The Un-Turkey Trot

Hello!

I’m glad you guys are as excited about Project Snow as I am! I think it is going to be great. Essentially what I envision is a place where we can talk about tips and tricks for outdoor exercise in the winter as well as encourage each other to get active outside and find new activities to enjoy. I don’t know about you, but I always feel a bit blah in the winter…I hope that we can beat the winter blahs with this challenge and stay dedicated to our health goals!

To say I was excited to leave for my run this morning is a huge understatement! lol. I dragged myself out of bed at 6:30am- on a Saturday of the long weekend! Not normal I know. ;)

The name of the game today was layering, layering, layering:

IMG 6774 thumb   The Un Turkey Trot

I was decked out in Lululemon: Flow bra, Scoop tank, shape jacket, and groove pants. God, I love Lulu!!! I’ve had the shape jacket for almost 6 years and the pants for 5!!! Still mint condition.

I dug through the closet and found these Dollarstore gloves one of which had a hole in the thumb! haha. You get what you pay for I guess.

@lululemon tweeted me this morning and showed me these awesome running gloves. I must pick up a pair!

It was absolutely beautiful out this morning!!

IMG 6777 thumb   The Un Turkey Trot

I saw some horsies (yes I call them horsies!). :)

IMG 6793 thumb   The Un Turkey Trot

I stopped to take in some beautiful scenery…

IMG 6784 thumb   The Un Turkey Trot

Awwww……

IMG 6789 thumb   The Un Turkey Trot

Tackled murder hill ;)

IMG 6782 thumb   The Un Turkey Trot

And crunched some leaves!

IMG 6792 thumb   The Un Turkey Trot

Basically, I soaked up every moment and just took my run nice and easy today. I felt so strong today which was a great feeling. Running breaks = a good thing!!

The run:

• Distance: 8.04 miles
  • Duration: 1 hour 17 mins
  • Avg pace: 9:34 min/mile
  • Max pace: 8:11 min/mile
  • Max heart rate: 183 bpm
  • Avg heart rate: 155 bpm

Ahhh it was a great run and nice too feel the endorphins back! :)

I’m blogging from the car right now…we just left our big Thanksgiving dinner! I forgot my camera so we had to turn around…ahhhhh hate when that happens!!!

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday! Stay tuned for the un-Turkey recap. ;)

Angela Signature thumb25   The Un Turkey Trot

Jil October 10, 2009

Angela, you’ve seriously inspired me to start running again (and I mean “again” loosely as the last time I consistently ran distance was in 7th grade when I was on the cross country team). I think those endorphins will come in really handy for me during those dark, chilly winter months! Thanks so much for your words of inspiration!

Milca October 10, 2009

What a beautiful place you live in. It must be nice to be away from the city. You have such beautiful views and scenery to run by. Good Job on your run, your so inspiring. I did 3 miles today I hope I can get to 8 soon.
Question- Do you also celebrate Thanksgiving in November? Or is that it for you.. I absolutely love Thanksgiving! My favorite Holiday!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 10, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving . . . but no turkey for you, or me for that matter!

Jolene October 10, 2009

Wow – what a beautiful place to run … that is motivation in itself!

carolinebee October 10, 2009

Luckkyyy that Thanksgiving come early for you :D I can’t get over your gorgeous scenery- your backyard is most people’s dream vacation spot :D I’m so happy to be on the East coast with it’s gorgeous fall!!

Cynthia (It All Changes) October 10, 2009

I love your scenery! And I love clothes that last and last :-) Hope your turkey day was good and turkey less ;-)

Libby October 10, 2009

Wow I’ve been reading your blog for nearly a year now but had no idea you lived in such a beautiful place. No wonder you love running so much :-).

Libby

Meghan@traveleatlove October 10, 2009

You are so bundled! I have found that really I just need to bundle my top half, and that I shed layers after about 5 minutes. I have lost many gloves along the road after not needing them. So I stick with the $ store ones!
Project Snow sounds great. You may want to check out my recent guest post on On a Lobster Placemat, all about how I don’t get sick when marathon training in winter. I get sick every other winter, so it is pretty amazing how exercise outside boosts your immune system!

So October 10, 2009

I bought the Lululemon running gloves last winter and I love them! I have been wearing them for early morning runs last Spring and this Fall.

