Surprise!

img 8575f thumb   Surprise!

Whatdaya think?

I’m pretty happy with how it turned out! So fresh and sassy!

fun thumb4   Surprise! Guess who started their own blog?

Some of you guessed it correctly in this morning’s post!

I present to you…

Soup Up My House by none other than my HUBBY, Eric!

untitled7   Surprise!

If you do one thing today please stop on over and check it out and leave him a comment!!! He is convinced that no one is going to read, but I happen to think that he has an amazing idea!!!! :) Let’s show Oh He Glows some Glow love. lol.

And might I just add that I am totally jealous of his wicked Avatar design? He did that in one night! Hot dayum.food thumb7   Surprise!

Today I have been busy as a bee in the kitchen! This morning I made my Skinni-Mini Glo Buns. Boy does the house smell amazing!!

img 3663 thumb   Surprise!

I still need to ice them…

I am happy to say that my muscles are feeling almost fully recovered from my 10k race on Sunday! Just a tiny bit of soreness left. I have been stretching like it is my job (and also taking all my vitamins) so I think that has helped loads!

Just to be sure, I had another protein packed lunch!

I had some Salmon to use up that we got on sale a few weeks ago:

img 3518 thumb   Surprise!

I made open faced toasted salmon sandwiches:

• 1 can flaked salmon
  • 1-2 T soy yogurt (unsweetened)
  • Ground pepper
  • Fresh Garlic chives from the garden (!!!)
  • Tomato slices
  • Hemp dressing

Look at the garlic chives outside!!! :D

img 3490 thumb   Surprise! img 3489 thumb   Surprise!

They are tasty!

The sandwich:

img 3524 thumb   Surprise!

Mary’s Crackers and natural peanut butter:

img 3520 thumb   Surprise!

The peanut butter has been FLOWING in this house since I started making all these On The Glo Bars! I missed PB. :) AB still has a ‘nutritional place’ in my heart but I love PB sometimes!

img 3522 thumb   Surprise!img 3519 thumb   Surprise!

Ok, back to baking!

And then this:

img 3606 thumb   Surprise!

PS- I didn’t really cut my hair! Did I trick you?

Photoshop can do some amazing things! :)

I have thought about it…but when it comes down to it I don’t think I could do it. Plus, Eric is a ‘long hair man’. lol.

Today’s question: Tell me about your most horrifying hair experience!!!

Mine was definitely about 8 years ago. I asked for choppy layers and brought in a pictures of Britney Spears. What I ended up with was layers 2 inches from the top of my head, in a horrible shag all over! I looked like a dead rat and my hair looked like it was horribly damaged and splitting. I was traumatized and it took me 3 years to finally grow out!!! To this day I am a huge control freak whenever someone comes near me with scissors!

Have a great day!

angela signature thumb39   Surprise!

Katharina June 18, 2009

LOL!!! I fell for your photoshop trick! Well, if you ever decide to chop off your hair (that sounds so brutal OUCH), you’d look awesome!!! You have such a pretty smile :)

Oh man, if I lived in your house I would never find a need to buy scented candles. I can just imagine how delicious those buns must smell.

Take care! And happy tagging the town with positivity.

Recipes for Creativity June 18, 2009

I commented on Eric’s page and yes, you fooled me with the short hair pic! Back when I was about 8 I had really long hair. My step dad decided to trim it. He couldn’t get it even, so he kept cutting and cutting..until finally he and my mom had to bring me to a hair stylist to fix it. By then, though, it had to be cut all the way above my shoulders! I immediately grew it back out, but have dabbled with shorter hair over the years. I’m a long hair, girl, too!

Erin June 18, 2009

Ange! You really did trick me and I thought it looked great! IF you get the urge again, you should do it ;) When you did your pre-race video, for one part your hair was behind your shoulder and it looked cut off, and I thought it looked soooo good!

But I’m like you – I always get the urge to cut it off, but in the end I can’t do it. I did once, and it looked probably better then than it does now.. but… I love long hair!!

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) June 18, 2009

You had me going. I think it looked really cute short too, but you are so gorgeous that it wouldn’t matter if you were bald!

Katherine June 18, 2009

You totally fooled me!

I don’t know if I’ve had a really traumatic experience, but I did chop all my hair off last August (think Katie Holmes super short!) and I’m dying for long hair again already! I haven’t cut it since December so it’s finally starting to show some progress :)

Lindsay Y. June 18, 2009

You tricked me too! Sneaky…I have to say, though, that I was really surprised when I thought you HAD cut it all off, since you have such gorgeous hair. You look great either way, but if I had your hair there’s no way I’d hack it off! Unfortunately the consistency of my hair tends to resemble an odd combo of pouffy cotton candy and an old broom, so I have no choice but to keep it short. :)

caitlin June 18, 2009

haha no offense, but THANK GOD you did not cut your hair!!! i love long hair on ladies. :)

Erin June 18, 2009

oh, and my WORST hair cut was when I was seven years old (talk about traumatizing…). We were in the mall, my mom and I, when I got the urge to get my hair cut to shoulder length (it was looooong). My mom took me to some version of SuperCuts in the mall (big mistake), and I explained to them VERY carefully what I wanted, and was so excited! I was finally getting to choose my own haircut!!

