Hit the Reset Button with this 2-Day Plant-Based Meal Plan!

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on July 22, 2015

veganmealplan

I’m so excited for today’s post! Many of you have been asking me to put together some plant-based meal plans or menus – What does a full day of plant-based eating look like? How do I combine easy, healthy recipes into a full day of eating? It’s something I struggled with in the beginning too – and even now, on occasion – so I totally get it. With the summer season in mind, this 2-day meal plan below is filled with healthy, energizing, quick-to-prepare options. All of the recipes (except the avocado sauce and smoothies) can be made in advance and keep well in the fridge. Yes!

This post was also crafted for a selfish reason too; I tested cake and frosting all last week for the next cookbook. The end result turned out pretty mind-blowing, but to say I was looking for a bit of a “reset” is an understatement. I try my best to eat balanced, but that doesn’t always happen as a recipe tester. When the dessert chapter needs to be wrapped up, the dessert chapter needs to be wrapped up! So in an effort to bring back balanced meals, I came up with this easy, veggie-packed menu to get back on track. I think we can all relate to this desire now and then, especially after summer holidays and traveling. After just half a day, my energy levels returned and I had a kick to my step again! The power of plants. I hope you enjoy it too whether you follow it to a tee or just mix and match some recipes into your normal routine. If you are just making these for yourself, you’ll likely have leftovers that carry over into day 3…never a bad thing.

Note: All the recipes are linked in the chart below. From there, you can print the recipes if desired.

Oh She Glows 2-Day Summer Reset Button Meal Plan

Day 1

Day 2

Breakfast

Lemon water and/or White Tea (see tip)

Hidden Greens Chocolate Protein Smoothie

Lemon water and/or White Tea

Vegan Overnight Oats

Lunch

Gazpacho

Chickpea Salad with

Endurance Crackers (or Mary’s Crackers)

Gazpacho

Black Bean Quinoa Salad with Cumin and Lime

Snack

Sliced apple with almond or sunflower seed butter

Classic Green Monster Smoothie

Dinner

Black Bean Quinoa Salad with Cumin and Lime

15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta

Dessert

Basic Chia Seed Pudding with fresh berries

Basic Chia Seed Pudding with fresh berries

Tips:

– Lately I start my morning with white tea and I drink it until about 2-3pm. I find it gives me really consistent energy throughout the day (without the crash that coffee often gives me, but feel free to drink what YOU prefer). If I’m on the ball I will also try to have some warm lemon water (squeeze half a lemon into a couple cups of warm water – sweeten to taste if desired) first thing in the morning or I simply add lemon slices into a 1-litre mason jar filled with water and sip on it throughout the day. Between outdoor summer workouts and breastfeeding, it’s a constant effort for me to stay hydrated.

– See here for a printable grocery list!

– All recipes can be made in advance except for the smoothies (I always prefer those fresh as the flavours start to change as they sit) and Avocado pasta sauce.

– Be sure to try out my Hidden Greens Chocolate Protein Smoothie – it’s a new recipe to the site and is bursting with nutrients! Not to mention…chocolate for breakfast. You can thank me later.

– Please keep in mind that this meal plan is not intended to be a one size fits all plan; tweak and personalize it as you see fit! I often have a mid-morning snack such as hummus and crackers to get me through to lunch.

