You Are What You Eat

What a gorgeous day!

img 1627 thumb   You Are What You Eat

Not a cloud in the sky!

fitness thumb16   You Are What You Eat

img 1616 thumb   You Are What You Eat

Eric and I had a fun outdoor adventure today! He biked while I ran :)

Action shot! lol

img 1621 thumb   You Are What You Eat

I always run on the side of the road where there is grass and gravel because it is much easier on my joints!

About 15 minutes into the run I had to leave my jacket at home because I was super hot.

I had on SO Much GEAR!!!!

• Moleskin (on two different blisters)
  • iShuffle
  • Knee sleeves
  • hat
  • sunglasses
  • Heart Rate Monitor (Polar RS200)
  • Foot Pod
  • etc!!!

Good grief! Sometimes it feels like it takes me a half hour just to get out the door! LOL. Anyone else?? :)

The good news is the moleskin works quite nicely. It’s not 100% effective (I still felt some rubbing and discomfort) but it is a big improvement!

Before I left, I was munching on Spelt cereal right out of the box while working at my desk on some Glo Bakery stuff. I probably had 2 servings (or a bit more):

img 1609 thumb   You Are What You Eat

The carbs gave me enough energy to power through my run!

The workout:

• Distance: 5 miles (approx)
  • Duration: 45 mins
  • max heart rate: 158 bpm
  • Avg heart rate: 143 bpm
  • Feel the burn: 353 kcals

It was so much fun to be able to run beside Eric and chat! :)

We had some beautiful views:

img 1632 thumb   You Are What You Eat

I don’t have official distance and speed measurements because my foot pod died on me! I need to get the battery replaced. Unfortunately I think I have to take it into Sporting Life for that which is downtown Toronto!!!! Ugh. Does anyone know if I can replace the battery in the PolarRS 200 Foot Pod myself?

This was the farthest distance I have run since pre-injury and I was really proud of myself. The run itself felt really easy and relaxed. I swear those hill workouts on the treadmill have really whipped my heart into shape!

food thumb25   You Are What You Eat

When I got home I was starving for lunch!

I had a chickpea mishmash open faced sprouted grain bread sandwich:

img 1642 thumb   You Are What You Eat

I pureed the following:

• 1.5 cups chickpeas
  • 1 tsp garlic puree
  • paprika
  • tahini (tsp?)
  • pepper
  • 2 T water
  • 1 tsp EVOO

Then I sauteed 2-3 cups of baby organic spinach and cut up 1/2 avocado and a couple slices of tomato. I toasted up our new sprouted grain bread from WF and voila!!

img 1639 thumb   You Are What You Eat

I had it with a side of a delicious organic orange from Whole Foods:

img 1649 thumb   You Are What You Eat img 1638 thumb   You Are What You Eat

img 1637 thumb   You Are What You Eat

It was delicious!

img 1636 thumb   You Are What You Eat     img 1643 thumb   You Are What You Eat img 1644 thumb   You Are What You Eat  img 1646 thumb   You Are What You Eat  img 1648 thumb   You Are What You Eat

I also had a taste of my new Glow potion!

img 1634 thumb   You Are What You Eat

img 1635 thumb   You Are What You Eat

It was quite tasty!! I will have to keep my eyes peeled for any glow! ;)

I am off to do some leg/groin stretches (clam!!!) and then I’m going to cut the grass and help Eric with weeding.

Just in case you missed it this weekend- Shop 4 A Cause has been delayed for a couple weeks. I am working with a race organizer to get the auction in a newsletter that will be going out to 10,000 runners! Please stay tuned for updates and thank you for your patience! :)

fun thumb13   You Are What You Eat “You Are What You Eat”

Ever wonder what random people have inside their fridge and freezer? Well, now you can. Eric sent me this super interesting link. Check it out and then come back and tell me what surprised you the most!!!

I would have to say I was most surprised by the snake in the freezer as well as the bartender’s fridge!!! HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!

angela signature thumb46   You Are What You Eat

Jen May 18, 2009

Your lunch looks so satisfying! And I definitely know what you mean about taking forever to get out the door and just run! Argh. I love Health Valley’s Amaranth flakes (they’re super crunchy but so good with milk), but I’ve never tried their Spelt flakes!

I’ll check out the fridge website right now (I always welcome any way to procrastinate on work!). ;)

Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 18, 2009

Great looking lunch! I swear, avocado makes EVERYTHING better!

