Eating Clean And Green

img 0805 thumb   Eating Clean And Green

I have been a busy bee today! After I did some more organizing in the kitchen, I put together my friend’s stagette gift! I had some fun valentine’s day garland leftover so I used that for my inspiration.

I got her some sexy lingerie! All I can say is that her hubby to be is one lucky man!! lol

img 0806 thumb   Eating Clean And Green img 0807 thumb   Eating Clean And Green

With the garland wrapped around it and a homemade heart shaped card:

img 0812 thumb   Eating Clean And Green img 0813 thumb   Eating Clean And Green

fitness thumb8   Eating Clean And Green After that I had a pre-workout snack, same as yesterday:

img 0731 thumb1   Eating Clean And Green

This pre-workout snack REALLY energizes me. I felt on fire today!!! I haven’t always been good about having a pre-workout snack, but now that I am seeing the amazing energy benefits I am going to stick with it!

I had lots of energy today so I cranked up my workout!!

I try to always get in a good workout on the days where I will be drinking at night- it helps with the extra empty calories that will likely be consumed in all kinds of excess tonight!!! whaha.

The workout:

• Duration: 55 mins.
  • Speed: 3.9-4.0 mph, incline 15%
  • Max heart rate: 169 bpm
  • Avg heart rate: 155 bpm
  • Feel the burn: 483 kcals

I got off and did a couple reverse planks today! And I decided to make it the BBBC challenge for the weekend. Please excuse the sweat- I was in the middle of my workout and dripping!! EW!! It was an amazing feeling afterwards though. :)

untitled51 thumb4   Eating Clean And GreenDay 44 + 45 (May 9 + 10):  Let’s do some reverse planks this weekend! I did my first one last night and man are they challenging. It is really tough on the arms to keep your body raised high for a long time. To two of them today for as long as you can and two on Sunday!

img 0817 thumb1   Eating Clean And Green

Yea, that is a whole lotta sweaty! I can’t believe I’m posting this picture!!! I have no shame, do I?

food thumb16   Eating Clean And Green I was hungry for lunch around 1pm. I knew that I wanted to keep my eating clean all day since I will be drinking tonight, so I tried to make it as green as possible!

img 0830 thumb   Eating Clean And Green

With a flatbread PC bun with non-hydrogenated Becel Olive Oil Margarine and parsley:

img 0832 thumb   Eating Clean And Green

To give you an idea of how HUGE this bowl of salad is, here are the dimensions:

Height: 3 3/4 inches

Width: 7 1/2 inches

BIG, eh!!! :)

img 0829 thumb   Eating Clean And Green

Ingredients:

• 1 heart of organic romaine lettuce
  • 1 cup baby organic spinach
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/2 english cuke
  • balsamic vinaigrette
  • sesame seeds
  • Black beans (trying to use them up!)

With a side of paint chips :)

img 0827 thumb   Eating Clean And Green

This lunch rocked my socks!!!!!

img 0828 thumb   Eating Clean And Green

And a new Stash tea: Chocolate mint!!!!!! It was delicious!

img 0833 thumb   Eating Clean And Green

I’ve got my eye on a raw granola bar for a snack later on!

Good news: I am currently working on some FAQ’s to post tonight! Stay tuned :) After that, it is more organizing in the kitchen (pictures to come).

Then I need to decide what to wear tonight!!!!!!!! What does one wear to a drag show in Toronto?? lol. :) I can’t wait, it has been so long since I’ve had a fun girls night!

Today’s question: When you will be going out and splurging on food and or drinks, do you try to eat clean and get in a good workout that day? What is your favorite drink at the bar??

Ciao!

angela signature thumb20   Eating Clean And Green

Leah @ simply Fabulous May 9, 2009

Awesome work out and lunch! Great gift for jen. Lucky girl…and hubby to be lol! Enjoy your night :)

lesley May 9, 2009

I saw that Stash tea flavor the other day and thought, “I think I need to try that soon” … glad to hear you liked it. I whipped up something similar to your raw chocolate chip cookies a little bit ago and the dough was amazing … yum!! I would never thought to make your own chocolate chips like that but man, they were SO good! Thanks for the great ideas : )

Allie May 9, 2009

Hey Angela-
I have a Q about the coconut oil that you say you put on your bosy after every shower. How long does it take to seep into your skin? My dermatologist recommended to me to put on Eucerin cream while still sopping wet out of the shower (you have to rub rub rub it in), and it does wonders for my really dry skin, but I have to alot at least an hour post-shower to hanging around and not sitting down for it to properly absorb. How you you combat this problem (or perhaps cocnut oil does not present this issue?)

