The Photography Continues

Hello :)

I had the weirdest dream last night!

I dreamed that I went to eat at JESSE JAMES restaurant (??) and he was trying to impress me with his food so I didn’t write negatively about him on the blog. :mrgreen: I ordered a side salad to go with my meal and he brought out this HUGE salad as big as the table and I thought to myself, ‘This doesn’t make what you did right!’. :mrgreen: So weird, eh? haha. I did sleep a bit better though…fell asleep by 12:30.

Moving along to dinner last night…

IMG_2668

I’m not one for really drinking much wine at home, but I do love a glass here and there on occasion! And vacation is certainly an occasion.

IMG_2639

IMG_2663

IMG_2664

I love salt and pepper shakers in Corona bottles. So beachy!

IMG_2656 IMG_2658

My mom took a casserole recipe from a magazine and tweaked it a bit.

IMG_2654

I actually thought that it required a lot more tweaking, but the only thing we did was sub the egg for 1/4 cup silken tofu and not use Parmesan Cheese. My mom was nervous about it not turning out but I was like, ‘Piece of cake!!’ ;) I guess I am just used to completely over-hauling recipes now! I forget there was a time when I used to be terrified to divert off the recipe.

The outcome was awesome.

IMG_2659

IMG_2690

IMG_2672

With mashed potatoes and veggies:

IMG_2671 IMG_2673

IMG_2643

Swiss Chard. My mom crushed some crackers over top of it and it gave it a really nice texture.

IMG_2674

My plate (sorry it came out blurry)- Swiss chard, potatoes, veggies, casserole. I had second helpings of the casserole, chard, and mixed veggies.

IMG_2684

Dessert was a delicious…errr…Mac apple…and half a grapefruit…

IMG_2692IMG_2702

And dark chocolate :mrgreen:

IMG_2691

We all watched some of the new show ‘Life’ on the Discovery Channel. It reminded us a lot of the Planet Earth series.

Then Eric and I headed out for a walk around 10pm! The rain stopped and it was a lovely warm evening.

We were pumped to take the SLR out for some night photography- one of our favourite things to do when traveling. We took over 400-500 pictures a day on each day of our 2 week honeymoon in 2008!!

Don’t mind the creepy man behind the park bench… ;)

IMG_8993 IMG_8998

IMG_2793

I was on high alert for creepy crawlies. Eric kept grabbing me and yelling ‘SNAKE!!!’ He scared the @^^@#$^&^@& out of me! lol. Not cool hubby.

IMG_2716

IMG_2761

IMG_2770

IMG_2774

IMG_2749

This reminded me of the showers in CHEMISTRY class in case you got chemicals in your eyes or something. I was always scared of them!

IMG_2732

Community pool. Eric tried to throw me in, but my MacGyver skills out wit his attempts.

IMG_8995

When we got back we watched Jamie Oliver’s new show called Food Revolution. I really admire what he is doing. It is really hard to change a system that is so set in its’ ways, but I think he will do a great job. It just takes time. It is so weird having CABLE TV to watch here. We don’t have cable at home and I miss out on so many cool shows.

~~~

Our plans for the morning include SUPER TARGET…

I got super pumped when I saw a Target commercial on TV last night!

IMG_9007

Thanks for all of your comments in my quiz last night! We had fun reading your opinions!! Yes, the 4 of us read through the comments together around the table and giggled. ;)

Today’s questions…

What was your least favourite class in high school?

Mine was definitely CHEMISTRY. I was pretty much useless in that class and had no interest in mixing chemicals and memorizing the periodic table.

What about your most favourite?

My favourite high school course was definitely a creative writing course that I took in my last year. My teacher, Mr Pearce, asked us to keep a journal that we could decorate and do anything we wanted in it. It was so much fun…I had magazine collages, quotes, poems, random thoughts, personal stories. He would write really nice notes in it that were so encouraging. I really need to dig that up and look at it! I would love to start a journal again actually.

~~~

I am currently sipping on this and then we are going to have breakfast followed by some Target and a lunch out. Eric’s worst nightmare is a long shopping trip so he might sit this one out. ;)

IMG_8923

I’ll be back later today. Have a great start to your week!

