Hello From Florida!

Hey guys!

We made it safe and sound late last night. :)

IMG_8886

The sweet Southern Belle at the Budget counter sweet talked us into this bad boy!!!! LOL.

IMG_8899

She convinced us it was a special deal just for us…lol. ;)

Lots of fun was had driving to my parents place…music was cranked, songs were sung. Hair got massively knotty, lol.

IMG_8910

Lots of beer and chips were had upon arriving

IMG_2552

I had 2 beer and then some of Eric’s. Soooo thirsty after the flight. Probably not the most hydrating drink, but it tasted amazing!!! Eric proceeded to spill his beer all over his lap. We joke in my family that it isn’t a party until Eric spills something! LOL…he tends to spill things a lot.

IMG_2558 IMG_2559

IMG_2539

OSGMOM spotting!

The condo they are renting is just beautiful and has such a Florida touch to it.

IMG_2561

IMG_2536

Despite our awesome bed I could NOT sleep last night! I was sooooo excited and basically wired up. I laid in bed til 2am and I was up around 7am. Vacation excitement! ;)

IMG_2545

IMG_2566

IMG_2562

IMG_2564

IMG_2548

IMG_2534

IMG_2579

Love this tree…anyone know what it is?

IMG_2586

I started the vacation off on the right foot with a nice 4 mile run this morning.

IMG_8928

Despite my stepdad trying to scare me, I did NOT see any snakes! However, every twig, stick, leaf, rustle was a potential suspect. :mrgreen:

IMG_8938

Lots of great paths!

IMG_8935 IMG_8936

I got a really bad blister though so I need to pick up some blister pads. Ouch!

We’re off to Naples now to look around and see the sights. Back later!

Have a lovely Sunday!

Angela_Signature

1 Jess (Fit Chick in the City) March 21, 2010

It must be so nice for you to run in the warmth of the sun on your vacation! Have a great time with your family!

2 liane March 21, 2010

Are those welcome baskets on your bed?!
How cute is that?!!
Have a fantastic vacation :)

3 Ashlei March 21, 2010

Hope the weather is gorgeous for you down there! Can’t wait to see your pics :)

4 Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete March 21, 2010

Awesome that you made it to Florida and you get to enjoy the sunshine!!! You will look like a freak if you are out in shorts in 65 degrees there, and all the Floridians are in sweatpants, but savor it! I dealt with that few weeks ago while I was there!

5 Megan @ Eat.Scrap.Run March 21, 2010

This is so true! I live in Florida and whenever my husband and I see someone in shorts when it’s “cold”, or swimming in the cold ocean, we say they must be Canadians :)

6 Ashley March 21, 2010

My folks were in Naples for 2 weeks. I didn’t think they were coming home!

Enjoy!

7 Kelly Michelle March 21, 2010

OMG LOVE the car!!!!!

8 Lisa March 21, 2010

I am always so worried about going for runs while on vacation…what if I get lost? Do you look up maps pre-trip or just run and figure it out as you go?

9 Jenny March 21, 2010

You HAVE to go to Marco Island (I’m sure you will!!!) And if you have plans for alligator alley, make sure you fill up your gas tank… the cops don’t get too happy when you run out of fuel- much like my tummy:)

10 Tiffany @ A Dantat's Life March 21, 2010

hahaha what a fun car to rent!!! driving in an open top convertible at night… only in florida! it would be way too cold to do that anywhere else! :D

what a beautiful condo your parents have!! and yay for starting the vacation off on the right foot with a lovely 4 mi run in gorgeous weather :)

enjoy the rest of your day!!

11 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin March 21, 2010

Nice convertible!! Funny how salespeople can convince you a deal is just for you, but at least you got a pretty sweet car out of it!

12 Joanne March 21, 2010

Hi Angela! I’ve been reading your blog for almost a year, but it looks like this is my first comment! I could have sworn I commented before. Anyway, I hope you have a great time on your Florida trip.

