RUN Or The Crazy Clown Will Get You!!!

Apparently they have clowns at this race…

535__S9A6848

That was actual footage from last year’s race.

I don’t think I have ever seen more motivation to RUN LIKE HELL!!!!!!!!! Dear God clowns scare me!

~~~~

Thank you for all of your kind comments and emails of goodluck wishes!!! They warmed my heart and gave me confidence! :)

~~~~

Don’t forget you can track me as I run the half from 7:30am EST (start time). Go here to the homepage and look for a link about tracking runners. Enter my bib number: 5443.

~~~~

This is me sitting here in my fleece robe (running clothes on underneath!). I can’t get warm!!!

IMG_6476

Eric bought me this robe the first year we started dating, so don’t go making jokes about my frumpy lingerie! hahaha. I love this robe…9 years I’ve had it!

Lululemon pretty much made my life this morning! They Tweeted me a message saying:

@lululemon: “we love your website! :) I read it frequently! And good luck with the bakery too!“

Ummm, no way! So cool. =)

Here are some Lululemon words of wisdom:

IMG_6460

This first thought that came into my mind when I got up at 4:20am was ‘I’M CRAZY’. I am absolutely crazy. Who gets up this early to run 13.1 miles??

Ok, ok, me and 20,000 other people I guess!

I went to bed at 8:30pm and fell asleep at 11:30pm…awesome! lol

Sketchie even looked up at me from the warmth of Eric’s legs and he said, ‘You’ve got to be kidding me.”

He’s not impressed to be up!

IMG_6480

I am mixed with so many emotions right now…excitement, anticipation, awe

Just a year ago, I never thought I was a runner. I did it to ‘burn calories’. I never thought I could actually run in a race. I was terrified at the thought.

Just 6 months ago, after my injury, I never thought I would run again. I was crushed. I remember back in April I ran at a 12-13 minute mile pace for 5 minutes and that was all I could do after the injury. I didn’t think I would ever be able to run fast let alone race and train.

When I trained for my first 10k race back in June, I realized that the human body is capable of amazing things when you treat it with love.

Let’s have some FUN! :)

If you’d like to support my cause with the Canadian Cancer Society please visit my fundraising page!

~~~~~~

I will be tweeting on Eric’s phone leading up to the race this morning (and immediately post-race to let you know how I did!). I will be letting you all know what is going through my head. I heard it is supposed to be crazy today- 15,000-20,000 people in this race!!! Better get on the highway!

PS I hate the weatherman!

Untitlehhhhhhhhhhhhhd

"Being relaxed, at peace with yourself, confident, emotionally neutral, loose, and free-floating – these are the keys to successful performance in almost everything." ~Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Angela_Signature

1 Leah @ Simply Fabulous September 27, 2009

ENJOY IT girl!!! Can’t wait to hear from you! You know i’ll be checking out the website… one of the best things about being 5hrs ahead of you! haha!

2 Michelle Gay September 27, 2009

Have the time of your life. Enjoy the whole things. Remember how far you’ve come.

WOO HOO!

~M

3 Sam September 27, 2009

Good luck Angela – go out there and rock it!

4 Sarah September 27, 2009

I’m a long time lurker but I wanted to de-lurk to wish you good luck! You have definitely put in the miles and you will ROCK this race!

My husband and I did the same race last year and really enjoyed it. The crowds and support are phenomenal and they will give you the boost to make it up Bay street to the finish line!

5 Kasondra September 27, 2009

Enjoy every step of emery mile because every race you run will never be duplicated.
i might be up that early too. i would want to foam roll. (i call it wrestling with me lover, haha).
be ware of that clown, he would make me run very very fast!

6 Hangry Pants September 27, 2009

Good luck today! Enjoy yourself. I am running a half as well today, but it’s raining. :(

7 ~Jessica~ September 27, 2009

*shudders* I hate clowns too…just looking at that picture is pretty traumatising.

I ran a half this morning too (err, just randomly…not a race lol) and it was beautiful weather in the North of England. It’s clouded over now though.

Good luck (not that you need it ~ you’ll be great!)

I also have two questions:
1.) How do you manage to get an image of your playlist on your blog? I’ve been trying to do that for weeks and to no avail.
2.) As you live in areas that actually get cold (as opposed to the lucky ladies in Florida), how do you plan to train in the winter when it’s snowy, icy and the pavements/roads are frozen? It’s a huge problem for me and basically made last winter a living hell in terms of training because I can’t run long distances on a treadmill (something about the impact process cuts off the circulation to my legs…seriously! It’s caused by my scoliosis and makes winter training very tough)

Thanks and you’re going to rock this race!

8 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope September 27, 2009

Angela, good luck girlie!! I can’t wait to read the awesome post when it is finished! Also can’t wait to hear about your next adventure/challenge!;)

9 Susan September 27, 2009

They were talking about the weather for the Toronto Marathon on the Weather Network this morning and I thought of you!! Number one is to HAVE FUN! Soak up the experience of having 20,000 running buddies :) Good luck!

10 VeggieGirl September 27, 2009

Your determination is so invigorating – ROCK OUT THAT RACE, GIRL!!!!!!

