soon discover all of the amazing things you can do with them, like a velvety, rich carrot and parsnip soup. Mmm love love love that slightly spicy kick they have!

Heather (runningwithsass.com) April 16, 2010 at 7:43 pm

they look yummy, I ahve never had them before!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing April 16, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Wow those fries sound AMAZING!!!! Of course, what isn’t covered in almond butter?
I recently discovered carrot fries… totally changed my life too. I used to hate carrots!
And sweet potato fries are pretty much one of my most favorite things EVER.

Allison @ Food For Healing April 16, 2010 at 8:21 pm

those do look good! might be something to try, since i’ve never had parsnips before.

My life changing foods have been Chia Seeds definitely. I LURVE them.

livnletlrn April 16, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Ditto what Krissy at 3:58 p.m. said. 3 parsnips and a sweet potato sitting in the kitchen, rainy Friday night after a very difficult week, and you posted this recipe on the perfect day for me to see it. You’re right; they’re fabulous! Thanks!

emily April 16, 2010 at 8:39 pm

My life was changed by that vegan hot coccoa recipe you posted a while back, holy yum!

Gina G April 16, 2010 at 8:50 pm

im sorry im a sporatic commenter, it is sometimes hard to comment because of school work(less then 2 months and i graduate from highschool) but i just had to tonight!
i cannot wait to try these, (i’ve never had parsnips eithr!)
thankyou so much!

Lisa April 16, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Those look AMAZING!!! I’m obsessed with kale chips ala Kath.
Also, hempseeds.

Emily April 16, 2010 at 9:32 pm

This post was fate!! I just started the Paleo diet and it has been smooth sailing except for missing french fries. I’ll sub extra almond butter (or maybe walnut butter… hmmmm….) for the peanut butter and then it’s 100% paleo! Can’t wait to try.

Jenny April 16, 2010 at 9:40 pm

You are a genius! What a great recipe!!!

Paige (RAN) April 16, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Those look gorgeously delicious!

Midgetkeeper April 16, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Oh yum, luckily I have some on hand!

lisa April 16, 2010 at 10:15 pm

I recently discovered your page…and that has been life changing! Love the green monster smoothies.

Life changing #1 –My granola recipe:

3C oats
1/2c slivered almonds
1/4 coconut
1/4 pumpkin seeds
1/2 c sunflower seeds
1/2 c chopped pecans
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
3 T butter
1/3 c honey
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 c chopped dates
1/2 dried fruit

Mix together everything from oats to salt. Melt butter with honey…add vanilla. pour over oat mixture and mix together. spread on cookie sheet. bake 325 for 20 min. turning ever 5 minutes.

Great with vanilla soy, vanilla yogurt, pbutter and apples, or by the handful!!

Life changing #2 “Cheesecake”

Use an immersion blender to blend together low fat cottage cheese and low fat yogurt. (this gets rid of the lumps!)

That’s it!!! Use it for parfaits, dips, add fruit….tastes just like cheesecake!

ENJOY!!

Debbi April 16, 2010 at 10:55 pm

Wow! I’m with you about not knowing a thing about parsnips. I so want to try these though! Thanks for sharing what looks to be an awesome recipe!

Grace aka Triathlonbabe April 16, 2010 at 11:59 pm

Yum, I just saw parsnips at Super Target tonight, I always thought they were a turnip of some kind. Learn something new every day.

Hmmmmm….life changing food for me would be:
Menage e’Trois California Red Wine….LOL
Green Monsters of all kinds
Quinoa
Ezekial breads
Amazing Grass

Noelle April 17, 2010 at 12:11 am

These sounds really deliicous! I do not eat them often but this should be a nice excuse!

RJ April 17, 2010 at 3:08 am

Well that is part of my dinner solved! I get a veggie box every fortnight and there has been lots of parsnips recently. Usually they end up in soup cos I don’t LOVE them but I think that is about to change! Under 4 weeks until I come to Canada on holiday! Cannot wait to hit Lululemon….

Leah @ Simply Fabulous April 17, 2010 at 4:23 am

I love parsnips! They are also great roasted with a bit of EVOO and some rosemary and thyme! Or roasted with a bit of honey drizzled on top (that was how I had them the first time… prior to that a few years ago I was a parsnip virgin!).

Shawna @ Balancing Me April 17, 2010 at 6:58 am

YUM!!! Those look so delicious! I’m going to be picking up some Parsnips this weekend. Maybe I can trick the family into eating them :)

Meghan (Making Love In The Kitchen April 17, 2010 at 7:54 am

Must be careful with the parsnips! The almond butter helps in lowering the total GI load but on their own, parsnips rate a 97 on the glycemic index. And you know what high GI foods do to the old metabolism!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) April 17, 2010 at 8:00 am

I love parsnips- and if you say these are that good, I HAVE to try them!

Some of my life changing foods?
Oats
Nut butters!
Sweet potatoes
Greek Yogurt
Goat cheese
Flax, hemp, chia
fresh juice
GM’s!

