Sweet Wheat Sugar Cookies + Bridal Modeling Pictures

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on March 19, 2009

Good afternoon!

This is going to be a HUGE picture post today! :) I hope you enjoy…

Feast your eyes on the latest Glo Bakery products

Sweet Wheat Sugar Cookies

These cookies are a healthy take on the traditional sugar cookie!

I used Non-hydrogenated Olive Oil Margarine, whole wheat flour, Natural Cane Sugar, Almond Milk, etc. I also slashed the sugar and fat quantities! The best part is they taste FAB!

Some new cookie cutters:

Baby bottles, baby soothers, carriage, wedding cake, umbrella, heart, engagement ring:

IMG_7411

B-A-B-Y Shower stuff:

IMG_7415

A Decorated Martini Glass– this would be perfect for birthdays, Girl’s Night’s, or Bachlorette Parties!

IMG_7417

A Wedding Cake: I will be using this for wedding showers and Wedding Favours

IMG_7435   IMG_7433

An engagement ring! Perfect for Engagement parties and Bachelorettes:

IMG_7426 IMG_7432 IMG_7430

More Baby Shower cutsie stuff:

IMG_7419

All Together:

IMG_7421

That was fun!

This is only my 2nd time decorating cookies, so I still need much more practice until I feel comfortable with it. My hand can be shaky at times! That is the hardest part.

As you probably noticed, I did not decorate all of the different cookies yet! Stay tuned for more of those later this week.

I have a BIG mess to clean up in the kitchen now….yikes!!!

Bridal Photography Workshop:

Talented Photographer, Jen Grantham, took the following beautiful photos at Dave and Charlotte’s Wedding Workshop:

Just your average couple chillin on the spiral staircase:

wedding_workshop-37

Why Hello Mr. Husband. I love how sexy his scar looks!

wedding_workshop-97

First…errr….second dance. ;)

wedding_workshop-185

What’s he whispering in my ear?

wedding_workshop-205

wedding_workshop-211

I love this classic Black and White shot:

wedding_workshop-60a

Charlie’s Angels:

wedding_workshop-179b

The model on the left with the brunette hair, Vlada, is an amazing + beautiful Russian model. She has worked with L’Oreal, Diesel, Coors Light, Pure, the Venetian Hotel, and many more. I felt excited just to be posing with her!

A Cropped close-up:

wedding_workshop-179b

Stay tuned for many more pictures from the workshop! They will be trickling in from different photographers all week! :)

I am off to clean up my baking mess, eat lunch (a bit late!), and then hit the treadmill for a heart-pumping workout! See you tonight! :)

Today’s Question: What do you want your wedding dress to look like? What style? Color? Details? If you already have a wedding dress- tell me what it looks like!

I LOVE Wedding gowns!!! I hope I can try other gowns on in future workshops- Dave and Charlotte would like me to do more. :)

Angela_Signature

girlrunningaround March 19, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Beautiful pics! Looks like you guys had fun!

Ashley March 19, 2009 at 2:16 pm

gorgeous gorgeous pics ang! your makeup looked phenomenal! this was such a cool experience you got to have!!

Meghan March 19, 2009 at 2:16 pm

I loveeee the cookies!! I want the Martini glass one..now. Hope you ship to the US :)

I want an elegant yet simple gown, most likely no beading for me but I am up for some lace. Maybe a sash as well, I could go strapless or straps..not that I have thought about it or anything..

Priyanka March 19, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Today’s pictures are awesome. You look fabulous modeling and BTW I believe you could give the Russian model a run for her money.I agree the B&W shot is amazing!

Also the Martini glass cookie is my favorite!!

Annie March 19, 2009 at 2:20 pm

YES! I was so excited to see your pictures in this post. They turned out beeeeautiful! ESP the B&W shot. Love it! <3

Also, great job on the cookies! They look delish!

Krista March 19, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Your cookies look great and the photos are stunning! :)

Erin March 19, 2009 at 2:32 pm

I love the martini glass cookie, so cute!

The pictures came out great you look gorgeous!

aron March 19, 2009 at 2:34 pm

ahhhh soooo fun!!! love all the pics!

LOVE your cookies too!!!

Marisa(Trim The Fat) March 19, 2009 at 2:37 pm

You look absolutely stunning! I love the cookies, too – I think you did a great job decorating for it only being your second time!!!

