A Big Announcement

Sorry for leaving the big cliffhanger like that in my earlier post! The truth is, I was running late and had to rush off to pick up Eric from the train station. I knew my big announcement would take time, and I didn’t want to be rushed.

Let’s get to the smaller stuff first:

1) Sports Medicine appointment

So I saw the doc and she opened up my xray files. It turns out I was looking at the wrong one! Apparently, I needed the software installed on my PC to be able to see the actual X-ray. So that pelvic xray I posted, actually wasn’t mine- or even a pelvic xray!! LOL. I almost burst out laughing in her office, but of course I wasn’t about to explain that I posted the picture on my website! Imagine how much she would have laughed!? Oh boy. Anyways, I saw my actual Xray, and yes it looked like a pelvic xray. :D She said it looked fine, nothing out of the ordinary so that was good news. However, the xray clinic forgot to take a side xray, which is sucky because she wanted to see the side xray. Oh well, what can ya do. My bone scan appointment is now booked finally- for Feb 25th. A whole month away, but at least it is booked!

My doc still doesn’t think I have a fracture, but she says that it could be a issue with the tendon where it goes into the bone and it is aggravated. She suggested that I go see a physiotherapist a couple times before I see her after my bonescan. She said it will help with the healing. So I booked an appointment for Monday.

So that is where I am with that! She said I could do non impact exercise or even try running to see if it hurts, but I know that I’m not ready for that yet. If I was sore from being on my feet all day Saturday I am certainly not fine enough to exercise. I am actually really proud of how I have been handling this because it has been quite hard on me. But I need to put my health first. If I have to miss a month of exercise so be it. Soon enough it will be a distant memory, right? There is no sense in hurting myself and being off exercise for 6 months!

Thanks for everyone’s expertise advice in last night’s post! You must have thought I was a lunatic when I said I was posting an xray….hahahaha…I thought it looked a bit funny! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2) Thanks to everyone for your submissions for contest #3!!!

I am amazed at all of your afternoon powersnacks! They all have put a huge smile on my face. You are all so inspiring and creative. If you are reading this and haven’t submitted an entry please do so!!!! I know that I have been hesitant in the past to do contests like this because I used to think that my food wasn’t creative enough, but trust me everyone has something worthwhile to submit! :)

Most of all, even if you don’t think it is overly creative, we will all benefit by finding new ways to approach afternoon powersnacks! I have still only received about 9 entries so your odds of winning are HUGE! You have until Thursday to send them in….get cracking! :D

I am going to present ALL of the entries on a you tube slideshow so everyone can see (much like Kath did with her oatmeal slideshow- how cute was that!?). It is going to be fun! The more we have the better it will be. I already can’t wait to try out a bunch of the powersnacks. Come on guys lets make this contest awesome!

And now for the BIG announcement….

3) Work.

Any guesses yet? Hmmm?

I did it guys. It took every ounce of courage inside me and every ounce of strength and nerve, but I did it.

I gave my two weeks notice today.

I know, I still can’t believe it. I was in shock before, during, and after. I think my body knew something big was happening because I haven’t slept in the past few days and this morning I felt so sick to my stomach before leaving for work. I knew what I needed to do. I was at my breaking point and I knew that I finally, finally needed to put my happiness first after a long and hard year.

I feel relieved, I really do. I want to be doing something that I feel fulfilled in. I think we all want that. I have heard so many of your stories over the past few months and you all gave me hope. Why do I, or anyone else, deserve to be miserable in a job? We don’t, and the fact is, we can take steps to get there one way or another. I now have hope that I will find something that is my true calling. My passions have been awakened with this website and it has really made me realize that I come alive when I am helping others with respect to well-being, health, nutrition, fitness, and self-esteem. It makes me get up in the morning so to speak. And I need to find that in a job as well.

It was scary as hell today and I’m still not quite sure how I mustered up the courage. Sometimes we surprise ourselves and sometimes our own bodies tell us when enough is enough. We all know when we have personally hit out ‘limit’. I truly do feel like a million pounds have been lifted off my shoulder though.

My last day is Feb 6th- only 9 working days away! Here is to a less stressful and happier time ahead!!!! :)

We only get one crack at this life- why waste it being unhappy???

I know that I am going to look back on this time in my life and see it as a big turning point.

My question to you: What did you do today to make yourself happy?

I just realized how painfully long and picture-less this post has been- yikes!!! So not like me. ;) Let’s see if I can spice it up a little…

Want to see something H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S?

img_4678

Yup that is Bryan Kest from my Power Yoga DVD and his Tighty Whitey Groupies!!!! LOL. This DVD provides the LAUGHS!!!!!!!

Eric was like, “Why are yoga people always in their UNDERWARE and half naked???? It’s like some weird sex group or something.”

hahahaa :D

Stay tuned tomorrow for a fun recap of exciting things on Oh She Glows….as well as some FAQ’s!!!

