Special Delivery!

Look who I found sleeping on the scrap reno cloths??

IMG_0530

The third cat, Clancy, was sleeping underneath some drop sheets on the floor. That crazy cat!

Sketchie can’t stop cleaning them both. I think they find it annoying after a while. lol.

IMG_0523

I think we worked my brother too hard yesterday. lol.

IMG_0505

He worked from 8:30am til about 1am. Now that’s what I’m talking about! We were up late again last night. Drill drill drill.

We treat him pretty good though, I’d say. :)

IMG_0507

Look how green that lawn is!

IMG_0508 IMG_0509

fitness Well if I was drained in yesterday’s workout because of lack of fuel, today I was drained because of lack of sleep! I only got about 6 hours max last night so I was really feeling sluggish on the treadmill this morning. I didn’t hit my ‘stride’ until 25 minutes! I hate when that happens. I kept turning the music up louder, and louder, and louder. lol.

Workout stats:

• Duration: 50 mins
  • 3.6 mph, incline 15% (max)
  • Max heart rate: 162 bpm
  • Avg heart rate: 145 bpm
  • Feel the burn: 424 kcals

Do you hold onto cardio equipment when you workout? You might want to re-think holding onto the cardio machine after you read this!

I did a little experiment today!

My heart rate was holding stead around 160 bpm (speed 3.6, incline 15%). I decided to hold onto the bar on the treadmill to see how much my heart beat dropped.

It dropped a whopping 30 beats per minute!!! Down to 130 bpm. WOW! Think about that next time you want to hold on.

To get the same amount of drop, I had to decrease my incline by 8%! I decreased the incline to 7% instead of 15% and it was around 130 bpm.

BBBC– If you are looking for the BBBC updates I am just posting them on the BBBC page right now- don’t worry they will still be there each day!

fun

We also got a special delivery today!

IMG_0532

Any guesses???

Later today I am going to try one of the vegan cupcake recipes for our celebration dinner tonight! Today is going to be crazy busy I hope I can get it all done.

Have a lovely day! :D

Angela_Signature

1 brandi May 5, 2009

cats are so funny!

that is HUGE box! I have no clue what it is.

2 Sarah (lovINmytummy) May 5, 2009

I see people holding on to the cardio equipment and then staring at the calorie counter like somehow it is accurate and I want so badly to say something. But then I realize that if someone did that to me, I would want to punch them in the head, so I just move my arms around really over-emphasizing that they are not holding on to anything and hope that they get the hint.

I look ridiculous, but I do it for the people.

3 Jennifer May 5, 2009

How funny are your cats! My cat always cleans my dogs and they get mad at him! I don’t hold on to cardio equipment, it feels really awkward to me. I have no idea what is in that box, furniture? Glo Bakery tools?

4 Amy May 5, 2009

Yes, thanks for pointing that out!! Holding on is bad for your back and your stride. You’re just not doing yourself any favors by holding on, because you aren’t working your legs as hard because you are holding on, and making it easier.

So thanks for the experiment to prove it!

5 Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 5, 2009

I haven’t held on to cardio equipment since i got my own HRM… now i think its kinda annoying!
I think the box is… umm… cabinets?

6 AlliJag May 5, 2009

LOL – love the cats – I like that you can barely see Sketchie’s ears of the scrap pile – but he’s still looking at the camera!

7 Christina May 5, 2009

I usually hold on to the elliptical when going backwards on it. I can’t help it, I have bad balance! Never do it on the treadmill though

8 Diana May 5, 2009

I don’t usually hold on.
I think there is a bookcase in that box.
Diana

9 Leila May 5, 2009

Cool test. It’s can be dangerous when running to hold on, people seem to not pay attention when they are doing so. Last weekend at the gym I saw a woman who was holding on and misstepped. She then flew backwards and hit the wall behind the treadmills. Really scary and dangerous. Thankfully she was okay.

10 MaryBe May 5, 2009

I don’t know what’s in the box, but the words ‘fully assembled’ make me happy!

11 Jenna May 5, 2009

oooo that is one BIG box! :) I can’t wait to see what it is!!

I usually don’t hold on it feels awkward. Usually only if I get off balance. hahah I can’t run/ walk straight for anything, embarassing!

12 Courtney May 5, 2009

those boys are so funny, rolling around on the ground :) great photos! And what a fabulous workout… I don’t know how you handle that much time on the treadmill :)

13 Courtney May 5, 2009

I wish I had the patience, I do! You’re inspiring :)

14 Shelby May 5, 2009

I have to hold on when I’m exercising because I’m such a klutz!

15 BethAnn May 5, 2009

Sketchie is too cute lol…I don’t think my cat (Dwight) would be that friendly…he’s a little crazy! I’ve been wanting to get a watch that tracks my calories/heart rate/mileage…do you have any suggestions for something that would be “inexpensive” since I’m kind of a poor college student lol. Interesting experiment by the way…wouldn’t have thought of it. Hope the rest of your day goes swell! :)

16 Run Sarah May 5, 2009

That is awesome of your brother to help you guys out! I don’t hold onto cardio machines as I don’t feel the burn as much when I do.

17 Erin May 5, 2009

Look how cool your cat is with that funky pattern.

18 Lauren May 5, 2009

I need my sleep! I feel for you! Hope you get some more tonight! ONce again, I LOVE your blog!!! :)

19 Heather May 5, 2009

You have the cutest kitties! They look as sleepy as you sound ;)
Can’t wait to hear what was in the mystery package!

20 Chloe May 5, 2009

I love, love, love your blog! Thanks to you, I’ve been green monster-ing for the past week!!

great pictures of the cats- so cute!

21 Lindsay May 5, 2009

My back usually ends up hurting when I don’t move my arms, so I rarely hold on.

22 weight and meditate May 5, 2009

What’s in there??? A giant cat? Lots of Green Monsters?

23 Leah @ Simply Fabulous Now May 6, 2009

I’ve done that experiment before on the stepper and it’s crazy what a difference it makes eh???

Your flowers look so pretty! :)

Chris looks whipped!