Will Run For Green Monsters

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on September 26, 2009

IMG_6439

My bib makes me Smile. bahhaha.

IMG_6440

How did they know?! ;)

All my stress melted away last night when I got my race kit!!! Special thanks to the lovely Alex for picking up my race kit for me Friday! :)

Eric and I rocked out to my new playlist! Dancing is the best stress relief!

dddddddddddddd

This list just shows the new songs that we added last night. 1-40 from my previous 10-mile race are still all on there.

My favourite songs on this playlist include:

• She Wolf- Shakira
  • Sexy Bitch- David Guetta
  • River Flows In You- Yiruma (slow, instrumental super inspiring, ‘ZEN’ songs)
  • Shooting Star- David Rush
  • Cry For You- September (FAV FAV FAV song lately!)

You’ll notice that I have a lot of the same songs on there- however they are all different remixes (thanks Eric!). I have a habit of playing the same songs over and over, so having remixes of he same song will be even better for variety.

~~~~~~

Your comments last night made me feel much better. Running is such a mental sport and I know that my mental game needs to improve. I had a weak moment yesterday, but after doing a bit of stress relieving activities, I felt much better.

One of my favourite comments from last night was “The hay is in the barn long before the taper week.” SO true! :)

Here is my Negative –> Positive exercise in action!

IMG_6441

I felt so much better after addressing my concerns on paper! Crossing out the negative thoughts is so therapeutic.  :) Try it, it works.

I think I have decided what I will wear. I am going to wear the white tank I wore to my very first race (10k). It says ohsheglows.com on the back and the amount of money I raised for cancer. For pants I will wear my black crop pants since it will be very chilly out (10C approx) and my white hat (lucky hat!).

img-3388-thumb

Sunday’s schedule looks like this:

4:30AM: WAKE-UP CALL

4:35AM: Do shot of Broccoli Sprout Juice. Make Pot of green tea, drink green monster pre-made from Saturday night (add maca powder). Eat Run Glo Bar. Bring green tea with me to-go in the car.

5AM: Quick shower, get dressed, put on moleskin, pack homemade energy gel etc etc.

5:30AM: Drag Eric out of bed.

5:45AM: Leave for Toronto

6:20AM: ARRIVE, walk to start of race

6:50AM: ARRIVE at race starting line, try to find friends!

7:30AM: RACE BEGINS!

You can follow me live Sunday by visiting the race homepage and finding the link to track runners. My bib number is 5443.

Off to warm up with some green tea. It is freezing out this morning! Brrrr…

Angela_Signature

“Feed The Warrior” ~Lance Armstrong

Niki September 26, 2009 at 8:41 am

So exciting! Your playlist looks like fun. I am loving that you, too, have Calabria on your list. :) I feel like I will be dancing along to my tunes the whole 13.1 miles!

Love your list crossing out the negative thoughts and replacing them with positives. You are going to have a great race tomorrow!

VeggieGirl September 26, 2009 at 8:43 am

YOU’LL DO GREAT!!!! Awesome plan and list.

Stephaniekaye September 26, 2009 at 8:46 am

Good luck Angela! I’m also doing this half! I’m so nervous!

Aiming for a 2h time! But i’m thinking 2:05-2:10 is more realistic! We’ll see!!

Kristine September 26, 2009 at 8:57 am

I am sooo happy for you for doing a negative to positive list!! You will do great in this half!!! Just a little FYI and PLEASE don’t take this the wrong way…if the forecast is rainy for tomorrow, you might NOT want to wear a WHITE tank!! ;) I’ve made that mistake before!

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 26, 2009 at 9:04 am

bahahha I JUST realized that this morning. I won’t be wearing the white if it is rainy that is forsure. Maybe a new tank is in store? *wink wink*

Kristine September 26, 2009 at 9:10 am

HAHA!! Okay, good i’m glad you *understand.* Maybe a new GREEN one would be perfect! :)

Stephaniekaye September 26, 2009 at 8:59 am

I will!

I also did the Acura one and I saw you and your hubby. :)
(Been reading your blog a while…)

Good luck!
This is going to be fun. And tomorrow at about 10am, I think we’ll both be rattling on to our spouses about the next half we want to do!

mmclaughlin September 26, 2009 at 9:00 am