I ended up with cheek-length hair and short bangs. I thought I was going to die.. I pretty much cried for weeks!! I looked like a boy for real :( I still get upset thinking aobut it, hahhaah.

Sheri June 18, 2009

I totally fell for you photoshop trickery! I was pretty surpised by it though!

Those buns look so yummy! I wish I could visit ya at the bake sale.

Julie June 18, 2009

haha keep it longggg!

my worst hair experience was like RIGHT after I broke up with my ex boyfriend and I wanted a “change” and I died it blond. It was SO bad and I kept it like that for way too long haha

Lauren June 18, 2009

Awww, I think you look truly adorable with short hair!!! You fooled me! :)

The mini-glo buns look just devine. I really want to give these a try but I totally stink at baking. They seem pretty easy, so maybe I will give them a “glo”. Haha, so cheesey I know. :)

Have a wonderful day dear!

Sharon June 18, 2009

My bf would also be very disappointed if I cut my long hair…so even if it’s a HUGE pain sometimes I’m keepin’ it!

My worst hair experience was a home hair cut by my Mom which garnered me the nickname ‘Mushroom Head’ from my brothers. It was just in time for school pictures and was completely traumitizing *shudder* I looked like I belonged in the Beatles! Another reason why I’ve kept it long ever since…

Emily June 18, 2009

You did trick me, but something looked “off” about the cut. The bottom looked too straight and not soft. I was glad you didn’t cut it for real though. I think you look great with long hair, and i’m totally jealous because my hair never looks healthy when it grows out long.

Shelby June 18, 2009

I thought it looked a little too blunt at the ends! haha. I do really love it short though, but you look gorgeous no matter what =)

Awesome new site from the Hubby! I’m excited to read.
Skinny Glo Buns…oh how I must make these soon!

I think my worst hair experience was when I went to dye it a lighter blonde and the lady colored at all the same color (it was horrible) and then she cut my bangs too short (so when they dried they were super short) and THEN she blow-dried it until it resembled a hay stack and flipped it out like Judy Jetson. I. was. pissed. Gladly, I found the perfect hairstylist and I will never go anywhere else!

Nicole June 18, 2009

I knew it was photoshopped since I saw that pic before! lol I guessed right about Eric!

Criztawl June 18, 2009

When I saw the photo of your “short hair” I was like “Haven’t I seen this photo before?”” You are sneaky … LOL I do though think that short hair looks good on you :)

Your lunch today looks sooooooo yummy, I think I might have that tomorrow :)

janetha June 18, 2009

WOW yes i was easily tricked, it would be a cute look though! i am with you, long hair for liiife!

Colleen June 18, 2009

You totally fooled me – and I thought you looked stunning!

I am a long-hair girl, but back in November I wanted to donate my hair to locks of love, so I cut 10 inches off…the cut is really cute and everyone loves it, but my hair is like my security blanket so I’m growing it back! :)

elliebelle June 18, 2009

You would be cute with short hair! Though, I did recognize that pic from your honeymoon. (I think it is because I remembered that super cute dress you are wearing in the picture!) I have curly hair, so luckily, a bad cut can be very forgiving. But probably the worst hair experience I had was when I let my hair grow super long and it got so ratty because of my curls! haha… Plus, I felt I looked Alanis Morrsette-ish…when she had her yucky long hair…(Not that there is anything wrong with her, I think she looks great now with shorter hair!)
Your sandwich looks delicious, I am going to have to try that sometime.

Jocelyn June 18, 2009

aww i was gonna say..girl you look FAB with short hair..imagine how easy that would be in the summer too???

Ohhh well..

I love those Mary’s crackers! Yum!!

haya June 18, 2009

you only half fooled me ;-) the first picture did look not quite right.

but you’d be cute with short hair anyway!

Jennifer @ His N' Her Health June 18, 2009

I thought the hair cut looked a little weird. My worst experience wasn’t really traumatic but I had a friend who was a hair dresser cut my hair. I had relatively long hair and wanted it just below the shoulders, well it ended up being about 3 inches shorter. My hair grows so so slow. It has been 4 months and it is NOW just below the shoulders! My boyfriend likes short hair, but NEVER AGAIN will I cut it short.

Sara June 18, 2009

You fooled me!

I think my worst hair experience was perms!

Though last year, I did cut my long hair super short. I donated it to Lock of Love. If you do decide to cut your hair consider donating it to someone. You only need 10 inches for Locks of Love. The way I see it, I can grow out my hair after I cut it, these kids can’t.

Alison June 18, 2009

You totally tricked me! I thought that pic looked a little *off* but I couldn’t put my finger on it. I thought it was really cute though!

