Look what I got in the mail last week! :D
My very first Green Monster tee! :) A great workout tee, me thinks…
It also has ‘green monster movement’ on the back in small letters:
I celebrated by having a green monster and doing a quick core workout. Today I did 3 sets of reverse planks since I have been focusing so much on side planks lately. I thought I would change it up!
You can make it more challenging by doing this:
I also did some forward planks with leg raises (2 sets)
Eric celebrated by doing……YOGA!?!!?
Bonus points if anyone can name this pose!
It’s time again for another HEALTH NEWS ROUND-UP on OSG!
Here are the top health stories hand-picked for you by me!
1) A high carbohydrate diet is effective for losing weight- even more so than a high protein diet! Beat that Atkins!
2) Want to trim you middle? Don’t use momentum when doing abdominal moves. Slow and controlled wins the race.
4) Oh $hit! Swearing reduces pain?! Finally, we have proof!
5) Summertime often brings more alcohol and parties…and unfortunately hangovers! How to beat them here.
6) What matters most for a happy marriage? It ain’t love!
7) 7 fitness tips from Olympian Dara Torres. Guess what? She advocates rest days too!
What health news story did you find most interesting?
I really loved the high carb story (#1)- finally proof that healthy carbs are not bad! I love how Leslie Beck also talked about the importance of low GI and complex carbs.
Please note that my emails have changed!
To contact me on Oh She Glows email: firstname.lastname@example.org