Angela_Signature

Page 2 of 2«12
Amanda March 23, 2010

I was such a nerd! Loved chemistry! In high school I took chemistry, organic chemistry and advanced chemistry. My least favorite was gym …. is that a class? I was so self conscious and couldn’t enjoy it. Now it’s probably a different story : )

kate March 22, 2010

I hated Chemistry – just thinking about it gives me the chills! I love your dream – so funny!

Katie March 22, 2010

My favorite class in high school was also creative writing, and I loathed science. Yet, I am in the midst of getting a phd in biology. Just goes to show what the effects of teachers are on students and their futures!

Allison @ Food For Healing March 22, 2010

The weather looks so beautiful there! Hope your having a blasty!

I loved Biology in high school, i still love it. But i hated and still hate english/grammar classes. they stink

Lin March 22, 2010

Wow!! That casserole pie looks absolutely great… I can read the recipe off the post, so I’m going to try it. My favorite classes were art and literature, my most hated were math and science. So now I have a career in pharmacy. Go figure. I love the job though!

I have to say, I am about your mom’s age, and I think she is gorgeous… we all should look so good with our grown daughters (ha). Way to go, Angela’s mom!

Jolene March 22, 2010

My least favourite was also chemistry (and math too)! I was SO bad at both. I loved English.

Funny thing though, once I hit university, I all of a sudden “got” math. It just clicked!

Kelly March 22, 2010

Ooo I definitely want to play with that casserole recipe Friday or Saturday when I’m avoiding paper writing. That thing can really go places…just need to figure out a different crust/topping.

High school, oh, high school. Days I’d rather not reflect back on, but I will for the sake of sheer boredom. Least favorite class hands down was British Lit (I hated all lit, even through college, but this was the worst). Favorite was math (Stats, but I’ll pass on the Calculus and Geometry).

Bec March 22, 2010

The pie looks amazing. I was wondering if you could post how else you would have tweaked the recipe? I am always after healthier ways to cook but a little apprehensive of changing recipes myself. But every tweaked recipe I have tried of your has been terrific.

So glad you are enjoying your vacation thus far. You look so happy in the photographs you have posted.

Jenny March 22, 2010

I’m catching up on all of your posts! Loving them all :)

haha that dream about Jesse James is TOO funny!! And I ADORE that wine cork, couldn’t agree more!

Laura March 22, 2010

I can’t wait to check out the new Jamie show. Not sure when it is airing in Aus though.

My least favourite subject at school was English, I just hated writing and making stuff up, which is so weird since now I love blogging!

My favourites were music and science.

Lauren March 22, 2010

Looks like your manicure is still intact! I work at Trader Joe’s and can never get mine to last more than a day. :( I do feel pretty when I have one though.

Favorite subject: Psychology/Social Behavior (also my major in college)
Least Favorite: Chemistry (the reason I changed my major to psych!)

Julia March 22, 2010

I watched Food Revolution today, great show! When you come back to Canada you can watch them online on CTV. Just thought that I would let you know as another “cable-less Canadian” I am sure you know how hard it is to find shows online that will allow us to watch :)

Gabriela (froyolover) March 22, 2010

Roasted vegetable pie?
LOOOVE!
Hahahahha ;)
Have a great week, girl!
Brazilian XOXO´s,
Gabriela

Danica March 22, 2010

YUM ~ Your mom did awesome on that veggie casserole – all of dinner looks delish!

I thought my parents were bad taking a gazillion pictures but I think you all might take the cake at 500 a day EACH LOL.

Have fun shopping!

Triathlonbabe March 22, 2010

I just want to say how much I love reading your daily blogs and to me this is your journal. I mean, you have pics and all. :) Love the wine pics they look so posh and love Target, one of my favorite stores in the whole USA!

Might have to try that veggie casserole.

I hated Geometry, but loved English and History.

Becca March 22, 2010

YUM that veggie casserole!!!

Fave classes were Art History, English, U.S. Government, and Euro. History, and then THEATRE. High school was truly awesome in terms of classes. Hated math, science, and Spanish though.

I have kept a journal since I was about 7 (13 years or so)- I have a huge box full of them. I think you would enjoy it- you can put absolutely anything you want in there and it’s such a release! Also fun to look back on and realize things about yourself you didn’t know back then…..

Leah March 22, 2010

I HATED math. I was horrible at it, horrible! Its actually scary that I worked at a bank for 3 years. That never should have been allowed! All I can say is thank God for the computer!!
My favorite class was Writing too. That and English.

