The 2009 Oscars: Best Dressed Celebrity Fashion

Good evening!

The hummus saga went on all day. I wrestled with it, and banged it, and fought it, and nothing. In a desperate attempt, I even put it underneath the oven fan to dry and pull out the moisture. haha. It was a sight for sore eyes I tell you.

I had to walk away from it for a while and then mentally prepare myself to wrestle it again. Still nothing.

Hubby gets home, chalk full with his man power, and frees my hummus within 10 seconds. I stood there in awe. Half deleriously happy, half deleriously angry.

I didn’t even bother asking.

“I musta loosened it for ya…” I said with a sly smile.

I silently scooped out my dead hummus into the compost bin and had a private funeral service for it.

Note to self: do not put piping hot chickpeas directly into the processor. Man, is this machine moody.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crap Free Week, Day 3

Today has been going well!

I fought off the sugar demons after dinner.

Angela 1, Sugar Demons 0

My kitchen is a war zone right now because I have about 30+ decorated sugar cookies, a loaf of my oil-free Apple Pumpkin bread, and 6 muffins. None of which I have sampled! Go me!

Late afternoon (around 4:30-5pm) I had 1 and 1/2 servings (about 20 crackers) of Amy’s Organic Crackers in Onion flavour. I also had a Cashew Cookie Larabar.

img_6083

Then we had dinner around 7:30pm:

Dinner was an Amy’s Organic Veggie Burger + 1/2 avocado + Slice of tomato + 1 huge handful of sauteed spinach over 1 piece of toasted whole wheat bread. I had a side of raw organic carrot for some volume.

img_6061

Look at the beautiful sky at dusk! I love how the days are getting longer now. :D Spring is right around the corner…

img_6062

I was majorly craving sugar for dessert. After slicing Eric a thick piece of pumpkin bread slathered in margarine….I settled for a small bowl of Spelt cereal and almond breeze (not shown).

for my night time snack, I had another green drink (3 today!!!). I find they help control my sugar cravings as soon as I drink one. Immediately after the sugar craving was gone. Must be the good fats from the flax and the green power of the spinach. Yes, green power is a technical term. :D

img_6084

So there you have it! Day 3 of Crap Free Week.

I hope I have gotten through the hardest parts!!

In just 3 days I am feeling much better….I can’t wait to see what a week of this will bring.

Other Good News:

I did 12 minutes of yoga today!

I did the episode called ‘Finding Freedom’…it was low-key and just what I needed, nothing too tough. It feels so good to be moving my BODY! As much as I want to break out into a 2-mile Army Fitness Test I resisted myself. I’ve come this far, I’m not going to screw up my recovery now!

Oh She Glow’s Best Dressed at the Oscars

Here are my picks for best dressed!

vanessa-hudgens-zac-efron-vanity-fair-1

Vanessa Hudgens

56822708

Miley Cyrus

Was2186705

Penelope Cruz

kate-winslet-2009-oscars-13

Kate Winslet

anne-hathaway-2009-oscars-04

Anne Hathaway

56826191

Jennifer Anniston

angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-2009-oscars-35

Angelina Jolie

Click Read More to find out my vote for best dressed!

My best dressed vote goes to Natalie Portman!

natalie-portman-2009-oscars-3

When I saw her on the red carpet my jaw dropped! She looked stunning.

Her dress was unique and a pop of colour among the sea of neutrals.

That’s how I knew she was my favourite pick…it was the only celeb that I had that reaction.

natalie-portman-2009-oscars-2

These pictures really don’t do it justice. The dress had so much flow and movement when she walked!

Truly elegant, yet still young and fresh!

She also had the most stunning make-up:

oscars09_portman

She is one of the most beautiful celebs in my opinion!

Who was your favourite dressed at The Oscars?

Stay tuned tomorrow for the worst dressed at The Oscars as well as the fashion trends that were all over the red carpet! I will also be showing video highlights of the best oscar moments…as well as the awkward moment between Jen, Brad, and Angie.

I will also be answering your Crap free Week questions!

1 Emily February 23, 2009

I thought Jennifer Aniston looked good too. I loved Natalie Portman’s dress also :)

2 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) February 23, 2009

YUM Avocado! love it.

I loved so many dresses. It would be hard for me to pick a favorite. Natalie Portman looked fantastic!

