Canada Day Picnic!

Good evening!

headerbg thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

ATTN Canadians: Glo Bakery is having another GLO-OUT!

My Blueberry Banana Streusel Mini Loaves are 25% off until tomorrow only!

Order by tomorrow at 2pm EST and get your mini loaves by Friday! While quantities last!

Email globakery@gmail.com for more info.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was a busy baker today!

img 8634 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

I made 28 Blueberry banana mini loaves! Tonight, I also have to make an order of my Vegan Flax ‘n Gl’oat muffins.

fitness thumb   Canada Day Picnic!The sun kept peeking out from the clouds all day long and luckily when Eric and I left for our outdoor workout it was gorgeous and sunny!! :) That made me a very happy camper!

Before the run with my Canada Day balloon: ;)

img 8630 thumb1   Canada Day Picnic! img 8631 thumb1   Canada Day Picnic!

On the last 1/2 mile it started to sprinkle though. It was kind of refreshing because we were both quite hot and it was very humid outside.

The workout:

• Outdoor run, including 2 huge hills
  • Distance: 4.60 miles
  • Duration: 42 minutes
  • Max Heart rate: 171 bpm
  • Avg heart rate: 154 bpm
  • Avg pace: 9:15 min/mile

It was a great run! Eric was on bike of course, motivating me to pick up the pace! lol. I love our bike/runs together. It is a nice chance to catch up and relax with one another.

Not even 1 minute after we got home, it started to DOWNPOUR!!! Now that is luck! lol.

I also did the SGBC exercises! You can assume that I am doing them according to the calendar unless I mention otherwise. This will save me from having to say the exercises I did each time! :)

food thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

Since it was wet outside, I knew I had to go with my indoor option for the picnic! :)

You already saw part 1 of the picnic at lunch.

Now I was on to part 2!

I made a variation of a recipe from 101 Cookbooks called Lemon Tofu Cucumber Salad.

My version (Serves 1-2):

Mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside.

Sauce:

• 1.5 T lemon juice
  • 1 T EVOO
  • pinch of sea salt
  • 2 T light Italian Dressing
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon minced dill (see pic below)

img 8651 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

Dill:

img 8640 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

I didn’t have fresh so that is what I used.

Base:

• 5 oz extra firm tofu
  • 1 zucchini

Chop up 5 oz. of extra-firm tofu and 1 zucchini and grill in a skillet until lightly browned. Add crushed black pepper to taste.

img 8642 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

Mix together and sprinkle with sunflower seeds! :) I also added 1/2 avocado at the end!

img 8659 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

Then I cooked Eric a hamburger wrap, knowing that he would not be pleased with tofu! lol.

I started to assemble our plates and the picnic setting! It was so much fun! Eric had no idea what I was doing…lol.

The wine:

img 8676 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

The candles and flowers:

img 4157 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

Trees…

img 8666 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

More food with candles…

img 4159 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

Big cushions and a nice comfy blanket…

img 8667 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

Ta-da!

img 8668 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

Our eats on green plates. Eric got to eat off our new Wal Mart plastic leaf platter that we got on sale for $3!! You can’t tell from this pic, but it is huge!

img 8669 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!  img 8674 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

My plate:

img 8663 thumb   Canada Day Picnic! img 8671 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

Oh I just LOVED both of these salads!!! :) Such great picnic food!

I thought this shirt was fitting tonight:

img 8682 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

;)

Sketchie was sad he couldn’t come in:

img 8683 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

We stuffed ourselves with cherries and bread for dessert:

img 8686 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

I cleaned my plate. Eric ate everything but the tofu I snuck on his plate :(

img 8690 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

I went to the kitchen for 1 minute and I came back and found this!!!!

Asleep wrapped up in his blanket! bahaha

img 8696 thumb   Canada Day Picnic!

I guess today was just too much excitement for the poor guy!

Well folks, I am off to bake an order! I am feeling much better today because I had some down time periodically throughout the day and took mini breaks! I also loved that I cooked some new recipes today. I find cooking so relaxing- I just zone out!!

Don’t forget to sign up for the Summer Glow Boot Camp if you haven’t done so! Don’t forget tomorrow is a contest giveaway!

Would you like to take advantage of the delicious blueberry banana streusel bread 25% off? Email me asap (globakery@gmail.com) because it is only on while quantities last!

Ciao!

angela signature thumb1   Canada Day Picnic!

Tonight’s question: What are you doing for 4th of July long weekend?

Canadians- How did/are you celebrating Canada Day today?

Do you cook or bake anything out of the ordinary or do you have something that is a tradition with your family/friends?

Jessica July 1, 2009

Aww those mini loaves look to die for! I wish I could ship some to Nebraska, and I wish I had the money to do so lol! They look SO amazing.
We are going to my boyfriend’s mom’s house friday to celebrate the fourth … i have to work sat and sun though :( hopefully we can do something sat night too, but I’m not sure!
-Muffy

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope July 1, 2009

Such an adorable picnic! And your plates are ADORABLE! Definitely a fun way to spend the evening. :)

xxoo
Heather

Pam Striker July 1, 2009

Last evening I made some raw choc. with raisins and almonds from Ani’s Raw food desserts book. It is so good, better tonight then when I made it yesterday!

Hope you have a nice evening,

Pam

Kelsey July 1, 2009

that is such a cute idea! a picnic indoors….uber romantic :]
i can’t wait til you can ship to the states. i will def be purchasing some yums!

Brown Girl July 1, 2009

That all looks delish…those muffins loafs made my mouth water. Cute shirt, totally fitting for the occasion!

