Super-Fantastical News!

HI!

Trucking along today, but I cannot stop thinking about…

Vegan Overnight Oats!

They kept me full from 6:45am until 11am when I had a small snack of Mary’s Crackers. Not too shabby!

I had to do everything in my power not to make them for lunch, but I will admit they are a strong possibility for dinner… ;) I already have dreamed up about 4 different concoctions of the overnight oats…and I can’t wait to make them ALL.

I am also liking this twice a day posting. I feel like each post is more manageable and not crazy long like some of the others have been.

After preparing and shipping my Glo Bar STORE order (whohoo!!!), I was faced with some less exciting tasks. I track all of my receipts for my business in Excel, and sadly, I have not entered a single receipt since Dec. 31st 2009.

Not cool, Ange. Not cool.

IMG_3951

Since I quit my old research job and started the bakery (see my AYCCA series), most of my working days have been spent on my feet baking- often 12 hours on some days. So now when I am faced with ‘desk work’, it drives me utterly insane with boredom.

As you can see below, I am a Type A organizer…hahaha… :mrgreen:

IMG_3952

…OR NOT! Thank gosh I am training someone next week…I need all the help I can!

But alas, after a few hours, it got done and I felt much better!

IMG_3954

Well, I felt better until I realized how much my expenses totalled! Yikes.

Trucking along…

IMG_3956

My lunch break was bright and cheery, unlike this rainy weather we are having…! Thankfully, the warm + sun returns Saturday and is supposed to stay for a week!

5 Minute Sautéed carrots and Neat Sauce

IMG_3948

Ingredients:

• 3-4 Medium carrots, chopped or processed
  • 1 cup Neat Sauce
  • Dried parsley
  • Black pepper

Directions: Chop or process carrots and then lightly sauté for about 3-5 minutes in a skillet. Add 1 cup of heated Neat Sauce over top, sprinkle with parsley and black pepper and serve!

IMG_3935

This was incredible and ready in a jiffy.

IMG_3936

Along with an Endure Glo Bar:

IMG_3847

Today is another rest day for me exercise-wise as I am trying to taper just in case I end up running the 10k this Sunday! We might be babysitting my 1 year old nephew overnight on Saturday so I will have to see if I get any sleep I guess. ;)

Super-fantastical News:

Have a wonderful Thursday!

1 Ashlee D. Lambert May 14, 2017

I like the carrots & neat sauce combo….

2 Susan April 9, 2010

Yesss!! Finally, someone with the same organizational methods as me!! My boss is OCD to the max. I swear he has heart palpitations just looking at my desk :P

Did you say you’re training someone for the bakery??

3 Ginger April 9, 2010

Great news about the store in Thornhill I’m not too far from there :) Can’t wait to hear which one I hope its the one I’m thinking :)

4 Jennifer April 9, 2010

There are so many recipes of yours that I want to try, and I’ve gotta get me som Glo bars too, let us know when the variety pack is available. Thanks!!!! Congrats too!!!

5 Ashley April 9, 2010

Girl. We are seriously the same. The receipts and money side of the granola bar business were my LEAST favorite..and I had piles just like that. Exciting that you will have someone doing it for you! I can’t believe overnight oats held you over for 4hrs..totally jealous. My stomach growls 2hrs after any breakfast I eat..sooo annoying! ;)

6 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman April 8, 2010

Ah, I’m so organized that would drive me crazy! Glad you got it all taken care of.

7 Jamie @ Tearaveler April 8, 2010

Ha my desk usually looks like that! Cleaned it up today =) And those glo bars look delicious! Can they be ordered online? =D

8 Allison @ Food For Healing April 8, 2010

i kind of like working a desk job, as long as theres variation and i can get up once and awhile. Not my dream job however.

you’d be so fun to work with!

9 Alexandra April 8, 2010

Hi Ange,

The comment plug-in is a success! It actually worked on your last post so that’s great! Allows for a dialogue to continue in the comments on your blog. And can’t wait to pick up some of your Glo Bars next time I am in Toronto!

10 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 8, 2010

whohoo!

