The Tuesday Happy Dance

I want to scream it at the top of my lungs…

BIG NEWS! GLO BARS WILL OFFICIALLY BE SOLD IN A STORE!! :mrgreen:

It was so much hard work to get here and I finally got my first order today for Glo Bars to be carried in a large health food store in Thornhill, Ontario. This health food store is amazing and I couldn’t be more proud to have my bars on their shelves. However, I don’t want to jinx myself, so I am going to wait until the bars are actually on the store shelves before I tell you where they will be sold! I hope that those of you in the area will stop by next week and show your support! :) I will be revealing the exact location shortly…

Whew. Very exciting morning.

In other news, I am trying to post twice a day now. I am testing it out to see how it goes! My goal is shorter and more frequent posts. I think this will be more manageable for me rather than one huge post a day. No promises yet though! ;)

Breakfast was another Carrot Cake Green Monster. Lunch was quick, healthy, and delicious…

Amy’s Reduced-sodium Split pea soup:

IMG_3756IMG_3755

Mary’s Crackers with hummus:

IMG_3752

Red Pepper with balsamic:

IMG_3762IMG_3760

High in iron—MULBERRIES!

IMG_3766

Stems and all. ;)

I did not have time to do a health news round up while away on vacation so I thought I would put one together today to catch up on some great health links from the past week!

Health News Round-Up

Scientists have detected BPA along the shorelines of 20 countries – Globe and Mail

How To Dine Out and Order Healthy – Fit Sugar

Are running shoes making your feet soft? – National Post

The best running apps for your iphone – That’s Fit

Mark Bittman’s top 12 make-ahead dishes – NY Times

Have you had a workout injury? – Fit Bottomed Girls

Want to age well? Laugh it up! – Globe and Mail

Lift heavier weights with fewer reps to tone up and boost metabolism – NY Times

Poll: Do you have exercise free days of the week? – Fit Sugar

Now I will do my own fun poll today…

Tough one, eh?? :)

I picked win a race of any distance because that is probably the least likely for me. However, one of my shorter term goals is to come in the top three in my age group. I did that for my first race- a fairly small 10k- and I would like to do it again!  What did you pick?

Today is another rest day for me because I am a bit sore from my 10k mock race yesterday! Need to rest up in case I end up racing this weekend… :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts on how far you will drive for a race! It was fun to read. I would love to organize a big race meet-up at some point. I have always wanted to run a race in San Francisco—anyone have any good races to suggest? :)

Cya in a while crocodile…

Page 3 of 3«123
Dominique April 18, 2010

Yay, how exciting! I will definitely make the trip to Thornhill to pick up some Glo Bars. It’ll save me on shipping ;)

Tamara April 11, 2010

Congrats Angela! I’m so happy that your bars will be sold in stores. Great things happen to great people. Best Wishes!

Jolene April 9, 2010

A BIG Congratulations to you regarding the Bars!!!!!!! Everyone is going to LOVE them and you are going to need to higher some workers girl!!!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 7, 2010

oooh just read your announcement!!! Congratulations girl!!!

Christine (The Raw Project) April 7, 2010

Congrats, that’s awesome!!!

Fae April 7, 2010

Wow, that`s great, Angela!!! Good for you! I will definitely be heading to Thornhill as soon as they are on the shelves!!!!

zestycook April 7, 2010

COngrats on getting those bars in a STORE….. I ate all the bars I could find in my treat bag from the HLS last summer. Loved them!

Grace aka Triathlonbabe April 7, 2010

Just saw this one today! Can I get a whoot-whoot!!!!! Way to go lady! It’s funny, because we have a store down here in Dallas, called Central Mkt and also a Market St and I’ve looked for your bars but to no avail….so now that you will be placing them out there, what stores will you be putting them in? Or did I miss that info.? Doh!

Answer to your question:
I’ve done a marathon
I’ve done several triathlons
So I chose skydive, because that is on my bucket list and I wanted to do it for my 40th but chickened out so I’ll do it this year for my DH’s 50th since he wants to do it. Woohoo!

As for a good race in SF, I believe there is a really cool, women’s race, the Nike Women’s marathon and half marathon. Not sure the time of year it is, but I’d love to do that one, because I love SF!!!

Erin April 7, 2010

WOW! Congrats on the Glo Bars sale!!! That’s big time!

Miranda April 7, 2010

A day behind in my reading. CONGRATULATIONS on getting your Glo Bars into a store. I am relatively new to following your site (a month or two) and recently checked out your Glo Bar site. So inspirational all that you have done and gotten with your hard work.

Poll answer:
Tiathlong – as I am signed up for a Try-a-try (375m swim, 10k bike & 2.5k run) Aug 22nd in Orillia.

