U.S. Cookbook Cover Reveal + Mini Book Q & A

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on November 24, 2013

bookcover

Today, I’m excited to reveal the U.S. cover of my cookbook at long last! Many of you have already come across this cover on Amazon.com as it’s been up there for a while now, but of course, I wanted to reveal it on the blog too. I found this gorgeous bunch of rainbow carrots at a local market earlier this year and I was dying to take photos of it. At the time, I had no idea this carrot photo would be selected for the cover – or turn into one of my favourite side dish recipes in the book. I can’t wait for you to see the “after” photo and recipe inside the book. I may or may not have inhaled the entire pan shortly after the photo shoot. Well, that applies to pretty much every recipe. Anyway, I love how vibrant and unique this cover is and I think it’s going to really pop off the shelf.

Why two covers?

Some of you asked why we have two different covers, so I thought I’d take a moment to explain the process today. I’m lucky to have two publishers behind this book. My Canadian publisher, Penguin, and my American publisher, Avery (which is an imprint of The Penguin Group), had different visions for my cover which is why we have two. Penguin really wanted to showcase one of my recipe photos on the cover as you saw a few weeks ago, while Avery wanted something more abstract which would emphasize my focus on using whole food, plant-based ingredients. The Canadian cover is found on Amazon.ca and the American cover is on Amazon.com.

Overseas Availability?

I’ve also had some of you ask when the book will be available outside of North America. My publisher is currently in the process of trying to sell the rights to the book overseas, so hopefully I will have good news to report in the coming months. I don’t know if and when that might be though, but I will keep  you posted! Amazon does ship to other countries, so that is always an option too.

Here is a sneak peak of the table of contents:

• Introduction {my story}
  • About this book
  • My natural foods pantry {details my most commonly used ingredients}
  • My favorite kitchen tools & equipment
  • Homemade staples
  • Basic cooking chart
  • Acknowledgments
  • Index
  • About the Author

Pre-orders:

Many of you have told me that you pre-ordered the book and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you. Pre-orders are a big deal in the publishing world because all of the pre-orders count toward the first week of book sales (that is, the release week), increasing an author’s chances of getting on a best seller list. Pre-orders also help publishers predict what kind of numbers to expect during the initial release and help sell the book to other retailers. So in other words, your pre-orders make a huge impact and I greatly appreciate each and every one of you who have taken the time to do so!

For all the pre-ordering info, see here.

Ok, if you have made it this far, bless your soul. Enough book talk.

Can we talk a bit about the holidays? I’m having a hard time grasping that it’s nearing the end of November. This year has flown by. Is anyone doing any holiday meal planning? I’m toying with the idea of creating a 3-course vegan holiday menu, step-by-step, featuring some old and some new recipes. A complete holiday menu, vegan styles. I’m thinking a salad to start, 1 main, 2 sides, and a dessert, all holiday themed of course. Many dishes made the day before. Would this be useful? Am I insane? Let me know. :)

Page 3 of 3«123
Mary Yardley November 25, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Hey holiday menu sounds great! It would be a great help to me, I absolutely love your recipes. I’m looking forward to the book! Now that I have read this post, I will be sure to preorder.

Florence November 25, 2013 at 9:27 pm

INCREDIBLE!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!! a big fan:)

Stephanie November 25, 2013 at 9:27 pm

I read about your blog on the HappyHealthyLongLife blog and began making many of your recipes last summer. They always turn out great. I’ve never been disappointed. You’ve really helped my husband and me transition to a whole foods, plant-based diet. I just preordered the U.S. version and can’t wait until March. Thanks for your passion for healthy eating. I look forward to the holiday menu.

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 26, 2013 at 8:37 am

Hey Stephanie, Thank you so much! I’m so glad you are enjoying the blog. :)

Michelle November 25, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I’m going to ask my husband to get this for our second anniversary, since it releases on that day! I would also love a vegan holiday menu, as I’m using some of your recipes for our first veg Thanksgiving.

Shayna November 25, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Y.E.S. Yes. To everything everyone has said. I’m so excited for your book- just pre-ordered. Now the hardest part…waiting ’til march! But something tells me you’ll have plenty of good stuff to keep us satiated until then. Thanks for sharing so much with everyone on OhSheGlows. Your recipes are always fantastic and they inspire a whole lot more. Hope you have a great holiday and congrats! <3

Maria November 26, 2013 at 3:44 am

I live in Sweden and I can see your book on my favourite swedish online book store already :) Maybe they have a deal with Amazon though.. I will definately be pre-ordering your book! As soon as it’s out, I will have it here :)

My boyfriend and I totally adore your recipes. He calls himself “80% vegan” and your recipes has made my veganism so much easier for him (and me)! I’ve never tasted anything that wasn’t delicious from you.