When I saw the TM pic I thought you either took the pic before you chopped it off or you did a great job tying it back! LOL!

hjartas June 18, 2009

omg, i fell for that photoshop pic!

Caroline June 18, 2009

The short hair is quite cute, but I’ve had pretty much that exact same experience with a stylist. The next time I went in she took about an inch and a half too much off my bangs (yes, they were insanely short) and needless to say I haven’t been back since!

Susan June 18, 2009

Ah! You totally fooled me! Although, I will admit, I did think the cut was kind of oddly straight at the bottom :P I used to cut my (long) hair myself…including my bangs. Trust me, it was a horror.

Off to check out Eric’s blog! :)

brandi June 18, 2009

i think your hair would look cute!

congrats to Eric on the blog :)

Kelly June 18, 2009

Angela, please don’t cut your hair off. You look great with long hair and I think it suits you the best! :) I’ve had some bad cuts over the years, but the most recent was just a bit over a year ago. I wanted to get one of those “inverted bobs” because it was in style, but boy oh boy did it NOT suit my hair type and face. I hated it and it made my hair look damaged and choppy. My boyfriend used to say my hair looks like a helmet and it did.:( lol
My hair is just a tad below my shoulders now and I’m loving it and trying to grow it longer. :)
I noticed you wrote about Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer.I can’t praise coconut oil enough! It truly is a miracle product for me. I actually use it as a deep conditioner for my severely bleach-damaged hair. My hair has NEVER looked better. All thanks to wonderful coconut oil! What I do is soak my hair in CO overnight (thoroughly saturate your hair until it looks wet, it’s great to use on your scalp too,it promotes hair growth) and shampoo and condition in the morning. Make sure to put an old towel over your pillow so you don’t damage your linens. Everyone here should try this! It’s the best thing that will happen to your hair, I promise!

Chelsea June 18, 2009

I thought your hair looked cute short. I’ve gone back and forth over the years between having long and short hair, but honestly short is so much easier. I don’t think I’ll ever go back.

Krista June 18, 2009

You totally got me! I’m glad you didn’t cut it. Not because it didn’t look nice, but because your hair is so thick and healthy! I was wondering about the tank on such a cool day!

I will be stopping by Eric blog for sure! I’m glad he started one…his guest post for you was very entertaining!

Run Sarah June 18, 2009

The short style is cute! I am thinking of doing a post wedding chop but am nervous.

Amanda June 18, 2009

HAHA totally fooled! Although you are gorgeous either way I was kindof like, “Aww I really liked her hair long..”

Congrats to Erik, I will have to stop on by!

Courtney June 18, 2009

oh my gawsh – photoshop queen! that looked so real! i like the long though, happy it’s a joke!

Tammy (Defining Wellness) June 18, 2009

You totally tricked me! I thought you chopped your hair off — looks adorable that way, but I too, am a fan of long hair! So is my hubby. I will definitely stop by your husband’s blog!

Ashley @ On The Rocks June 18, 2009

I desperately need to try your cinnamon buns.

Christina June 18, 2009

haha you totally tricked me. I think you look great with short hair though!

Lori June 18, 2009

I think that haircut is so cute! You should do it!

My worst experience was a home perm when I was in my teens. It came out like a brillo pad. I almost died from embarrassment. I had to go to the hairdresser and have it straightened!

Jenn June 18, 2009

I was fooled!

I had major hair trauma only 4 weeks ago. We had an important family function to go to so I booked an appointment to get my hair cut & coloured. I really just wanted to freshen up my natural red as it had turned very blonde from the sun. I walked out of there looking like Ronald McDonald. I didn’t sleep a wink all night. In the morning then promptly got on the phone and booked a colour correction at another salon for later that day. Thank god – hair was in good shape by the time we had to go to that function. It’s funny, in the end it was the best mistake because I love the color correction so much that I’ve decided to continue going to the new (old) salon.

Kayzilla June 18, 2009

You got me! :O But I think you could pull off pretty much anything. Short hair, long hair.. whatever, lol.

High five for the PB love! I’m always a little sad to see all the bloggers with expensive almond butter, and I’m here with my sweet, delicious, PB. I seriously love PB in everything. It’s excellent to pour on veggies/lentils if you add some soy sauce.. or really any sort of sauce to it. Mmm. Homemade peanut sauce. But it’s so inexpensive to get a big ol’ jar of peanut butter, and it’s still so tasty.

I have this habit of cutting my hair a good length.. and then going shorter and shorter until it looks bad, lol. Even if someone else is cutting my hair, I’ll keep cutting it shorter! Kind of.. pushing the limit, I guess. I think I’ve only had two REALLY bad haircuts in my life, thank goodness. I’m still trying to figure out how I can convince myself to grow my hair super long. I usually get so frustrated with my hair once it goes past my shoulders, but I want to grow it long so very badly. :(

Page 1 of 3123»