Wow did yesterday ever fly by. I spent about 8 hours cleaning and prepping for the party today! It felt so good to get everything done ahead of time though. Now today all I have to do is throw the stuff into the oven/crockpot and I’m basically laughing! :)
We had crazy rain storms yesterday…
Now onto Eric’s big shop…
- Rolled Oats
- Colgate toothpaste
- Green Works Natural Cleaner (First time using it I hope it’s good!)
- Febreeze (Vanilla)
- Reduced Sugar Strawberry Jam
- SOYA Cheddar Cheese
- Watermelon (first one of the summer can you believe it!)
- Orange pepper
- Cayenne spice
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Organic vegetable broth
- Banana flavouring
- Sweet onion
- Red pepper
- Coke (he snuck that one in! lol)
- Italian Bread
- Milk (not shown)
- Almond Breeze (not shown)
- Fresh herbs: Thyme, Parsley, and Rosemary.
My favourite health supplement: Algae!
- Italian bread for the garlic tomato bread
First up was the Watermelon Rosemary Granita!
Of course I modified the recipe :)
- 1/2 Watermelon (Basically filled the blender)
- 3 T Agave
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest (optional)
- Fresh Rosemary (1 sprig finely chopped)
- 7-8 cubes of ice (only just prior to serving)
Oh yes. I have big plans for this concoction!
Kristi, Kerrie, and I have our names written all over this drink! Prior to drinking it, I am going to crush the ice in it and mix in some vodka. It should be awesome!
I also made a slew of other things yesterday (including a S’moore Glo Bar!!!) that I will be unveiling this weekend.
Well, I am off to hopefully squeeze in a workout and finish cleaning before everyone arrives around 1pm. I have a couple posts going up later today (1 in the afternoon and 1 in the PM) that I scheduled ahead of time. So even though you will ‘see’ me posting, I won’t really be on the computer! Sneaky eh!? ;)
My sisters and I will be TWEETING today and tonight, so be sure to check us out on Twitter!