Grammy’s Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed

Good evening everyone!

I must say I am quite disappointed in the Grammy’s fashion tonight. I know that the Grammy’s it typically a grab bag of fashion faux pas so I shouldn’t be too surprised.

There were a few fashion hits that I did like…

Taylor Swift in a classic black gown

8588b00607d99870 taylor swift   Grammys Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed

Katy Perry in a gown I would normally hate but for some reason I thought worked on her.

62919d6cfc7b5e92 katy   Grammys Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed

Carrie Underwood doing her Golden Girl thang that I love…

c353eaecaf8be4de carrie underwood   Grammys Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed

My vote for best dressed is Carrie Underwood. She looked stunning! Not so much in her performance outfit though…

And now for the misses…

Jordan Sparks…something was growing out of her chest and trying to strangle her! How rude ;)

163c587cf3956bd5 jordin   Grammys Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed

Jennifer Hudson…this dress had potential but it was sooo utterly unflattering on camera. Love her but not this dress!

d810fdca7d146eed jhud   Grammys Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed

Note. I just saw Jennifer’s performance and that dress ROCKED (black slinky sparkly- wow)! She totally looked amazing and redeemed herself. :) Gosh I always tear up with her performances…poor girl has been through so much. She is such a strong person to hold her head up high and continue on.

Adele….in a Green Monster?!

4c90eee68171e78b adele preview   Grammys Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed

Sheryl Crow….we know you have a great body but this dress didn’t show it very well and it looks like someone stepped on her dress train.

fa5c8cbb6790807c sheryl crow preview   Grammys Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed

Paris Hilton….or dear lord..let’s hope she remembered her underwear! lol

e9df7faef9cdbf82 paris hilton preview1   Grammys Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed

Mylie Cyrus….this dress isn’t bad but she is too young for such a mature dress. She needs something more fun. :)

a2cf6c344958f3f5 miley cyrus preview   Grammys Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed

My vote for WORST dressed was Paris Hilton….she made it easy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Memorable Mentions:

• Chris Brown was arrested for assault last night and cancelled his appearance at the Grammy’s. The woman whom he assaulted remains unnamed, but there are rumours that it was Rihanna! Rihanna also cancelled her appearance at the Grammy’s oddly enough. She was scheduled to perform too. The story is developing but it was the talk of the red carpet…

• Biggest Fashion Trend of the Night: Gathered detailing

Grammys Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed    Grammys Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed    Grammys Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed    Grammys Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed

Who did you think was BEST and WORST dressed?

I’m sooo tired tonight! I haven’t been sleeping too well lately. I have been waking up really early and haven’t been able to fall back to sleep. *yawn. I intended to post about my online bakery tonight, but I just don’t have the energy. I promise I will do this tomorrow AM. It is going to take a while so I want to have the time and energy to do so!

Remember tomorrow is your last day to get those Valentine’s Day Contest entries in!!

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

~William Shakespeare

girlrunningaround February 8, 2009

My votes:
Taylor Swift for best dressed. She looks great!
Paris Hilton for worst. For real? What was she thinking?

Thanks for posting this. I missed all the action. I love that you always give us a recap.

Bec February 8, 2009

I agree Carrie Underwood’s dress is amazing, and so it Taylor Swifts. Paris Hilton’s is definitely way too short, and this coming from a girl that loves short dresses!

kaneil February 8, 2009

I love carrie underwood! I’m hoping to see her in concert one of these days.

I feel the same way about Jennifer Hudson…I just can’t imagine. :(

I can’t wait to hear more about your bakery! Yay! At least you can sleep in tomorrow – no more yucky job! woo hoo!

Kaneil, balanceisbest

marafaye February 8, 2009

I’m a big fan of ruching…. does that count as gathered detailing? My wedding dress has ruching!

marafaye February 8, 2009

Wiggs February 8, 2009

Adele actually looked quite lovely once she took off the jacket. It’s a great dress for her body.

If you want to see a short dress done right, look at Gwyneth Paltrow’s. She was gorgeous, and fun, and managed to make a dress completely covered in sequins look effortless.

jenngirl February 8, 2009

I think Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift looked amazing!! Loved all the pics you just provided though, I definitely missed some of them (WTF Paris!?)

Hope you get some good rest tonight! :)

dailygoods February 8, 2009

loveeeeee carrie underwood! i can’t wait to hear more about the chris brown story!! ah celeb gossip i love it! funny story, i told my dad about my blog and he read it all, and then found your blog through mine… and he called me and was like, Ashley, I want to make one of Angela’s green smoothies! haha your green smoothies are becoming famous!

carolinebee February 9, 2009

gorgeous pics, and food from your party ;D!! I agree on everything- Carrie’s performance dress- greek goddess gone wrong!? But Jennifer Hudson looked beautiful. I’m SO SO antsy to find out the Chris Brown/Rihanna story..i normally avoid celeb gossip but this is too much!!

Sarah W. February 9, 2009

how in the world did paris sit down comfortably, let alone walk UP stairs in that dress?? i have a short short mini skirt that i try to only wear when there are NO STAIRS and I know I’m standing up the majority of the time!!

Eliza February 9, 2009

taylor swift looked so good. she’s my vote for best dressed. and i totally hear you on paris hilton–she’s by far the worst.

VeggieGirl February 9, 2009

The grammy folks always wear… “interesting” attire ;-)

Krista February 9, 2009

Can’t wait to hear about the online bakery!

Did you get my V-Day submission? I emailed it to you yesterday….

freekarma February 9, 2009

I love some of these like Taylor Swift but I would love to see someone wearing something organic. Like maybe using Organic Hemp silk or something. That would be a huge statement and make a big impact on the fashion world.

danser81 February 10, 2009

Omigosh, I felt the same way…what a fashion disappointment. I loved Carrie’s dress, but even that wasn’t spectacular!

Michelle (PinQue)

daagelle February 10, 2009

Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift I liked. Paris…well…not so much. Miley’s dress would look much nicer on someone older.

Kristen's Raw February 11, 2009

Paris looks likes she’s wearing a “nighty.” It must be weird to sit in that. ;)

Cheers,
Kristen

Kristen's Raw February 11, 2009

Paris looks likes she’s wearing a “nighty.” It must be weird to sit in that. ;)

Cheers,