SGBC: Topic 2, Week 1: Make-Up- Can We Live Without It?

The other day I was thinking about a show I saw on TV years back. The show was challenging women to go a week without make-up.

The show was absolutely ground-breaking.

It documented what these women went through each day as they went about their lives- make-up free. One lady even went to bed with her make-up on and admitted that her husband had never seen her without make-up!

Personally, I have always used my make-up as a security blanket. I generally don’t go without it unless I am simply around the house or running to the grocery store. But even still, I tend to always put on my lip gloss when going out.

Some days I resent putting on make-up…I mean, it just adds another 10-15 minutes to my getting ready routine! It really can be a pain in the butt.

And expensive. Sephora, anyone?!

So as I started to think about this more and more, I realized that I have never gotten over my insecurity when I am make-up free. Sometimes I feel ugly, blotchy, or afraid to hold my head up high without make-up on my face.

This is really sad for me to think about.

I have always been self-conscious about the red undertones in my skin (much of my family has these rosy red undertones!) and I have always tried to cover it up and create a more even skin tone with foundation. I also have always been self-conscious about my beauty mark on my cheek. Many times growing up many people told me I had ‘a little something’ on my face and tried to rub it off, thinking it was dirt.

And you know what?

I’m sick of feeling this way.

I am sick of relying on make-up to make me feel beautiful! Now don’t get me wrong, I think make-up can be a wonderful tool to give us some kick to our step just like clothing can do, but I think we also need to ask ourselves if we RELY on make-up to make us feel whole.

I know I sure do.

And I think that needs to change.

So today I decided to come clean to myself and the world. I took this picture with Eric’s HIGH RES camera, so there is no hiding. ;)

ME: Make-up FREE!

IMG_8822

I admit, I was nervous taking this picture. But I am even more nervous about the thought of challenging myself to go make-up free. I am honestly not sure if I can do it. A few years ago, I challenged myself to go 1 week without lip gloss (I am addicted). It was incredibly hard (Eric LOVED it- he hates that ‘stuff’!). It was so so hard for me.

Today’s SGBC Reflection Challenge is to think about this post and ask yourself whether you rely too much on make-up to feel ‘whole’.

ABC News wrote some tips for going make-up free:

• Concentrate on your skin care. The best way to go without makeup is if you’ve been taking great care of your skin, so you can show it off. If you’re feeling confident about your skin you’re going to feel good about going without makeup as well. (Time to keep up with the green monsters!!!!)
  • Get a great cleanser, a very gentle exfoliant and a moisturizer with SPF. Most of the anti-aging creams out there are too rich for a woman under the age 35. If you still feel like you need anti-aging products, incorporate it; but, just like with makeup, less is more.
  • Keep your hair and nails looking good so you don’t look unkempt, even though you’re not wearing makeup. Consider getting a manicure or get a blowout that you can wear for most of the week. (While I can see their point with this tip, I think it contradicts their message! You shouldn’t feel that you have to ‘improve’ other areas of your appearance to justify feeling good sans make-up!)
  • Have your lip balm handy. If your lips look healthy and moisturized, you won’t look scraggly. (Well, gee thanks!)
  • If you must have something on your face, try a tinted moisturizer with SPF. Clinique and Benefit make great ones. They offer moisture, a small amount of coverage and sunscreen — makeup or no makeup, you should wear sunscreen everyday.

Let’s think about some benefits of going make-up free:

• You will save money
  • Extra time in your day to do what YOU want to do! Spend that extra 10-30 minutes relaxing, reading, or watching some TV!
  • It will challenge you to find out how secure you can truly become in your own skin
  • You will start to appreciate your natural beauty

We need to really embrace our whole selves- even if that means learning to love our skin make-up free….blotchy…freckled…broken out…wrinkly…and ALL!

