The Tuesday Happy Dance

I want to scream it at the top of my lungs…

BIG NEWS! GLO BARS WILL OFFICIALLY BE SOLD IN A STORE!! :mrgreen:

It was so much hard work to get here and I finally got my first order today for Glo Bars to be carried in a large health food store in Thornhill, Ontario. This health food store is amazing and I couldn’t be more proud to have my bars on their shelves. However, I don’t want to jinx myself, so I am going to wait until the bars are actually on the store shelves before I tell you where they will be sold! I hope that those of you in the area will stop by next week and show your support! :) I will be revealing the exact location shortly…

Whew. Very exciting morning.

In other news, I am trying to post twice a day now. I am testing it out to see how it goes! My goal is shorter and more frequent posts. I think this will be more manageable for me rather than one huge post a day. No promises yet though! ;)

Breakfast was another Carrot Cake Green Monster. Lunch was quick, healthy, and delicious…

Amy’s Reduced-sodium Split pea soup:

IMG 3756 thumb   The Tuesday Happy DanceIMG 3755 thumb   The Tuesday Happy Dance

Mary’s Crackers with hummus:

IMG 3752 thumb   The Tuesday Happy Dance

Red Pepper with balsamic:

IMG 3762 thumb   The Tuesday Happy DanceIMG 3760 thumb   The Tuesday Happy Dance

High in iron—MULBERRIES!

IMG 3766 thumb   The Tuesday Happy Dance

Stems and all. ;)

I did not have time to do a health news round up while away on vacation so I thought I would put one together today to catch up on some great health links from the past week!

Health News Round-Up

Scientists have detected BPA along the shorelines of 20 countries – Globe and Mail

How To Dine Out and Order Healthy – Fit Sugar

Are running shoes making your feet soft? – National Post

The best running apps for your iphone – That’s Fit

Mark Bittman’s top 12 make-ahead dishes – NY Times

Have you had a workout injury? – Fit Bottomed Girls

Want to age well? Laugh it up! – Globe and Mail

Lift heavier weights with fewer reps to tone up and boost metabolism – NY Times

Poll: Do you have exercise free days of the week? – Fit Sugar

Now I will do my own fun poll today…

Tough one, eh?? :)

I picked win a race of any distance because that is probably the least likely for me. However, one of my shorter term goals is to come in the top three in my age group. I did that for my first race- a fairly small 10k- and I would like to do it again!  What did you pick?

Today is another rest day for me because I am a bit sore from my 10k mock race yesterday! Need to rest up in case I end up racing this weekend… :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts on how far you will drive for a race! It was fun to read. I would love to organize a big race meet-up at some point. I have always wanted to run a race in San Francisco—anyone have any good races to suggest? :)

Cya in a while crocodile…

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) April 6, 2010

CONGRATS ANGE!!!!! Wow that’s big. Go you!!

Midgetkeeper April 6, 2010

Congratulations on your big news!!! That’s awesome.

Lauren April 6, 2010

WOW!!! YAY!!!

My guess: Planet Organic. I’ll find out soon enough if I’m right! ;)

Laura Georgina April 6, 2010

Woot woot!!! That is truly awesome. How a year can change things, right?? I’m like you with the jinxes, so don’t disclose the name of the shop until they’re on the shelf–and then toast to your success in the aisle next to them :-)

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 6, 2010

HURRAY!!! that’s so amazing…it’s so great to see all of your hard work STILL paying off big time! can’t wait for the bars to be sold in stores in the US too (soon i bet!)

Jessica @ How Sweet April 6, 2010

Congrats Ange! :)

Christina April 6, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Woohooo!!

I would love to accomplish all of the options above but I chose complete a triathalon because I’ve always wanted to do one. Hopefully this summer I will at least do a sprint tri.

Sarah @ THE FOODIE DIARIES April 6, 2010

Congrats, Angela!! So amazing, and I’m so thrilled for you! As always, gracias for the health news round up. I love when you do them!

Sara April 6, 2010

Congratulations, Angela! I can’t wait to find out the location. I’ve always wanted to try your bars, and since my sister lives in Thornhill, I’d love to pick up a few to try when I visit her!

Jenny April 6, 2010

Congratulations! That’s such a huge deal:) I can’t wait for them to be sold in Florida;)

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope April 6, 2010

CONGRATS!!! it is so amazing since i’ve been following you since before the bars even existed. I love to read the transformation of your business. can’t wait to see them at the big stores, like whole foods!!!:):)

Christina April 6, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is a BIG deal! Way to go =)

Sarah April 6, 2010

Congratulations Angela! Can’t wait to see Glo bars in a store in Vancouver one day!
I just signed up for the San Francisco Women’s Marathon which is on October 17th this year, there is a half marathon as well. Best thing about this race is that you get a Tiffany & co. finishers necklace!! Its a lottery though so will have to wait and see if I get a place. Here is the link for it: http://inside.nike.com/blogs/nikerunning_events-en_US/?tags=nike_womens_marathon_2010

Lauren April 6, 2010

Congratulations!

