The Little Tourist

Helloooooooooo!

I have 20 minutes to write this post before the hockey game!

Let’s get to it :)

The run was fabulous in Toronto this morning! The sun peaked out about 2 miles into our run and it was gorgeous and quite warm for a winter day. I think it got up to 4C! For those of you who aren’t familiar with Celsius temps, 4C in Canada equates with driving with your windows down. bahaha. You think I’m joking but I’m not!

My running buds Krissy and Jess:

IMG_8559

You know you are a Canadian Food Blogger when…

You talk about two things on your run:

1. HOCKEY
  2. Food

In that order :mrgreen:

IMG_8592

We ran along Lakeshore and it was BEE-U-tiful!

IMG_8564

I love running in Toronto because there are so many runners out! We must have passed at least 30 or so. Toronto has a great running community and it is no surprise because the city is very runner friendly in terms of the paths and routes. Such a change from my town where I am one of the only runners on the road and I have to dodge big trucks!

IMG_8568

We ran an easy 5.75 miles before making our way to our lunch spot, Freshie, Fresh, Fresh:

IMG_8571

Such a quaint restaurant with fun bold colours.

IMG_8572

We were thirsty and ordered juices right away.

I had the All Green (cuke, kale, celery, parsley, ginger, lemon) and lemon water:

IMG_8574 IMG_8570

Cheers for Green things!

IMG_8577

Jess and I with some rosy cheeks!

IMG_8579

Thank you for all of your suggestions on what to get for lunch!!!

If you selected the Black Bean Burrito– you are the CHOSEN ONE. ;)

IMG_8573

I always overlook Fresh’s wraps and go for the bowls, but I am so glad I decided to get this Black Bean Burrito today. It was PERFECTION in a wrap.

BOOM

IMG_8591

It was phenomenal. The chipotle avocado sauce was just superb with the spicy black beans. I never would have thought to pair those flavours, but it worked.

IMG_8588

Jess got a wrap too- the vegetable one that Eric loved so much last May!

IMG_8578

Krissy ordered off the breakfast menu and got this amazing granola parfait!

IMG_8582

She said it was great.

IMG_8583

Then we ran another 1.5 miles back to our starting spot! Surprisingly our stomachs were fine and we didn’t feel crampy after eating.

IMG_8596

Some of the pictures I take for the blog are so odd. Eric always calls me The Little Tourist because I always take random pictures of things whenever we go out! We could be going to Wal-Mart and I will take a picture of the Wal-Mart sign!

I love Toronto…visiting is fun. As far as big cities go, it is quite clean and very safe!

IMG_8594 IMG_8595

We ran a total of 7.35 miles and it was done at a very easy, conversational pace. Just perfect for a longer run outside! I think it took us around 1 hour 15 mins. (including stops).

I don’t think I need to tell you what I am going to watch now!!!!

I believe everyone in Canada (and their dog) will be glued to the screen for the big Gold medal game at 3:15pm EST.

Team Canada has their work cut out for them today. Team USA’s goalie, Miller, is probably the best goalie in the games and if he brings his A-game tonight it is going to be tough. With that being said, Canada has a very strong team and being on home ice does give Canada that X-Factor! It will definitely be a great match-up that is for sure. :mrgreen:

I can’t believe the closing ceremonies are tonight! My gosh, I am going to be SO sad when the games are over! The past two weeks sure did bring a lot of cheer to our dreary winter season!! I am so proud of Canada for setting a record for Gold medals too!

I have a very, very exciting March Madness Glo Bar announcement coming up hopefully tomorrow! It will be a first for Glo Bar variety packs…very excited.

Angela_Signature

Page 2 of 2«12
Travel Insurance News May 3, 2010

I think it’s really amazing how people can adjust to their surroundings so that the heat/cold doesn’t bother them so much.

I want to go to Toronto so bad! Love this run and the meal!! What a fun day.

jay.sara

Travel Insurance News May 3, 2010

I’m sad now that the Olympics are over, i surprisingly watched quite a bit of them.Are more crunches and cardio necessary or one more than the other? My waist is 29 inches around the belly button, but below my ribs is 26 inches (smallest part of my waist). I am looking to lose my “layer” of fat over my stomach so my abs are more defined for a beach vacation. any suggestions?

jay.sara

Therese March 3, 2010

Could you share the strength exercises that you think have been helping your knees? I started running again about 2 months ago and I’m having some on-and-off trouble with my right knee. Thanks!

Katy ( The Balanced Foodie ) March 2, 2010

I want to go to Toronto so bad! Love this run and the meal!! What a fun day.

Meredith March 1, 2010

I ran along the Lakeshore yesterday too! The 3rd picture you posted – we ran past there and I remember saying to my friend how weird those looked without the boats next to them!

Glad you had a great run, looking forward to the Glo announcement!

Heather March 1, 2010

yum that granola parfait looks so yummy!

Sophie @ yumventures March 1, 2010

Congrats on the W-I-N!!

Allison @ Food For Healing March 1, 2010

the hockey game rocked my face!!!

I’m sad now that the Olympics are over, i surprisingly watched quite a bit of them. But The Biggest Loser is back on tomorrow (Tuesday) so i am happy about that.

Jenn @ Livewellfit March 1, 2010

You ladies are rockstars!!! I wish there were more places around like Fresh! I love eating that way but whenever we are out…there are rarely choices that have delish food such as that. So sad!!

Miriam March 1, 2010

What a game!! :)

AGS March 1, 2010

Congrats to all Canadians on the win!

Kristina @Mendonpondmusings March 1, 2010

Love seeing you and your friends bundled up for the run. Us cold weather runners need to represent!

Miss March 1, 2010

Yeaaaaaah Crosbyyy!!
I’m so glad they decided to put Luongo in net – Miller is an unreal goalie, it was the only thing we could do to have a change, in my opinion. (Brodeur is an amazing goalie too, he’s just past his prime.)

Sarah March 1, 2010

4C and you drive with the windows *down*??? OMG! I live in the Mediterranean, so anything below 20C demands thick winter coats, heating, and CLOSED windows. LOL!

Glad you had a great day with your friends!

Jenny (Green Food Diaries) March 1, 2010

mmmm i adore fresh. defs down for it anytime!

Amanda March 1, 2010

It was so warm today! It’s bad when 4C feels balmy and you have the windows open eh? I <3 toronto, its so beautiful.

nelly February 28, 2010

we wonnnnnnnn! woot!!!

*happy dance*

Lauren February 28, 2010

When I’m around town taking pictures of random stuff I always think that people must think I’m from somewhere else! If only they knew. ;)

Crystal February 28, 2010

I am so happy about the game! :) I watched it today, too. It started at noon for us BC West Coasters!
Toronto looks like a lovely city. Victoria is also very nice but lacks (imo) in the healthy eating restaurants. Glad you enjoyed your time out with your friends!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday February 28, 2010

You’re right about Canadian food bloggers! haha.

I love Fresh. One of my favourite restaurants in T.O.

Annie February 28, 2010

Fresh looks awesome! Rarely can I find places that offer veggie juices. I also can rarely find running buddies! You were a lucky lady today!

Angela (ohsheglows) February 28, 2010

Some of you were asking me about the Fresh cookbook. I don’t own it so I can’t really comment on it, but I heard from a few people that the recipes are quite time consuming to make. If anyone out there has made some of the recipes and wants to comment on the cookbook that would be great! :)