11 Peanut Butter Bliss September 27, 2009

your going to kick total marathon butt!! good luck :)

12 maria September 27, 2009

You got this!!! :)

13 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is September 27, 2009

Good luck!!!!! :)

14 MelissaNibbles September 27, 2009

We’re all pulling for you! Good luck!

15 Lia September 27, 2009

Congratulations!! This is so exciting!! I’m rooting for you in Switzerland!

16 Leah @ Simply Fabulous September 27, 2009

You already beat your previous 10k race time!

56:11 – woot woot!

17 Kristin (Kristins Nibbles) September 27, 2009

GOOD LUCK!!!

xo
K

18 Jess (Fit Chick in the City) September 27, 2009

Have a great race! You’re going to kick serious booty!

19 Morgan (lifeafterbagels) September 27, 2009

whoa Lululemon is your fan. Angela you’re a celebrity. You must feel like I did the first time that Caitlin from HTP commented on my blog.

20 Katie September 27, 2009

Im new to the blog world, and came across your blog! I enjoyed it, and wanted to say god luck on the race!

21 Krista September 27, 2009

Good luck Angela!

22 Meg September 27, 2009

Have a blast, Angela!

23 Siobhan September 27, 2009

Good luck today Angela! It sounds like you have just the right amount of nervous energy to run a great race. You have come SO far since your injury so no matter what happens you should be so proud of yourself. Can’t wait for the recap!!

24 gina (fitnessista) September 27, 2009

ROCK IT OUT! good luck today :D

25 Megzz @ Megzz Wins At Life September 27, 2009

ahh just saw your finish time! You did great soo great!! Can’t wait to read your race recap later!! Awesome girl!!

26 Cynthia (It All Changes) September 27, 2009

I hope that you ran fast enough to get away from the clown. :-)

My dogs look at me crazy when I leave at 6 to go to some races. They roll over and go back to sleep. Lazy!

How cool on the tweet. Its great to get a tweet back from a big name like that. I always get excited to get tweets from people who aren’t close personal friends but that I admire :-)

27 Marlene September 27, 2009

Hope you have a great race!! I’m also getting back into racing after taking the whole summer off running. It’s daunting, for sure, but also exciting (almost as exciting as it was the first time I raced!!!)

28 Kristin - runningsongs.wordpress.com September 27, 2009

I hope you had a great race! I can’t wait to read all about it!

29 Nicole September 27, 2009

GOOD LUCK!!! YOU WILL DO GREAT!!

30 Morgan September 27, 2009

If I was ever at a race where there were clowns, I’m pretty sure I would set a world record. Clowns scare the life out of me!
Good luck girly! Can’t wait to hear how it goes!

31 Diane September 27, 2009

Wow, I saw your time on the website! WAY TO GO, GIRL!!! Awesome! I have been in three Indy Mini’s, and it is so very emotional to finish. So much hard work, numerous hours and time put into it. What an accomplishment. I’m so happy for you!

32 Rachel September 27, 2009

Congratulations!!! You’re amazing – I’m so impressed!

33 Bree September 27, 2009

Great Job, Angela. So happy you had a great race!

34 Nikki T September 27, 2009

Just checked the website and found your time!!! WOOOHOOO! Way to go!

35 Pam C September 27, 2009

Knew you could do it! You’ve been preparing since your injury!!!

ps- I’m a huge dork and created and iPhone application for your blog on the front page. Now with one touch I get all the ohshelows I want hehe

36 nicole September 27, 2009

Congratulations!!!! You’re a HALF MARATHONER!!!!!!!!!!!

You rock!!!!!

37 *Andrea* September 27, 2009

CONGRATS!!!! you amaze me by setting goals for yourself and GOING AFTER THEM. i also love the wayne dyer quote! my mom sends me his daily affirmations from his website a lot (she’s seeing him present live in boston soon lol). anyways, great job – keep doing what you do :) be proud!

38 Courtney September 27, 2009

I love reading your blog, but when I checked the website to track you on your run, I have to say it made me feel a teensy bit like a stalker, haha. I think I’ll just stick to the blog and twitter and not your GPS location. :)

congrats on your run! you did fantastic!!

39 Stephanie Shifrin September 27, 2009

Congrats! You’re such an amazing inspiration to so many people! I wish there were more people like yourself in the world. Particularly in Howell Nj! I need a friend like you!

xx
Steph

40 skinny latte September 27, 2009

Congratulations Ange – saw your time on Twitter, you ROCK!!! Isn’t it the most amazing feeling ever?! Enjoy, and well done!! xx

41 Meghan@traveleatlove September 27, 2009

Congrats! You did SO great!

42 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope September 27, 2009

Congrats! Anxiously waiting for the blog update…dododododododo *Jeopardy theme song playing over and over in my head* I’m sure you’re super tired, so i will cut you some slack;)

43 Liz September 27, 2009

Hey I checked the results! You rocked it. Under 2 hours is a great time! And btw, I noticed that Joan Benoit Samuelson was in the race. She was a great runner of the past. She was one of the first elite female racers. That’s kinda cool you ran with a legend!