RunToFinish March 19, 2009 at 2:56 pm

fun cookies and amazing pictures!! you look fantastic!

Jessica March 19, 2009 at 3:05 pm

those pictures are gorgeous!!!! I especially love the black and white classic one of you two! :)

Laura March 19, 2009 at 3:09 pm

Just found a recipe that seemed right up your alley..

It’s for a chocolate banana bread, but instead of using butter they use prunes. I’m not sure if you’ve tried the prune substitute before but it seemed like a great/healthy substitute for baking. I’m definitely going to give it a try!

Bec March 19, 2009 at 3:16 pm

all the pictures look gorgeous! I can’t wait to see more :)

brandi March 19, 2009 at 3:17 pm

the pictures are beautiful! i love the idea of wheat sugar cookies :)

I already got married, but I loved my dress. I’ll have to send a picture.

Lisa March 19, 2009 at 3:23 pm

I cant believe it is only your 2nd time decorating the cookies look fab! I love the wedding cakes they would be the best favors! I’ll have to keep them in mind :)

And I love your makeup in the pics

Baylee March 19, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Wow!! I love all of your cookies!! only 2nd time, eh? ive tried decorating cookies thousands and thousands of times and they still look like a kindergartener’s handy work. haha.

You two look SOOOOO great in your pictures!!!

Abby March 19, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Those pictures are gorgeous, and the cookies look great!

I got married almost two years ago (crazy!) and had a really simple dress from the J Crew wedding line; natural silk halter, cut on a bias (I’m still not entirely sure I know what that means). It was perfect.

Amy March 19, 2009 at 3:40 pm

Ahh this makes me so excited. I just got engaged a few days ago and cannot believe I’ll be wearing a wedding dress someday. I have NO CLUE what I want…probably not a lot of pouffy (sp?) underneath.

Colleen March 19, 2009 at 3:46 pm

Those cookies look wonderful and you look soooooo beautiful!

Sally March 19, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Your decorated cookies are so cute! What do you do with all of your sample baked goods?

Also, gorgeous modeling photos!

Jen March 19, 2009 at 3:58 pm

Thanks for posting these Angela!

I love the cookies too!

Rachel March 19, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Your cookies look fantastic! You’re very talented and I would definitely buy from you.

My favorite picture is the black and white one and I agree…scars are hot on guys! lol

My perfect dress would be a strappless cinderella dress where it’s fitted on the top then has the ballroom bottom…one day!

Leah March 19, 2009 at 4:33 pm

Love the cookies!

The wedding photos are AMAZING! Love them ALL!

My wedding dress is my fav… lots of sparkle in the bust, fitted torso, wrapped waist, a-line, strapless, corset back…va va voom. I cannot wait to try it on when I am home!!! I hope it’s in!! I ordered it at Christmas so i’m just praying it’s in! :)

katecooks March 19, 2009 at 4:38 pm

i think the decorating looks pretty good too! when i get married, i know that the perfect dress will magically happen :) but it might be pouffy…i have a weird obsession with a very classic but BIG dress bottom! so i can twirl in it i guess :)

VeggieGirl March 19, 2009 at 4:46 pm

Lovely cookies and BEYOND GORGEOUS PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!

Haleigh March 19, 2009 at 5:26 pm

The cookies look adorable! And those photos are amazing! I just posted some photos from my wedding on my blog, if you would like to see what my wedding dress looked like!

amy (veganissexy) March 19, 2009 at 5:32 pm

You looked gorgeous! I am loving the sparkly engagement ring cookie :) So cute! My wedding dress was mermaid style, strapless, sweetheart neckline, and covered in battenburg lace. To. Die. For. I have pics on my blog under the Valentine’s day post. I can’t wait to see how your cookie decorating progresses. I think you are doing really good so far :)

ttfn300 March 19, 2009 at 5:33 pm

LOVELY photos!! and cute cookies, too :)

Sarah March 19, 2009 at 6:05 pm

OMG! You’ve got MAD cookie decorating SKILLZ!

Sara March 19, 2009 at 6:30 pm

Those cookies, and the pics, look fabulous!! Great job!

M March 19, 2009 at 6:32 pm

The cookies look great! When do you predict your bakery will be up and running?

I also love the wedding photos! Were you happy with the pictures?

