The Little Tourist

Helloooooooooo!

I have 20 minutes to write this post before the hockey game!

Let’s get to it :)

The run was fabulous in Toronto this morning! The sun peaked out about 2 miles into our run and it was gorgeous and quite warm for a winter day. I think it got up to 4C! For those of you who aren’t familiar with Celsius temps, 4C in Canada equates with driving with your windows down. bahaha. You think I’m joking but I’m not!

My running buds Krissy and Jess:

IMG 8559 thumb   The Little Tourist

You know you are a Canadian Food Blogger when…

You talk about two things on your run:

1. HOCKEY
  2. Food

In that order :mrgreen:

IMG 8592 thumb   The Little Tourist

We ran along Lakeshore and it was BEE-U-tiful!

IMG 8564 thumb   The Little Tourist

I love running in Toronto because there are so many runners out! We must have passed at least 30 or so. Toronto has a great running community and it is no surprise because the city is very runner friendly in terms of the paths and routes. Such a change from my town where I am one of the only runners on the road and I have to dodge big trucks!

IMG 8568 thumb   The Little Tourist

We ran an easy 5.75 miles before making our way to our lunch spot, Freshie, Fresh, Fresh:

IMG 8571 thumb   The Little Tourist

Such a quaint restaurant with fun bold colours.

IMG 8572 thumb   The Little Tourist

We were thirsty and ordered juices right away.

I had the All Green (cuke, kale, celery, parsley, ginger, lemon) and lemon water:

IMG 8574 thumb   The Little Tourist IMG 8570 thumb   The Little Tourist

Cheers for Green things!

IMG 8577 thumb   The Little Tourist

Jess and I with some rosy cheeks!

IMG 8579 thumb   The Little Tourist

Thank you for all of your suggestions on what to get for lunch!!!

If you selected the Black Bean Burrito- you are the CHOSEN ONE. ;)

IMG 8573 thumb   The Little Tourist

I always overlook Fresh’s wraps and go for the bowls, but I am so glad I decided to get this Black Bean Burrito today. It was PERFECTION in a wrap.

BOOM

IMG 8591 thumb   The Little Tourist

It was phenomenal. The chipotle avocado sauce was just superb with the spicy black beans. I never would have thought to pair those flavours, but it worked.

IMG 8588 thumb   The Little Tourist

Jess got a wrap too- the vegetable one that Eric loved so much last May!

IMG 8578 thumb   The Little Tourist

Krissy ordered off the breakfast menu and got this amazing granola parfait!

IMG 8582 thumb   The Little Tourist

She said it was great.

IMG 8583 thumb   The Little Tourist

Then we ran another 1.5 miles back to our starting spot! Surprisingly our stomachs were fine and we didn’t feel crampy after eating.

IMG 8596 thumb   The Little Tourist

Some of the pictures I take for the blog are so odd. Eric always calls me The Little Tourist because I always take random pictures of things whenever we go out! We could be going to Wal-Mart and I will take a picture of the Wal-Mart sign!

I love Toronto…visiting is fun. As far as big cities go, it is quite clean and very safe!

IMG 8594 thumb   The Little Tourist IMG 8595 thumb   The Little Tourist

We ran a total of 7.35 miles and it was done at a very easy, conversational pace. Just perfect for a longer run outside! I think it took us around 1 hour 15 mins. (including stops).

I don’t think I need to tell you what I am going to watch now!!!!

I believe everyone in Canada (and their dog) will be glued to the screen for the big Gold medal game at 3:15pm EST.

Team Canada has their work cut out for them today. Team USA’s goalie, Miller, is probably the best goalie in the games and if he brings his A-game tonight it is going to be tough. With that being said, Canada has a very strong team and being on home ice does give Canada that X-Factor! It will definitely be a great match-up that is for sure. :mrgreen:

I can’t believe the closing ceremonies are tonight! My gosh, I am going to be SO sad when the games are over! The past two weeks sure did bring a lot of cheer to our dreary winter season!! I am so proud of Canada for setting a record for Gold medals too!