Christina July 1, 2009

The indoor picnic is so cute.. You’re so thoughtful!

Brandi C July 1, 2009

I’m DEFINITELY having a picnic SOON! Such a fun evening!
I plan on going to watch a big firework show for the 4th of July. My family always has a big cookout as well =]

Katherine July 1, 2009

Your picnic is adorable and it looks like Eric was very satisfied :) I love the picture of him rolled up in his blanket!!

My husband and I are headed out to the beach with his parents for the weekend – hopefully we’ll do lots of grilling, lots of sunning and we’ll get some long walks/runs in :)

Hope you enjoyed Canada Day!

Mia {runs and rests} July 1, 2009

What a laid back, romantic indoor picnic! :D
Talk about rain, I got rained on my bike ride to work this morning. :s

Rebecca July 1, 2009

Your picnic is so sweet! I liked it indoors! It seemed more romantic!

My friend is coming to staying with me for 4th of July weekend. I’m making blueberry, peach, and banana oatmeal pancakes! Yum!

Wiggs (The Beholder) July 1, 2009

Don’t you LOVE Gourmet Garden?! I use their crushed garlic in everything. Including pancakes once. Oops.

Dave’s little brother is coming down here for the weekend – it’ll be his first American Fourth of July. He’s having a week of awesome holidays.

EatingRD July 1, 2009

looks like a wonderful ‘picnic’! So cute :) Happy Canada Day! We’re just going to a friend’s house for a bbq, and then my little sister’s 4th birthday is on Sunday. That bread looks awesome!

Meghan@traveleatlove July 1, 2009

That picnic looks sooo romantic! My boss is from Toronto, and someone blasted the Canadian national anthem for him today.
This weekend I plan on lots of relaxing, visiting a restaurant that is closing after 31 years, and getting in a few good hill workouts. Hooray for long weekends!

SnowKat July 1, 2009

I am de-lurking to say… Your picnic was SO cute ! I even showed my hubby who agreed :D

Hubby & I are hosting a BBQ for the 4th. Lots of family and friends coming over to celebrate.

Love your blog ! And happy Canada Day !! (I am 1/2 French Canadian…)
~Mary

gliding calm July 1, 2009

SO SO CUTE! I love your fun ideas Ange!

have a wonderful Thursday, beautiful!!!

Still Life in South America July 1, 2009

So jealous of all of you Canadians out there getting to enjoy the OSG baked items!

Last weekend my sweetie wanted some oatmeal raisin cookies. I found a recipe in Epicurious.com that called for a lot of spices including cumin and fresh ginger. I was a little nervous about adding cumin, but the final product was very tasty. If you like spices, I would highly recommend the recipe.

Besos!

Kristine July 1, 2009

PLEASE SHIP TO THE US!!! :) :)

Courtney July 1, 2009

Oh MY GAWSHHH :D this is the cutest thing i have ever seen! he is a lucky boy.

and WHEN will you ship to us? I am so excited to taste!

-Courtney

Andrea July 2, 2009

I am so excited to start summer glow bootcamp! Yeah!

off to start right now :)

Kate July 2, 2009

Make an open/closed sign and hang it from the door. Set your business hours. Stick to them. There should be no reason for your bakery to open before 9 a.m and you should close anywhere between 3 to 5. That way you are starting in a way that will work when you have kids. At closing time the sign is flipped and you are closed. You should also have Sat and Sun as closed days. Set yourself up so you ship all weekend orders Friday. Also remember that supply runs and shopping for your business should be done during business hours, not on family time. You really have to draw the line between work and family the same as you would if you worked outside the home or it takes over everything.

Jodi July 2, 2009

OMGoodness, those mini loaves look good!
Ange, I noticed your headphone cords all tangling infront of you. I’m not sure if you like that or not, but and wanted to mention what I do with my ipod shuffle… I run the headphone cords down my back, under my tank, and clip the shuffle on my waistband. Because of the raised ring on the shuffle, there’s really no need to have to look at it to skip songs/or adjust the volume. Anyways, just thought I’d share my tip ;)

Kristine July 2, 2009

How sweet!

I LOVE that tshirt! I have to find one.

Amy July 2, 2009

Haha, that is SO something my fiance would do…wrap up like a burrito :) and look so cute!

Kristen July 2, 2009

You have such a beautiful home and food! Glad you enjoyed your day!

Holly (The Healthy Everythingtarian) July 2, 2009

what a cute lil’ picnic you set up! that is so adorable. my favorite part is totally eric sleeping wrapped up :) that salad looks super good too – might have to try that one out.

JT July 2, 2009

I loved your picnic salads. I will be trying the bean salad this weekend for a picnic that from all the weather forcasts, is looking to be more of an indoor event.
Do you have a commercial kitchen at home? Your mini bread loaf looks delicious.
Good luck with all the baking. Jelena

Fitzalan July 2, 2009

I am heading to Blacksburg, VA to a party my brother is throwing. We are going to stay at my mother’s. This party apparently includes yard golf, bocce and lots of food and alcohol. Perfect way to celebrate the 4th!

I am planning on baking some zucchini bread tonight, but that is more because I have some zucchinis that need to be used. My family doesn’t really have anything traditional for the 4th. Other holidays we do, but not this one. Probably hamburgers, hot dogs and lots of beer.

Happiness Awaits

Diana July 2, 2009

Love the picnic.
We celebrated Canada Day with a bit of Tennis, Swimming and a BBQ.
It was a great day!