I don’t know about you, but I feel STRONGER and more confident just writing these words.

~~~~~~

Today’s questions:

Do you ever go make-up free?

Do you rely on make-up too much?

Do you think you could go 1 week make-up free? Why or why not?

Angela_Signature

1 Lisa M July 3, 2009

Great idea.
I do, however, think it might be harder for those that work outside the home.
Would you consider doing it if you were still at your old job?
I don’t know if I could and it makes me feel…WEAK:)

2 Melanie Z July 3, 2009

I agree with previous poster. Honestly, I hardly ever wear makeup. Maybe once a month, if I’m lucky enough to get a date night that month. LOL! But I understand how for those who work out of the home, this could be difficult. I LOVE wearing makeup when I actually get the chance, though I do wish I had some more experience in applying it. Most days I’m glad my skin gets to “breathe”, and I’m glad that my inner self is confident enough to go out in public makeup free (despite the sporadic pesky adult acne I still seem to suffer from), but I do enjoy playing “dress up” on those odd days.

3 Cinemarie July 3, 2009

It’s kind of odd to me to read this – I never wear make up myself – not at work, no at an event, not… I don’t even know when women do wear make up!! I do not own make up either… At this point in my life, I would feel uncomfortable if I did wear make-up because 1- I have no idea how to apply it lol and 2- I am too shy to show myself wearing make up in front of people who have never seen me do so!!! :)
I guess my point is – maybe the idea is we should be embracing the way we look without worrying about what people think or how people perceive it? Just be ourselves!!! I say congrats to you for going make up free, you look beautiful with it and you look fabulous without it!! You are right – Let’s be comfortable in our own skins!! :)

4 Crystal July 3, 2009

I think it is a great idea! I have never really worn much make-up – mascara if I feel like I look like I am still asleep (although I live in Colorado so it is prob. more uncommon to see women wearing a lot of make-up). Just like people, perfection is impossible. Just like the message here on Oh She Glows (skin IS part of our bodies) – women need to embrace themselves not hide behind a coat of flesh colored goop!

5 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 3, 2009

I agree it is MUCH harder going make-up free in the workplace. I did it a couple times at my old job and I felt so off the whole day. To me that is a sign that I rely on it too much. I just wish I had had the guts to stick with it for longer! I think baby steps are a good goal…maybe focus on reducing the make up you use each day. I am going to try it myself.

6 TanyaS July 3, 2009

I have thought about ditching make up, at least eye makeup. I don’t know if I could ever leave the house without foundation.

I did have a bit of an eye-opener a few weeks ago, as my 9 year old daughter watched me “putting my face on” and asked “Why do you need all that stuff anyway?”

It was then I realized how beautiful I always though her face was au naturel.

7 CJ July 3, 2009

My apartment has been SO hot in the mornings these past few days that I actually haven’t put on my make-up in the morning but have carted my make-up bag to work figuring I’d put it on when I got to the office instead.

To be honest, other than one client trip out to a lecture (with an immaculate client who I dressed up specially to meet!) I haven’t bothered to apply it at all during the day and have felt so much better for it.

I’ve actually felt more self-conscious about my hair acting-out in the heat so clearly I’m not cured of the appearance obsesssion!

-CJ

8 Kim July 3, 2009

I do go make-up free a lot now. I work from home (watching a couple of young kids & my own, too. I don’t have time for make-up after going to the gym, rushing home to shower & then getting the kids up & going.

If I am going “out”, I will use make-up.

I could totally go a week without it. As a matter of fact, I may just do that!!

9 Jodi July 3, 2009

How cute are you?! I gotta say, I think your skin looks more fresh and healthy without makeup! ;) I too rarely wear makeup And I work in an office environment. I hate the feeling of makeup on my skin (I’ve tried all kinds including the “all natural” claims, mineral powders, etc) and would rather not put those chemicals on my skin. If your body can absorb nicotine via a patch, it can then absorb all the other crappy chemicals in makeup. Great post! I hope others will become more confident in their own skin :)

10 Amy July 3, 2009

To me, make up just helps me feel my best.

I feel polished and pretty when I wear it, and that helps me exude confidence.

I meet daily with high level executives. I need to be looking and feeling my best.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with wearing make up daily.

Especially since I’m not afraid to sweat it out.

My husband was telling my last night that he has the best of both worlds… a girly girl by day, and a sexy athlete at night. I had never thoguht of it thay way! :)

11 kayla July 3, 2009

When I go to the store or anywhere else w/o make-up I have a hard time looking ppl in the eye. This might sound bad but I just look away or down to avoid ppl seeing me sans make-up. I like wearing makeup bc I too have red blotches and it makes me feel more confident. When I don’t wear eye makeup (eyeliner/mascara) ppl ask me if im sick!! haha I guess I look totally differen’t without!

12 sarah July 3, 2009

i have been trying to wear less & less make-up. i love my skincare and feel like it has really improved the texture & color of my skin, so i’m wearing foundation only on my cheeks/nose (i’m very rosy too!). my whole make-up routine takes about 5 minutes and the less make-up i wear, the more i have days (especially on days i’m not working at the office!) that i don’t wear any make-up. thanks for this post… a great challenge. :)

13 Bec July 3, 2009

I am pretty minimalistic when I do wear make-up and I do go without it a lot of the time esp when I work in the morning! My mom however never wears make-up ever, not even going out and she always looks great!

14 Kris July 3, 2009

When I do go without make-up, I definately feel a lot less attractive. I would NEVER go to an important function, dinner or night out sans make-up. I think that if you can look your best, why not?

On the other hand, there are times that I don’t have time to put on make-up. I often run to the store of hit the gym without it.

If we can find the balance between wearing it for special days/nights out and not feeling like hiding under a rock when we don’t, then I think we have found a happy comprimise! :)

15 Kristine July 3, 2009

Great post!! I hardly ever wear make up. I wish I did! My skin used to be flawless and now I tend to break out often and could use some cover up. I just sadly look at make up as “just an extra step in the morning” but wish I wore it more! I need to learn HOW to wear and and what kind of make up is best for my skin. But yes, I often go make up free. I was brought up constantly being told I was “naturally pretty and didn’t need it” so maybe that is why. :)

16 Jennifer @ His N' Her Health July 3, 2009

I go make up free rather often. I could really care less about it at work or school. Sometimes I will put a little foundation on and thats it, because like you I am very pink!When I go out I always wear make up though and I go all out on it! I actually enjoy it because it isn’t something I normally do.

17 cathy July 3, 2009

Wow a lot of non-makeup wearers posting here… I for one wear makeup all the time too. My skin is really uneven and I have blemishes so foundation is a must! I think I could do it for a week if I didnt have to go to work…

18 Kayzilla July 3, 2009

I’m usually without makeup, unless I’m going out and about. And then I just throw eyeliner and mascara on. And by throwing eyeliner on, I really half ass it and just put it part way on the lower part of my eye and then put mascara and a viola~. It doesn’t even take me longer then 2 minutes to do, and I put it on to bring more focus to my awesome eyes.