11 Adrienne April 8, 2010

Ok, after reading your first “neat sauce” post, I went to the store and got all the stuff to make it, with a few tweaks of course :-)
Instead of using store bought sauce, I simply sauteed some onion and garlic, then blitzed it in the food processor with 3 fresh tomatoes, a glug of olive oil, and a ton of fresh herbs. Heated it up with a can of organic lentils..SO GOOD and I knew exactly what was in it!
I just ate it for dinner over some roasted caulifower and zuchinni (with some wine of course)…thanks for my new addiction to “neat sauce” and “cheeze”!!

12 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 8, 2010

that sounds amazing!

13 Katherine April 8, 2010

Wow you’re quite an accountant; so impressive! What did you study in school?
Thanks
Katherine

14 EaterNotARunner April 8, 2010

I love the two shorter posts a day! Good work on that to-do list….mine is just getting longer!

15 Jes (Self Motivation) April 8, 2010

I really need to order some of those bars to try for myself. They look so delicious! Your comment email reply is working. I appreciate the response about the chia seeds. thank you!

16 nut April 8, 2010

I would work for u in a heartbeat!!

That dish is beautiful. Beautiful.
Love your energy and joy. So beautiful.

17 Michelle @ Healthy Eating Roadmap April 8, 2010

Good luck with your Glo Bar business. If I ever see one in the store I will be sure to try it!

18 jessica April 8, 2010

Have you revealed which store in Thornhill you will be selling Glo bars in? I’m sorry if I missed that!

19 Jil April 8, 2010

Congrats to Caitlin and to YOU for all your success and tackling those receipts!!

20 Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble April 8, 2010

Oh my goodness! All those receipts look like a complete mind overload! I’m so glad you will have someone help you out in the future! I know what my receipts look like when I’ve been traveling for a week and you’ve got a whole month going! Wowie!

21 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter April 8, 2010

haha my entire planner is full of lists! I HAVE to make list of I will forget all of it and feel completely lost. Oh the joys of being Type A :)

22 Suzanne April 8, 2010

Just wanted to say a big CONGRATS on getting the Glo Bars in the store! :)

23 Heather @ Side of Sneakers April 8, 2010

Haha oh man, that pile of receipts would make me want to cry!!! I would 100% do the same thing though..haha

24 Run Sarah April 8, 2010

Love the lentil and carrot combo, that looks delish! Loving your more frequent posts too.

25 Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ April 8, 2010

You sure are finding some great ways to use that sauce and make it delicious.

26 Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow April 8, 2010

Oh book keeping…SO NOT FUN!

I always have to blast music when I’m doing some thing like that. It keeps me more entertained. :)

27 Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 8, 2010

I have to enter all my receipts for our investment property before tax time and that won’t be fun!! hehe each year I keep telling myself that it would be easier to enter them as I go – rather than save them all up….oh well….next year perhaps!?

28 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 8, 2010

I have a weekly reminder in G-calendar to do my receipt entry on Friday mornings…some mornings it gets done but sometimes it doesnt. I was doing good up until my accountant had my excel document and I couldnt input anything for 2 months! I prefer to try and do a bit each week as it is so much less stressful…it doesnt always work out that way but I try! :)

29 Diana April 8, 2010

Must try overnight oats! :)

30 Estela @ Weekly Bite April 8, 2010

I’m the same way with receipts! I just let them pile up instead of staying on top of it ;)

31 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) April 8, 2010

Those lentils look great — filling yet light. :D

32 Toni April 8, 2010

I am so glad I’ve found your blog! I’ve been making your green monsters all week and love them. I also just got through reading your different posts on your journey to health and i’m taking a lot of it to heart and going to incorporate it into my life. i’ve been a “slave” to the scale and counting calories for so long with no progress…only anger and sadness. i feel like i’ve been hovering over the same weight for months! i’m starting to reduce my meat consumption and focus on more whole/non-processed foods… i also think i’m going to take your advice and kick the calorie counting for good! thank you for providing your information! :)

33 anna April 8, 2010

dude, i think you mean “at last”, not “alas”. because “alas” is used to express unhappiness. and i dont think you’d be unhappy after dealing with your paperwork right!? hahaha. dont mean to be picky, i just see a lot of people using “alas” in the wrong context and it drives me craaaaazy! xx

34 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 8, 2010

But I meant it in a SAD way as if I was SIGHING!

35 anna April 8, 2010

i think i see what you mean… but then your sentence should be more like, “alas, i had to get it done but now i feel better!” there’s something about the sentence structure that doesn’t make sense to me. maybe i’m just over tired or something. sorry, english major power trip!