good luck!! You’re going to do great!!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is September 26, 2009 at 9:03 am

Good luck! You will kick butt!

Madeline @ Greens and Jeans September 26, 2009 at 9:12 am

With a plan that solid, you are going to do great! Good luck!

Marina September 26, 2009 at 9:20 am

I hope you have a wonderful pre-race day!
This list is great, with the negative and positive thoughts. I have to start making my own!Thanks for the idea Ang

Cara (Cara Craves...) September 26, 2009 at 9:21 am

Run your little heart out :)
You will do awesome!
Just think of all of us cheering you on!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous September 26, 2009 at 9:26 am

lol loved the comment about the white tank. Yea – you may want to monitor to see if rain is in the forecast. Hopefully not… bc running a half in the rain would suck!

Jenna September 26, 2009 at 9:36 am

I absolutely LOVE your positive response of ‘Like hell I’m not!’ That is some serious booty kickin’ fighting words, you are going to rock this run tomorrow :)

I’m going on a long run this morning, and now I am inspired to quickly put together a new playlist. Got to jump on that. Have a great day!

Paige September 26, 2009 at 9:37 am

Awesome! You wrote it on the bib! Hehe- gotta personalize it!!

I love the negative to positive thoughts exercise. Your plan of action sounds great. I’m so excited to hear how you do/read your re-cap:)

Autumn Tao September 26, 2009 at 9:41 am

You are an amazing young woman and a daily inspiration to me through your blog. All the best to you in the big race, and enjoy it!

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 26, 2009 at 10:05 am

Thanks everyone!

I told Eric I need a new shirt and he was not buying it…lol

Diana September 26, 2009 at 10:07 am

good luck!! I am new to your blog and distance running (I ran my personal longest yesterday of 5 1/2 miles and I want to work towards doing 10k’s and eventually half marathons!) Your blog is so inspirational. In fact, I actually thought of you and your blog yesterday while I so despiratly wanted to take a walking break during my run (for the record- I didn’t!). I can totally relate to your anxeity from last night but I know you can do it! Can’t WAIT to hear how it goes!!

Nikki T September 26, 2009 at 10:24 am

Angela, Good Luck on your 1/2 tomorrow- you will do GREAT!!!

MegaNerd September 26, 2009 at 10:30 am

Good luck tommorow!!

Enough negative thoughts already! You are going to do amazing! I never even ran more than 10 miles before my first half and completed it with no problem.

Adrenaline will kick in, don’t worry!

Keep positive, try your best, and you will not fail!!!

Rosey Rebecca September 26, 2009 at 10:56 am

You’re going to be great! I really admire like your negative/positive thoughts list! It’s a really great idea! I remember when I was in high school, I was really scared that I was going to fail math, so I wrote YOU WILL PASS MATH on a post it and kept it next to my bed. It helped a lot!!

Lizzie September 26, 2009 at 11:18 am

Go (again) Angela!! I PR’d my 5K this morning, even though most of the time I just wanted to stop and take a nap! :) and I know you’re going to do great in the 1/2! Even better if you have friends with you . .. or just make friends with everyone else around you! And you’re right – chilly and rainy is a good forecast :) Looking forward to race report.

Ashley September 26, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Good luck tomorrow! I’m a long time reader, first time commenter. You’ll have a great race!

Martha September 26, 2009 at 12:34 pm

OMG i LOVE shewolf. Through the race, just remember there’s shewolf in your closet and you gotta LET HER OUR! Haha. You’ll do awesome!!

Urban Girl September 26, 2009 at 12:50 pm

Good luck tomorrow, and have a great race!

Simply Life September 26, 2009 at 1:04 pm

CONGRATS! I’m sure you’re going to do great! I love seeing your positive to negative list – I need to remind myself of that during our training runs!

Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries September 26, 2009 at 1:48 pm

I LOVE that Put It On Me is on your playlist! It’s my go-to running song haha Is that weird?