But I can’t imagine putting on more makeup then that. On a special occasion, I might consider a dab of lipstick to bring more color to my lips, and maaayyybe some eyeshadow if it’s a super fancy occasion, but I don’t need it. I’m youthful, vibrant, and don’t need the makeup. I just do it to enhance what I got because it’s.. well.. fun. For years my mom wouldn’t let me touch makeup because I was so messy with it as a kid, so now that I’m finally “of age” to put some on, I enjoy the freedom. XD;

But I do think too many ladies these days cake on the makeup too much. My best friend doesn’t want to go outside without caking on her super dark eyeliner and eyeshadow. I told her she looked beautiful without it and she disagreed and would not accept a word that came out of my mouth. I think this challenge would be so good for her.

PS you’re purdy<3 Just saying.

19 Katy July 3, 2009

Hi Angela!

I am so happy you wrote about this- coincidentally I was having some serious thought about this exact topic last night.

I do think that it would be best, at least for me, to go completely without makeup all the time for many reasons… the main one being that it is TOTALLY UNFAIR that women have to spend a lot of time and money on makeup and men do NOTHING. Harhar- I know I have a bitter tone in my voice, but it’s hard not to when I sacrifice 1 hour every day to excersize, more time to plan and pack meals, and on top of that I have to wake up 30 minutes earlier than my boyfriend so I can blow dry my hair and put on makeup. And he pretty much does NOTHING to improve his health/fitness/aesthetics and he looks great.

I think it would be awesome if all women in the world could band together and decide to give up makeup. Imagine the positive impact that would have on the enviornment as well!

Beause, yeah, the main reason I wear makeup daily is due to the fact that we have raised the beauty standard so high with makeup, hair extensions, fake nails, etc, that it seems like my little bit of eyeliner and concealer IS minimalistic. Sigh

Hopefully with time I will get braver and only wear makeup to special occasions.

20 Maureen July 3, 2009

I also rarely wear make up a little mascara to look awake and some face cream and off I go. Lately however I have been wearing concealer as I have a case of rosecea that is really bothering me. If anyone knows a natural way to treat this I would appreciate the information.

21 Sam July 3, 2009

This wouldn’t be much of a challenge for me personally as I hardly wear make up during the week. I don’t wear it to work or during my regular daily routines. The only time I really do myself up is if I’m going out (whether it be to dinner, a movie, the bar, etc.). So I probably average 2-3 days where I wear make up during the week, and even that isn’t all day.

I think growing up playing sports and being more of a “tom boy” attributes to this. While I love wearing make up and love the way it makes me look and feel, I don’t rely on it. I’m proud to say this is one thing that I don’t need to feel good about myself.

22 Lori July 3, 2009

So interesting to see so many people say they rarely wear it. I thought it would the opposite!

I hardly wear it and if I do it is mascara and maybe a bit of eye shadow, but I have no problems going out with none at all. One thing I won’t wear is foundation. It makes my face feel awful. I went through a makeup phase in 8th grade and those around me really got through to me when they said you can be beautiful without it and I gradually gave it up over the years.

There is nothing wrong with wearing it to me, well, unless you won’t be caught without it on. Then I feel it is an unhealthy addiction like any other. Personally, I’m so glad I don’t rely on it. Perhaps I could look better, but I’m happy the way I am and I save a ton of money. You look beautiful without it, by the way! :)

23 andrea. July 3, 2009

That’s funny that you should post this, because I’ve been having the exact opposite feelings lately! :) I NEVER wear make up, not even to work — I’ll wear it maybe once a month if I’m going ‘out’, but that’s it. And lately I’ve been really beating myself up about it, like why don’t I put more effort into my appearance, I must be the laziest person on earth if I can’t even take 10 minutes in the morning to do what every other woman manages to do, etc. So it’s interesting to hear this from the other perspective. :)

By the way, your picture is lovely and I don’t think you should worry. She definitely glows. :)

24 Allie July 3, 2009

I love makeup and own tons of it but I don’t wear makeup on a day to day basis. Even when I was working in an office I rarely put on makeup.

I love eyeshadow, blush, mascara and eyeliner… I don’t usually get into foundations, concealers and all of that jazz. I’m already bronze so a bronzer is out of the question.

I think you have to do what is comfortable to you. I personally think putting on a full face everyday is a little excessive but if you need a few touch ups to hide imperfections then go ahead.

25 Lori July 3, 2009

I almost never wear makeup anymore. I used to wear quite a bit (and sold Mary Kay!) years ago. The more weight I lost, the more comfortable I felt in my own skin and realized the makeup didn’t necessarily make me look better, just different.

The only thing I do wear is mascara when I go out, just because my lashes are very light colored.

I actually think women look fresher, younger and more alive without a lot of makeup on.

26 Katharina July 3, 2009

I go make-up free sometimes but I do like my mascara and blush! I think if I ate enough beets and squashed enough berries I could go a week without make-up lol. Just kidding ;)

Time to bust out that tub of coconut oil to work on that healthy glow!

27 Aaron @ CrossBorderCravings July 3, 2009

I used to rely on make-up all the time! I would never be caught leaving the house without mascara because my eyelashes are so light that without it I look like a cancer patient! If I ever go to the workplace without make-up people comment that I look “tired”. It used to bother me, but at this point I am totally comfortable not wearing make-up.

Given the choice I do prefer to wear make-up both because I love playing around with it and it makes me feel my best. However, I can easily skip it if need be. I think you have to do whatever you are comfortable with. If you enjoy make-up then I don’t see any harm in using it daily, but of course in moderation! My make-up routine includes mascara and eyeliner, blush and lip gloss – nothing excessive!

28 Sam July 3, 2009

Sorry about the double post, but I forgot to say you look beautiful with or without make up!

29 Katherine Feeney July 3, 2009

For about 1 month I went make-up free at work. I work in an office setting and EVERY single woman wears make-up. Men do NOT wear any make-up. Their skin is not even, they have freckles, wrinkles, imperfect eyebrows etc. I have to admit there are times when I felt self-conscious because there are some women in the office who think every girl MUST wear make-up and look gorgeous. Anyways I decided I didn’t care…I wanted my skin to have a chance to breathe and clear up. I now wear mascara and eye shadow when I want to…mostly because I LOVE my eyes and the make-up accentuates them. But I say NO to foundation and blush…even though I am currently sporting sunglass tan lines! Yes I went to the beach AND wore my sunglasses…so what? My boss actually pointed it out and was rude about it…but I let it go…sucks that she has to spend SO much time on her make-up in the morning…I feel good with that extra 10 mins of sleep! :-)

30 Mandy A July 3, 2009

For me, make up is FUN.. I LOVE playing with different eye shadow colors, blushes, lip glosses… so I never go without it… i feel like i DO need at least some foundation and mascara at the least… but I play with different looks everyday because it’s like a hobby for me!

MAC has made TONS of money off of this girl :)

31 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 3, 2009

Thanks for sharing everyone!! I love everyone’s different viewpoints.

Personally, I love playing with make up and I love how special it makes me feel. What I want to work on is not feeling self-conscious when I’m NOT wearing it!

32 Katharina July 3, 2009

Oh.. and I know that make-up makes me look older, so I’ll wear mascara and blush. I usually get the “you look younger” and I’m 21 – so I’m not really going for that at this point in my life lol.

33 Krista July 3, 2009

