What I Ate After A Half Marathon

The new Glo Bakery variety packs are here!! If you have been waiting until the rush passed to place your order, now is the time.

halloweencopy3   What I Ate After A Half Marathon

Get the first official Halloween Chocolate lovers variety pack filled with seductively delicious chocolate Glo bars like Refresh (Chocolate peppy-mint), Chi (Chocolate chia seed), heaven (Carob brownie bomb), and Revive (Chunky peanut butter ‘n chocolate).

Quantities are limited. These variety packs are ready to ship out now.

Click here for more info.

~~~~

What I ate after the half marathon:

My hunger finally started to wake up around 1:30pm yesterday. Up until that point I had no appetite. I started off with a high protein green monster.

IMG 5195 thumb   What I Ate After A Half Marathon

AM Promo225x160   What I Ate After A Half MarathonI amped up the protein in the Green Monster by adding 2 tablespoons of hulled hemp seed and 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Chocolate Meal Infusion powder.

Don’t forget the 2 pound tubs (either chocolate, original, or mango) are 40% off when you use the promo code OSG40% for only a couple more days. Click the image on the left to be taken directly to the promo.

I had the Green Monster with an Amy’s veggie burger, avocado, tomato, hummus, and black pepper.

IMG 5181 thumb   What I Ate After A Half Marathon IMG 5184 thumb   What I Ate After A Half Marathon

And a sweet potato made into delicious fries (love these!).

IMG 1491 thumb   What I Ate After A Half Marathon

Dinner was odd. I craved carbs in a mad way and I HAD to have them!! I told Eric the only thing that would satisfy me was my Healthy Peanut Butter Swirl Coconut Pancakes!

IMG 1420 thumb   What I Ate After A Half Marathon

I had 2 huge pancakes plus a small one. It hit the spot.

IMG 1439 thumb   What I Ate After A Half Marathon

But not for long!

At 9pm, I was suddenly starving and nothing in our cupboards would do. I asked Eric if he was up for a sub because I was craving one big time (man, I sound like a pregnant lady!! haha).

We dashed to Subway to satisfy my craving. I had this HUGE footlong veggie sub from Subway. I’m not sure what happened to it, but it sure tasted good.

IMG 7053 thumb   What I Ate After A Half Marathon

On the sub: Red onions, tomatoes, cukes, green pepper, lettuce, mustard, BBQ sauce, black pepper.

IMG 7054 thumb   What I Ate After A Half Marathon

It was toasted up so nice and crisp and it was just perfect. Mmm. That hit the spot!

Eric now eats veggie subs too. Who is this guy!!???

For dessert I had some organic dark chocolate once again:

IMG 7058 thumb   What I Ate After A Half Marathon

The hunger monster was finally satisfied!

I crashed hard last night around 11pm and got about 9 hours of sleep. Sketchie slept at my feet. He rotates on a monthly cycle between Eric and I. ;) October is my month apparently!

~~~~

Today I am feeling pretty good. My shoulders and calves are really stiff and my left heel and ankle hurts a bit. Other than that, nothing major.

I would absolutely kill for a massage right now. Why can’t money grow on trees?! ;) Anyone out there a massage therapist? hehe.

Thank you again for your lovely words about my race.

Have a glowing evening! :)

Angela Signature thumb41   What I Ate After A Half Marathon

Jess (Fit Chick in the City) October 19, 2009

Thanks for letting us comment! =-) Sounds like a glorious night of sleep. I have to say that the Spooky chocolate lovers pack looks delish, but I’m banned from spending money since being in Napa last week.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 19, 2009

haha sorry I don’t know why the comments weren’t working!

Jil October 19, 2009

mmm I indulged in a veggie sub from Subway the other day. Sooo good. It def hit the spot. I also got a large and boy did it disappear fast.

Susan October 19, 2009

Sometimes, nothing but a stack of pancakes for dinner will do ;) Especially when they look that delicious! That’s too funny about the emergency Subway run. Don’t worry, you’d only seem preggers if you loaded it with pickles :P

Mellissa October 19, 2009

Do you have a massage teaching school in your area, you can get hour long massages for as little as $30 USD sometimes!