“Today is not yesterday: we ourselves change; how can our works and thoughts, if they are always to be the fittest, continue always the same? Change, indeed is painful; yet ever needful; and if memory have its force and worth, so also has hope.”
~Thomas Carlyle

20-50-46

1 Laura January 26, 2009

Good for you for doing what is best for your happiness and well-being! I wish you the best! :)

I don’t know if I could take that yoga video seriously at all, haha.

2 Maggie January 26, 2009

Wow, congrats :) I just left my job last week too.

3 girlrunningaround January 26, 2009

Wow! Quitting a job is scary, but you can’t get ahead without taking risks. I’m sure you’re going to find something bigger and better!

4 Sana January 26, 2009

Congratsss!!!!!! Good luck with your new found time and happiness :)

5 No Baby Bird January 26, 2009

I am soooooo happy for you! Yay to two weeks notice. I myself have been playing over in my head how I will tell my employer that I have to move on.

You deserve a job that makes you happy. When I saw that your third announcement was work I just knew that you were leaving and I felt excitement in my stomach for you. If you can reach out to your readers and create real emotions and help us like you do I can just imagine the wonder you will do for others in person.

CONGRATULATIONS!

6 Melissa January 26, 2009

Good luck on following your dreams!!

7 Erin January 26, 2009

You’ll notice how everything in your life becomes clearer when you are pursuing something you love. Congrats! So happy for you!

8 hareandtortoise January 26, 2009

Wow, congrats! Looking forward to reading about whatever comes next for you!

9 Marianne January 26, 2009

Good for you for moving on from a job that isn’t right for you. I’m currently going through that process, but for me it’s a bit different. My boss is aware, and knows when I’ll be leaving once I know about school for sure. She’s very supportive, and knows that most of us aren’t going to be lifers.

And that yoga DVD looks pretty funny…why are they wearing their tighty whiteys?!

10 aron January 26, 2009

CONGRATS i am soooo happy for you :) i wish i was doing that today as well since i am NOT happy where i am either…. the day will come :)

yayyyy for you! :)

11 AGS January 26, 2009

Wow! I have to admit. . . I suspected that would be your announcement. This is such a big step. I hope that you are able to take time to breathe, think, and feel what is right for you in these next days/weeks.

12 Sweet and Fit January 26, 2009

I’m also in a position where I have to prioritize my health before exercise, and it can be difficult to cope with – but eventually I started doing really impact things like just walking for longer periods of time – like 45 minutes…I’m sure it sounds boring, but it works! Also, congrats on taking that big step and quitting your job!

lets see, what did I do today to make myself happy…oh yes! I went to Trader Joe’s =)

13 ttfn300 January 26, 2009

wow, congrats on giving notice, it seems like it was the right thing to do :) for your sanity and happiness!

14 Melissa January 26, 2009

CONGRAULATIONS! Your happiness should come first and you are so so brave to take the step. I can see how much passion you put into your blog and I think if you have a job that you can pure true passion into you will bring great things to the world, just like you do to the blogosphere.

Thanks for reminding me to enter the contest. I will tomorrow!

15 Diana January 26, 2009

Congrats for putting your happiness and well being first! It’s usually a really hard thing to do. Also, kudos to Eric for supporting you – I’m guessing that he does! I hope you find what you’re looking for in your next adventure! Good Luck!

16 Jen January 26, 2009

Congrats!!! Its so important to make happiness a choice! :) I wish you the best for things to come! :)

17 danser81 January 26, 2009

How funny about looking at the wrong x-ray! Hope you feel better soon. Love the blog!

Michelle – http://pinque.wordpress.com/

18 Greta January 26, 2009

Congratulations – life is too not live it to the fullest! I’ve been a fan of your blog for a while, keep up the good work!

19 Greta January 26, 2009

*too short to not… whoops!

20 jenngirl January 26, 2009

Sounds like pretty good news, getting your bone scan scheduled is a great step…and you really are helping me view exercise in such a healthy way, the way you’ve handled the past couple of weeks is very inspiring and so meaningful for me to read.

Congrats on the big decision about work, you are absolutely right, if you are 100% happy with what you’re doing with life, then it’s time for a change! Me? I dropped a class that was screwing up my schedule this semester, I’ll take it eventually!

21 Lindsay January 26, 2009

Congratulations, Angela! You deserve happiness and health :)

22 courtneym415 January 26, 2009

Congrats to you! That’s great. I know that feeling..I just decided to not attend law school and go to culinary school and become a yoga instructor. Can they be more opposite!? But life is short…do what you want!

23 Meredith January 26, 2009

Congrats on putting in your 2 weeks! It’s always hard to do, even when you really want to leave. I left my job 2 months ago because it was just too much while being a full-time grad student. It was scary to do, but such a relief at the same time! I hope you sleep better tonight!

24 Amelia January 26, 2009

Congratulations! I’m sure that was a very tough decision but you did what you had to do. Now you can move on to what really makes you happy!

25 Hangry Pants January 27, 2009

Congratulations!