I go make up (and hair product) free for sure one day over the weekend if not both. I really feel like my face and hair need a “break” from all the crap I put on to go to work through the week. And I don’t even wear a lot of make up. I’ve no patience for it! I find that my weekends are generally low key so a trip to the store/mall or Costco doesn’t bother me. If we are going somewhere fancier, I’ll put some on. One thing I always use is chap stick. My lips get too dry without it! Great post!

34 Katie July 3, 2009

Never do I leave without concealer and foundation unfortunately I’m a broke out mess and I just can’t embrace the zit.

35 Danielle July 3, 2009

First of all, you are BEAUTIFUL without makeup!!! Good for you taking that picture!

Now, I hear what you are saying about embracing ourselves and the idea of not wearing makeup, and I am happy to know that so many non-makeup wearers exist and are so happy!! But i just can’t do it. Addicted? Maybe, but I am no way ready to try going without makeup.
I had Lasik Eye Surgery about 3 months ago and for about 2 weeks I couldn’t wear eye makeup. All I thought about all day in work is that people must be thinking how tired I look, and was something wrong, and all that stuff. Maybe thats just my insecurity…I mean I did it, but I felt awful.

Anyway, Maybe thats a long term ultimate goal for me! It certainly is something to think about. GREAT POST!

36 Mackenzie July 3, 2009

aaaah, anyone else out there an Accutane alum or currently enjoying it? I truly don’t even look like the same person when my make-up is off, and I truly resent putting it on. But the alternative is seeing the bewildered looks of horror in strangers’ eyes. I was au natural on the way to the laundromat and a neighbor asked me “oh my gosh, are you sick? what are those spots?” Apparently the sensitive man thought that I actually was diseased my face is so bad. However, I have a deft hand with concealer and with make-up on, I fancy I look rather nice.

37 Micco July 3, 2009

I never wear makeup. I don’t even know what foundation is. My skin is really nice, and I think a lot of that has to do with never wearing makeup – which also means I don’t feel like I have anything to hide! “Natural” makeup confuses me because, while it obscures what people look like, you can still tell they’re wearing it. I like really theatrical makeup because there are no pretenses of naturalism. It’s like using an illusion to help create an illusion, like people tapping into an alter ego, you know? Course, that requires wayyy too much energy for this cowgirl.

Keep going eau naturelle! Show off that glowing skin!

38 Melanie July 3, 2009

I’ve got this one!! I don’t wear makeup all that often, even while working a corporate job (although most of my work doesn’t require much “face time” with clients, so I can’t say that I wouldn’t answer differently if I had to face the public). But I’ve done pretty well lately with not feeling like I’ve got to have makeup on to feel whole. Good challenge! And FYI, your picture without makeup looks just fine!

39 Diana July 3, 2009

I never wear make-up. I’ve always looked younger than I am and I just thought I wouldn’t look that good with make-up on. So I never really learned how to use it (yeah… ahah) and I don’t really need it. The only thing I do use is a kind of moisturizer because my skin is pretty dry.

To be honest I think you’re beautiful either way and it’s really heartbreaking when I read how hard you are on yourself. The same thing applies to a lot of the other ladies whose fitness blogs I read.

40 Holly July 3, 2009

I never wear makeup, just like some of your other commenters. My friends always say I should, or how much better I look with it, or what have you. If someone does my makeup and I take a photo and put it on my blog, I get all these comments about how great I look.

TOO FREAKING BAD.

I don’t want to put the time and energy and money into it. I’m fine with my face how it is. I’ll wear a touch of makeup for special occasions, and for my new career I know I’ll have to wear some. But I am comfortable without it and that’s what counts.

41 Jenn (eating bender) July 3, 2009

Angela, this is a great topic for discussion! I actually have always been one of those people who hates wearing makeup so much that I don’t wear very much, but that doesn’t mean I’m not insecure. I have criticized my skin many, many times in life (especially right now, because I am currently going through the pubescent acne stage that I should have gone through back when I was a teenager – gah!). I usually go with bronzer, blush and mascara, and sometimes will use a concealer stick to cover up blemishes. This is a great reminder that we should never let makeup cover up who we really are. I love all of the tips you provided, too!

42 Pam Striker July 3, 2009

I haven’t wore make-up in probably 20 years and I know my skin thanks me! Great post, Angie!

Pam

43 Amanda July 3, 2009

I used to wear Bare Minerals all the time. But lately I can’t even remember the last time I did. I love the way my face looks naked with my new juice beauty products and the Green Monsters. Yes I do have scars from my cystic acne, but that is a part of me and if someone has a problem with them, thats their problem. They are getting better and fading since Im not longer having acne. I do wear lip balm though because sometimes my lips are really dry from eczema.

44 cathy July 3, 2009

You look radiant without your make-up on so embrace that and enjoy it. I have always been a very minimal make-up person and have encouraged my daughters to go for tinted moisturizers rather than foundation if they feel a need to even out their skin tone.

But wait until you are older to se if you still think make-up is foolish. I look at my 56 year old skin in the morning and realize that for me to look my best I need to help it out a bit. But for me it is foundation, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and lip gloss. Anything else is just too much! I wish I could go back to the make-up free days of my 20s and 30s!! Enjoy it!

45 Katrin July 3, 2009

hey Angela!
I haven’t read allt he comments and I might be the 1000th person to tell you this, but you really look beautiful without makeup! Your skin looks so fresh and healthy and you have NO reason to be ashamed of your rosy cheeks ;)
This post really inspired me to try a week withour makeup myself. I think most of us really need it as a shield, so we can feel confident. I’ve experienced that the women I most adore are the ones that don’t need makeup to feel great. Their happiness and confidence really shines through and this picture of you is the best example!

46 J.L. July 3, 2009

i almost never wear it. i have no idea what colors look right or how to properly apply. blah.

hoestly, the first hing i noticed was how dark your hair looks and the vibrant color of your eyes.

47 Rachel July 3, 2009

I was blessed with pretty good skin so I don’t actually wear a lot of makeup. What I do use is bronzer because I’m trying really hard to avoid getting colour on my skin (anymore!) and bronzer helps make me look a little less pasty ;) I love makeup for going out though – it’s so fun!

I once went to a different gym in my city and saw girls caking their faces with makeup BEFORE their workouts. There I was with my hair back, headband on, face srubbed clean – about to sweat my little heart out and they were putting on makeup?!?! I never went back there…

48 Kori (All Things B.) July 3, 2009

Angela- your picture is great and you can tell how healthy you are! The skin is an organ afterall and it is an outward reflection of inward health. From the picute it looks like we have similar skin concerns. I read “The Skintype Solution” about a month ago and was amazed that I was causing many of my skin issues- uneven tone/texture, even my breakouts. I was using many top of the line products (lots that were “natural” as well) but I was amazed when I looked through their ingredients and matched them with the irritants in the book. I pretty much threw out about 75% of what I had and started over. 1 month later and my skin looks and feels amazing! I had been over exfoliating and over drying my skin to deal with breakouts. Low and behold, as soon as I stopped using acne stuff and switched to a gentle cleaser, alcohol free toner and oil free moisturizer (korres yoghurt cream) my skin is even and smooth. I exfoliate a few times a week, but with a gentle Murad product made for “aging skin” which tends to be more delicate than the ones we 20 somethings use!I had no idea that treating my redness and occasional acne as a “sensitivity” would actually work! But it makes sense, since they are both forms of inflammation.

