Winners of the Bikini Body Boot Camp!!

Inspiring email of the day:

If this reader email is not inspiring, I don’t know what is!!!

“Angela,

I know that we’ve never met, we probably never will…but thank you.

I have been struggling with binge eating for about five months and tonight it hit me…I love myself!

I bawled while washing dishes..on the floor…while writing my thoughts down. I feel so in touch with my body. I understand my binges, I know that life hasn’t dealt me the most amazing health cards…but damn it…i have a chance to help other people.

I have spent eight years dieting, living by someone else rules, regulations, categories, weight requirements, etc. Now I am living by my own. Yeah I am about 25lbs heavier than I want to be. But I am losing this weight for me. By living a healthy lifestyle and feeding my body with the things that give it power. Not by points, starving, etc.

I feel free. Empowered. BEAUTIFUL. Honestly beautiful. Graceful. Strong. At peace.

Thank you for always being in the back of my head…knowing that someone could overcome these vicious cycle meant more to me than you could ever imagine. It has given me my life back. I feel so in control of where I am going, who I am and where I want to be.

I feel the most beautiful I’ve ever felt in my whole life.

M

Wow, simply amazing! M your experience is SO inspiring and I just wanted to thank you for sharing this! I think you can encourage and inspire MANY women out there who are struggling!

Copy of Untitled-51

Congrats to Nicole for winning the Bikini Body Boot Camp Challenge!!!

At the end of March, she gave her stats:

29” waist
37.5”  hips
34.5” bust
20.5” right thigh
21” left thigh
12.25” right and left calf
11” right and left bicep

And then on June 1st, she sent in the changes to her stats!
Waist 28 1/4”
Hips 37 1/2”
Bust 33 (down 1.5 inches!!)
Right Thigh 21.5”
Left Thigh 22”
Left Bicep 10”
Right Bicep 10 1/4”
Left Calf 13”
Right Calf 13”

She had some amazing changes to her stats, but I think the pictures truly speak to the amazing differences- especially in her CORE area (much like I experienced myself!):

Before on the left, After on the right:

BA BACK BA FRONT

Wow such great changes!

BA SIDE

Awesome Nicole! Congrats!!

Our second place winner is Krista!

Day 1 March 27th:

Arms: 9.25”
Bust: 31”
Waist (at narrowest point): 26”
Hips: 38.5”
Thighs: 21.5”

March_30,_2009

And after!

Arms: 9.5”
Bust: 31”
Waist (at narrowest point): 26”
Hips: 37”
Thighs: 21.5”

me

Wow your changes are awesome too!! I especially notice a difference in your hips and arms! You already have a super tiny waist that women would kill for. :D Great work!!!

Thank you to everyone who participated!

Angela_Signature

1 Jenna June 16, 2009

WOW!!! THIS IS SERIOUSLY INSPIRING!! I need to start bikini boot camp asap!! great job girls!!!

2 Krista June 16, 2009

HEHE! THANKS! The BBBC was so much fun and just the kick in the pants that I needed to do more than just cardio. I still check in to the challenge for exercises so I *hope* that we see a summer BBBC!

3 Anon June 16, 2009

Angela, I love your blog, but I just wanted to chime in and respectfully say I’m not sure how I feel about the way you are posting the results from other readers’ BBBC. I think it’s awesome to recognize achievement and success, but I have to say it bothers me a little that you seem to be analyzing the tiniest changes in a person’s body. Losing weight and getting toned is great, but it’s the specific comments about the tiny changes in the appearance of certain body parts that kind of bug me–I feel like that could be counterproductive and detrimental to women with self-esteem/body image issues who might have trouble reading this and then analyzing and comparing down to the tiniest details. Instead of posting the minute details (so maybe I won’t stress over the half inch of my calves that are bigger than so-and-so’s calves, for example), I would suggest that you acknowledge and praise the readers’ completion of the challenge and maybe post a general “lost X inches all over,” along with their photos. I think that using that strategy might be more in line with your overall theme of living well and being happy…not everyone is so comfortable with their body to be able to read those and be motivated–instead, some people might see that and become troubled. It’s just something to think about–I do love your blog and will continue reading, and I don’t mean to cause a stir, I just wanted to express my concern.

4 Katharina June 16, 2009

Wow!!! Congratulations ladies! You both look so strong and vibrant :)

5 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 16, 2009

Anon- Thanks for your concern. I do think you have valid points. Since this was how I set up the challenge in the beginning, I wanted to be consistent with how I posted the results. I will re-evaluate how I post them should there be another contest similar to this one.

The point of the measurements was to illustrate the fact that I wanted to get people to stop relying on the scale as a measurement tool. For myself, I have found measurements to be a positive impact on my efforts, however it can be abused just like anything else. To each their own! ~A

6 Run Sarah June 16, 2009

Both women look awesome – definitely an inspiration to work my core harder!