I love your blog! I read it everyday! :-)

haya (living and learning) March 19, 2009 at 6:34 pm

beautiful cookies! that is pretty good for only a second time decorating. you’ll only improve from here!

what are you doing with all the stuff you’ve been baking? is it up to eric to consume? i know my boyfriend loves it when i test bake a bunch of stuff because he gets whatever he wants from them!

i haven’t thought too much about my wedding dress yet. i think simple, clean lines maybe with some bead or lace work. i kind of really want a beach wedding, so if we go that way, i guess i’ll have a nice beachy dress that isn’t crazy fancy.

Jillian March 19, 2009 at 6:46 pm

Your pictures turned out gorgeous!! And the cookies look great.. looove the martini glass one!
I’m getting married June 6th of this year, and this is my dress:
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3185 :)

Clean veggie March 19, 2009 at 8:02 pm

wow – your so talented at icing those cookies!!

Meg- Live. Love. Laugh. Eat. Learn. March 19, 2009 at 8:14 pm

The cookies and the pictures are beautiful!!!

Kaneil, balanceisbest March 19, 2009 at 8:16 pm

you did an AWESOME job on the cookies – I can’t believe it’s only your second time decorating! I hate the shaky hand problem. You’ll get better though!

The pics are incredible!!!

I have no clue what I want my dress to look like – but I do know what I DONT like. I’ll keep those comments to myself. :) My older sister just sent me a pic of her future gown yesterday! She’s getting married in october – the dress is amazing – totally unexpected. Sweetheart neckline, strapless, slightly ruched to the mid-hip and then a slight mermaid. So pretty!

melissa (fitnessnyc) March 19, 2009 at 8:46 pm

Wow, how does it feel to be more beautiful than the models? You are gorgeous, and the hubbies a cutie too! PS it makes me really happy to hit “getting glowing” to post my comments!

Em March 19, 2009 at 9:17 pm

I agree with everyone, the black and white shot is awesome! I also found your hubby to be quite the natural on his pics! They’re all very nice!!

I made my wedding dress… We’re generations of seamstresses in the family, my grandmother actually was quite famous for her sewing, and I was lucky enough to inherit a few of her skills, though not all. My aunt did both of my cousins’ wedding dresses as well. Mine was quite simple, we were pretty broke at the time, so I made an empire waist dress, off the shoulders, gathered neckline, slightly flared at the ankles, floor length. I wore it with long gloves. I had no veil, we couldn’t afford one, we also had no party, no favors, and I cooked dinner!! I actually modified the dress and fitted it for a another poor bride a few months later. Recycling at its best :)

What do you use to decorate the cookies? Also, when I paint details, and I can’t have a shaky hand, I find it useful to have a two-level table: I rest my arm on the upper ledge, and put the item on the lower ledge a few inches down, and avoid the shaky “freehand”. Maybe that would work for you?

Hangry Pants March 19, 2009 at 10:49 pm

Your pictures look wonderful!

And you did a great job with the cookies! I can’t believe it was only your second time – they look quite professional.

Lara (Thinspired) March 20, 2009 at 1:36 am

Such amazing photos! The black and white is my favorite!!!

Indianapolis Wedding Rental September 13, 2009 at 5:14 pm

The wedding photos look amazing and so do the cookies. I liked the black and white photo, very cool.

Giant Fortune Cookies February 22, 2010 at 11:10 am

u guys looking very cute . u r one of those whom we can say made for each other , and cookies are also very marvelous and seems delicious . yummy .. i love chocolates . i love all those stffs in which chocolate flavor is added

Martha September 2, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Where can I find your recipe for the Sweet Wheat Sugar Cookies? I can’t seem to find it. Thanks!

Melissa J Haft July 18, 2017 at 7:37 pm

can i have the recipe please for the sugar cookies? Thx!

Lynndel December 11, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Hello,
I love the pics and the cookies look great! Where can I find the recipe? I’d like to make these for family for Christmas.
Lynndel

Carolyn Cruz December 18, 2014 at 9:06 am

Where’s the recipe for the cookies? Can’t find it.

Nathalia December 21, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Hi,

Lovely wedding photos. I am such a huge fan of your cookbook and this blog. However, I cannot find the actual recipe for these sugar cookies. Is there an alternative hyperlink? Thank you. Enjoy the holidays.