36 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 8, 2010

haha everything I say makes sense in my head! ;)

37 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad April 8, 2010

I wish I lived in Canada. I’d totally buy some Glo Bars!

38 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg April 8, 2010

Yum, yum! Makes me want to make that sauce!

Ugh– I HATE tasks like organizing receipts. But once you do it, you feel SO much better!

39 Ameena April 8, 2010

I am so organized that it isn’t even funny. The only unorganized part of my life is the stuff my husband and daughter tough. They are total slobs!

I love your yogurtless overnight oats. Sounds delicious!

40 Chloe (Naturally Frugal) April 8, 2010

That’s great that you’re hiring someone, you definitely are taking off with the Glo Bars & are growing into quite the productive little company! Loved Caitlin’s video and her cute Southern twang, it’s amazing how one idea (like both of yours) can turn into something so big!

41 Lauren April 8, 2010

I got your comment reply via email from your post last night!

42 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin April 8, 2010

Yeah I’m so happy for Caitlin!! And yes, overnight oats really are addictive aren’t they? I’ve had them every day for over a week now and can’t wait until breakfast tomorrow… ha!

And yes, your comment reply plug in is working!

43 Grace aka Triathlonbabe April 8, 2010

Can’t wait to try the overnight oats, neat sauce and OMG, those bed of carrots look so beautiful! I answered my own question about what stores your bars were going into by re-reading your blog…duh on my part…hope some day they make it to our health food stores down here in TX!!!

As for organization, I am an Organized guru, love to be organized, it’s not always doable but not that often. I have a To Do list daily for me and one for me and DH on the weekends…lol…yea, I’m a bit AR. Glad you were able to get your stuff widdled down and in order!

I’m with Jen, would love to order your variety pack! Can’t wait!!!

Congrats to Caitlin as well, can’t wait to see her on the show!!!

BTW, I made my 2nd green monster this AM, the Pumpkin Pie one and OMG, it was awesome!

44 Nikki T April 8, 2010

I already have it on my evening ‘to-do’ list to make Overnight Oats for tomorrow’s breakfast! Will you post all your creations so we can try all of them??
I think I will be a bigger fan of cold oats rather than hot…
I love the NEAT sauce! I smiled when I saw it on the blog as a while back I decided to try cooking lentils for the first time, but didn’t quite get it right and didn’t like to taste of them just on thier own as a side…but I didn’t want to waste them so I threw them into a sauce pan with some tomato sauce and spices and made pasta sauce! I loved it!

SOOOO exciting about your bars being in a store!!

If only we lived closer together…I love entering things into spreadsheets (NERD alert!!)! Organization is my passion (again…NERD alert!) :)

45 Claire April 8, 2010

I wish you lived closer so I could work for you:-)hehe…cc

46 Nicole @ Making Good Choices April 8, 2010

I have yet to try overnight oats, even though I always want too. I never remember the night before! Good for you for tackling that pile, I would have procrastinated it as well!

47 Jen April 8, 2010

Hi Angela,

I’ve been following your blog and your Glo bars look delish!
I went on the online store, but the march madness variety pack was sold out… Do you make variety pack deals every month? I would love to try the different bars to see what my favourites are :)!

48 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 8, 2010

I should have another variety pack up in a week or two! :)

49 Noelle April 8, 2010

I agree! This dish looks fantastical!

50 Jenny April 8, 2010

Your to do list is getting whittled down! That’s great:) as is caitlins news!

51 Naomi (onefitfoodie) April 8, 2010

congrats on the glo bars hitting the stores!! thats so amazing!! have them make their way to boston pleaseeee

i LOVE lentils! :) that looks deliciousss

52 Jessica @ How Sweet April 8, 2010

If I had that pile of reciepts laying on my floor, I would just cry and crawl up on the couch to watch movies…lol!

53 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 8, 2010

Thats what I did for 3 months! lol

54 Laura Georgina April 8, 2010

Oh my goodness, the bed of carrots look so yummy with the lentils! I have some leftover lentil pasta sauce that needs eating but I don’t want to even SEE it near pasta again. Angela, you are my dinner savior!

55 Heather (Heather's Dish) April 8, 2010

your to-do list looks like it’s going WAAAAAAAY better than my own! better get going on it…

i like the carrots & neat sauce combo! i need as many ways to get veggies in as possible and I can tell i would love that meal :)