5 Years

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on August 31, 2013

080831_0380

Together

The moment I saw you,
the light in your eyes,
lit up the room like a bright, flaming sun.

Your glow radiates,
touches my heart, my soul.
I’m forever yours.

Our eyes meet,
connect.
I’m hooked forever.

Deeply passionate,
sincere,
spirited,
A true friend, a true love.
That and so much more.

boys-

080831_1154

080831_0519

080831_0603

080831_1335

080831_1558

Happy 5th anniversary to my husband, partner in crime, and best friend. I love you to the moon and back!

xoxo

190203A-2670334085-O

[all photo credits: Dave Biesse]

On another note, I hope you are all enjoying Labour Day weekend!! See you next week.

Page 2 of 2«12
Terri September 1, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Simply stunning.

Dutchgirlsam September 1, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Congratulations :)

Lisa September 1, 2013 at 6:31 pm

So pretty!!! Happy day.

char eats greens September 1, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Hope your anniversary was fantastic! 5 years is a big one ;)

Kristi September 1, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Happy Anniversary! Cute pictures.

Mary k Van Steensburg September 1, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Congratulations and a very Happy Anniversary!

diane September 1, 2013 at 8:07 pm

love your blog! this is a wonderful post! truly a match made in heaven!
beautiful, thanks for sharing this *special* memory

Kim September 1, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Happy Anniversary Angela and Eric!!

My husband and I are celebrating 23 years today on the first of September. Each year is more interesting to be sure!

Court Star @ StarSystemz September 1, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Happy Anniversary! I love seeing wedding photos and being reminded of how beautiful weddings are! Thanks for sharing, your dress is amazing!

nan @ lbddiaries September 2, 2013 at 12:10 am

Beautiful tribute, beautiful poem, beautiful couple! Congratulations on your anniversary and may you have many, many more.

Green Solution Collective September 2, 2013 at 12:34 am

Really nice photos! I really love it! Happy anniversary guys. Many more years to come!

Francesca A. Vitale September 2, 2013 at 7:42 am

What a wonderful post, happy five years!

Shannan September 2, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Happy Anniversary!! I love all of your pictures. You looked stunning and it looks like it was the perfect day!

Catherine September 2, 2013 at 12:41 pm

SO beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your life with us Angela, I think that’s a big part of what makes this blog special–you’re as amazing as all your yummy food you share with us :)

Valerie Halston September 2, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Happy 5th Anniversary!! Love all the photos! So beautiful!!

Lindsay at Kitchen Operas September 2, 2013 at 3:09 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to the both of you!!! Congratulations on 5 years!

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health September 2, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Congratulations on 5 years! Your wedding and your poem were both beautiful.
Cheers to a lifetime of happiness!

Richa September 3, 2013 at 1:05 am

Happy Anniversary Angela! stunning photos and you:) Wish you many more!

Alex @ Kenzie Life September 3, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Congratulations on 5 years!! I remember reading your blog back in 2010 and it’s so great to see how far you’ve come with everything!

Rajvinder Kaur September 3, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Happy Anniversary!! I celebrated my five years too on the 21st of August. :)

Alexis @ deliciousfoodideas.net September 3, 2013 at 11:54 pm

We got married in the same year! Congratulations on your 5th Wedding Anniversary. Your dress is so beautiful and I love your wedding ring engraving.

Giovanna September 4, 2013 at 11:53 am

What a beautiful and touching post! Happy 5 years anniversary and many many more…

Emily - it comes naturally September 4, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Congratulations! We just celebrated our first anniversary. Love the photo of the boys coming through the door, they look like a boy band :-)

Adriana Perciballi September 8, 2013 at 10:53 am

Happy Anniversary ~ many, many more years of building wonderful memories that always warm your heart and put a smile on your face! Beautiful post – sorry for the late wishes.

kimmythevegan September 8, 2013 at 11:12 am

Happy Anniversary to you and Eric! Your vows are very moving =) Your wedding looks lovely, your dress beautiful & you look gorgeous!

Connie September 14, 2013 at 9:18 am

Happy Belated 5th Anniversary!! Your pictures are beautiful!! You look absolutely gorgeous!! Those years go by very fast as it seems like we were just celebrating our 5th anniversary and this past May we celebrated our 30th!! I sometimes can’t believe it myself. It’s beautiful when you have a wonderful partner that you can share your life with!! Bless you both to enjoy a long and happy marriage together!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 14, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Hi Connie, happy belated anniversary to you too. Thanks for your kind words!

Sydney Reichhardt October 9, 2013 at 11:42 pm

I’m getting married on August 31 next summer! Must be a good date!

Carli June 16, 2014 at 8:38 am

Hi,

I didn’t know where to post this, but it is wedding related so here it is.

My wife and I recently got married in Saint John, NB, and catered the small wedding ourselves and it was completely vegetarian. I felt that I should tell you that most of the recipes we used was yours, from your website. You have a wonderful website, and natural talent to put things together. Your instructions are easy to understand, and you always give alternatives to things that are either expensive or hard to come by. It was so easy to get everything done for the wedding. Thank you for all the recipes, we are looking forward to buying your book soon (just have to swing by Indigo).

Also your recipes and photos are month watering. Once you start look at them you can’t stop.

Once again thank you!

(Oh I realize now that your wedding anniversary is on my birthday, haha)

Have a great day, and keep it up.

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 17, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Hi Carli,

Congrats on your wedding!! Always nice to hear from fellow maritimers :) (I was born in Moncton). I’m so honoured that you used many of my recipes for your wedding! Thanks for letting me know and all the best!

Matea March 2, 2015 at 6:47 pm

You guys had such a cute wedding! Loving your dress (and that long train!) :)

ReShonda Parker January 20, 2017 at 12:45 pm

I have followed your site for a while and bought your cookbooks, but i hate to admit i have never taken time out to look past the recipes…i did today. The love that you two have for each other is beautiful and is evident in the way you look at each other. I never had a wedding, but i pray someday i will. Things honestly have been rather up and down in my marriage to the point some days i don’t know how i do or will survive….then i hear “God”. Thank you for giving me something to hope for some day. You are beautiful and were such a beautiful bride! I am late, but Congratulations and i wish you both all the best and much much more!