Moroccan Stir-Fry

Good afternoon lovies!

Well, I’ve gone and done it now! I made homemade hummus this afternoon and it is TRAPPED!

My food processor can be a bit frustrating at times. It has to lock a certain way and it can be very difficult to lock and unlock. I like to call it moody. :) Anyways…

I cooked my chickpeas on the stovetop and then I made the mistake of not letting the chick peas cool before using them in my food processor. Well, the steam + moisture apparently ‘set off’ my processor and when I tried to open the lid and unlock it after processing, well, it won’t open!!!

And the BASE won’t unlock unless the TOP is unlocked!

My hummus is trapped!!!!!!! *horror screams*

Just look what I had to do to get a few scoops of hummus for my lunch! Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Luckily I was able to get some!

img 6073   Moroccan Stir Fry

I had to shimmy this spoon down the processor’s chimney!

Lunch was Crap Free and Fantastic!

Moroccan Stir-Fry

img 6075   Moroccan Stir Fry

Crap Free Ingredients:

• 1 handful baby organic spinach
  • 3 Tbsp homemade hummus
  • 1 large orange pepper
  • 1/2 cup red onion
  • 1/2 cup chickpeas
  • 1 Tbsp Tabouli

Directions: Chop veggies and cook in a skillet on low-med. heat in 2 Tbsp. of light dressing. Mix in chickpeas, spinach, and Tabouli near the end of cooking.

img 6074   Moroccan Stir Fry

It was So so so good. I will be making this again!

img 6079   Moroccan Stir Fry

I also had my second smoothie of the day:

Banana Spinach Smoothie

img 6070   Moroccan Stir Fry

3 handfuls of baby organic spinach

2 ice cubes (always have these and they help so much)

1 cup Almond Breeze in Original

1 Tbsp flax

1 small banana

img 6071   Moroccan Stir Fry

I couldn’t get over this taste difference with an all spinach smoothie! You basically can’t taste the spinach AT ALL. Kale is much more bitter.

If you are nervous about trying a green smoothie I strongly suggest starting with spinach only smoothies! They go down like butta :D

Mid-morning I have an apple for a snack:

img 6082   Moroccan Stir Fry

PS- My nails have been super healthy (and growing like weeds) since I started having my green smoothies each morning. Look mom no white spots! lol. I think my hair is growing faster too!

Well, I better go check on the trapped hummus. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it open??? Agh!! This is my model:

I’m going to do some Yoga Today! I’m so excited to get back into yoga. :) Check out Yoga Today’s new blog!

I also want to make another batch of Spelt tortillas!

See you later for Oscar fashion!

I will also be answering some of your questions about Crap Free Week + smoothies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you look at what you have in life, You’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, You’ll never have enough.- Oprah Winfrey

Deb February 23, 2009

Take the food processor off the base and run it under cool water. That should help!

foodsthatfit February 23, 2009

Wow, the moroccan stir-fry looks so good! What type of blender/mixer do you use for your smoothies???

Angela February 23, 2009

I would but the base won’t come off unless the top unlocks! See frustrating! ahhhhh

Angela February 23, 2009

foodsthatfit- I have a Kitchen Aid blender and I LOVE it!

kaneil February 23, 2009

I got nothin, sorry! Good luck trying to get that thing open!

The stir fry looks great! What did you season it with?

Enjoy your yoga today! How exciting!

Kaneil, balanceisbest

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) February 23, 2009

Mmm delish!

brandi February 23, 2009

good luck with the food processor! I hope you get your hummus out!

Leah February 23, 2009

Oh my goodness, what an amazing looking stir fry!!

Hallie February 23, 2009

Get your hubby to help you ;-)

I only say that because the same thing happened to me this weekend and I maaybe had a mini-hissy fit over it. BF asked if he could help and I said NO I can do it!! And then two seconds later…”ok yes come help me” and of course he got it un-stuck right away. I must have loosened it for him.

The Running Yogini February 23, 2009

Yay for getting back into yoga! I just did a mega post on my blog about home practice if you’re interested :) Good luck getting your hummus out. That is so frustrating!! I’m going to try my next smoothie with spinach. I have a bunch at home right now!! By the way, I love your pictures they are so beautiful and serene!

katecooks February 23, 2009

nice job on CFW so far!! after my killer weekend in vegas, i am doing something similar, except thinking of it as a body reset, or spring cleaning :) i have been going overboard now since thanksgiving and i think that seven days of sticking to set foods will be just the thing to kick my butt back into gear! i love enjoying foods, but i’ve been getting to the point where i eat TOO MUCH and then instead of enjoying it, i just feel gross! hope that your cfw is just what you need too!!!

Marians Eats. The Italian way February 23, 2009

Oh no, your poor hummus! I can’t stand when appliances get moody!:)
I know I mentioned it before, but I LOVE the Green smoothies! I can tell my hair and skin is looking so much better! Thanks again:)
xoxo

FoodRenegade February 23, 2009

Have you considered doing a raw hummus? You basically just sprout the chick peas, and that makes them moist enough to blend easily. That makes it that much more nutrient-dense, and you honestly can’t taste the difference.

I’ll be posting a recipe later this week, if you’re interested.

Alisa - Frugal Foodie February 23, 2009

mmm, that lunch sounds delicious! I hope your processor releases the hummus soon!

You’ve convinced me, it is time for green smoothie season.

Laura February 23, 2009

I hope you were able to free your hummus from the food processor!

I love spinach and smoothies too. :) It’s not bitter at all.

theoodbod February 23, 2009

i totally agree, the kale is pretty intense in a smoothie, but the spinach gives way to pretty much any flavour. that smoothie pack quite the nutritional punch!

Kristen's Raw February 24, 2009

Oh! That sucks about the FP. Hope you got it unlocked!!!

Cheers,
Kristen

Kristen's Raw February 24, 2009

Oh! That sucks about the FP. Hope you got it unlocked!!!

Cheers,
Kristen

Kristen's Raw February 24, 2009

Oh! That sucks about the FP. Hope you got it unlocked!!!

Cheers,
Kristen

AC August 20, 2012

Hi there:

I was wondering – What light dressing did you use for this stir fry? Sounds delicious.

Thanks,