Hello everyone!!! Still reading I hope! Don’t worry I haven’t abandoned you. :D hehe. Can you believe it is only 2 days until Christmas!?
My sister and I had a great workout! It was so much fun to workout with her. Nothing like working out with your best friend to keep you company and share a few laughs!
Before she picked me up, I had a bowl of Spelt cereal w/ Almond Breeze and a MacinTosh apple with Maranatha Almond Butter spread over it. It was the perfect pre-workout breakfast. I was a bit concerned that it would be sloshing around in my stomach as I ran, but I didn’t notice it at all.
What I did notice, however, was the impact of the high altitude while working out!!
Oxygen is more sparse at higher altitudes, which translates into workouts feeling harder than they may have at lower altitudes.
Dr Gabe from Wellsphere, says that, “You can’t train as intensely in the mountains where oxygen is sparse. Lack of oxygen during hard exercise slows you down.”
Where I am for vacation the altitude is about 3600 feet, while back at home it is only 347 feet! That is quite a difference and boy was my run feeling tougher today!
- Running around the track with sis (1.20 miles)
- 3 mile Tempo run on treadmill (1/2 mile at 6.5 mph, the rest at 7.5 mph) incline 2-4%
- Max Heart Rate: 174 bpm (89% of max)
- Avg Heart Rate: 157 bpm (81% of max)
- Total Distance: 4.20 miles
- Total Duration:36 mins.
- Feel the burn: 321 kcals
It felt so amazing to have such a great workout while on vacation! After the gym we headed to my sister’s to have lunch- a delicious avocado-chicken-onion-tomato-cuke mixed green salad. Yum.
After reading my nephews stories and putting him down for his nap, Eric and I headed back to my mom’s to shower up and relax. Being the great hostess she is, my mom left me a plush white robe to wear while I am here!!!
I feel so relaxed and refreshed now. I also sampled 3 new beauty products that I will review in tonight’s post!
On the agenda:
- I get a massage at 7pm tonight! My sis treated me for my X-mas gift this year. I am soooo looking forward to it. Thanks sis!!!
- I am making Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti for dinner tonight! Hopefully it is a hit- stay tuned for pics.
- On the houses to each side of us, they have the most crazy, out-of-this-world Christmas lights I’ve ever seen. I am going to post a video tonight of the displays! One house to our right actually pipes out Christmas music outdoors!!! How crazy is that?
- Movie night– Four Christmases! (I think that is what it’s called!?)
Stay tuned later tonight for more fun!
The real secret of success is enthusiasm.