I have a very, very exciting March Madness Glo Bar announcement coming up hopefully tomorrow! It will be a first for Glo Bar variety packs…very excited.

Angela Signature thumb35   The Little Tourist

Aneta February 28, 2010

im blogging and watching and blogging and watching!
LETS GO CANADA GO!!!!

Stacey February 28, 2010

Brrrrr :) Sure looks cold in Canada. That burrito looks mouth watering..I guess it doesn’t help that I am blog reading with a hungry stomach ;)

Allison (Eat Clean Live Green) February 28, 2010

That burrito looks awesome!

go Canada! :)

Katie @ Health for the Whole Self February 28, 2010

So glad you had a good run today! At present, your country is beating my country 1-0…we’ll see what happens! :)

Kendel February 28, 2010

You wrote that entire, detailed, beautiful blog in 20 min. ?!?!? Oh teach me your ways, Great One!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg February 28, 2010

You look so beautiful in these pics!! Indeed, you glow! :-)

jessica @ how sweet February 28, 2010

I’m watching and don’t know who I’m rooting for since crosby is my lovahhhhh!

Natalie February 28, 2010

Love Fresh! Glad you had a great time in Toronto. The beaches is also a great place to run in the city. 1-0 Canada so far!!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) February 28, 2010

I’m impressed your tummy didn’t ache running after you ate. My stomach cramps when there is a crumb inside!

I think Fresh is the coolest place ever…I would go every day if I could (and had the $$$).

Sarah February 28, 2010

Noooo! Toews just broke my heart scoring that goal for “you guys”. :) I’m a Chicagoan and he’s my favorite on the Chicago Blackhawks! It’s on! :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) February 28, 2010

that sounds like the perfect run/lunch combo…i didn’t pick the black bean burrito, but after seeing it i wish i had :) hope you guys have a blast watching the game!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 28, 2010

ooooh congrats on the run! And what a lunch – LOVE IT!

Grace (Graceful Simplicity) February 28, 2010

If I ever make it to Toronto again, I’ll have to try Fresh. They have a cookbook out, don’t they?

Miss March 1, 2010

They have three cookbooks out :) I highly suggest you buy “Refresh” though, it’s my favorite of the three. You can buy the books at bookstores or at the restaurants themselves.

Mara @ What's for Dinner? February 28, 2010

Looks like a fantastic day! I would’ve been all for the touristy part and the Fresh part…not so much the running part :)

Jen February 28, 2010

2-0 for our boys so far!!!! They are rocking it today…can’t wait to see them get their gold medals! GO CANADA, GO!

Alyson @ Nourished Fitness February 28, 2010

That wrap looks like perfection.. though I must admit that Yogurt Parfaits are one of my all time favorite meals!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ February 28, 2010

The wrap looked awesome and glad you had a good run. A nice run on the weekend is such a great feeling.

Kristilyn (My 29th Year) February 28, 2010

I’m loving the nice weather we’re having in Alberta … it’s been a crazy February – so warm!

My husband and I are watching the hockey game right now – GO CANADA!!!

K

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) February 28, 2010

GO CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love being a tourist in my own city … too bad my city is so small there is not much new to see!

Babycakes February 28, 2010

I feel the same. I will be seriously depressed tonight when the olympics are all over. Four years is way too long to wait! :(

Susan February 28, 2010

I’m watching the game right now and am having a heart attack just about every 3 minutes! This would all be so much easier if Ryan Miller would just let a few in ;) I’m definitely going to go through Olympics withdrawals but I will NOT miss that stupid song!!! GAH CTV has burned that stupid theme song into my brain…

Your Toronto posts get me so excited to move there soon!! Happy to hear it’s a running friendly city, I’ve been a little worried about that actually.

veganlisa February 28, 2010

I’m pretty sure I passed you three on the waterfront trail! I’m glad you enjoyed your run outside and your lunch at Fresh. I love that I have access to so many great veg restaurants in my neighbourhood. It is a blessed change after spending a few years in Calgary. Go Canada Go!