All thanks to the lovely food blogging world :)

xo
K

Sophie @ yumventures April 17, 2010 at 9:16 am

I’ve never had fries with nut butter…they sounds like they are worth a try! My mom makes parsnip fries but coats them in a little parm cheese…soooo good!

Jil April 17, 2010 at 10:55 am

oh.my.god. these look and sound absolutely phenomenal!! i might try it with sweet potatoes… hmmm.

Sebrina April 17, 2010 at 11:25 am

I went out last night and bought parsnips to make these and they are in my oven as I type.. I am impatiently waiting for them.

Green smoothies have changed my life, and my kids lives!!
Artisana Coconut Butter
EV coconut oil
Mysterium Tremendum Cookies http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/mysterium-tremendum-cookies-402715
Chipotle sauce (take one can of chipotles in adobo sauce and puree until smooth. I use this in black bean dip, hummus, vegetarian chilis.. so yum!!

Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl April 18, 2010 at 8:49 am

Wow.

Angela, these look fantabulous–I’m sure they were SO delish!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Brittany April 18, 2010 at 10:17 am

Oh my goodness, I love parsnips and these fries look freakin awesome. I need to make them asap!

Jennifer April 18, 2010 at 11:42 am

O.M.G. These are seriously SOOOOOOOOOOO good! Made them last night and my husband still can’t stop talking about them and how they are absolutely restaurant material! They are definitely one of the best things to come out of our kitchen in a LONG time…..my husband just corrected me and said that they are one of the best things to come out of our kitchen EVER!!!! Thanks for sharing! I wish I would have bought more parsnips!!! Oh, and they are awesome with sweet potatoes too, I mixed them for a half and half combo—-DIVINE!!!

Laura April 18, 2010 at 4:26 pm

trying them tonight! so excited :) thanks!

Jolene April 18, 2010 at 9:07 pm

I am making them this week!!! I’m sold.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) April 20, 2010 at 12:50 pm

OH MY GAWDDDDD

Sarah April 20, 2010 at 9:59 pm

I tried these tonight and they were good! I think I needed to either cook them longer or maybe not as long. Oh well I will just have to make them again until they are perfect! :) Thanks for the recipe. As far as life changing food, the Green Monster has totally changed my mornings. I am addicted!

Krysta (grains of my life) April 28, 2010 at 1:22 pm

I made these with sweet potato fries and Maranatha Almond Butter. So good! I used Greek Yogurt for dipping and it was a perfect match. :)

kristina May 9, 2010 at 10:47 pm

I love parsnips! Gotta try these!!

Nicole May 17, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Thank you so much for this recipe!! I just gobbled them down and ummmmm ummmmm yum! I love adding new unique recipes to my bag of trick and this one is definitely going in the bag!

Lauren May 18, 2010 at 11:42 am

Hey Angela,
Love these fries more than life itself! Do you happen to know the nutritional stats on them?

Emily May 21, 2010 at 10:10 am

Angela – I tried the fries with sweet potatoes the other night, and they got a little burnt…Do you flip yours halfway through cooking?!?!?!

Krystina May 22, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Hi Angela!
I just wanted to let you know that I made these fries tonight and they were AMAZING. Everything I thought they would be and more. Thank you. :)

Nichole @ Flirting with Food, Fitness & Fashion July 14, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Do you think these would be good if I didn’t peel the parsnips?

Kate @ Ordinary Girl, Extraordinary Journey August 30, 2010 at 5:31 pm

These sound so so good! I’ve not tried parsnips before but this sounds like a good way to try them!!

Lauren @NoFauxFood August 30, 2010 at 9:13 pm

I made these a few months ago, and yes life changing.
try them with carrots, seriously glorious!
We eat them 3-4 times a week now :)

Nichole (Flirting with Food Fitness & Fashion) September 6, 2010 at 6:37 pm

I made the fries and I didn’t peel them and they were so delicious!!!! I could not stop eating them and I made a bunch. I had to share so I didn’t devour the whole pan myself!!

Here is my post:

matt gordon October 28, 2010 at 8:52 am

good grief i am hungry. this is the 3rd time in a week i have seen parsnip fries. time to try them. i found you on tastespotting, and now you blog will be found in my google reader subscription.

Carolyn Jung October 28, 2010 at 11:15 am

I totally love parsnips, so I am definitely trying them as fries like this. Nut butter is the secret, huh? Genius idea!

Quay Po Cooks October 28, 2010 at 11:30 am

I don’t think I can find parsnips here. Can I use turnip instead?

Rose Ragan October 28, 2010 at 11:55 am

Hi Angela, I love your wonderful picture in your header. How did you get that wonderful background? The parsnips look absolutely wonderful. I have a garden full of turnips I’m going to try this recipe on. Do you think this will be okay for turnips?