Dianne October 19, 2009

I’d love to order, but shipping to the US is a bit much. If retailers in Toronto start carrying them, let us know where–I will be there at Christmas time and I can look for them.

nicole October 19, 2009

After a big race like that it’s important to refuel and you did a great job of doing that. LOL I know a lot of people that just pig out with greasy stuff they would have never touched while training.

You were smart and satisfied!

Runnerbelle October 19, 2009

My best substitute for a massage right now is my foam roller. Its not quite the same but it does help a lot!

Glad you found some food to hit the spot yesterday! I have odd cravings at times after races too.

Dani October 19, 2009

Mmm… Subway really does have fantastic veggie subs, they are my fave! :) Congrats on your half yesterday!! Great time & great job – you should be very proud!

Danielle October 19, 2009

Ha, I was waiting for you to notice that your comments were closed ;)

I’ve got to say, for as ravenous as I’d expect myself to be after a half marathon, you made the best possible choices for your calorie-needs. Seriously, Ang, you never cease to amaze me. And because I don’t think I’ve said this already, congratulations you running rock star!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 19, 2009

I NEED TO GET A FOAM ROLLER ASAP!!! lol
I dont even know how to use one. I should watch it on you tube..

Carms October 19, 2009

thoes haloween treets look delish! It would be amazing if you sold them in smaller quantites for trick or treating!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 19, 2009

I thought about that but since they have peanuts in them I worried about kids with allergies eating them…without their parents knowing.

Mama Pea October 20, 2009

I LOVE that you just went for it and ate the whole footlong. Atta girl!!!

Tay October 20, 2009

LOL I love how you went out and got a footlong sub at 9 pm AFTER dinner :-) That’s my girl!!

jessica October 20, 2009

Hi Angela,
I am confused………. :)
When you order the halloween pack it says minimum order is 10.
so do you end up getting 10xhalloween pack or 2 of each bar for a total of 10 bars? THANKS!!!!!

jessica October 20, 2009

Hi Angela,
I am confused………. :)
When you order the halloween pack it says minimum order is 10.

PS. I finally ordered the green powder… Can’t wait!!

Diana October 20, 2009

That’s some appetite! ;)
Have a great tuesday Angela!

The Voracious Vegan October 20, 2009

Everything looks SO delicious, especially that dark chocolate, which is a necessary daily snack for me! I love that you put the Amy’s burger in pita bread, I’m going to have to try that.

I just opened my own vegan bakery here in Saudi Arabia! I’m having a blast, it is great to see what other bakers are up to around the world.

Shannon October 20, 2009

I love pancakes for dinner. I haven’t done that for a while. Maybe this week…

Looks like a great day of eats! Subway is a favorite of mine :)

rhodeygirl October 20, 2009

Congrats Angela!!!

Madelin @ What is for breakfast? October 20, 2009

Awesome, pancakes for dinner :). Congrats on your half and your amazing time! Well done.

Laura E. October 20, 2009

I ordered some Amazing Meal Powder! Thanks for the coupon code!

Small Town Runner October 20, 2009

When I get a Subway veggie sandwich, I always have them put their Southwest sauce on it. Yum.

LindsayH October 20, 2009

I swear I’m only posting this is case you don’t know – not trying to be vegan police – but Subway’s wheat bread isn’t vegan. I wish it was. Only the Italian/white bread is vegan.

Jocelyn October 20, 2009

Congrats on the 1/2 marathon! Go you for deciding to do it!! When ever I go to Subway I always order the 5 dollar foot long and end out eating the entire thing! haha Even when I put the other half in the fridge. Oh well, I guess that’s ok since I don’t have it too often!

xo
Jocelyn

cindy October 21, 2009

I have been hearing so much about green monster smoothies. I hear they are made w/ almond milk and I am allergic to nuts and soy. Is there an alternative product that can be used?