Where I sweat

This morning when I got up I was a bit sore from my runs this week, so I decided to hit the gym.

This is the gym in my condo building:

img 12111   Where I sweat

It has:

• 3 ellipticals
  • 3 treadmills
  • 1 bike
  • 2 weight benches
  • free weights
  • an exercise ball

Two keys to preventing boredom in the gym: a good magazine and a tv!

img 1209   Where I sweat

My workout:

• 40 mins. treadmill @ incline 15 (the highest incline), 4.0 mph speed
  • I didn’t do many intervals because my blisters hurt really bad
  • I finished with 24 flights of stairs

The dungy stairwell….

img 1215   Where I sweat

Here is my Camelbak BPA-free waterbottle. It is lightweight and holds 3 cups of water. I always add a squirt or two of real lemon juice to my water.

img 1218   Where I sweat

Benefits of Lemon:

1. Lemon act as blood purifier and improves the body’s ability to get rid of toxins.

2. Lemon fruit is excellent in fighting disease that’s related to infection.

3. It is rumoured to be beneficial in attaining a clear complexion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a GREAT day everyone! I will respond to all your wonderful comments on my lunch break this afternoon!

Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

caitlin November 6, 2008

i like the quote! and i just added lemon to my water :D

Anou November 6, 2008

I have the exact same camelbak in pink lol. And I live on the 21st floor of my building, i cannot believe you actually go up all the stairs !! I get so dizzy just going up or down a couple of flights because of the turning motion. I wish i could though because its a great way to fit some extra calorie burning and legs/butt strenghtening !

Jennifer November 6, 2008

To answer your post from last night, I love biking!! I used to race BMX when I was a child and still love biking all over town. I also enjoy lifting weights, pilates and running. What is your favorite brand of peppermint tea? I love Bigelow. :)

Lindsey November 6, 2008

I’m kind of jealous. There aren’t any elliptical machines in the dinky little gym at my apartment complex (which is surprising, because it is a HUGE complex and relatively new). They have 2 treadmills, 2 bikes, and a few misc. weight machines. Lame..

Lyss November 6, 2008

Hey, I love your blog! You take wonderful pictures (I hate it when a blog has great content the pics are so-so.) I will definitely be coming back. :-)

Angela November 6, 2008

Caitlin I love quotes- you will be seeing lots on here! How was the lemon water? :D

Anou ooOooo…I would love loved a Calembak in pink! I bought mine on Ebay and all the seller had was orange. lol. I must admit, walking up the stairs isn’t glamorous, but it sure is a great 4-5 minute workout! It isn’t for everyone though. In the summer it is the worst!!! So hot…I’ve been walking up the stairs once a day for over a year or more now.

Jennifer BMX biking sounds amazing!! You sound very adventurous…much more than me! haha. My Fav. peppermint tea is Bigelow and President’s Choice Organic (Its a Canadian brand).

Lindsey awww that sucks when the gym doesn’t match the building. The one cardio machine I would love to have in my gym is the stairmaster, hehe….big surprise! It sure beats paying for a gym membership though.

Lyss Thank you for your comments! :) I checked out your blog and it is wonderful- your Halloween pics are hilarious by the way. So creative.