– You can serve the 15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta with whole-grain pasta or zucchini noodles. I use this spiralizer to make zucchini noodles. It’s a great summer option!

~~~

Well, this was a beast of a post to put together so if I’ve forgotten anything feel free to let me know. Do you like these kinds of posts? I’m open to your feedback as always.

Wishing you boundless energy this week and all summer long!

Page 4 of 4«1234
Alyssa August 5, 2015 at 5:10 pm

I’m just in love with your recipes! Your cookbook has made transitioning to a vegan diet so much simpler for me. Not to mention, that my die-hard carnivore of a boyfriend has recently started cutting out meat as well. Keep up the amazing work!

Kate Benfey August 6, 2015 at 3:57 pm

This is awesome! Thank you so much for posting a grocery list. I am so excited to try this meal plan :)

Allashanti August 7, 2015 at 9:33 am

I completed this meal plan! Yippee!! Please, more meal plans with grocery lists to come!! I am a 21-year old nomad who doesn’t actually usually have all the ingridients to your recipes, and makes grocery stops for 1 or 2 ingridients just to be able to complete your great recipes, so I really appreciate the grocery lists. Also, could you make a blog post about all the ingridients one should have in their kitchen at any given time- and appliances, too? I am about to move into my FIRST PLACE and would love some of your guidance. Thanks!

Lisa August 9, 2015 at 12:48 pm

Thank you for this meal plan! I followed it the weekend after you posted and it was fabulous. Please keep making meal plan blog posts! This one got me out of a rut and inspired me to keep making meal plans. I also found that your smoothies really keep me full and full of energy, something I never believed smoothies could do, so much so that I bought a Ninja and make smoothies 2-3 times a week now! Thanks again!

Sandra Tranmer August 9, 2015 at 4:13 pm

I book-marked this post and was eagerly waiting for my annual leave to start so I could do this 2-day “resetting” plan.
Finally, my holiday starts tomorrow and so does the plan (I did my food shopping today,) and I am SO looking forward it.
Thank you so much for putting this plan together Angela :) xx

Amie August 11, 2015 at 12:57 pm

I love these kinds of posts! This was perfect timing for us! Working with my young daughter naki g a grocery list as I type this and this is perfect!!!

Martina August 13, 2015 at 10:07 am

Hello. Greatings from Slovakia. I would like to thank you also for this post, many others and all the recipes. They are working! And the taste….! Delicious! Because of healthy issue I have to take care what I am eating. Your recipes are in the line with my special “diet” . It was very hard for me as I never did vegan meals before. I didnt know how and what to combine to have great taste. But this was only till that time when I discovered your book and blog :-) So MANY THANKS for everything.

Cindy August 16, 2015 at 6:51 am

Hi Angela,
Your cookbook is the #1 gift I buy for friends and family. I’ve been using it for the past year
And am now 90 percent vegan. I am in love with the recipes and slowly pulling my hubby to the green side.
I have my own Gyrotonic studio in Ottawa and teach/ work out 5-7 hours a day. Since becoming “vegan”, my energy levels are more balanced.

Thank you!!

Jody August 16, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Awesome! Can’t wait to try this! I’ve been meaning to try a plant based diet for a while now.

Jennifer August 16, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Thank you, Angela! I appreciate the hard work you put into this post, and the grocery list is so helpful. I have two dishes completed and hope to finish the rest before bed. My week will start healthy with minimal stress. Thanks for being amazing!

Kara August 17, 2015 at 6:33 pm

LOVE THIS POST!!! you. are. amazing.

Patrice August 21, 2015 at 11:37 pm

Thank you for this post. I’ve been sort of desperate for a plan. For different reasons and instructions from my naturopath a TON of my favorite foods need to be eliminated or drastically reduced. Meat, milk products, eggs (sob!). I would love to see a few more eating plans. Then I could have three of them including this one you posted. I’m so good with eating the same thing for days as well. Congrats on being a global success!!

Patrice August 21, 2015 at 11:46 pm

PS: if you have any suggestions for smoothies without bananas or a banana substitute in your smoothie recipes. They are so good in smoothies but can you believe they were THE HIGHEST on my food sensitivity test!? I may just starve, lol!!

Andy August 23, 2015 at 4:18 pm

I love this post more this week then I normally would. I just got back home from a 2 week backpacking trip & all I want to do is get back on track with my eating. Some of the recipes I have already made many times & love them. Thank you for all your hard work. Your website & cookbook are #1 in my house…even non vegan eaters!

Bronwyn September 5, 2015 at 10:38 am

As someone about to head back to school where the only eating options are Pizza Pizza or Tim Hortons, I’m so excited to get these meals prepared for the first two days. Favourite post yet!

