Power Spot

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on August 7, 2009

Today on Twitter, I posted this question:

Do you have pictures that remind u of TRUE happiness? This is one of mine (h’moon) Eric and I were joking around =)

And I posted this picture to go along with it:

It was taken in Marseilles on our honeymoon. I remember the exact moment. Eric was joking around with me and he was trying to take silly pictures of me and chasing me. I was at such peace in this very moment. I felt loved, free, excited, and totally myself. Whenever I see this picture it takes me back to this wonderful memory.

I received a response from Sheila from Live Well 360 about my Tweet:

@ohsheglows I recently filmed a video on this very same topic! http://su.pr/4jVpcS SO INSPIRING!!! Watch this video!

I had watched this video before, but it was fun to watch it again. You must watch this video!!! It brings me such peace. Sheila has such a calming, relaxed, and cool vibe about her. The video also made me super envious of her place of residence too! ;) Ahhh the beach…

Amazing, eh? And might I add awesome video editing skills!

She inspired me to do my own video showing you one of my power spots. The video is not as cool as Sheila’s, but you’ll get the picture. ;)

Do you have a power spot where you go to recharge and relax? Where is it?

Happy Friday night everyone- now get to that power spot and stay there until Sunday night!! ;)

Weekends are a great time to recharge and take care of ourselves. Be sure to give back to yourself this weekend with some quiet time and relaxation! You deserve it!

If you don’t currently have a power spot, my challenge to you this weekend is to FIND one. :)

Eric and I are going to our backyard to have dinner tonight…

Angela_Signature

Susan August 7, 2009 at 8:05 pm

My power spot is my at my cottage in Nova Scotia. Going there automatically fills me with a wonderful warm joy. Plus, I sleep better there than anywhere else!

[email protected] RunningAroundNormal August 7, 2009 at 8:25 pm

What a great video! That is a nice spot :) My spot is on Casey Key Beach in Nokomis, FL. I used to go to this beach every year growing up. Then I got married on it :) Actually, any beach, any where, as long as its hot could be my spot hehe. But I love in Central Illinois, so maybe I should find a spot somewhere closer ;)

kelly August 7, 2009 at 8:40 pm

Love, love, love your back yard!!!

Kim August 7, 2009 at 8:51 pm

Hi, Angela. Your backyard looks gorgeous! I just moved, and I don’t have a favorite spot in my new apartment just yet. But I plan on investing in a “prayer chair” – a comfy spot in the apartment that I can go to for daily quiet time, reflection, and prayer away from everything else. I’m looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for reminding us how important that is!

Madelin @ What is for breakfast? August 7, 2009 at 9:03 pm

Your backyard looks amazing! All those trees!

Bridget August 7, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Such a beautiful picture of you Ange! I love your garden too. My power spot would be down at the beach in my neighbourhood. It’s only a 5 minute walk away but it makes me feel so relaxed when I’m there; especially in the evening when I can see the sunset.

Rosey Rebecca August 7, 2009 at 9:12 pm

Love your video! My parents house is right near the river so when I’m staying there, I always go to the park near the water to recharge!

Sarah August 7, 2009 at 9:21 pm

I definitely relax and recharge at home, which is where I am right now and where I hope to be most of the weekend :) I love it when you say “eh?” haha, you are so cute!

[email protected] August 7, 2009 at 9:22 pm

My power spot is Ireland. Any time we go there is my favorite time; the plane ride there is the most amazing anticipation, and the ride back is so sad!

SarahF August 7, 2009 at 10:03 pm

I have a couple of power spots.

One that I try to visit often is the swimming pool. Swimming laps relaxs me and allows my brain to ponder anything that’s bothering me. I’ve had revelations in that pool. I love the quiet and the strength that I realize I have within myself.

My second power spot is my Mom’s house in Kelowna (BC). It backs onto the lake and there’s no one around. To sit on the patio and watch the water is the most relaxing thing and a great release from life since I live a province away and usually only make it there once or twice a year.

Julie August 7, 2009 at 10:30 pm

awww you look gorgeous! I love candid pictures when there’s no posing or anything! It shows people’s true smiles and when they’re truly happy :) they make me smile!

Jessica August 7, 2009 at 11:30 pm

i have no spot like that right now unfortunately :( i need my own yard …then maybe i will :)
-muffy

Sheila | Live Well 360° August 8, 2009 at 2:00 am

Awww. Thank you Angela! You just totally made my day. I’m so glad I could help to inspire you!! Love your power spot as well. And PS… you can come visit me at the beach any time!

Sheila

Samantha August 8, 2009 at 2:18 am

I tried to post before and maybe I’m not supposed to? I love those spots, beautiful! In MI my power spot always involved the woods. :) Now its a peak that allows you to see both sides of the island/ocean from one spot. I walk/run the path to get there, then do yoga and get lost in another world for a bit.

Aaron @ CrossBorderCravings August 8, 2009 at 8:18 am

Lying out in the sun in the backyard, closing my eyes, and just letting my mind run free is my “power spot”. Not really a place, but its a state of mind I guess! :P

Kristen August 8, 2009 at 9:12 am

One of my favorite wedding gifts (married 3 weeks ago!) was a hammock hand made from Brazil from a friend who lives there. I can’t wait to set it up and make it a power spot!!

Pam (Highway to Health) August 8, 2009 at 9:28 am

My parents backyard.. I don’t have one right now so I feel deprived but I’m working on getting one!

leslie August 8, 2009 at 10:49 am

i love the concept of a power spot. i’m currently in mine on a beach vacation in maine. perfectly at peace up here. :)