Pure2Raw - Twins October 10, 2009

So jealous… you have amazing scenery to look at when you run. I do have some nice hills and trees to look at… and a few lakes a local parks. Though not as beautiful as yours!! I think winter is a hard time for most people to exercise – motivating each other will be very helpful!!!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is October 10, 2009

The falls scenery is so gorgeous! I had the opportunity to take some great fall pictures today, too, but my camera broke. I was devastated! Glad I got to see yours. :)

Kelsey October 10, 2009

i love the autumn-ness of the pictures you took. its absolutely beautiful there!!

Tay October 10, 2009

I’m so glad your run went well :-) It’s so wonderful to get back to a great run after time off.

Erin October 10, 2009

So pretty!! I call them horsies too ;)

Good idea on the dollar store gloves because I always lose mine! Better to invest in the right items of clothing and get the other ones for cheap!

Shannon (The Daily Balance) October 10, 2009

gorgeous scenery!!! Is it tricky running with a camera? I’m such a klutz, I’m sure I’d drop mine!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2009

I had it in my pocket of my Shape Jacket and it wasn’t too bad, but I also felt quite weighed down by it (had water in the other pocket!)

Tamara Lea October 10, 2009

Gorgeous! What city are you in?

Rachael (La Dolce Vita) October 10, 2009

I’m so happy you had a great (and gorgeous) run!

I adore Lululemon too – I just spent $400 there two days ago. hee hee!

theskinnyplate October 11, 2009

It’s beautiful outside where you live. I love it when the leaves turn colors. It doesn’t happen where I live.

Nikki T October 11, 2009

Totally recommend the Lulu running gloves! I got the purple ones and I love them!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous October 11, 2009

Did you get warm? Even last winter in Canada when I was running outside I would get fairly warm after a few minutes. I remember running on Boxing day and all throughout New Years Day and there was ice on the roads. It was quite dangerous now that I think about it…. be careful this winter! Safety comes first! :)

Susan October 11, 2009

Oooh, I love those gloves! (the lululemon ones, not the dollarstore ones :P ). Running in the cold is MUCH easier when it’s sunny and gorgeous out. I start chickening out once the clouds and rain arrive. Add that to the cold temperature and I immediately start dreading it! :P

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2009

You dont like my dollarstore gloves??? :( hahaha

Kristen October 11, 2009

I live in Florida so weather that’s super cold to me is probably nothing to you, but I have always had trouble running outdoors in the winter. I’m not quite sure what it is–it’s not that I have trouble warming up, it’s just quite painful to breathe in the cold air so my endurance goes way down =[ Does anyone else have this problem?

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2009

yes and yes. Will be researching it.

Lizzie October 11, 2009

Thanks for the Lululemon endorsement :) I just discovered this company a couple of months ago and was a little wary because their products are a more than I would pay for lounge/work out gear and wasn’t sure if they were really that good in terms of quality. But I did get one of their hoodies at the start of the summer and LOVE it – so warm and cozy (so will probably be even better when it gets colder!!) and got another one yesterday. They just brought out this new running layer top with a hood that looks (and feels) amazing, so that’s my next purchase!

Your run looks beautiful!

MegaNerd October 11, 2009

I’m jealous! It looks so beautiful to run there. Running is such an experience when you have gorgeous scenery. It really changes my mood about running!!

I want to bundle up! I think last year I got to wear a long sleeved shirt for half a run, and it was so awesome!! LOL.

Enjoy it! :D

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2009

LOL!!!! Try running in -20C and get back to me!

leatitia October 11, 2009

It feels like you live right around the corner because it’s that beautiful here too and I have a hill that looks almost identical to yours.

I’m standing on top of our murder hill here:

Great pictures and those lulu gloves are very cute. I can’t look at that website for too long, I get the urge to SHOP.

leatitia October 11, 2009

Same murder hill AND horses, lol.

Are you sure you’re in Ontario? ;-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2009

wow now thats a horse!

Micco October 11, 2009

I wish I lived somewhere as beautiful as you. I think it might even motivate me to jog outside..!

Kate October 11, 2009

Definitely in for Project Snow! I just purchased a North Face convertible jacket, running gloves, DriFit long sleeve shirts, and a headband for my ears. Hope I’ll be all set :)