Lucy September 6, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Excellent meal plan, I will keep in my portfolio, I will put it into practice. Greetings!

Georgina Kyllo September 7, 2015 at 1:33 am

Truly inspirational! A friend recommended your book and I love the recipes. I have been flirting with being vegetarian and now with your recipes and finding how delicious everything is a true blessing. Thank you Angela!

Libby September 7, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Great meal plan, Angela! I cooked everything yesterday and started Day 1 today. Just a quick suggestion – you may want to add the apple and berries (or other pudding/oatmeal toppings) to the grocery list. I am absolutely LOVING the black bean/quinoa salad and the crackers!

Joseph September 13, 2015 at 11:50 pm

Such a great post !, It actually reminds me of a youtube channel that shows you how to cook healthy and easy meals. Your favourite meals that you couldn’t even imagine they would have a healthy version !

patty September 16, 2015 at 7:06 am

Wow. I just did your 2 day reset plan and it was fantastic. But now on day 3 i dont know what to eat. Please a 5 day plan ? Please. Vegan wannabe.

David Charlie September 18, 2015 at 6:50 am

Your Posts Is Really Exciting… Its Super Duper For Vegetarians. I Myself Find It Interesting. Will Definitely Give A Try.

Dee September 27, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Love the grocery list. This is perfect. Now we just need one for each week and I’ll never have to go to another blog again!! Love love love your recipes.

Emily Hough October 4, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Thanks for this wonderful meal plan! I began eating vegan over the summer, and now that school is back in full swing (I’m a kindergarten teacher!!) I really need to hit the reset button! Love your blog, thanks!!

Chelsey October 7, 2015 at 4:48 pm

This is such a good idea. Thanks for sharing :)

Anne George October 18, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Thanks for the meal plan! I love this. Your recipes are delicious and easy to follow and this is a huge help to simplify weekly meals for our family.

Josephine October 23, 2015 at 3:42 am

I would love to see an Autumn/Winter post like this… Please

Tanya January 7, 2016 at 11:58 am

Hi, I love all your recipes! I do have a question, I am not fond of bananas :/ Do they have to be added to smoothies or is their a substitute to use?

Minette March 5, 2016 at 1:34 pm

I love your post! I would reallly love to see a full week plan of plant based eating with a grocery list to make it extra easy :) Thanks for all your wonderful recipes!

Mandy April 28, 2016 at 10:48 am

Thank you so much for doing this post! My Google search was “Oh She Glows meal plan” and then there it was! I get overwhelmed trying to figure out a good vegan meal plan. I love everything you do! I just purchased your app today, and I’ve added your cookbooks to my Christmas list ;)

Angela Liddon April 28, 2016 at 11:17 am

Thanks for your support, Mandy! I’m glad you found the post helpful, and I hope you absolutely love the app.

Chelsea June 5, 2016 at 8:09 am

Just adding that I love meal plan posts like this and would totally use others if you make them. This is exactly what my husband and I were looking for to clean up our act after a week of vacation. Thanks!

Angela Liddon June 6, 2016 at 9:00 am

Thank you for the lovely comment, Chelsea! I’m so glad you enjoyed the post :)

Bri July 2, 2016 at 1:00 am

Hey OSG – I’m very new to your blog and app and must say ‘i love it all’! You’ve done a fantabulous job of simplifying life (easy access grocery lists) and bringing joy into the kitchen – THANK YOU – you have a new fan :))

d September 4, 2016 at 1:48 pm

i love the meal plans WITH grocery lists. i have your book and just pre-ordered your second, but would love to see more posts like this with the meals outlined and grocery lists included

Kristen October 29, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Will you ever consider more meal plan posts? Love them ! Or meal plan app?

Angela Liddon November 7, 2016 at 9:19 am

Hey Kristen, I love this idea, and it’s definitely something we’re considering for the future! Down the road, we’d love to add a meal planning aspect to our app, but we will have to wait until the budget allows or such a big addition. (And I also want to grow the recipe collection in the app more too.) I agree with you though that it would be such a handy feature (and something I need in my life too! Especially lately, hah.)

Doreen Selby February 15, 2018 at 9:13 pm

I can’t wait to start this plan but all I see
Is day 1. What’s day 2. Thanks

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 16, 2018 at 7:18 am

Hey Doreen, Happy to help! Day 2 in located in the chart in the second column…do you see it now? Please let me know…thanks :)

Doreen February 19, 2018 at 12:37 pm

Yay I see it now on my PC. For some reason it did not show up when viewing on my IPhone. I can’t wait to start, thank you so much!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 20, 2018 at 9:56 am

I’m so glad you can see it on your PC…thanks for letting me know!