I would also love to win a race of any distance…it is probably the least likely for me, aside from skydiving, which I would never be able to do. It seems incredibly scary.

aron April 6, 2010

CONGRATS!!!

and come to SF!!!!! there are lots of fun races here :)

Ryan @ Greens for Good April 6, 2010

Oh my gosh, congratulations Angela!!! I’m so excited for you! :)

Lauren @ Eater not a runner April 6, 2010

Congrats that is SO exciting! I said finish a marathon….you never know I guess :-)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg April 6, 2010

Holy cow!!! That’s BIG news!!! Big congrats, girl!

Rose April 6, 2010

Congratulations! That is amazing!

Bethany (Not Unless I'm Being Chased) April 6, 2010

Well that’s it — I’m moving to Canada! Any chance you can get a US store to carry them? ;)
Only kidding — this accomplishment is huge and you should be incredibly proud of all your hard work!

Jen April 6, 2010

Yay!! Congratulations! :)

Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place April 6, 2010

that is amazing news!!!!! congrats!!! you deserve all of these wonderful things happening in your life. Good things come to those who work hard! :)

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete April 6, 2010

First off: congrats! You totally deserve it!

The only ones that I haven’t done are qualify for boston (I need to live in the states for that, but I will get my chance soon enough) and win a race.

I’m running my first marathon in Paris this weekend and I’m so excited! Done tris, and I’m actually signed up for my first half Ironman in September!

nut April 6, 2010

Hi Glow,
I am so excited that you will have your bars in stores. I have been wanting to buy them. When they come out I will be able to show them on my blog. That lunch looks stellar.

If you want a good worker…I am Canadian…possibly living close somewhat to u…and I need a job :)
I have 2 university degrees in healthcare field. Am passionate about writing, nutrition, literacy, and finding the way in life!!
At a tough spot in life now, but trying to trooper thru as best I can.
Anyway, if u know of any jobs , let me know :) My industry is not doing so well with hiring and I am financially in crisis! SOrry for the novel!
I certainly don’t eat as beautifully as u…but everyone is different!

Jenna April 6, 2010

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! That is the most amazing news, ever! You’ve worked so hard for this, you definitly deserve this. :)

Diana April 6, 2010

I read about it on your twitter! Congratulations, that’s awesome! :)

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter April 6, 2010

That’s SOOOO great! I’ve always wanted to try your globars after seeing them all over the blog world. They should come to the USA ;)

One Healthy Apple April 6, 2010

Congrats on getting your bars in a store- very well deserved!

Ali April 6, 2010

Congrats! And consider doing the Nike Women’s Marathon for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! It’s in San Francisco in October. :-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 6, 2010

Ohhh October would be perfecto! Thanks for the idea :)

Kate April 6, 2010

I just registered for the random drawing for the half… got my fingers crossed!

Bec April 6, 2010

I am so happy for you! Congratulations!! Could not happen to a more dedicated, deserving and hard working person. You really are an amazing person Angela and you have inspired me and many others on the web already. Now it is your turn to take the in store health food market by storm. Good for you and well done!!!!!!

Tracey @ TropicalHappiness April 6, 2010

CONGRATS! That is such huge news that your globars are going to be in a store! You should be so proud of all of the hard work you have put into your bakery! It’s incredible!

Allison @ Food For Healing April 6, 2010

i picked 26.2 miles, because that would be such a challenge and an accomplishment for me!

CONGRATS! can’t wait for the follow up news. maybe next Glo bars in Saskatchewan? lol

MAJL April 6, 2010

I missed your post about the how far you would go. I flew to Vancouver last year to do the Grouse Grind and it was amazing! Congrats on the store thingy. If you every go peanut and almond free, that would be wonderful..unless my allergies clear up!

Eric April 6, 2010

Good job Ange! Hard work is paying off!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 6, 2010

test

Eve April 6, 2010

Woo Hooooo! That is great news Angela! So happy for you – you have worked sooo hard and you deserve to be recognized for it! Can’t wait til you can get them sold here in the UK!! ;-)

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin April 6, 2010

How exciting Angela!!!

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' April 6, 2010

Congrats on the BIG news!! That’s so exciting!!!!!

I think running a marathon is the only realistic goal for me out of all those choices– there’s no way I’m skydiving EVER (terrified of heights!), and I’m pretty wimpy when it comes to biking and swimming, too, so a triathlon is out of the question, too! :D

Bella (Stilettos on the Streetcar) April 6, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS!

I look forward to the day when Glo Bars are available in Toronto health food stores… actually, I look forward to the day when they’re available in all grocery stores. :)

I ask my local health food store if they stock Glo Bars every time I’m in there. I know they don’t, but I’m hoping they’ll get the hint!

Jennifer April 6, 2010

Congrats! That is really wonderful! I am so excited for you!! The Glo Bars are great! I tried your variety pack and didn’t find a flavor I didn’t like!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 6, 2010

Thanks everyone!!! Your comments really made my day :)

Page 1 of 3123»