Have fun at Target!! I LOVE it there – its just so much fun.

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) March 22, 2010

Just curious, what else would you have tweaked in the recipe? I think my least favorite course in high school was calculus. My most favorite courses were literature and French!

Sara March 22, 2010

I ADORE that cork!!!!!!! :) It’s so true :)
Have fun in FL!
Sara

Rachel @ Suburban Yogini March 22, 2010

Veganizing recipes is one of my favourite pastimes!

Jamie Oliver is a bit of a national institution here in the UK. A bit like the Queen only cooler. And a boy. ;)

Crystal March 22, 2010

I am a special snowflake in that I loved Biology and English Lit the most… and those are what I am double majoring in! :D Most of the time people tend to like either science or arts but I think it is so enriching to take in experience from both sides.

In high school I also really enjoyed my Japanese language class, but that was also due to the friendly teacher and classmates.

pam landy March 22, 2010

Target is a dangerous store…I hadn’t been in about a month and just spent $283.56 YIKES! (there went my extra money from babysitting). I did buy a lot of cards and presents this time which is so much fun, but adds up quickly!!! I feel accomplished when I leave target only having spent $50 or less. I can’t wait to hear what you think about Target! As for the least favorite class always history courses. My favorites were math, english, and photography.
PS. your dinner put mine to shame, it looks so yummy.

pam landy March 22, 2010

I meant 183.56 but still yikes!!!

Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow March 22, 2010

We are going on our honeymoon in Italy & France- we will be photo maniacs!!! What camera did you two take on that one? Did you take a digital point and shoot or a larger one? We aren’t sure what to do yet…

Chemistry was interesting but so not my thing. I LOVED biology- learning about cells, genetics, where everything stems from and how life builds. So cool!

Nicole, RD March 22, 2010

I hated chemistry, too! Except then I wanted to becoming a dietitian and that required a LOT of chemistry. So, I ended up with a minor in chemistry in college. Ha!

Most favorite HS class? Math! Nerd alert!!

Janet (Pantry Bites) March 22, 2010

Favorite class was Art History. I had the best and the most inspiring teacher.

Digital SLR’s are great as you can take as many photos that you want without worrying about paying for film!

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear March 22, 2010

Those salt and pepper shakers are a great idea!

Martha March 22, 2010

I loved Law and Economics. The laws of supply and demand are so interesting and apply to every facet of our lives. (I didn’t intend fo rthat to seem so deep…haha) Partially the material and partly because of the teachers, they were hilarious.

Calculus was definitely like a nagging sibling for me, you can’t ever escape it and must endure. I had to take Calculus as a pre-requisite for my university program, so I had to grin and bare through it…ugh. Am I glad I took it? Not sure, my brain just doesn’t work that way.

Have you seen lots of geko lizards? They’re so flighty, slinking around on those palm trees haha.

Caroline March 22, 2010

I hope you didn’t encounter any palmetto bugs while down there! I am NOT a fan! You guys got some great pictures in the dark! Very impressive (I suppose that was the appeal of the bench creeping :) ). I’m so annoyed I forgot Food Revolution was on! Perhaps its online… Off to search!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) March 22, 2010

I LOVE wine, so much. And that casserole looks delish!! Love the walk pictures =D

xo
K

Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 22, 2010

Taking pictures at night sounds so fun!!!
Least favorite class in high school was also chemistry. But not because of the subject, oh no, because my teacher HATED me and all my classmates and sought to make our life as miserable as possible. And she failed everyone but me and another person. Long story as to WHY she hated us…
Most favorite was my U.S. History class. I LOVE history but it was the teacher that made it awesome! BEST teacher I ever had, EVER.

Katherine March 22, 2010

That casserole looks lovely!

I didn’t like english…loved math and chemistry. I never found myself to be very creative when I was younger.

Natasha March 22, 2010

Looks like you are having an awesome time on holidays!

At school I always loved drama, and art. Any chance to flex my creative muscles.

I deeply disliked maths, and chemistry. Funny though that I considered forensic science as a career (I put it down to The X Files being my fave Tv show at the time, ah I was so young).

I was terrified of P.E… I think it was the teachers.

Eliana >^..^ March 22, 2010

I can only imagine how much fun you guys must have reading all of these comments, and boy you get a lot of them. :O)

I love night photography, it can be so much fun.