Danielle May 9, 2009

When it comes to letting loose and having fun I always think that a clean day of eating and exercising is the best preparation, I usually follow by the same as well.

Have fun tonight! …and good luck figuring out what to wear, I’d be stumped!

Heather May 9, 2009

That salad looks amazing! Sesame seeds sound PERFECT in there! You should try a granny smith apple in that exact salad sometime… YUM!

Haha, have a great time tonight. Sounds like it’s gonna be a bit crazy! ;)

Brittany May 9, 2009

I wish I could fit in an hour everyday for a challenging workout! There is just never ever enough time in a day it seems.. how do you do it!

Katharina May 9, 2009

I’m going to have to try one of your raw food recipes soon. Soon as in.. maybe tomorrow? I think so!

Christina May 9, 2009

Amazing salad!

I always make sure I get a workout in when I know I’ll be splurging at night.

Have an awesome time tonight!

Jocelyn May 9, 2009

fave drink at the bar : fuzzy peach or electric popsicle (alot of bars dont have them..but when they do..oh man dangerous!)

Crunchy Granola Girl May 9, 2009

I feel better going out if I get a good workout in earlier in the day and I try to eat something substantial before because I tend to be a lightweight. My favorite drink is a 007- vodka, organge juice, and 7-up! Have fun tonight :)

Shelby May 9, 2009

You still look gorgeous girl, even though you’re sweaty!

I’m loving that huge salad, that must have tasted so delicious!

emily May 9, 2009

My favorite drink at a bar is Jack Daniels with gingerale.

Marina May 9, 2009

Hi Angela,

I´ve just recently come across your blog, and I really enjoy reading it! Good luck with your bakery! Looks like you´re really dedicating a lot of work to it, and I hope it surpasses your expectations.

As for nights when I´ll be out on the town, I try to eat clean and get in some exercise, but I also make sure to have a good snack right before leaving. I know that if I don´t do that I´ll be the girl ordering a huge plate of fries at the bar as soon as I´ve had my first drink :)

Have fun tonight!

anna May 10, 2009

I’m curious one piece of bread was your breakfast and a bowl of greens for lunch? I think is kinda low I know everybody it’s different but my gosh!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 10, 2009

Anna- No the bread wasn’t my breakfast, it was my pre-workout snack. I ate breakfast before that. Remember I don’t show everything I eat on the blog! :) My salads are also packed with seeds, nuts, healthy fats, and beans. The salads I eat alone come in at around 600 calories with all the nuts, avocado and whatnot.

Debbie May 10, 2009

I have a tip for the cupcakes and how to not make such a mess and make them all the same size – use an icecream scooper. The kind that has the bar that runs back and forth. Fill the ice scream scoop full of cupcake batter and then squeeze the bar to relaease into the cup cake pan. Easy and a lot less of a mess.

Kate November 5, 2009

Definitely I make sure I get a good workout in before a night of drinking. I also make sure I drink a TON more water than normal during the day, and even throughout the evening inbetween drinks. My absolute favorite drink is red wine: preferably Pinot Noir. Mmm it makes my insides warm and happy! But at the bar with the boys, I have to show off my “cool girl drinking” skills and will drink beer and take shots with them. My favorite beer is Yuengling but can only get that on the east coast, so Coors Light does the trick!

Kate November 5, 2009

Oh, I also make sure I eat a really filling meal, which tends to help in the post-drinking eating binges. I always feel so gross when I eat at 2am after drinking!

annette July 14, 2010

I just recently found your blog and really enjoy it. I’ve also just started to ‘eat clean’. The ‘Flatbread PC Bun’ looks amazingly delicious (love bread!). Is this something you made or purchased?