News To Share

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on February 7, 2012

IMG_9446

A few months ago, I told you that I was in talks with publishers about my cookbook proposal and today I can finally tell you the news after sitting on it for a few weeks.

I’m thrilled to tell you I will be writing my first cookbook!

IMG_2247

Without a doubt, none of this would be possible without YOUR support over the past three and a half years. I’m so grateful for every one of you who have shared your life with me, enthusiasm for my recipes, and tolerance for my lame jokes over the years. ;)

IMG_8515

A few years ago, when I set a goal to write a cookbook (even when it was just an “unrealistic dream”), I knew that the cookbook should reflect your vision too. My goal is to engage you throughout the process in hopes that I will be able to produce a book that you are excited to use in your own kitchen. That’s really all I could hope for.

IMG_9058

To kick things off, I created a cookbook mailing list that you can sign up for if you are interested. I’ll be periodically sending out questionnaires for your feedback, insider info about the book, and some other fun things that I’ll keep under wraps for now! This is the first time I’ve used this newsletter, so if there are any problems you encounter, please let me know. I’ve tested it all morning, but you never know what kinks may pop up.

[newsletter]

Note: If you get sick of me, you can unsubscribe at any time with the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter. Also, my host only accepts 200 subscription sign-ups per hour, so if you are having any difficulty signing up, please try again later.]

IMG_5941

As for me, I’ll be blogging as normal over here…you know, spilling containers of chia seeds, destroying perfectly good kitchen appliances, and finding mysterious substances ground into my slippers. Only this year, I’ll be creating twice as many new recipes than usual (did I really just type that?), keeping half for the book and half for the blog. It’s been a real test of patience so far because I want to share every recipe that comes out of my kitchen the second I taste it.

IMG_1751

Thank you for being part of this journey!

Page 9 of 9« First...«56789
Amy S. February 8, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I’m so excited for an Oh She Glows cookbook! Every one of the recipes I’ve tried has been wonderful! I’ve taken them to lots of potlucks and always point people to your blog when they ask where I got the yummy recipes! Congrats!

Katie February 8, 2012 at 6:32 pm

So excited for you and looking forward to the book!

Nicole February 8, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Congratulations! I’ve been reading your blog off and on through the years, and am so excited you will have a cookbook coming out! I can’t wait! Again, a huge congratulations to you!!

Deirdre February 8, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I’ll be the 327 person to say it, but I the sentiment is geniune: Congratulations- you’ve earned this and I wish you all the best!

Syndie February 8, 2012 at 8:48 pm

That is wonderful news! Congrats on the huge news! You go girl.

Ang W February 8, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Way to go Angela! This is such a big deal!! Thanks for being such an inspiration for me. Your blog and recipes were a major factor in the love for cooking that has really developed in me this past year. And according to the many friends I’ve fed, I’m actually pretty darn good at it! A few years ago, when I was newly married, the thought of cooking dinner gave me anxiety. No joke. So I’ve come a LONG way! Thank-you for being a part of my journey toward a healthier lifestyle and discovering the joy of cooking :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 9, 2012 at 9:03 am

Thank you Ang, that makes me happy to hear!

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner February 8, 2012 at 9:42 pm

This is so exciting! I know your cookbook will be the BEST cookbook EVER! :D

Angie February 8, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Congratulations Ange!!!! Best of luck!! I cant wait. I will be the first to buy a copy

Adrienne February 8, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Congratulations! What an amazing adventure you’re going to have. Enjoy!

Jennifer February 8, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Congratulations! And lucky for us that we’ll have a wonderful new cookbook to use in our kitchens!

Stefani February 8, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Congratulations and well deserved!

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous February 9, 2012 at 8:46 am

What amazing news! What a milestone!

Jen Seth February 9, 2012 at 8:52 am

So excited for you!! I cannot wait, just for the photographs because I know they will be AMAZING!! The recipes are a given, I love everything I make from OSG!!!!!!

Cara February 9, 2012 at 8:55 am

That is WONDERFUL news! I’m so excited for you, and I’m so excited for 2014. You’re going to make a lot of people happy with this. CONGRATULATIONS!

Kath February 9, 2012 at 9:13 am

Congrats Ange!

Christine Gillis February 9, 2012 at 9:19 am

Wow Angela! That is so awesome! So looking forward to your cookbook! I find myself asking…hmmm….what am I going to make for supper and then I say…let’s find something from Angela….there is always something new I haven’t tried! I love how you take pictures along the way and I love that your recipes are common ingredients found in a vegan pantry!

Nicole @ giraffelegs February 9, 2012 at 11:01 am

Congrats!!! I can’t wait to see the finished product =) you deserve it!

Hannah February 9, 2012 at 11:32 am

Congratulations! You have support coming from all around!

Deirdre February 9, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Congratulations! Such exciting news and so deserved! I have been a daily reader of your blog and you are so inspirational and fun to follow along each day! I have just loved reading your journey to health and finding your true passion in life and I cannot wait to buy your cookbook! Congratulations again!

Nicole February 9, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Cant wait to buy the book

Willow February 9, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Congratulations! I can’t imagine how exciting it must be to finally sign with a publisher and get such a huge project underway. I signed up for the newsletter and can’t wait to follow along on your path to publication!

Jasper @ crunchylittlebites February 10, 2012 at 12:44 pm

yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how did I NOT comment on this post, I thought I did. I just wanted to take a moment to congratulate you Angela. this is so great…before long and into next year, i;ll have enough savings so that I can make your cookbook my Christmas giftssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Melanie Laperriere Kilian February 10, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Im so happy for you!! you have been my vegan guru since i began my journey to better health and compassion last march. as soon as that book is available for pre-order i will be buying it (im a vegan cookbook junkie lol). again thank you so very much for sharing your life and delicious recipes <3

Shauna February 11, 2012 at 8:38 am

Congrats!! It’s so exciting to actually live out a dream :) May I suggest (and remember all advice is just a suggestion) that you include some of your “oldies but goodies” favorite recipies too. I have my favs of yours in a manilla folder. It would be great to have them all in the BEST cookbook ever too!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 11, 2012 at 10:26 am

I certainly plan on doing that :) Thanks for the reminder!

JenATX February 11, 2012 at 11:09 am

oh Angela, your jokes aren’t lame at all! I love your sense of humor :)

Amanda February 11, 2012 at 11:16 am

I can’t wait!!! Congrats Ange, you’ve worked so hard!

Monique February 11, 2012 at 11:27 am

Congrats! Your book will definitely be worth the wait. :-)

[email protected] Tell Stories February 11, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment!

Melissa Ulrich February 11, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Dreams can become a reality. How exciting! I am so happy for you! I can’t wait to buy it. :-)

Shelley February 15, 2012 at 11:59 pm

What great news, congratulations!! I will definitely be buying a copy :)

Julie February 18, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Congrats! Can’t wait to buy it :)