Anyway- I think you look beautiful! If you decide to check out the book- don’t be scared by how huge it is! Only about 75 pages will actually apply to you! The best part- I only use a few products now and before I had a drawer FULL of things to treat or hide this and that! Saves money, saves packaging and I have great skin to show for it!

Great question today!

49 Low July 3, 2009

I’m not a huge makeup person but I do wear it at work and when I go out. But I don’t really feel like I hide behind it. If I didn’t have time to put it on, I’d just wear face lotion and deal. I usually go without it once a week and I never wear it to the gym. But I think if I was with a guy I was interested in, I would feel pretty uncomfortable letting him stare at my bare face. I guess we all have our limits…

50 EatingRD July 3, 2009

I don’t usually ‘over do-it’ with make-up, but I still wear it to feel put together at work or going out. I usually don’t care about wearing make-up when I’m just running errands, or seeing people I know. I guess, I would feel weird if everyone else is wearing make-up and looking ‘professional’ and I wasn’t. I would worry about what others were thinking and wondering why I wasn’t wearing any. mmmm . . . I think I think about what others are thinking too much! haha

51 Meghan@traveleatlove July 3, 2009

I often go makeup free on non work days. And since I walk 3 miles to the office, I usually freshen up and wait to put it on there. I know my husband loves me without it too, even if I have my glasses on (now that’s an insecurity I have! I hate glasses!)
You are absolutely gorgeous without it! Your skin and eyes truly glow.

52 Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) July 3, 2009

You know what’s funny? If you hadn’t mentioned that this was a makeup-free photo I never would have noticed. You’re gorgeous!

53 Lara July 3, 2009

Great pic.

I stopped wearing foundation about 10 years ago. I was breaking out a lot (acne made a strong reappaerance in late 20’s/early 30’s) and my Derm told me to try going without foundation and it helped my skin immensely. I also have reddish skin tone so always tried to cover it up. My skin looked so much fresher and younger without the foundation.

These days for work I use concealer under eye, neutral eye shadow, mascara, and lipgloss. Takes me 5 minutes. I do like to get more dolled up for a night out but no longer have issues going out with no makeup or very minimal (mascara and lip gloss) Especially now at 40, I find more makeup tends to age one’s face.

54 emma k. July 3, 2009

You look great make up free! This website is so amazing and inspiring. Keep posting these kinds of topics and you’ll keep challenging women and make them rethink their definitions of beauty and ideals.

-emma k.

55 Miranda July 3, 2009

Hi Angela,
You look gorgeous without makeup! That natural glow and your confident smile is so attractive. I feel the same way as you that we should cultivate the real confidence in ourselves, and be natural as what we are. Let’s call a stop to the overwhelming processed food, the over-packaging goods, and be eco-friendly to the planet.

56 Diana July 3, 2009

Hey Angela, Great post! I find it much much easier to go without make up when I have a tan. But we all know what the sun does to us, so I try to stay out of it as much as possible. This would be a real challenge for me. Perhaps I will start this while I’m on vacation!
Diana

57 Shelby July 3, 2009

Angela, you are still too gorgeous even without makeup! The glow you have about you is so beautiful. And your skin is amazing.

Do you ever go make-up free?
-Not really. Sometimes I won’t wear eye-makeup or only mascara, but always my bare minerals. I find my skin breaks out if I skip a day or too. I guess its like a protective coating to the bacteria or something.

Do you rely on make-up too much?
-No, I love the way I look at night with my makeup off and my face freshly washed. I think I look so pretty. Not to sound conceited…

Do you think you could go 1 week make-up free? Why or why not?
-I don’t know I could do it. I could try but I’d feel so insecure. Hmm, now I’m thinking about doing it.

58 Beth @ CrossBorderCravings July 3, 2009

With putting make-up on for work every weekday, I actually LOVE going make-up-free on the weekends! When I go out at night I love getting dolled up, but for just the usual weekendy stuff me (and my skin) welcome the break! I think this might have to do with going to an all-girls high school. I NEVER wore make-up to school and learned to be very comfortable without it! Although make-up is amazing and fun, it’s certainly nothing to rely on. You look beautiful without make-up Angela!!

59 Erika July 3, 2009

I think it is great that you brought this up and you look gorgeous without makeup. For me, though, I like the way I look with makeup. I use Bare Essentials and I find it is natural looking.

I think this is one of those things that has to work for you. For me to not wear makeup would be very unsettling. Maybe that is not healthy, but I like feel confident, polished and, yes, girly. I say, to each their own and whatever makes you feel most comfortable.

Great post!

60 Aoife July 3, 2009

What a great post! I totally know how you feel and applaud you for taking the photo of you without make up. You look stunning – no doubt because of your healthy lifestyle!
I wear make-up every day because I have such bad redness on my face. I went out without it one day and nearly cried when I saw myself in the mirror – I just feel horrible. It’s awful as I really feel that we shouldn’t HAVE to wear make-up at all and would love if I didn’t have to, but I just can’t face not wearing it.
The only saving grace is I wear an all-natural/eco and animal friendly (and cheap!) mineral foundation (www.everydayminerals.com) so I don’t feel like I’m putting loads of horrible chemicals on my skin. I’ve been wearing it for around 3 years and order it to Ireland from the USA I think it’s so good. (On a side note, I really think what we put on our bodies is as important as what we put into it, so natural cosmetics are great!)
But I would love, LOVE to have the confidence to not wear make up.

Keep doing what you’re doing Angela – every day (all the way over here in Ireland!!) I learn something from your blog and feel inspired.

61 nicole- chasing blue July 3, 2009

Angela- I love the healthy glow you have about yourself!
You look radiant!

I honestly haven’t worn make up since I have no clue. I actually met all of my boyfriends and my husband not wearing any makeup. I’ve actually gotten the most compliments not wearing any!

62 Danielle July 3, 2009

You know, I honestly don’t know if I have it in me to go bare and makeup-less for a day let alone a week. That extra layer of beauty always gives me so much confidence… which I guess would be a problem in and of itself. Great idea, I hope to make it there one day :)

P.S. You are absolutely beautiful!

63 Meg July 3, 2009

I’ve been wearing makeup pretty much every day since I was 13- I’m 25 now! A few months ago I got really tired of wearing make up all the time! It was an added 15 minutes in the morning and I hardly ever took it off (I even slept in it)!

My skin wasn’t the greatest, but I knew it was a vicious cycle. my skin wasn’t perfect so I started wearing makeupe all the time, but my skin wasn’t perfect because I always wore makeup. I decided to give it up. It’s been more than 3 months now and I love it!

I work in an office, so I wear mascara to work, but nothing on my face. No foundation, concealer, powder, blush, bronzer, eye shadow… nada!

Funny thing is, no one even noticed. My boyfriend didn’t even notice that I don’t even wear mascara at all sometimes.

My skin isn’t always perfect, but it’s my skin and I should show it off! I’m only 25… I don’t want to be 80 and realize how much time I’ve wasted putting on and removing my make up over my lifetime.

I’ve worn powder two or three times since giving it up when I was going out. One time it made me feel so beautiful, the other time I felt it made me look fake.

It took a bit, but I’m loving showing off my skin, however imperfect it may be!)

64 Callina July 3, 2009

