Morning wonderful OSG readers!!
Merry Christmas Eve! :D
I woke up to the most beautiful sunrise ever this morning, so I ran outside (in Erics huge sneaks and my moms coat) and got some pics:
I had a great Turkey Trot today, although unfortunately it was without my dear sissy because she didn’t have a babysitter this morning.
I decided to do a long tempo run since I would be having a rest day tomorrow. I am proud to say that I made a PR for distance today- 7 miles!!! I had so much energy today. My glycogen stores must have been full from all the sweets last night, lol.
My Turkey Trot details:
- 0.10 mile walking warm up 4.0 mph, incline 2.5%
- 7 mile tempo run at incline 2.5% (6.5 mph for the first 4 miles, then 7.5 mph for 1 mile, then 6.5 for the last 2 miles)
- 0.15 mile cool down
- Max Heart rate: 172 bpm (88% of max)
- Avg heart rate: 161 bpm (83% of max)
- Duration: 67 mins.
- Feel the burn: 600 kcals
It felt amazing breaking a new distance record!!! I could have kept going today had I not had to get home shower, make the pie and get ready for Christmas dinner!
There is no better way to start the day than a beautiful sunrise and a great workout.
I am very sore and am looking forward to a nice rest day on Christmas! We fly out tomorrow at 6pm (so sad!), so I will be doing my fare share of sitting tomorrow. haha.
So now for the exciting announcements That I eluded to last night!
Clue #1: A very special guest blogger will be feautured on OSG’s starting Jan 1st!
- My sister will be featured on the blog once per week as she ‘gets her body back’ and gets in shape after having 2 boys. I personally think she looks amazing already, but she wants to shed the last of the weight by working out and eating right. We will be checking in weekly for a report from Kristi, assessing her progress! This should be a hugely motivating feature on the blog as I know many of you are going to be doing the same thing. I am so excited for this!
Clue #2: I just received confirmation of a very exciting and ‘honest’ giveaway contest for OSG!
- Many of you guessed this right! Honest Foods has offered to do a contest giveaway to our fabulous Oh She Glows readers!! They have sent a shipment in the mail yesterday with 4 mixed trays of bars and 4 Granola Planks! How exciting :D Stay tuned for a contest in the near future. There will also be a Mary’s Organic Cracker giveaway contest soon too. Hopefully the lovely boxes are sitting on the doorstep waiting for me when I get home! hehe.
See you later for a Christmas dinner recap! Off to go make my Pumpkin Pie!
Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.”
– Thomas J. Watson