7 brandi June 16, 2009

congrats to the winners! what great results!

8 Erika June 16, 2009

Wow ..what wonderful changes these ladies have made…and not just in physical appearance – you can just see a glow about them as they have become healthier!

Fantastic!!! Keep it up ladies. And thank you for the wonderful inspiring story. I love reading of others triumphs…it helps us all be our best selves :)

9 Nicole June 16, 2009

I just wanted to say thank you to Ange and all of the people commenting. This challenge really got me into the habit of exercising AND helped change my mentality on weight loss. Although my weight, and inches did not change much – the photos surprised me and showed me that progress is not always shown by the scale.

10 Katherine June 16, 2009

Congratulations to Nicole and Krista! I am REALLY hoping for a summer Boot Camp :)

I also love M’s email and I’m so glad to see other readers are experiencing the positive effects your blog has had on me.

11 Jocelyn June 16, 2009

whoa! awesome job ladies!!

12 Anon June 16, 2009

Angela, thanks for responding–your approach to the challenge re: consistency makes sense, and you make a good point about the scale. But I also know from experience that the tape measure can also be a compulsion–it’s like trading in one addiction for another. But it IS a great way to show that numbers aren’t everything when you look and feel good, and I am ALL FOR THAT! Thanks again for your kind response–I appreciate your openness and I think it’s great that I’m able to express my thoughts here without getting flamed :) And bottom line, great job to those strong women who participated! I will be anxious to try your next challenge–sans measurements :)

13 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 16, 2009

Anon- Thanks for your reply- I always wonder if anyone even sees my responses, lol!
I appreciate the fact that you felt like you could be honest about something that was on your mind. I always address comments in a tactful way and I also appreciate the fact that readers don’t feel the need to gang up on any one opinion. I like the diversity and range of opinions and suggestions because everything makes me think about topics and issues in a new light and in ways that I had perhaps not considered. When I created the BBBC I wanted to think of a tangible way to judge the entries, so B+A pictures and measurements was what I selected to make it ‘fair’ to everyone. However, I do see your points about more of a focus on overall health and not minute details and I couldn’t agree more. If and when I do a summer installment, you can be sure that I will be taking your suggestions into account! Thanks for being so honest and tactful about it. :) ~A

14 amy (veganissexy) June 16, 2009

Congrats ladies! Way to get super fit for the summer! It takes so much hard work for us gals to get in shape :) YOU guys ROCK :)

15 Holly (The Healthy Everythingtarian) June 16, 2009

you go girls!

16 AGS June 16, 2009

Congrats to the winners! In general, this was an inspiring post. Such positive change — it is very encouraging.

I also like that we had some discussion about the challenge but no nastiness.

17 april June 16, 2009

Awesome job ladies! You look great!

18 Leah @ Simply Fabulous June 16, 2009

I think they both look great! … and WOW what an empowering email from M!

19 Help Meghan Run June 16, 2009

Lovely e-mail, Angela! Use that as inspiration for yourself, as well, and everything amazing that you’re doing. :)

HelpMeghanRun.com

20 Becky June 16, 2009

Congrats to the winners! They both look awesome. Angela, that is awesome that you put the time and effort into putting together a contest for others. Is there going to be a round 2??

21 Gillian June 16, 2009

That was such a beautiful email! How wonderful to learn to love oneself. It has taken me many years and it is such an incredible feeling once you get there.

And I’m enticed by the blonde shampoo in your last post! I live in Vancouver, where can I get my hands on this? Always looking to perk up the highlights!

22 Faith June 16, 2009

Angela, thank you for sharing that email, it was really, really touching! Whenever I need a little inspiration I come to your blog. Thanks for putting yourself you there and inspiring all of us!

23 kim June 16, 2009

That email really hits home, thanks for sharing. Great results for the BBBC participants!!! I definitely hope there is a summer edition as I think this is just the thing to get myself ready for my engagement photos in the fall of this year!

24 Emily June 16, 2009

Wow. That email definitely touched my heart. I have been through the exact same thing and that email is only pushing me further in the right direction to love myself and stop trying to follow rules! I love it. Thank you for sharing!!

25 TorontoGirloutWest June 16, 2009

Congratulations to the winners!!! They both look AWESOME!!! Proof of how far you can come in such a short amount of time – if you work hard! ;)

26 Halie June 17, 2009

These ladies are ready for some swimsuits. I got mine after losing 10lbs from World Swimwear.

27 Marika June 17, 2009

Congratulations to the winners! These two obviously stuck to the boot camp diligently, unlike yours truly :-). Makes me even more motivated to try it again if you do a summer edition!