Green Goddess

Hello. Fancy meeting you here! :)

My workouts this week have been strong and solid. There is no doubt in my mind that not running in Sunday’s race was the right decision.

I will never let myself feel a twinge of guilt ever again when I listen to my body!

Monday I ran an 8km– on my own time- and I saved $35! My legs felt really good after a day of rest and stretching.

Tuesday was a lovely rest day once again. I have actually changed my Spring Training Plan around a bit to include MORE rest days! I have found that since my workouts have been quite intense and involve strength work, my body craves more rest. I have been taking about 2-3 rest days per week. This is a big thing for me because in the past I used to never let myself take rest days. Three cheers for being good to the body.

I have been doing some light stretching/yoga on my rest days for about 10 minutes or so, followed by about 5 minutes of meditation (Enya + lights out + laying down = bliss).

Today was a great 3 mile interval run:

• 1/2 mile: 6.2 mph, incline 2%
  • 1/2 mile: 7.2, incline 2%
  • Repeat intervals until 3 miles are done
  • Total time = 27 mins for 3 miles

Something that excites me: I haven’t had to use my knee sleeves while running. I wonder if that is because my leg muscles supporting my knees are stronger due to the strength workouts? I am very happy about this. I hope that I can keep it up when I hit the pavement come spring.

I capped off my run with the Booty Camp Fitness Intermediate workout and a ton of stretching.

I was a hungry, hungry hippo for lunch!

IMG_1440

Green Goddess Pizza with Vegan Parmesan Cheese

Ingredients:

• 1 Ezekiel Tortilla Wrap
  • 2 T tomato paste or pizza sauce
  • 1-2 cups baby spinach
  • Pinch sea salt, to taste
  • 1/2 Avocado, sliced
  • 6 cherry tomato, sliced
  • Leftover sprouts
  • basil and parsley , to taste
  • 2 teaspoons 3 Minute Vegan Parmesan Cheese

Directions: In a food processor process the spinach. Stir in tomato paste and salt. Spread tortilla with spinach mixture. Add sliced avocado, tomato, vegan parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Broil in the oven for about 3 minutes on low- watch carefully! Serve immediately.

IMG_1418 IMG_1420

3 Minute Vegan Parmesan Cheese:

IMG_1423

This was really tasty. The green sauce was a nice change and was a fun way to sneak in some greens.

IMG_1438

These Ezekiel tortillas have really grown on me. I don’t mind them at all anymore and the thickness is kind of fun to chew.

Talk about a thin crust!

IMG_1448

My pizza had a soft belly so I folded it into a sandwich. Mmmmm.

IMG_1454

Little known fact- I used to hate avocado! When Eric and I went to Mexico late in 2007 I got hooked on the resort’s guacamole. There is no better guacamole than fresh from Mexico! Once home, I decided to buy avocados and I was hooked ever since.

With Japanese Sencha green tea and a discount, bruised pear which was worth way more than I paid for it! It was at the peak of juiciness.

IMG_1441 IMG_1461

My snack this afternoon will be an Adore Glo Bar (which are on sale today FYI)

IMG_1468

Updates:

Size Healthy Around The Blog World:

Back to work I go. I have 150 more Glo Bars to make and then a late afternoon business meeting. I need to get everything finished for the Hockey games tonight!! Going to be ‘hum-dingers’ as my dad would say. ;)

Angela_Signature

The essential thing is not knowledge, but character.
Joseph Le Conte

Page 2 of 2«12
Amanda February 26, 2010

This pizza looks fantastic and healthy! I wish I had your 3-minute parm. recipe last night when I made some pesto pasta, can’t wait to try it!

Betherann February 26, 2010

I tried the spinach sauce, and added some balsamic and garlic. So it’s not really green goddess-like . . . more like a brown goddess sauce, but still delicious. :) I posted it here: http://tiny.cc/ESsBF

Kirsten February 25, 2010

I just wanted to say that I think it is awesome that you listened to your body. Being a fellow runner I know that sometimes it is so easy to get swept up into races.