Jenn April 7, 2010

That is so EXCITING!!!! Very happy for you Angela!!!

Katy ( The Balanced Foodie ) April 7, 2010

I’m so excited for you!! GloBars are AMAZING!! I hope American health food stores realize what’s up because I would so buy these every week. Love love love!

Also, I started posting twice a week and I think it’s the perfect amount for me. If I do 3, I’d go CRAZY. But if I only did one I would go nuts with the length of it! Good luck! :)

Jesse April 7, 2010

congrats on your big news! that is so AWESOME :)

Therese April 7, 2010

ACK! Congrats!!! Depending on where it is in the city I’ll so be there AND a regular at that!

Keri April 7, 2010

Congrats!! I need to try your glow bars…

I picked qualify for Boston. I finished 1 marathon in 2009 but went WAY slower than I had planned (I was actually getting over an infection and wasn’t as recovered as I thought, not a good time to try my first marathon!) I would like to get my time down the next time I do one (planning on 2011), but you need a pretty darn good time to qualify for Boston! lol I can’t swim, so triathlons are out of the picture!

Jewel@fit-and-fabulous-jewel April 7, 2010

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you!!

The only realistic goal on your list for me I have done! Just after my divorce about ten years ago I went skydiving and it was a blast!

But from the remaining, I would love to be able to run a marathon.

Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com April 7, 2010

Congrats on getting your bars in stores!! P.S. I went with complete a triathlon. That is a 2-3 yr goal for me.

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) April 7, 2010

Congratulations! That is awesome big news!!!!

xo
K

Paige (RAN) April 7, 2010

Congrats, Ange!!! SO happy for ya! Though I knew it would happen :D
I picked same as you – for the same reason!

M i s s (@mediterraneanmiss) April 7, 2010

Congrats lady!!! I’ll be sure to stop by and pick some up as soon as you let me know when they’re going to be on the shelves :D

Ulli April 7, 2010

wow, congrats on having your glo bars sold in a store!!! i would love to have them here in austria too :) have a nice day!!

Julia April 7, 2010

I’m from Thornhill and I totally know which health food store you’re talking about (I think!!). Congrats!! I know that place is super popular and very busy, especially since it’s one of the few really good health food stores up that way (besides the Planet Organics chains). Very exciting! The next time I am up to visit my parents I will stop in and buy one of your bars :)

Anne April 7, 2010

Congratulations, and I can only chime in with the others: tell us when they are available for shipping to other places :-) untill then, hope sales will be terrific. Thanks for the health news, and love your food, easy and inspiring ;-)

Sam @ Snowflakes and Sunshine April 7, 2010

Congrats Ange, that#s a-maz-ing!! Don’t suppose you have any plans to ship Glo bars to the UK anytime soon? I’m literally dying to try one!

Nicole April 7, 2010

Congratulations on your Glo Bars! How exciting!!

I have got to say, the little bowl and the bunny spoon from your previous post are so cute!

Best of luck!

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyl April 6, 2010

I would definitely skydive b/c I don’t think my leg injury could handle the training for any of the others!

Lizz @ leadingthegoodlife April 6, 2010

Congratulations!!! That is very exciting news. :)

Priyanka April 6, 2010

That is amazing news Angela! Congratulations, I am so happy for you!

Cristina April 6, 2010

Congrats on the Glo bars! I like the idea of 2 posts a day, I normally check OSG when I get online just incase you’ve posted again since I got on last :p I picked qualify for Boston…that’s my “secret life goal”. I also have always said the only reason I would get a tattoo is if I ran Boston, maybe one day!

Leah April 6, 2010

Oh wow congrats!! Thats awesome news. I would TOTALLY go in and buy them if I lived in the area. But Vancouver to Ontario is quite the commute!! :)

Hangry Pants April 6, 2010

Congratulations on the Glo Bars. Whoever can buy them in stores is so lucky!

Katherine @ Lipgloss and Spandex April 6, 2010

Congrats, Angela! That is so incredibly exciting :)

chrissy endicott April 6, 2010

Congrats Angela!!! Nice to see all your hard work pay off :)

Kelly April 6, 2010

Congratulations! That is fantastic! :)

Laura @ youngDCliving April 6, 2010

That’s so exciting! Congratulations.

I HAVE gone skydiving and it was the best experience ever! You MUST try it—I’m scared of heights too, I swear!

Lizzie April 6, 2010

About time!! :) Actually, I have to confess that I haven’t ordered your go bars (yet), but they look very yummy – and I have made some of your recipes and they were all really good . .. so how could a health store turn you down. Time for a week celebration methinks!! :)