Snake story: My parents are coming out to AZ from the east coast for my graduation in May & my mother is scared to death that she is going to encounter a rattle snake! I’ve been living out here for 4 years & I’ve NEVER seen one. I just try to make lots of noise when I’m running or hiking & that seems to get em away. Hope you don’t see any while you’re in FL!

Have a great day!

13 Heather March 21, 2010

I was on your site last night looking at your half marathon re-capes. I ran my first half this morning and thinking “you are stronger than you think” TOTALLY got me through the first 3.5 and the last 2! (4-11 is a blur). :)
Thanks Angela!

14 Lindsey @ Sound Eats March 21, 2010

I think that may be a creeping myrtle tree – they’re gorgeous! They’re usually in those pink colors, lavender, white, or a gorgeous bright fuchsia. Love them!

Can’t wait to see you next weekend!!

15 kalli@fitandfortysomething March 21, 2010

oh how fun! you are going ot have such a great vacation…..

16 krissy March 21, 2010

Glad you made it safe and sound!!! Have a blasty my love!!! xoxo

17 Christina March 21, 2010

Have an awesome trip! We used to visit Florida almost every summer and I miss it so much!

18 Ameena March 21, 2010

Florida is so beautiful! Have a great trip Angela…enjoy the great weather.

19 BostonRunner March 21, 2010

Have a great vacation! All your pictures are so beautiful.

20 Majl March 21, 2010

Try Miller Chill; it is way better than Bud Light Lime in my opinion!

21 Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ March 21, 2010

What a fun time. From the bowl of fruits and veggies it looks like mom try’s to be healthy.

22 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 21, 2010

Beautiful condo!! Wowza. This vacation would be amazing even if you just stayed in the whole time :)

23 Cynthia (It All Changes) March 21, 2010

So much fun! And I always get vacation excitement and can’t sleep either. Enjoy your trip.

24 Ashley March 21, 2010

SO cute in the convertible! The condo looks awesome. Do I spot easter baskets on the bed? Looks like your mom stocked up on your favs in that fruit/veg bowl! Have fun!! I love the mountains but I could use the beach right about now ;)

25 Haleigh March 21, 2010

I can never sleep the first few nights on vacation.. there is always too much adventure just waiting to happen :) Have fun on your trip! You deserve it! xoxo

26 Amy March 21, 2010

Must have felt great to run in shorts again!

Have a great trip!

27 Adam March 21, 2010

Looks like your set for fruit and veggies! Have a great time :)

28 Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place March 21, 2010

enjoy your vacation! Looks like gorgeous weather !

29 Amanda March 21, 2010

Awesome! I love Florida…I’m going to visit my aunt in Naples in June. I can’t wait! Have a fun trip!

30 SoVeryFabulous March 21, 2010

Sounds like you’re having a great time so far, yay! :)

31 Heather (Where's the Beach) March 21, 2010

YAY to good times in FL!! Hope you have a blast.

32 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) March 21, 2010

Yay for being in Florida! I love BL lime, so refreshing =D And what a cute condo!

Enjoy your vacation, can’t wait to hear more about it!

xo
K

33 Lindsay Perrone (goodiesgalore) March 21, 2010

Cherry Blossom maybe?

34 Jane March 21, 2010

OMG the condo look beautiful. Isn’t is great running in a tropical climate….I love running when I go to Cuba…the locals think I’m nuts…..since they have to walk and bike every where….and don’t exercise in their spare time.

Enjoy your trip.

35 Katherine March 21, 2010

That is a great way to begin your vacation! Beer upon arrival and run in the morning. Runs always energize my day! I can’t wait until the ski season is over to get back into running.

36 Candice March 21, 2010

What a fun car!! I just want to say that I’ve been a long time reader, but haven’t ever commented much – so silly!

I appreciate your blog so much and the time you spend on it. OSG is a must read for me everyday! Thanks for the inspiration you bring.