That pizza looks amazing as well!

AGS February 25, 2010

I thought you’d enjoy reading this as it relates to your project for using natural products:

BTW — that green goddess pizza lookes terrific, and I’m going to try to create something like it tonight.

Diana February 25, 2010

I’d love to meet up but I’ll be in FL in April…will miss you by one month! :(

Pizza looks delish and good for you to listen to your body! :)

Jocelyn February 25, 2010

That pizza looks delicious!! I’m obsessed with Avocados : )

Lauren February 25, 2010

Crazy to think that beautiful pizza was just whipped up on a tortilla. It looks like something I could imagine being served in a vegan restaurant!

Kelli February 25, 2010

Although I’ve really expanded my palate over the years (my childhood diet consisted largely of corndogs and pizza), I still can’t get into some good-for-me produce. Things I still want to like: whole potatoes (I’m such a bad Idaho girl), eggplant, avocado, beets, and purple cabbage.

Jessica February 25, 2010

Thanks for the size healthy shout out! =D And not just mine, but for everyone else’s links who participated that you’ve shared with us all the past few days! I’m finding great new bloggers! You’re awesome, thanks again and again for everything you put out here! <3

Alyson @ Nourished Fitness February 25, 2010

What a wonderful pizza recipe, thanks for posting!

Jolene February 24, 2010

That pizza looks AMAZING and your pictures of it are fantastic!! You are quite the photographer girl!!

Nicole February 24, 2010

That pizza looks delicious! I love avocado’s, especially having it on toasted bread :) I made a pizza on an Ezekiel Tortilla Wrap before but I made cashew cheese and put sauteed veggies and chicken on it and then broiled it!

Alison @ finnyfinds February 24, 2010

Hi Angela! Your pizza looks amazing! I wanted to tell you that I used to wear knee sleeves too, but when I lift and stretch consistently, I don’t need to wear them. I assume it’s because our strong muscles are able to take the brunt of the hard workout. I also only workout 4-5 days/week. Lots of rest is critical!

Veronica February 24, 2010

(Enya + lights out + laying down = bliss)

I do that too! Enya and everything! haha

I’m in nursing school (last semester) and I’ve never been so stressed in my life. “Me time” with some soft music, low lights or candles, and deep breathing does WONDERS!!!

Cynthia (It All Changes) February 24, 2010

I love avocados. I eat at least 1/2 of one a day in the summer.

Noelle February 24, 2010

That pizza looks fabulous!! I can’t get enough of avocados! I think you can do so much with them, like making chocolate mousse or guacamole. Very versatile.

Mrs. Money February 24, 2010

I love those wraps! They took a little getting used to though. I just don’t like that they aren’t flexible enough :(

Jil February 24, 2010

Mmmm that pizza looks amazing

Allison February 24, 2010

Hey Angela. Just wondering if you saw this Nightline special last night called, “Is it ok to be fat?” It addresses both the health and image aspects of being fat and thin. http://www.hulu.com/watch/130074/abc-nightline-tue-feb-23-2010

Rosie February 24, 2010

I’m so excited you’ll be here, Angela! I work at the lululemon outlet so let me know when you’re coming by. (:

Jessica @ The Process of Healing February 24, 2010

That pizza sounds fantastic!! I used to hate avocados too.. what was I thinking?!

Alicia A Jones February 24, 2010

So funny your post was about avocados today! I just fixed a fresh avocado a few minutes ago by slicing, squeezing fresh lemon, sea salt and pepper on top. It was OUT OF THIS WORLD YUM! :)

Gina February 24, 2010

I HAVE to get some of those tortillas and try your pizza recipes!

I love avocado too! I mostly use it for guac and adding to salads. I found a recipe for avocado and grapefruit salad that I may try this week!

While you’re at it, you should visit Seattle as well! I need someone to try the veggie and veagan restaurants with…I just can’t talk the boyfriend into it!