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 26, 2013 at 8:34 am

Hi Maria, I’m so happy to hear this! Thanks for your support :)

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen November 26, 2013 at 8:33 am

So exciting!!! I love the cover :)

Junz November 26, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I just read the e mail regarding your new cookbook and looked at the table of contents. I saw favorite kitchen tools and right away I imagined that you would list such things as food processor, etc., but probably will not say exactly what make, size and so on. I find this happens a lot. I know this sounds CRAZY, but if I did not have a computer I would have bought a food processor years ago, but I read reviews and cannot make up my mind. Would love the Breville sous chef, but WAY to large. Help – can anyone recommend a great BPA free food processor, make, size and so on?

Becka November 26, 2013 at 2:26 pm

I just ordered two copies (one for me, one for a gift) and I can’t wait for March to come!! Yay for your cookbook!!!

Kiara November 26, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Hi Angela,
I have seen the book as one of the first results of a search on Amazon.it (I live in Italy) – it was available to pre-order for Kindle, but I want the REAL one, because the photos are too amazing for kindle. So I’ve put it on my wish list and will patiently wait… It’s literally the only cookbook I’ve ever been interested in, you use so many easy and easy-to-find ingredients, rather than a million obscure components to the recipes, and the results are exceptional!
Keep up the good (inspiring) work:-)
Chiara

Bonnie November 26, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Just pre-ordered a copy! I’m so excited :). I love so many of your recipes, and use many daily since I can’t eat gluten or dairy. The cover is gorgeous. Sharing with friends that I know will want one too.

Vanessa November 26, 2013 at 11:39 pm

So exciting for you!!! I hope the book makes it to Oz soon

Robyn B | Modern Day Missus November 28, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Both books look awesome! I’m from Australia, so I’m definitely hoping I can get online to get a copy. Robyn xx

kendra November 30, 2013 at 3:01 am

So excited for your book to come out- I just pre-ordered it on amazon :)

Clancy November 30, 2013 at 9:56 pm

I’m in Australia and I’ve just sussed out Amazon – it says your book is available for pre-order as a Kindle book. YAH!! So excited! Though I do love to drool over an actual physical book, I’ll take what I can get until it becomes available here! At least we can still see the yummy pics and recipes :-) :-)

Thanks Angela for sharing your love of food with us. You’re awesome :-)

C

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 1, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Thank you so much Clancy! I’m so happy you are so excited about the book.

Megan Forde December 2, 2013 at 7:30 pm

I wish your cookbook was coming out for Christmas, so I could ask for Santa for it for Christmas! I adore cookbooks, almost as much as I like to cook and bake ( it’s an obsession!) I am looking forward to cooking Christmas dinner with my family, however I have found out that I may be allergic to dairy products and was wondering if you could do a segment of traditional Christmas dishes that are vegan? That would be awesome!

Chelsie Belyan December 3, 2013 at 1:16 am

I’m looking forward to warm bevvies, snow days, and quality time with family! :)

Kristin LeTellier December 3, 2013 at 8:22 am

Hey Angela! What I’m excited about this holiday season (besides your awesome giveaway) is driving through a Christmas light show! I love sipping hot chocolate in the car with my husband and seeing all the fun displays at night :)
Xo

Annie December 3, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Angela, I am so excited for you and even more excited for us, your fans! :) I can’t even remember how I stumbled upon your blog all those years ago but I’m so very glad I did. Happy holidays, Angela!

Cynthia December 3, 2013 at 9:33 pm

I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE THE JOY OF CHRISTMAS IN MY BOYS EYES… Scotty, 8, Hayden, 3 and Brody, 2! Bring on the snowball fights and school cancellations!

Jessie December 4, 2013 at 5:05 pm

so excited to have just pre ordered your cookbook. i have been following your blog for years. i love your style, recipes, photos, humor. AND your book is coming out on my birthday. It will be my 36 bday. I will be celebrating my 20th year of veganism if you can believe it!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 4, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Wow that’s amazing! congrats :) And thanks for ordering my book!

Jen @ The Well Read Fish December 9, 2013 at 8:25 pm

It’s beautiful! Can’t wait for it to come out.

Hillary December 18, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Looking forward to your book. Love your blog and all your recipes. Thanks for the inspiration

Amber January 3, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Pre-Ordered!!! Woot Woot!!!!!!!

Karla January 7, 2014 at 6:32 am

Angela someone from australia commented the other day the shipping was $30, could you post a reply that if they order the usa version shipping is a easy $10 here to Australia :o)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 7, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Thanks for letting me know! I will add this in :)

Sarah January 20, 2014 at 10:16 pm

The cookbook cover is beautiful. Did you do the photography yourself?