I’ve gotten better at this over the years–when I was a teen, I really couldn’t bear to leave the house without makeup because I had bad acne. Now that my skin is better as an adult, I do go without it occasionally, but the one thing I can’t live without is under-eye concealer. I have genetically-caused horrible undereye circles. If I DO go without concealer, people always ask if I’m sick or if I got a black eye, etc. So I really do need it, which stinks, because if I didn’t, I would totally go without it! I do find that using a little makeup (I use Bare Minerals) just evens out my skin and gets rid of some of the ruddiness on my nose, etc. I don’t mind putting it on because I like the way I look with it–but I can still go without if I choose. I don’t use a lot of eye makeup at all–mascara occasionally, and I hardly ever use lip gloss anymore–that stuff just gets in the way and it comes off so easily!

65 Natalie M. July 3, 2009

You’re pretty friggin’ awesome to post a picture of yourself on the internet makeup free Angela.. but you know what? You still look amazing.. those Green Monsters count for something! :)

I go makeup free when I’m working out but you’d be surprised how many women at my gym come in made up as if they’re going out to a soiree… insane!

I can easily go without makeup with the exception of when “that time of month” rolls around and you can easily play connect the dots on my forehead LOL. Damn those hormonal imbalances.. grrrr arrrgghh!

Daily I spot check I only need a dollop to even out skin tone..

66 Alex July 3, 2009

Love the post- I know that I rely on make up for work ever since my face started acting up- what is going on with it?!?!? Funny thing is, I probably am making my skin worst by putting on so much concealer! Argh.

I included my own thoughts about it all on my post today- thanks for the inspiration!

67 C July 3, 2009

I’m another non-make-up wearer. I own a tube of mascara somewhere for special occasions, but I feel absolutely ridiculous with anything else. It’s so unnatural, such a hassle, and no one seems to care anyway. I like the freedom of going without it, and I’d prefer to get that radiant glow with fruits and veggies rather than paints and powders. I’m not against it, as I know many women really enjoy playing around with looks and whatnot, but for me I’d feel incredibly self-conscious and simply not ‘me’ if my face was covered in that stuff.

68 Kristen July 3, 2009

I wear make up almost every day. I don’t wear a tonne, but I do wear it. I often go without makeup on Sundays though. Some Sundays I feel great about the way I look without it and other Sundays I feel a bit self conscious leaving the house without make up. I find that it is easier in the summer when I have a bit more of a “glow” :)

I think I might have to take a picture of myself without the make up and see what I think. (I have VERY rosy undertones…so I often see myself in pictures even WITH make up and think I look really red-faced)

69 The Running Yogini July 3, 2009

I hardly ever wear makeup. About every other month if I have an important meeting I’ll wear makeup, but sometimes I won’t even do that anymore. I slowly stopped wearing makeup over the last 6 years. Hubby says that he loves me without makeup and I think that’s what started it….I realized that I didn’t HAVE to wear makeup. I don’t really miss it, but it is fun once in a while to put it on and go out. Plus, it saves a lot of money :-)

70 Jocelyn July 3, 2009

HI angela..great post. I rarely went make up free during highschool..but Ican proudly say now that I RARELY wear it.. (I have tons of stuff) but i really only wear it on a night out..I NEVER wear it to work or school or out for errands lol..The most I wear = lipgloss a touch of mascara..even that is pushing it. I think working with kids has taught me that..really, they don’t care what we look like, as long as we love them unconditionally and play with them lol. My boyfriend also hates too much/gunky makeup. Fake=no good!

71 Barbara July 3, 2009

Angela~ You are even prettier without make-up….believe in it:)

I honestly never wear make-up unless it’s an event or special outing. It’s SPF 45 and chapstick:) THEN, when I actually wear make-up…people freak out. Actually, it’s rather fun that way…

Cheers~

Barbara

72 Sprouted Kitchen July 3, 2009

you look gorgeous! wonderful blog, i love the green smoothie!

73 Priyanka July 3, 2009

I wear my make up moderately! I know I am not addicted to it, I love to go to the grocery store just like a plain Jane! I think this post is great, but there are so many things that need to change largely. Make up is a mask every woman wears for social acceptance and the day each one of us realizes that we need to accept our kind the way we are,each one of us will be more confident without make up!

I think the parody of the situation is that women hide their flaws more to save themselves from the critical comments or glances of their fellow female co workers than MEN!

And not to forget that you are beautiful and you need no make up!

74 Bethany July 3, 2009

I absolutely LOVE this post. You are absolutely gorgeous and don’t need an ounce of makeup on your face!!

I have just recently stopped wearing foundation and powder on my face. I started off slowly, allowing certain areas on my face to go bare and within a few weeks I was completely weaned from my daily mask. My skin is smoother and clearer than it has ever been. I feel more confident knowing I am doing something healthy for myself.

I still am guilty of wearing a bit of eyeshadow and mascara but on working on that habit soon:)

75 Brandi C July 3, 2009

I’m not big on make-up, but I do think it can help play up your features when you want an extra boost. I try to eat right, drink plenty of water, exercise, and use eb5 on my face daily. I think every person is DIFFERENT and should do what makes THEM feels MOST confident.

76 Rocky Road July 3, 2009

I too use makeup as a bit of a security blanket. It’s not like I won’t leave the house without it on, but when I do wear it I just feel more at ease, more ready to face (no pun intended) the world.

That said, many years ago when I was at my healthiest my skin was naturally good and I never felt the need to cover up.

You look great without make-up and just remember, the more we all practise going out in the world without it, the more yowe will feel comfortable being our natural selves.

Thanks for the great blog btw.

77 Rocky Road July 3, 2009

Sorry, should have said WE, not yowe

78 Crystal (Bye Bye Fat Pants) July 3, 2009

Do you ever go make-up free? Yes

Do you rely on make-up too much? No

Do you think you could go 1 week make-up free? Why or why not? I definitely could, I wear make-up but not often. When I do wear make-up it’s usually mascara, eye shadow, and eye liner. Sometimes I put on some sparkly lip gloss.

I feel better when I wear make-up, but not enough to put forth the effort and time to put it on.

79 Jess July 3, 2009

First off, you are GORGEOUS! Your skin is so clear and smooth! I’m jealous :)

I’m probably in the minority here – I hardly ever wear makeup. But I will admit that I do feel much more beautiful when I wear it. The reason I don’t wear it is because I have very dry skin and any kind of foundation/powder just highlights that.

I hope you fall in love with your true beauty!

80 Danielle C. July 3, 2009

You have such gorgeous skin, I am so envious. I break out at the drop of a hat, at almost 31 this is so frustrating as I had better skin as a teenager.

I go makeup free just about every day, because I work from home LOL. If I’m going to be out and about I use a tinted moisturizer. It gives me just enough color to even out my skin tone, I’m not about to cake it on to cover up my break outs especially in the summer because it is so obvious anyways.

81 Chloe July 3, 2009

I hardly ever wear foundation or coverup because I have freckles that hide redness or pimples (lucky me!). However, I do feel naked without mascara, my eyelashes are pretty light and it makes me feel self conscious when I don’t darken them. It would be a great challenge to go makeup free, there are days when I do this to let my skin breathe a bit and it feels great. I usually forget that I’m not wearing makeup because I use so little of it.
Great post!

82 Jenn July 3, 2009