I’m excited for you on your vacation – looks like you’re having the best time!

37 Kat March 21, 2010

Love the wallpaper in the kitchen — fun with bold prints. Are those matching curtains in the front corner? Lol. So much fun.

Great pics missy! Live it up. Enjoy the weather. And fingers crossed that this chilly grey version of Toronto is gone soon!

best best!
– Kat

38 Run Sarah March 21, 2010

The condo looks gorgeous!! Glad you arrived safely – must be so nice to see the sunshine too!

39 Kirsten March 21, 2010

Enjoy your very well deserved vacation – looks like a beautiful place! I think you and I may have the same fear of snakes!

40 EaterNotARunner March 21, 2010

Have a great vacation!!

41 Cassie @ A Very Busy Mind March 21, 2010

Aw OSGMOM def STOCKED you guys with produce! Moms are the best. :)

42 Janet (Pantry Bites) March 21, 2010

Angela, I think the tree is a Jacaranda. I only saw it after I moved to New Zealand. I have one outside of my house. The leaves are beautiful but they only flower for a very short period.

43 Carbzilla March 21, 2010

I was also going to say Jacaranda but hard to tell. We had them in So. Cal. Beautiful purple flowers.

That is some wallpaper in the kitchen! Wowza. Have a super trip!

44 Midgetkeeper March 21, 2010

Nice car and place! Have a blast.

45 Deirdre March 21, 2010

Sounds like you’re having a great time so fat. The car looks like so much fun.

46 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) March 21, 2010

Looks like fun! It’s definitely fun to have a little healthy “leeway” while on vacation although I’ve been on the road nearly two months and am SO looking forward to getting back into my normal routine and my own kitchen.

47 Amy @ Running in Pink March 21, 2010

Glad you made it to Florida safe and sound – i promised you the flight would be fine!

I love that photo of your mom and eric in the kitchen (it looks like she is having a cheeky pinch of his bottom!) :o)

What are in the baskets on your bed? I’m being really nosey now!

48 Angie All The Way March 21, 2010

Tooo funny because the husband and I are going to Orlando on April 12 for 10 days and he got us a convertible lined up too! How FUN and what a treat!!!

Condo looks beautiful!! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

49 Fae March 21, 2010

Looks like you’re having a blast already!!! You left at just the right time too. The weather here in Toronto SUCKS right now!!!!

Anyhow, enjoy the vaca!!!

50 Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 21, 2010

Hope you have a great time!!! Great work on the run!!!

51 Meg's Gut March 21, 2010

enjoy florida! hopefully the weather is starting to warm up down there for ya!

52 Victoria March 21, 2010

I agree with Jacaranda…i have grown up in so cal with those lovely trees…incredibly messy flowers when then drop…

53 Heather (Heather's Dish) March 21, 2010

what a cute house! i love vacation homes :) way to go with the 4 miler this morning…hope Naples is a blast and I can’t wait to see pictures!

54 christina cadden March 21, 2010

Have a fun vacation!

55 Katherine @ Lipgloss and Spandex March 21, 2010

YAY for the start of your vacation, and for a SWEET rental convertible :)

56 Jolene March 21, 2010

That book is really cool!! And I love the wallpaper!!

57 Sophie @ yumventures March 22, 2010

Beautiful condo! I love it!

58 Eliana >^..^ March 22, 2010

How much fun!! What a beautiful apartment!

LEt me know when you find out what tree that is, I have been seeing a lot of them around my house but have no clue what it is.

Have fun.

59 Erin March 31, 2010

I used to jog outside trails in Florida all the time, and I only saw a snake once – it was terrifying though! He was a big boy, and I’d have stepped right on him in two more steps if I didn’t stop. I have also seen gigantic turtles, wild horses and buffalo in the central FL area, and was told by someone else once that they saw a gator right in the middle of the trail!