My Mom, the Cancer Warrior, planted all the turnips because she’s aways planted turnips but she doesn’t have any good recipes for turnips that my teenagers like. I’ve roasted them with other root vegetables and that is great but I’m always open for more.
Thanks,
Rose

Natalie April 26, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Thank you for this! Will definitely try with my finicky eaters
Love parsnips, I don’t have a big sweet toth and usually replace half of the carrots called for in a recipe with parsnips – taste is so much more complex and better!
Have you tried turnip fries? I made the rosemary-garlic ones and they turned out delicious. The ones leftover got a bit soggy though… Wondering whether next time I should dehydrate them a bit first…
And I don’t really have any life-changing foods.
But I have my absolute favorites:
Beets
Basil (along with balsamic, it was my first “adult taste acquisition” discovery)
Fresh sourdough
quinoa
Buckwheat
Asparagus
Avocado
Chickpeas and tahini-less hummus
Red lentils
And so on – love discovering new foods ;)

Hailey October 22, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Ok, just made these Parsnip Fries and YUMTASTIC!

I used unsweetened roastered almond butter and rock salt, added a dash of sweet paprika.

Mandy November 10, 2012 at 8:37 am

Roasted Parsnips are one of my favourite veg. Curried parsnip soup is delicious too. Looking forward to trying out these nut butter ones. People cut out the centres of larger parsnips because they can be woody rather than bitter. My family always told me that parsnips taste better once there has been a frost! I’ve never done a taste comparison test so I couldn’t be sure about this. Love your blog.

Lynn January 31, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Hello Angela,
I just have to share my parsnip story with you…..It was back in my high school days. I was taking a Foods class that started at 9:00 A.M.and always looked forward to what yummy thing we may be cooking up.This particular morning it was veggies and the veggie was parsnips.I know,I know you’re saying come on it can’t be that bad!!!! The parsnips we were making were fried and I don’t know exactly how we made them as it was many years ago, but I can tell you fried parsnips at 9 in the morning is a no, no. In all honesty I can say I haven’t eaten a parsnip since and that was 30 some years ago!!!! I saw your recipe for oven fried parsnips and I thought okay time to give them another try. Well we (my husband and I) are hooked. I served them with oven baked tofu and instead of ketchup I made a batch of your peanut sauce and OMG we were oooohing and aaaaghing!!!!! So thank you for sharing your great ideas and keep up the good work. You are truly inspiring:)

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 1, 2013 at 3:55 pm

hah oh my gosh I don’t think I could stomach parsnips at 9am either! So glad you gave them another shot though and enjoyed this recipe. :)

Kat March 8, 2013 at 5:33 pm

I found Shirataki Noodles, spaghetti squash, and mashed cauliflower very transformative. Also, for drinks… just a little lemon/cucumber/fruit infused water. :)

Mandy March 24, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I was super excited about these. I’ve made regular parsnip fries before that were great! However, these burned after 35 mins and tasted horrible. Not sure what happened?

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 25, 2013 at 10:43 am

Sorry to hear that Mandy, I would cook them for less time if you try them again. They do not taste good if burned.

Linnie April 23, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Fantastic blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers?

I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything.

Would you suggest starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid
option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely confused .. Any ideas? Bless you!

Sara May 22, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Tried them and the whole family love them! I tried parsnip fries before and they were good, but not memorable. This time I used a mix of peanut butter and pure roasted almonds butter as both pots were almost finished and I added some rosemary and Indian spices to the mix (can’t live without Indian spices). I brought the leftover to work and heate them in the microwave, still delicious!

saf November 23, 2013 at 5:45 pm

I am late to the parsnip party – but made them tonight — delicious! Dipped in sriracha for a spicy kick. Thank you for posting this! Wondering if anyone has tried the method on other veggies? Seems like cauliflower might be good….will give it a try

laney December 3, 2013 at 3:38 pm

i LOVE this!! can’t wait to blow my girlfriend’s minds with this…..

Laura January 9, 2014 at 2:03 pm

would this work with a different kind of vegetable…Rutabaga?

Fiona March 7, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Unfortunately, these were not liked by my husband and I at all. I used all peanut butter so perhaps that was the problem.

Vyvien April 19, 2014 at 2:35 am

I had 4 parsnips left in the veggie keeper wondering what to do with them, so thought covering them in nut butter was a great idea. I used a mixture of crunchy peanut butter and tahini. the only thing was they didn’t crisp up as much as I would have liked, wondered how they would go at a slightly higher heat for a bit less time?; however hubby who is a dedicated carnivore gave them the thumbs up so am going to definitely make them again.

Linrow January 7, 2016 at 7:43 am

Love this site for veg ideas! I can’t buy parsnips here in Spain, so have you any recipes for yucca root, which is sold in local stores?

Darlene June 10, 2018 at 11:21 pm

These fries cannot be made with any nut butter. I used pumpkin seed butter and the fries turned out soggy and awful – i had to throw them out. A waste of good parsnips. Thanks for all the vegan recipes though – i do like your cheese sauce.

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 11, 2018 at 8:32 am

Hey Darlene, I’m so sorry to hear they didn’t work out with pumpkin seed butter! That’s too bad. I’m glad you’ve been enjoying the cheese sauce though :)