- Oh She Glows, Personal Information Protection and Privacy
- Our Collection of Personal Information
a. Why does Oh She Glows collect your Personal Information?
Oh She Glows collects Personal Information about you and uses it for the following reasons:
- To improve service delivery. Oh She Glows monitors and analyzes traffic and use of its Website and App in order to determine which features and services are popular and useful to visitors and users, so that we can improve our content and services and better tailor our services to our users’ interests and needs;
- For marketing purposes. We may use your contact information from our newsletter’s registration process to send you marketing communications and/or promotional information. Contact information may be used to contact you when necessary. Unique identifiers verify your identity and are used in our record system;
- For secondary marketing purposes. We may enable our advertising providers to collect information about you from your use of the Interactive Services for their use to display ads they think you may be interested in or to help tailor content for you.
- To better understand your interests. Oh She Glows also may prepare aggregated user statistics or information summaries to describe our services and their popularity to our distribution partners and prospective advertisers and for other lawful purposes. The aggregated user statistics and information will not contain any personally identifiable information.
- To serve you. Oh She Glows may collect Personal Information about you directly from you if you contact us, for purposes of better serving you and responding to your requests.
b. What Personal Information does Oh She Glows collect?
Oh She Glows collects various types of Personal Information.
During the process of registering to receive our newsletter, you will be asked to give certain contact information (such as your name and e-mail address). By providing us with your registration information, you consent to receive marketing communications and/or promotional offers from Oh She Glows, with the option to withdraw your consent at any time.
We collect information about purchases of our products, and geographic information about where our Information Services are used. Our App collects users’ mobile device type, screen size, software level and information about App usage.
Your activity on our Information Services, including time spent, usage patterns, and web sites visited prior and subsequent to your use of Information Services and other information about your usage of our Information Services as outlined below may be collected automatically through cookies and other electronic functions on our site. You can always opt out of these methods of collection of your Personal Information, as outlined below.
We may also collect Personal Information you provide to us when you contact us directly to discuss our services or your preferences. Such information might include your contact details and preferences.
- How Does Oh She Glows Collect Personal Information?
Oh She Glows may obtain and collect your Personal Information through the following means:
- Log Files. Like many other Web sites, OhSheGlows.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked by us to any information that is personally identifiable.
- Cookies and Web Beacons. Our Website uses a feature called “cookies”. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. “Cookies” can be used to store Personal Information about visitor preferences, record user-specific information on which pages the user access or visit, customize Web page content based on visitors browser type or other information that the visitor sends via their browser.
Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us and our advertising partners determine whether a web page on the Website has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on the Website, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- Manual and Electronic Forms. During a visit to the Oh She Glows Website, you may be asked to complete various forms for releasing various types of Personal Information, such as for your entry into various promotions and contests or signing up for our newsletter. When participating in these newsletters, promotions and contests, you may be asked to provide us with certain Personal Information which will be used for marketing purposes as stated on our Website or in the circulation of the particular newsletter or administration of the promotion or contest.
- Direct Contact From You. We may collect Personal Information directly from you if you contact us in any manner, or where we respond to you, to discuss our services or your preferences and how we can better meet your needs.
- Through Mobile App Conditions. Our mobile App collects information such as device type, screen size and usage information within the App itself.
- The Disclosure of Personal Information
We also may disclose Personal Information about you as required by law, to enforce our policies or legal rights, to potential buyers or investors in our business, or to protect anyone’s rights, property or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- How Oh She Glows Protects Your Privacy
- Your Consent
If you are under the age of 18, you must not provide any Personal Information without the consent of your parent or guardian, or as otherwise provided for by applicable law. We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 18. We do not intentionally direct any advertising to individuals under the age of 18. By using the Website or the App, you represent and warrant that you are either 18 years of age or using the Information Service with the supervision of a parent or guardian.
Any Personal Information you submit will not be released prior to your consent to any third parties, excluding those contracted by Oh She Glows to provide marketing communications or research services.
Oh She Glows uses third party service providers which may be located outside of Canada. As such, any Personal Information you provide to us may be stored and processed on computers and by service providers outside of Canada and may be accessible by law enforcement authorities and others in such foreign jurisdictions pursuant to their local laws. By providing any type of Personal Information to us, you acknowledge and agree that this information may be stored or used outside of Canada.
- Contacting Us
If you would like more information about Oh She Glows’ Personal Information collection, use and disclosure practices or you would like to better understand and verify what Personal Information we have collected about you please contact us at [email protected]ohsheglows.com. We can assist you in correcting any inaccurate information. Please let us know about your questions or concerns and we will do our best to help you.
You can access and review your Personal Information held by Oh She Glows and make corrections to it. If you wish to do so, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. If there will be any charge for your request, Oh She Glows will advise you in advance. In some cases Oh She Glows will be required to keep your Personal Information confidential. If we deny any request made by you for access to your Personal Information we will provide you with an explanation.
Advertising Privacy Statement
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
To help understand your interests, CafeMedia, Google and our other advertising partners will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on the Site, you can contact us at
[email protected] and contact AdThrive at [email protected]. If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners we work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences link at the bottom of the site. (Available in the EU.)
For California Residents
California law gives residents the right to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties, including for advertising purposes. Under California law, the sharing of your information with a service provider for advertising purposes could be considered a “sale.” To opt out of the sharing of your information for advertising information, click the opt out link provided in the footer of this page. You also have the right to request from us the categories of personal information that we have shared and the categories of third parties to whom the information was provided. To make such a request, please contact us at [email protected]. To be clear we do not share your name, contact information, or any other sensitive information with third parties, and the categories of third parties that we share information with for advertising purposes are supply side platforms, programmatic advertising exchanges, and demand side platforms.
© Glo Bakery Corporation. All rights reserved.
Change Log: 2016-03-12
2020-10-16 – Updated list of advertisers.