26 Dave January 27, 2009

So happy that your xray is clear!
Wow I had no idea about your work. You are always so positive and you have hid it well. I agree that work has to be enjoyable and satisfying and being miserable is not okay. Never! Good for you for sticking it out. I do recall youy having to drive forever back and forth to work though.. Good riddens, right!?
I mad myself happy today by cooking a gourmet meal( like you) for my family. They don’t like gourmet :( haha
I prepared that salmon recipe that you made the other day. It was great ! Thank-you! I should’ve took pictures.
The countdown has begun..

27 Leah January 27, 2009

You’ll always have my support! Can’t wait to see what the future holds for ya :)

28 Julie January 27, 2009

WOW! Quitting your job, that’s amazing!!! If there’s one thing I learned when I quit a job in a very attractive company in 2007, then it is that no matter how frightened I was that I wasn’t going to have enough money, that I made the wrong decision, that I wouldn’t find another job etc. – it all worked out perfectly fine by itself! And it usually does… I hope that you’ll make the most of this desicion – the world is open to you now!

A great exercise for you could be this – making a vision board! Take out a big piece of cardboard, all your old magazines (or google and a colour printer), and cut out all the pictures and words that represent what you have in you life and want to keep, and what you haven’t got yet, but wants to work on getting. Hang it up somewhere where you’ll see it everyday. In your bedroom, kitchen or something like that. It helps you keep focused and positive – and then I just get sooooo happy when I look at mine! I made one corner with workrelated stuff, one with food, one with exercise and one with me-time. On the sides I have visions for my boyfriend- and family-relationships. I also have a book with blank pages in which I made mini-vision boards. I carry it with me if I’m going somewhere, and it reminds me to e.g. take time for myself, go running etc.

Julie :-)

29 sarah (ghost world) January 27, 2009

ok good about the x-ray! i kept worrying that they really DID CT your chest — a lot of radiation for nothing!

congrats on the job decision :) i can’t wait to hear more about your future plans!

30 marafaye January 27, 2009

AAH! That’s HUGE news!!! You’re right, you deserve to be happy, why waste time doing something you hate?!

31 Michelle January 27, 2009

To me, personal happiness is the most important pursuit in life. Im glad to hear you are making choices to bring you closer to that. Sometimes its making the decision that is the hardest. I once made a decision to walk away from an unhappy and unhealthy marriage….i did it despite the hurt and confusion it would cause my family…..it was something that I HAD to do. I have never EVER regretted that decision, in fact I am the happiest Ive ever been….with a new healthy lifestyle and a new relationship….I truly believe Ive met my soulmate:) My only regret is that I didnt listen to my inner voice sooner than I did. Thank goodness I am still young and have so much living to do. So I guess what Im saying is Ive been at a crossroad myself and can understand your feelings of having a weight lifted off of you. Life is to be enjoyed!!! My sincere congratulations:) *Michelle*

32 VeggieGirl January 27, 2009

FABULOUS!!! Kudos for doing what’s perfect for you – never good to stay at a job (or do anything) that doesn’t make you truly happy. Best of luck, Angela!!

33 Ellie January 27, 2009

Wow, must’ve been a tough decision.

Good luck finding another job in this economy.

34 Amanda January 27, 2009

CONGRATS! As someone who has given notice, I know it takes such inner courage (and a few holy sh*t moments), but the rewards are endless. Enjoy your two weeks and the adventures that await you!! :)

35 Anne P January 27, 2009

congrats!! :) any thoughts on what you’ll do for work next?

36 Deb January 27, 2009

Congrats on following your heart.

37 Kath January 27, 2009

Congrats Ang :) What are you going to do now? Work on the website full time?

38 brandi January 27, 2009

Congrats on making that decision and moving forward!

you’re right that we deserve to be doing something fulfilling and something that makes us happy!

Can’t wait to see what’s coming up :)

39 kaneil January 27, 2009

WOW! I am SO PROUD OF YOU!! You are seriously strong and I admire you.

I must mention that your blog has had a huge impact on my life over the past few months. Just wanted to say thanks! :)

40 Hayley January 27, 2009

I know I’m a little late in replying, but WOW! Good for you, girl! It takes real courage to walk away from a job, but if you’re miserable there then you definitely made the best decision. Follow your heart and I’m sure you won’t have any regrets. You’re truly inspiring!

41 Holly January 27, 2009

That is great!!! As someone who really is unhappy in their job (but too scared to leave :-) ) I definitely say go for it. I know my time is almost up here, too…and life is WAY too short! Congrats!

42 Bree January 27, 2009

wow that’s FABULOUS Ange – good luck to whatever you decide to do! :-D

43 Katie May 20, 2014

It’s amazing that you fought for your passion and now have a best selling cook book. I am currently miserable and barely suviving my 8-5 desk job. It’s stressful as hell, and I’m almost at my breaking point. You inspire me, you really do. I don’t have a blog, website, or a passion though. You’re lucky Angela. And an inspiration.

Thank you.