Cynthia (It All Changes) February 28, 2010

I can’t wait to live in a city that is runner friendly. Right now we have to drive to a running path to run outside safely.

This game is CRAZY!

Kate February 28, 2010

Wow–4C is downright balmy! I was about that here last week (well..err…45F in Juneau) and I was walking the dog in a long sleeve t-shirt with a vest over it. Now its back to rainy and chilly again.

Today’s hockey game will be epic! Maybe I can convince the hubby to watch! :-D

sam February 28, 2010

This isn’t really related, but Angela or one of the readers may know. Whats the best method for getting defined abs? I am already working out around 4 days a week (weight circuits, spinning, one team sport). Are more crunches and cardio necessary or one more than the other? My waist is 29 inches around the belly button, but below my ribs is 26 inches (smallest part of my waist). I am looking to lose my “layer” of fat over my stomach so my abs are more defined for a beach vacation. any suggestions?

Mel February 28, 2010

Since Fresh is only in Toronto, I was thinking of purchasing one of their cookbooks. What do you think of them?

Paige @ Running Around Normal February 28, 2010

Oooh man this post just made me SO hungry!

Your run meetup sounds like so much fun! I can def see why you took so many pictures. Toronto looks beautiful.
Have fun tonight!

lauren February 28, 2010

Exciting Overtime!

lauren February 28, 2010

Of course it would be Crosby to score! Enjoy!

Amy February 28, 2010

Canada has GOLD!!!!! And would have it NO other way!!! Yay Canada!!!!

Christie http://rollerkoesterrun.wordpress.com/ February 28, 2010

I’m super jealous.
1~ That run looks awesome- such a pretty area!
2~ You guys just won :( Congrats! What a great game.

~Christie (http://rollerkoesterrun.wordpress.com/)

Jennifer February 28, 2010

Golllllldddddddd! Way to go Canada! A new record for most Gold medals won by a host country. Woohoo!!!

Jenn February 28, 2010

Thanks for the email, you made my day! My boyfriend and I made black bean peppers for dinner.

Jen February 28, 2010

We won!!!!! And who else but our golden boy could take us to the gold medal?! Go Crosby and Go Canada!!! What a great ending to the Olympic games!

Ellen February 28, 2010

All right–what’s y’all’s secret? You guys still look cute AFTER running!

Lin February 28, 2010

Hi Angela!!

I found your blog about a month ago and now am a daily reader. So much interesting info, fun fashion and home makeovers, as well as terrific recipes. I’ve been wanting to try a Green Monster since I started reading OSG, and today I bought a Magic Bullet and blended up my first one. It was absolutely delicious!… I started simple: one cup vanilla soy light, one cup slightly steamed (until barely wilted) spinach, one scoop whey protein powder, 1/2 banana, one handfull blueberries, a drizzle of honey and 3 solid shakes of cinnamon. I really couldn’t believe how good it tasted, and all the health benefits to boot. I notice some of your reader’s recipes use raw spinach, and that you recommend it steamed… just curious as to why steaming might be better? By the way, your photos are always great, and you certainly do personify “the glow!”

EaterNotARunner February 28, 2010

Congrats on the game!

Looks like a super fun day ;-)

Nicole, RD February 28, 2010

How fun! Everything looks like a blast! Kudos to Canada in winning the game. While I’m sad, both teams played great and it was a fun game to watch. I’m a hockey player myself :)

Laura February 28, 2010

I really adore your blog. You’re so lucky to have the wonderful jess as a running partner.

That food looks simply incredible.

Kimberly February 28, 2010

How about our boys? What a great game! Go Canada Go!

Page 1 of 212»