Run Sarah September 26, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Love your negative -> positives! Good luck tomorrow, you will do awesome. Running in cloudy/rainy weather is better than overly hot I think.

Nora September 26, 2009 at 1:50 pm

The adrenaline CHANGES everything! i ran my first half this month, and it was so much easier than I thought it would be! I didn’t even feel tired the whole time, and didn’t use my ipod even though I always trained with it! Good luck :)

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope September 26, 2009 at 1:52 pm

I love how you convert negative self-talk into positive! It is very beneficial and inspirational. I’m going to try it next time I feel the negativity creeping in…

skinnyrunner September 26, 2009 at 1:54 pm

that white tank is cute! i always feel like i run better when i feel better about what im wearing.

Tay September 26, 2009 at 2:31 pm

You will ROCK IT!!! I tried your negative –> positive list the other night (and I even posted it on my blog the other day) and I have to THANK YOU for that advice. I really struggle from negative self thinking, and I’m going to try to do that list thing every night/morning when I can remember. Thanks girl! You are beyond inspirational – run your heart out!

Krista September 26, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Good luck Angela! I know that you are going to do a great job! My than anything, i hope you have FUN!

Lauren September 26, 2009 at 2:48 pm

I am so excited for you! Really, I have tears in my eyes as I follow with you on the experience. I can’t WAIT to hear how amazing it went. I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow! :)

I would wish you luck, but you don’t need it! So I will say, here is to a fantastic race! May your body be rested, your legs soar, and your heart full of passion and love for the wonderful gift of running.

Rock it GIRL!

Bridget September 26, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Angela, you are gonna do AWESOME in the race! Just get into the zone and you will surely fly through :)

Marcia September 26, 2009 at 3:43 pm

GOOD LUCK on the race and THANK YOU for the playlist. I’m going to have to try some of these songs…haven’t heard some of them. I actually ran 6 of my 8 miles today I-pod-less (it’s heavily discouraged in our half marathon), and I did okay.

I’m still taking the Ipod on the actual race anyway…

Courtney September 26, 2009 at 4:06 pm

You are so cute, Ange! Look how prepared you are! I love it! You’ll rock, rock, rock! And I’m so stealing songs from your playlist. GO ERIC!

Kristin (Kristins Nibbles) September 26, 2009 at 4:26 pm

GOOD LUCK! You’re going to rock it!!!

xo
K

Kim September 26, 2009 at 4:29 pm

Hey, Angela, I just recently started reading your blog but I love it! I just ran a half marathon today in Indiana, and wanted to send you some encouragement! Our day was also a little cloudy/cool/rainy, but it made for GREAT running weather (the best kind!). When you get tired, SMILE. Even if you don’t feel like it. It’s hard to hate it when you’re smiling. Revel in how fantastic your body is that it can carry you such distances, that it’s so strong! And enjoy being with all the people and seeing new scenery. The 13.1 will really go pretty fast! Have so much fun! Good luck!

Morgan (lifeafterbagels) September 26, 2009 at 4:56 pm

I am so excited to hear your results Angela. One of my staff members is running the Scotiabank race tomorrow too! I’m sure one day soon y’all will inspire me to sign up for my own race. But for now I am content with baby steps to running.

nicole September 26, 2009 at 5:27 pm

Good luck Angela!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did my 3rd HM today and I just can’t believe it.

It’s the most fun you can have being in pain!

maria September 26, 2009 at 8:07 pm

Best of luck with your race. Just relax now. You’ve already put in the hard work to make it happen!

allijag September 26, 2009 at 10:01 pm

OMG i LOVE fatboy by maximillion – i thought i was the only one ever who had that on my ipod :) one of my all time favorite running songs :)

NA January 14, 2014 at 12:20 am

I LOVE your blog – you’re doing so much good in the world with this – you’re making me feel unafraid to express myself, to be myself and to have self-love and self-confidence – you ROCK girl! :D