I decided that in conjunction with boot camp this month, I’d also do a month of Project Glow, and as a part of that, NO MAKE UP for a month! I’m trying to address some real problem issues, and though I rarely wear make up, I was concerned that the little bit I do wear is contributing them. I’ll let you know how the month goes. :)

And I think you look beautiful in that pic.

83 Andrea July 3, 2009

I do go makeup free often… I feel that it weighs me down. besides my husband likes me better with no makeup :)

84 Marissa July 3, 2009

I like to think of makeup as something that enhances a woman’s natural beauty. I do think it is important that we feel comfortable without makeup. However, I do not plan on going many days without it! I love makeup and playing around with it. I think if it is used sparingly and well, it is a great thing.

85 Kristin July 3, 2009

If I tell my therapist that I went to Sephora she knows I had a particularly hard day and have been really been feeling down about myself. Sephora is like a binge to me…

nough said.

86 Sarah July 3, 2009

I very rarely wear makeup at all. I use a scrub and some moisturizer, but other than that, really the only thing I use often is lip gloss, and that’s not necessarily tinted. Every once in a while, when I want to feel a little more special, I’ll do my eyes, but that is VERY rare… like, maybe twice so far this year, not counting times when we were doing pictures or something. When I really wear makeup, it just makes me feel funny. I always feel like I look fake or worry that I’ve put it on incorrectly or too heavily or it’s smudged or something. But I’m really blessed in that I have really good, even skin, so I’ve never really had much desire to cover it with anything.

87 Rebeca July 4, 2009

I go makeup free most days of the year… My dad always said that natural beauty was better and encouraged my mother not to wear it even when they went out (and she is beautiful)… Thankfully, I just get over the ‘flaws’ and try to find something that I like, plaster on a smile, and go about my day!

88 Susan July 4, 2009

Pfft, you look a-mazing without makeup!!! You definitely pull it off well! :)

I used to rely on make-up A LOT. But I find myself wearing less and less as I get older. Mostly because my skin is better, so I don’t have to slather on concealer to hide any acne. I could totally go makeup free anywhere but at work. I’m often on TV for work, and not wearing makeup on TV is not an option!! :P

89 Victoria July 4, 2009

Wow so many non make up wearers! I must admit, I am an addict and rely on it far too much. I have become quite good at applying it, but what started as ‘just for night’ little ‘flicks’ on my eyes has turned in to a day time tradition too.

I suffer from some acne, but like many of you have said, all the make up I cake on is probably one of the causes.

I used to work in a huge Bank and many of the women were glamorous and groomed so I got into the habit of the ample day make up then. However since February I’ve worked from home and see nobody for most of the day so that has really helped my skin (as I go completely make up free!)

The other day my ex boyfriend came around (during the work day) and I didn’t bother to put on any make up. That was a real break through for me! He didn’t say anything and I didn’t feel self concious at all. And he keeps texting me so I must have looked good right!!

Whilst I know I don’t need to wear make up all the time, you never know who you’re going to meet, so I like to look my best most of the time!

Vic xoxo

90 Kate July 4, 2009

I started going makeup free a couple weeks ago. It was mostly out of lazyiness and being really busy at work. I love it! Sometimes I will just wear some mascara and gloss. Neutogena’s mascara is nice and light. It is really nice to not even wear the mascara because you can rub your face without smearing. I admit it was a little hard. I don’t wear much anyway. I feel if I don’t wear it all the time, when I do I will look ten times better because people will be used to seeing me without!

91 hstryk July 4, 2009

In high school I couldn’t leave the house without my trademark eyeliner and eyeshadow. I’ve never been one for foundation because it makes me break out and no color really matches my pale skin. In college going natural came more out of laziness, 5 minutes more sleep was way more important to me than the 5 minutes it took to do my makeup. A lot of my guy friends have told me I’m “pretty enough to go without makeup” and that sometimes it’s more attractive that a girl can just let how she looks naturally show instead of hiding it with lots of makeup. I only wear makeup now for social outings and the rare day I just feel like looking a bit glam.

92 jessinnyc July 4, 2009

I don’t wear a lot of make-up. However, recently I always wear mascara. On days that I don’t people ask me if I’m not feeling well. After hearing that a few too many times, I have become insecure about going sans mascara. I go through phases with how I feel about not wearing any at all. I don’t wear it for working out or for training clients early in the morning. I believe that its important to remain comfortable enough with our looks that we can be seen in public without make-up.

93 Morgan July 4, 2009

you look great makeup free! i do occasionally go makeup free for errands and things like that, but I like to have a little mascara on at the very least. I am not one of those who can’t leave the house without my “face” on. Also, I too could not live without lip gloss, specifically Rosebud’s lip salve. I also go through a ton of bag balm to keep my lips hydrated. When I get stressed, I tend to reach for my lip balm!

94 Vonzell August 24, 2010

Thanks for this post. I am a teenager, and I’ve always been make-up free (minus Homecoming and Prom). I think a big part of it is the fact that my Mom doesn’t wear daily makeup, only on special occasions. I am growing up in a very positive environment with people who let me know that I’m beautiful. :-) You are very beautiful Angela.

95 double_power August 30, 2010

[url=http://startds.net/trafff/go.php?sid=3&tds-sekey=Diltiazem][b]Best discounts and biggest catalog of drugs.[/b][/url]
On this Page We Present Where to Get [url=http://startds.net/tds/2/Diltiazem/3.html][b]Diltiazem[/b][/url]. If you are searching for any kinds of [url=http://startds.net/tds/2/Diltiazem/3.html][b]Diltiazem[/b][/url] online we offer you information and description of this medication.
[url=http://startds.net/tds/2/Diltiazem/4.html][img]http://startds.net/tds/1/Diltiazem/4_1.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://startds.net/tds/2/Diltiazem/2.html][img]http://startds.net/tds/1/Diltiazem/2_1.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://startds.net/tds/2/Diltiazem/5.html][img]http://startds.net/tds/1/Diltiazem/5_1.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://startds.net/tds/2/Diltiazem/1.html][img]http://startds.net/tds/1/Diltiazem/1_1.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://startds.net/tds/2/Diltiazem/3.html][img]http://startds.net/tds/1/Diltiazem/3_1.jpg[/img][/url]
Many payment options: Visa, MasterCard, eCheck, Amex, Wire transfer etc.
Cheapest Website to BUY, BEST QUALITY for BRAND and GENERIC medications!
We are in business for years, so shopping is 100% guarantee!
Fast & Guaranteed worldwide Delivery!
Free bonus pills for every order!
30 days money back guarantee!
24/7/365 Customer Support!
Quality You Can Trust!
Save Up To 85%!
Generic Diltiazem

Availability: In Stock Active ingridient: Diltiazem Hcl
Dosage: 60/90/120mg
Category: Cardiovascular
Delivery: Unregistered Mail, 14 — 21 days
the product will be delivered by: August, 16 — August, 23
Trackable Courier, 5 — 9 days
the product will be delivered by: August, 07 — August, 11
Buy Generic Diltiazem without prescription!

Treating supraventricular tachycardia, a rhythm disturbance of the heart.

Read generic diltiazem medication guide >
Buy now and get up to +8% bonus on your next orders!Package Per Pill Price Order
60mg ? 30 tablet $1.67 $50.13 Buy Now!
60mg ? 60 tablet $1.54 $92.58 Buy Now!
60mg ? 90 tablet $1.41 $127.31 Buy Now!
60mg ? 100 tablet $1.47 $146.60 Buy Now!
60mg ? 200 tablet $1.04 $207.33 Buy Now!
60mg ? 300 tablet $1.16 $347.25 Buy Now!

Package Per Pill Price Order
90mg ? 30 tablet $2.19 $65.57 Buy Now!
90mg ? 60 tablet $1.54 $92.58 Buy Now!
90mg ? 90 tablet $1.29 $115.73 Buy Now!