3 Celia February 23, 2009

OOooo I love those dresses!!! Oh wait … DOES ANYONE ELSE THINKS THAT MILEY CYRUS DRESSED UP WAY TOO MATURELY FOR HER AGE?!!!!!!

4 Laura February 23, 2009

I loved Penelope Cruz too! She was probably my favorite. I also really liked Marisa Tomei’s dress.

5 Michelle Hisae February 23, 2009

I did around 12ish minutes of yoga, too! Haha. It was a 20 minute session, but a little less seemed sufficient. Hey, any yoga is good yoga! Go us!

6 jenngirl February 23, 2009

Congrats on a successful CFday!! And that dinner looks stunning, I just bought my first Amy’s burgers yesterday, can’t wait to try them!!

I agree that Natalie Portman was amazing, I think Jennifer Aniston was stunning as well :)

7 theoodbod February 23, 2009

keep battling with that food processor. the green power will see you through it!

8 AshleyH February 24, 2009

I love your neon green smoothies! I would love to start drinking those in the morning. But I cant have bananas because of a food intolerance what would you suggest as a good started combo for me? Thanks so much! :)

9 Sally February 24, 2009

Why did you have to throw away the hummus?

I liked Natalie Portman’s dress as well but overall I thought the looks this year were a bit boring. I don’t know – everyone seemed to be playing it safe. I like to see some bold fashion sometimes!

10 Leah February 24, 2009

Looks like an awesome day of eats…. 3 green monsters, you are on fire!

Natalie Portman looked so amazing! What a colour on her! Wow!

11 Danielle February 24, 2009

You’re doing great with Crap-Free week! I definitely believe you when you say it’s tough but you’re going to feel so great AND accomplished when you’re done. Keep it up! Go you :)

Gah, I wish I were able to watch the Oscars… until then I’m living vicariously through your opinions of best- and worst-dressed, which seem pretty accurate to me!

12 sarah (ghost world) February 24, 2009

totally agree about natalie — she is my pick as well! i also really liked penelope cruz’s dress – i feel like it would make a GORGEOUS wedding gown! usually, i love what kate winslet wears, but not this time!

13 VeggieGirl February 24, 2009

Love the eats and fashion recap!!

14 Amanda February 24, 2009

I feel your pain with the homemade hummus. I tried your recipe last week (delish!!) and can offer the following advice…use an immersion blender with caution! I started to puree the chick peas, and chopped chickpeas went flying across the kitchen. AAH!!

I spent more time cleaning up chickpea bits than I did making the hummus. I eventually put the bowl in the sink and half covered it with a towel. Luckily the chick peas behaved once I added the tahini, water, and lemon juice.

The hummus was a winner – just a bit messier than I had anticipated!

15 The Almost City Girl February 24, 2009

I totally agree Natalie Portman’s dress and overall look was amazing. I must say that my top choices were also all the same. I also liked the dress Anne Hathaway had on when they brought her on stage in the beginning.

16 dailygoods February 24, 2009

way to beat out the demons! you did awesome today girll!

17 Becky February 24, 2009

so sad you had to throw your hummus out. I am trying to think, was there anything perishable in it?

18 Holly February 24, 2009

That is awesome! I might need to try a Green Monster if it helps with sugar cravings. :-)

I think Jennifer Aniston and Natalie’s dresses were absolutely beautiful. And I love Penelope’s…I heard it was 60 years old?!!

19 brandi February 24, 2009

Glad the hubby saved the hummus :)

I LOVE Natalie Portman, so I was happy to see her in such a beautiful dress.

20 Diana (Soap & Chocolate) February 24, 2009

Well done on the crap free front!

My pick for best dressed has to be Marisa Tomei – I had your Natalie Portman reaction when I saw her, hot damn.

21 Nicole February 24, 2009

I am obsessed with Natalie Portman. Ever since I saw her digital short on SNL, it’s been love.

22 Marianne February 28, 2009

I know everyone loved Kate Winslet’s dress, but I hated it. It’s the neckline. Something about it just doesn’t work for me. It doesn’t flow the way I would like it to. I think it’s just too abrupt with the one shoulder deal.

Also not a fan of Miley Cyrus’ dress. It’s just odd.

My favourite dress was Frieda Pinto. I thought it was beautiful. And I loved Angelina’s jewellery. Love green!