Boo.

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on October 31, 2008

Am I ever glad it’s FRIDAY!!! What a long and exhausting week. The weather is gorgeous here in Toronto, Canada- 19 degrees and sunny today- people are driving around with their tops down on their cars and cranking the tunes. Ahhh. A taste of summer. It almost made my 1 hour drive home in rush hour traffic pleasant.

My workout was great this morning before work. I did 40 mins. hill walking and running on the treadmill, followed by 24 flights of stairs up to my condo (approx 4 mins or so more). When I made it up to our floor, I was pleasantly surprised by Hubby just heading out on his way to work! I wasn’t expecting to see him leave so I was happy. I gave him a quick peck on the cheek and skipped the hug since I didn’t want him to get covered in my sweaty workout clothes.

A few spooky Halloween pictures….

HAPPY HALLOWEEN from Sketchie, our strange and festive Bengal cat.

More strangeness. Canadian weather.

Oct 29, 2008- Looking out from our balcony, we woke up to SNOW.

Oct 31, 2008- 19 degrees Celcius and SUNNY!

Oct 31, 2008- 19 degrees Celcius and SUNNY!

Well, Eric is almost home from work. I guess we better figure out what we are going to do on this fabulous Halloween evening!

Eliana >^..^ November 4, 2009 at 9:10 pm

Those fall colors are beautiful!

I want to see if I can catch up on 1 year of OSG blogging, its going to hard to catch up! ;o)

Cant wait for my OSG journey!

JenATX October 31, 2010 at 6:51 pm

so funny to see only one comment here when posts nowadays can get hundreds of comments!

Megan November 8, 2010 at 10:01 am

So great to see your very first post on Halloween Day – my favorite holiday! It was the beginning of my very favorite blog. :)

Emily June 25, 2012 at 7:03 pm

ACCOMPLISHED!
I just had to come back and say that I have officially read EVERY post you have written. Total creeper, right? : )
LOVE reading-thanks so much!
Em

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 27, 2012 at 11:01 am

haha that’s amazing!!

Ziba July 19, 2012 at 9:54 am

I’m just admiring your cat! I find his name so fitting, Sketchie. He really does look sketch in that photo.

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 19, 2012 at 10:17 am

hha yea he does ;)

Lola Marigold October 27, 2012 at 4:18 pm

That piece of furniture next to Sketchie is stunning.

Angela October 30, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Thanks, it’s my in-laws! They have a knack for finding cool furniture :)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} October 31, 2013 at 12:24 pm

What wonderful milestones! Congrats on both your gorgeous cookbook cover (can’t WAIT to get it!) and 5 years of blogging. Your photos and recipes are always a great inspiration to me.

Ceara @ Ceara's Kitchen October 31, 2013 at 4:08 pm

I can relate to the strange Canadian weather being from Toronto! Thank you for always inspiring me through your recipes and posts! I can’t wait to order your cookbook once it is out! Congratulations on all your success! :)

Gail Yosh April 15, 2014 at 7:09 pm

I just wanted to post my note here, because this is where it all began for you. I just got done looking through my Oh She Glows cookbook. It’s like a work of art! You are an inspiration and by far the best blogger out there! Many months ago I was referred to your blog from a mom on a nut free Facebook page. I was looking for vegan recipes but wanted nut free ones because my soon-to-be five-year-old daughter has a tree nut allergy. I didn’t know how to adapt vegan recipes to be nut free. THANK YOU for helping me make vegan dishes that are nut free and delicious! I can’t wait to make more…and maybe one day go full-on vegan. …. and run my first 5k! Many goals ahead for this mommy of two little girls. Thank you again for all that you do!

Mary June 20, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Hi congratulations on being an expecting mom. I recently bought your book and love it! Thank you.

Carlin September 30, 2017 at 8:21 am

Love your book and blog! I just wanted to see where it all started, and here it is. We’ve loved to make the chickpea salad sandwich recipe for our summer guests over the past few years. Thanks for making such cool recipes that have helped me and my family along on our healthy eating journey!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 3, 2017 at 9:28 am

haha glad you checked out the first post! It’s pretty crazy to think this was 9 years ago!! I feel old. heh

Shari Smith May 24, 2018 at 9:52 am

I just read part of your 2nd cookbook at my son’s clarinet lesson last night. His teacher and has them both. After years of mild digestion issues he has suddenly become really sick. He is only 11 but loves all sorts of different food! He is not too worried but the allergies include milk which I expected, plus wheat, soy, corn and peanuts. He eats peanut butter every day on bread of course. Luckily I love to cook but this is different. I am so thankful that you have done this blog for me and everyone else, so I at least have a blueprint for what works.
When we get out from under some of these ridiculous medical bills I am buying both of your books. Till then I will be reading all of your blog post. Thank you so much!

I think that you r cat looks perfect next to the desk and the rug. It could be camouflage! My dog matched my black and tan kitchen perfectly!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 29, 2018 at 6:27 am

Hi Shari, I’m so glad you found the blog too! Thanks so much for your kind words…I hope you find a new arsenal of recipes to make for your son and family. :)