90mg ? 120 tablet $1.16 $138.89 Buy Now!
90mg ? 180 tablet $1.05 $189.05 Buy Now!
90mg ? 360 tablet $1.00 $358.83 Buy Now!

Package Per Pill Price Order
120mg ? 30 tablet $2.70 $81.00 Buy Now!
120mg ? 60 tablet $1.99 $119.60 Buy Now!
120mg ? 90 tablet $1.80 $162.03 Buy Now!
120mg ? 120 tablet $1.67 $200.63 Buy Now!
120mg ? 180 tablet $1.56 $281.66 Buy Now!

– Most popular quantity.

Diltiazem is used for:

Treating supraventricular tachycardia, a rhythm disturbance of the heart.

It is also used for controlling heart rate response to other rhythm disturbances, specifically, atrial fibrillation and flutter.

It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.

Diltiazem is a calcium channel blocker.

It works by slowing the electrical conduction in the heart, slowing heart rate, and/or normalizing heart rhythm.

Do NOT use Diltiazem if:
you are allergic to any ingredient in Diltiazem
you have sick sinus syndrome or have second— or third—degree heart block and do not have a pacemaker, or very low blood pressure
you have atrial fibrillation or flutter and a pre—excitation syndrome (extra conduction pathway in the heart), such as Wolff—Parkinson—White syndrome (WPW) or Lown—Ganong—Levine syndrome (LGL)
you are receiving injectable beta—blockers (eg, metoprolol) or erythromycin

Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.

Before using Diltiazem :

Some medical conditions may interact with Diltiazem.

Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast—feeding
if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
if you have heart failure or have had a recent heart attack with lung congestion, heart block, low blood pressure, a very slow heart rate, or abnormal heart rhythm
if you have kidney or liver disease

Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Diltiazem.

Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
Cimetidine or protease inhibitors (eg, indinavir) because they may increase the actions and side effects of Diltiazem
Rifampin because it may decrease the effectiveness of Diltiazem
Amiodarone, cisapride, digoxin, erythromycin, protease inhibitors (eg, indinavir), quinidine, tricyclic antidepressants (eg, desipramine), theophylline, or general anesthetics because toxic effects on the heart may occur
Benzodiazepines (eg, midazolam), beta—blockers (eg, metoprolol), buspirone, carbamazepine, cilostazol, corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), cyclosporine, HMG—CoA reductase inhibitors (eg, atorvastatin), macrolide immunomodulators (eg, tacrolimus) because the risk of their side effects, some potentially life—threatening, may be increased by Diltiazem

This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur.

Ask your health care provider if Diltiazem may interact with other medicines that you take.

Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.

How to use Diltiazem :

Use Diltiazem as directed by your doctor.

Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.

Diltiazem is usually given as an injection at your doctors office, hospital, or clinic.

If you will be using Diltiazem at home, a health care provider will teach you how to use it.

Be sure you understand how to use Diltiazem.

Follow the procedures you are taught when you use a dose.

Contact your health care provider if you have any questions.

Do not use Diltiazem if it contains particles, is cloudy or discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged.

Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and pets.

Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials.

Ask your health care provider how to dispose of these materials after use.

Follow all local rules for disposal.

If you miss a dose of Diltiazem , use it as soon as possible.

If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.

Do not use 2 doses at once.

Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Diltiazem.

Important safety information:
Diltiazem may cause dizziness.

These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines.

Use Diltiazem with caution.

Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.

Diltiazem may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects.

To prevent them, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning.

Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these effects.

Diltiazem may cause you to become sunburned more easily.

Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Diltiazem.

Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.

Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Diltiazem before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.

Lab tests, including electrocardiogram (ECG), heart rate, and blood pressure monitoring, may be performed while you use Diltiazem.

These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects.

Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.

Use Diltiazem with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.

Diltiazem should not be used in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.

PREGNANCY and BREAST—FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor.

You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Diltiazem while you are pregnant.

Diltiazem is found in breast milk.

Do not breast—feed while taking Diltiazem.

hawthorn berries nature’s pharmacy fresh pharmacy pharmacy of copenhagen genovese pharmacy houck pharmacy pharmacy 77 the whole food pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy luck natures pharmacy
Ontario America North Dakota Minnesota Korea Rhode Island NSW Honolulu New York Mississippi Louisiana Queensland Estrie Pennsylvania Quebec Quebec Tasmania Oregon United States AU
diltiazem hcl 180mg
levaquin digoxin toxic and diltiazem
pharmacy conpendium diltiazem hcl
add-vantage vial diltiazem
does diltiazem cause muscles crapms
diltiazem drug interactions
diltiazem er
diltiazem hcl er
diltiazem hcl cr
rxpharmaceuticals diltiazem hcl online
diltiazem hcl
what is diltiazem hcl
diltiazem and prevastatin interactions
diltiazem xt
diltiazem release
diltiazem hcl online
11 diltiazem cd 24
diltiazem 120mg
diltiazem 300mg tablets
diltiazem cd cap side effects
emphysema and diltiazem
diltiazem and hydrochlorthiazide
diltiazem hcl er alternatives
diltiazem and tylenol
diltiazem 240mg sa cap
diltiazem hcl 180 mg
diltiazem hcl er cd caps teva
diltiazem and hemorrhoids
diltiazem hcl rx pharmaceutical
diltiazem and alcohol
1 diltiazem hemorrhoid 2
drug interaction between tamoxifen and diltiazem
what is diltiazem
diltiazem 2 ointment
diltiazem hci
diltiazem hcl depression
diltiazem side affects
diltiazem cd 180
diltiazem bph
diltiazem hcl er 120
diltiazem hcl conflicts
what is diltiazem used for
cimetidine diltiazem interaction
diltiazem dosage
diltiazem hcl 180 mg
difference between diltiazem and diltiazem er
diltiazem sustained release
diltiazem and theophylline interaction
diltiazem hydrochloride
diltiazem hcl cd
adverse effects with keflex diltiazem
diltiazem cd medicine
diltiazem cr
description diltiazem 240mg sa
diltiazem hcl medication conflicts
overview of rx diltiazem cd
diltiazem ointment
Diltiazem hcl
diltiazem hcl er cd caps
diltiazem hcl 2 plo gel
diltiazem cream
diplopia caused by diltiazem
diltiazem for cats
side effects of diltiazem
diltiazem hyrochloride
adverse effects of diltiazem
diltiazem iv
diltiazem hcl turkey
diltiazem hcl er
cost of diltiazem for dogs

[url=http://orderlampreneuslowest.mypublicsquare.com/]order Lamprene online[/url]
[url=http://orderlevoxyluslow.mypublicsquare.com/]discount Levoxyl no prescription[/url]
[url=http://buycoverahsus-can.ourpublicsquare.com/]buy Coverahs online[/url]
[url=http://buypropeciausdiscount.ourpublicsquare.com/]order Propecia without prescription[/url]
[url=http://orderlotrelusdiscount.mypublicsquare.com/]cheap Lotrel[/url]
[url=http://buyreviaus-5can.mypublicsquare.com/]order Revia online no prescription[/url]
[url=http://ordersinemetusdiscount.mypublicsquare.com/]buy generic Sinemet online[/url]
[url=http://buycartiausdiscount.indieword.com/]mexican rx Cartia[/url]
[url=http://buybenemidusdiscount.mypublicsquare.com/]buying generic Benemid[/url]
[url=http://buyorthomicronorus-5can.mypublicsquare.com/]generic Orthomicronor[/url]
[url=http://buystarlixusdiscount.mypublicsquare.com/]purchase Starlix online no prescription[/url]

96 Frankiekl March 6, 2015

i like this ! could you elaborate more… and you can also check healthbeautybuzzy.com