Tame Those Tresses!

What did I do to tame these wild and unruly tresses??

img 4186 thumb6   Tame Those Tresses!

And get rid of the dry ends? BLECH!

img 4187 thumb   Tame Those Tresses!

Ta-da!

img 4191 thumb   Tame Those Tresses!

Whatdya think??

Click below to see more pictures!!!

Did I fool ya?? ;) hahaha what a BAD photoshop job that was!!!

No, I didn’t chop off my hair (not yet anyways!).

Here is the ‘after’ picture:

img 9345 thumb   Tame Those Tresses!

I got 2-3 inches off and I also got low-lites. My hair had become that dreaded ‘one colour’ look from too much highlighting, so she added in some low-lites today to break it up. I think it looks so much healthier!

img 9344 thumb   Tame Those Tresses!

It is amazing what a few small changes can make!! :D I am really happy with it and have a little kick to my step! I don’t know why I always put off getting my hair done. I wait for months until I can’t stand it any longer! lol. I will have to remember these pictures and try to get it done more frequently. It makes me feel so great!

Before and after comparisons:

img 4186 thumb7   Tame Those Tresses!img 4191 thumb1   Tame Those Tresses!

img 4187 thumb1   Tame Those Tresses! img 9344 thumb1   Tame Those Tresses!

And that concludes tonight’s post! hahaha. Pretty pointless, I KNOW. But I just need a break tonight. Not every post can be a hot topic, ya know?! :p

Well,  I guess there is a broader take-home message that may pertain to our own lives:

Take care of yourself- if you don’t no one will! Get that hair cut, make time for exercise, and do something YOU enjoy each day. Life is too short!!

~~~~~~~~~

Tonight’s question:

Do you change your hair for the summer? Do you style it differently or get it cut or coloured?

I always prefer to dry my hair with a round brush, but I must admit, in the summer when it is hot out, I just don’t have the patience to blow dry my hair and sweat to death! My hair is worn in a ponytail much more often in the summer. I also flat iron it once a week (like shown above) because it is quick and pulls my look together.

Peace out homies! It’s back to work for this chicky!

I’ve had a snag with my US shipping that I need to sort out. I also just got my GST number so now I have a huge amount of backlogging to do since my GST number was back dated to April.

My Brother in law and sis in law are giving us TWO tables and chairs tonight for FREE! I’m so excited, Eric is bringing them home now. We are actually going to have a dining room table now! whohoo!

angela signature thumb19   Tame Those Tresses!

I’ll be announcing the winner of the Neal Brother’s contest tomorrow AM- have no fear!

Courtney July 9, 2009

Wow, this is sooooo pretty! ANGELA, hahaha, is that the second photoshop scare? I like the long and lush, ohh myyy, like a celebrity!

I am trying to grow my hair out, to no success. I’ve been trying to grow it for YEARS it seems. :( Just keepin’ on with the vitamins and green monsters!

Ohhh, and you want to stick the cherry on the sharp tip, actually, like this! http://www.flickr.com/photos/chiffonade/3682082659/

:D -Courtney

Becky July 9, 2009

Love the new haircut! It definitely looks healthier and the color looks more natural. For summer I cut a few inches off as well…I have thin hair so if it gets too long it looks gangly! I like the get natural sun highlights too :)

VeggieGirl July 9, 2009

LOVE IT!

Jenny Marie July 9, 2009

very pretty, hair looks great!! my hair is short and i am trying to grow it out.

Alex July 9, 2009

Sneaky, Angela! You almost had me. I have never, ever dyed my hair or high/low lighted it, but seeing yours makes me want to try! It looks great!

Miss HoneyDew July 9, 2009

Looks great! So shiny and healthy!

Bree July 9, 2009

can’t fool us TWICE lol :-)

MarathonVal July 9, 2009

MarathonVal July 9, 2009

I love the new cut! I am thinking about going WAY shorter pretty soon here – I’ve got some pretty awful split ends myself – but I’m scurred and I don’t know just how short to go…. I wish I had a hairdresser friend to point me in the right direction!!

Hallie July 9, 2009

NICE cut! I always schedule my next hair appointment when I go in. I used to have long hair (like yours) and it was driving me nuts so I semi-randomly decided to chop it last November. I love switching up hairstyles every once in awhile, keeps things fun! And it always grows back right??

brittany meenach July 9, 2009

beautiful, before and after, coloring is fantastic.

Jen July 9, 2009

Even if you did cut your hair short its BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes its amazing how much healthier your hair is! speaking of which… I SO need to get mine tended too!

Whitney July 9, 2009

So pretty Ange! I love long locks, but mine is SO THICK. It always looks flat and weighted down. Yours just looks gorgeous!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) July 9, 2009

gorgeous!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope July 9, 2009

Your hair looks beautiful! I love how the lowlights really seem to make it look healthier.

I actually dye mine about twice a year, but I’m a brunette girl. I vary the shades of brown, red, and black, just depending on my moods. Usually, I’ll do it right at the END of summer since the sun seems to really lighten my hair. A dye at the beginning of the summer would definitely fade a lot by August.

xxoo
Heather

Jess July 9, 2009

Your hair is gorgeous :) YOU are gorgeous!

I have never dyed mine, but am probably getting highlights soon. I have curly hair so I understand hair issues ;)
<3 jess

TorontoGirloutWest July 9, 2009

It looks so much healthier – good call!!!!! :)

Jess July 9, 2009

The hair looks great – I wish I could go blonde again!

I usually cut mine for the winter and grow it out for the summers so I can pull it back in a ponytail when I exercise!

Brandi C July 9, 2009

Love It!

*Andrea* July 9, 2009

love the new cut!!! you are soooooooo gorgeous. your arms are lookin super toned too :)

Jessica July 9, 2009

Okay A-you scared me! I was going to say the new cut is cute, but I liked it better long, so I am so glad you fooled me :D You look gorg as always! The lowlights are fantastic.

As far as my hair goes, I love to change it up whenever I get the chance. I love when it is dark, but for summer I put highlights in it again. It fades fast, but I redoing it for fall when I get more money. I’m trying to grow it out, too. My plans are to redarken (lowlight with a 3) and chunky highlight the rest.

Have fun the rest of your night? Oh and by the way … US shipping? Are you going to start?!!??!!?!? You’re getting me all excited…

-muffy

Mellissa July 9, 2009

Just wanted to say I love your new hair cut and color, it looks great.

Summer Changes- I have actually never colored my hair! And I try to change it every few months.

Lizzie July 9, 2009

I ALWAYS keep putting mine off and I feel heaps better after it’s done – it is a little pricey, but I try to look at it as an investment and my hairdresser does such an good job I usually only need to get it done 2-3 times a year.

Yours looks great!!

April July 9, 2009

The locks look much healthier and happier!

I don’t do a thing to my hair. Seriously it’s in a ponytail all summer :)

Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now July 9, 2009

Your hair looks amazing! I’m so GLAD you didn’t cut it short. I think you would have loved it at first and then regretted ever chopping it all off. You look so gorgeous with longer hair like you have now.

Pam Striker July 9, 2009
joe July 9, 2009

Does waxing count? Thats about all i did :)

zestycook July 9, 2009

Great Hair cut Angela!

Meghan@traveleatlove July 9, 2009

I get more blonde highlights in summer, and I actually let it grow! I love ponytails and chignons this time of year. Your hair is beautiful by the way!

Jenn July 9, 2009

It looks amazing Angela and SO healthy. I love the low lights, it makes your hair look much richer and thicker!

Danielle C. July 9, 2009

Mucho better! It’s amazing what a little color and a good cut can do for your hair, I love it. I usually get a more summery color in the summer, and go richer for the winter. I wish I could afford to color more than 3x a year but it’s expensive!

Kelsey July 9, 2009

this is so ironic that you posted about haircuts because im going to get my hair cut tomorrow! i always grow my hair all year without getting it cut [i know! how bad is that!] and then in the summer i find getting a drastic cut is so refreshing. i plan on getting a short assymetrical bob-like cut, which will feel so nice!!

Andrea@WellnessNotes July 9, 2009

Your haircut looks great! You have such beautiful hair…

I desperately need to get a haircut, but I’m putting it off for some reason…

Shannon (The Daily Balance) July 9, 2009

Your hair looks beautiful! Matches your face ;)

april July 9, 2009

Love the haircut! I’m getting one next Tuesday and am a little nervous but I want an easier ‘do for summer!

EatingRD July 9, 2009

Love the new do! I actually got my hair cut/colored today too! My step mom is a stylist, but I have to drive 1.5 hours to get to her, but it’s worth it. It’s amazing how nice you feel after a great haircut. I feel lighter already :) Enjoy your new table, yay!

Kathy July 9, 2009

Angela, you look gorgeous!!! I love your haircut :)

Mandy A July 9, 2009

you look beautiful, Angela – as always! :)

I cut my hair last summer… and got quite a bit shorter within the past year. It’s been WAY easier… I have naturally curly hair, too… so it’s much less to worry about in the summer!

Pam C July 9, 2009

Is that a lulu top it’s so cute! Do you know the name of the style?

Rebeca July 9, 2009

Cute… there’s nothing like a fresh trim to brighten your day right?

Page 1 of 212»