Jo @ Seeking Healthy Balance May 18, 2009

I am so jealous of your run – the views look amazing!

Loving those kiwi napkins :)

Jen May 18, 2009

Oh gosh, I just checked out the fridge pictures, and felt compelled to leave a second comment.

The bartender’s fridge, WHAT ON EARTH?? And the short-order cook’s snake freaked me out. Wowww, I need to take pictures of my fridge contents and see what it says about me.

Kayzilla May 18, 2009

Psst.
I’ve been watching fridges for nearly a year now. XD

Brittany May 18, 2009

The blind person had the neatest fridge

Dana May 18, 2009

wow, I wanted to throw up looking at some of those refrigerator pics!! I was really surprised at how clean and organized the blind person’s fridge was. I have to say the snake didn’t bother me as much as the dirty fridges, how can people live like that?

Susan May 18, 2009

Ha, the fridge the closest looking to mine was the journalist/obituary writer. I found that funny because I’m a journalist too! The college guy’s fridge looked the most like my boyfriend’s… and he’s 31…

P.S. Awesome run!!

Sara May 18, 2009

Love the You are What you eat shout out :) (I work for the BBC :) ) I just have to say your abs are INCREDIBLE (not to be perverse or something) WHAT do you do to get them that way??? Anything particular? I cardio my brains out, try to also focus on my abs but they’re not flat like that!!! Have a great monday!!

Jocelyn May 18, 2009

omggggggggggggggggg

Bar Tender | San Antonio, TX | 1-Person Household | Goes to sleep at 8AM and wakes up at 4PM daily. | 2008

TAKE OUT MUCH??? that is..DISGUSTING lol

and look ath te college students fridge – these are the most likely candidates to be overweight and yet they have hardly anything in their fridge..(means they gotta be eaten something..aka late night burgers) ..that was so me a few years back *shame*

Moran (The Running Addict) May 18, 2009

Oh gosh the Bartender’s is quite something….

Wiggs (The Beholder) May 18, 2009

OMG, I haven’t been able to read any blogs since I’ve been on the road and I came back to sooooo much to catch up on! It’s pretty exciting, frankly. You might like to hear this – your running has increased (speed and length-wise) by a huge amount since I last had a chance to read one of your workout posts. I’m so amazed by you and how you’re bouncing back from your injury! Love!

Jen May 18, 2009

Ugh, the snake completely grossed me out!

janetha May 18, 2009

love the mishmash openfaced goodness.

i will have to check that link out, sounds entertaining!

Colleen May 18, 2009

I have the same HRM and I just replaced the battery in mine this past week. It just takes one AAA battery. :) It is kind of a pain to take apart though.

Julie May 18, 2009

Haha fridgewatching thats hilarious! That would make a good contest or something of some sort.

What’s a footpod? Sounds really cool I used the Nike I+ which I love but restricts me to buying only Nike shoes haha

Help Meghan Run May 18, 2009

Nice inventive lunch! I like the idea of the mashed chickpeas. And that quote is lovely. :)

www. HelpMeghanRun .com

Alaska Amy May 18, 2009

Oooh, yummy looking lunch. I just realized that you got married the day after me!

As far as the battery in the foot-pod, it’s a single AAA type. I just had to replace mine. Actually, all the batteries are easy to replace and you can do them all yourself.

Hope that helps

Heather May 18, 2009

What a perfect day for a run. At least all that extra gear added a bit more weight for strength! ;)

YUM! Your lunch looks so darn good! Way to make good use of all the WF products!

Amanda May 18, 2009

I know what yo umean about the gear! I’ve cut down completely to running shoes, shorts, and a bra-top! I’ll add a wristwatch if I’m running outdoors. I’m so sick of how much I need!

Milca May 18, 2009

Wow, that was an amazing look into people’s fridge. I had to show my husband because it was hilarious. Thanks.

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) May 18, 2009

That’s one good looking chickpea mishmash!

Carine May 18, 2009

I’ve never changed my own batteries, especially not a Polar watch one, as I am afraid I will ruin it because I’m not good at changing batteries of watches. Over here, we bring our Polar watches for servicing to appointed Polar agents who will do the leek and waterproof test after changing the batteries. So if you change it yourself, be careful with the waterproof thing … Does Sporting Life do the leek and waterproof test? If they don’t, then you might as well change it yourself if you are good at it :)

Carrie May 19, 2009

OMG! Gross! I must go home and clean out my fridge now! The college student one was so funny and so true!