This Weekend I…

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on May 29, 2011

Played in the dirt.

IMG_6446

Admired the beauty of fallen petals.

IMG_6449

Ran 4 miles on Saturday and took my 17th hot yoga class today. I saw a strong woman in the mirror!

Drank a cold Green Monster after my workouts.

IMG_5399

Did 4 loads of laundry and cleaned some house.

IMG_6524

Went to the mall with Jamie and bought a summer dress from Bebe 50% off.

IMG_6509

Used one of the new cookbooks Eric got me for my Birthday- Clean Start and Clean Food by Terry Walters.

IMG_6397

Bought some delicious cherries.

IMG_6409

Made a Cherry Tart (from Clean Start cookbook).

IMG_6427

It fell apart, but we loved it anyways!

IMG_6431

Helped Eric install the deck railing.

IMG_6494

Watched him carry wood as I drank a beer. ;)

IMG_6458

Went to Costco, bought frozen mangoes, gluten-free & dairy-free crackers, peppercorn, and a mat.

IMG_6493

Almost shed a tear when they didn’t have frozen cherries!

IMG_6444

Gave a little support to my (growing!) plants.

IMG_6453

IMG_6455 IMG_6457

Chatted up the spinach.

IMG_6479

Fought the Dandelion battle with the Fiskar.

IMG_6467

Roasted cauliflower and made Mashed Rosemary Cauliflower. I adapted this recipe.

IMG_6369

Decided that mashed cauliflower is overrated. Give me taters, please! Eric also agreed.

I do think it would make a wonderful soup base though. :)

IMG_6368

I stayed off the computer.

Enjoyed two Spring nights outdoors.

IMG_6488

Realized that the mosquitos love my vegan blood a bit too much!

IMG_6433

I’m also wishing my sister Kerrie a very Happy Birthday! Red heart Love you sis!

IMG_6172_thumb

What have you been up to this weekend? Hope it’s been a great one.

Page 2 of 2«12
Carrie (Carrie on Vegan) May 29, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Hmmm, I adore cauliflower rice and blanched cauliflower florets. Wondering if I might like the mashed version? Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Lizzie May 29, 2011 at 6:52 pm

This weekend:

I had dinner out with a girlfriend, then came home and sat on the verandah with my husband and a glass of white from NZ.

Enjoyed a yummy seafood dinner cooked by said husband.

Did errands up the wazoo.

PR’d a 5 miler by 30 secs and cheered my husband on in his first 1/2.

Spent some time just appreciating not wearing 50 layers and being able to wear flip flops!

Loved your weekend, Angela!

char @ char on a mission May 29, 2011 at 6:57 pm

What a great way to spend the weekend! I’m not a ‘downtown’ kinda girl, but it was my friend’s 25th, so we went to Toronto Friday night!! I want to find those crackers at costco! I also love that you can get a big bag of frozen mangos from costco too, need to investigate that as well!

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts May 29, 2011 at 7:03 pm

This looks like an amazing weekend. You packed a lot in! I’m a tad jealous of your cherries (I have no problem finding frozen, but fresh won’t be an option until the next southern hemisphere summer!) and very impressed with your cherry pie…even if it did fall apart :p

Sportsgirl May 29, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Did you know that you can eat Dandelion? I just mentioned it because it seems like you had a bunch there and if you were that way inclined…
I don’t eat it personally, but I feed it to my rabbit :-)

Marit May 30, 2011 at 3:03 am

True.. the young leaves taste just like rocket salad and you can even make wine from the actual flowers. The roots, if roasted and dried make a wonderful replacement for coffee…
My dad used to make lots of dandelion wine when i was younger and it keeps way better than ordinary white wine. if you get the recipe right it tastes a bit gewurtzaminer-ish and it is wonderfully refreshing on summer nights…
the coffee bit is a bit more difficult to make but the results are quite tasteful…
Waste not, want not !

hehe

Luv What You Do May 29, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I just bought the same two cookbooks. I am excited to use them this summer and your cherry tart looks great!

This weekend I BIKED THE DRIVE!!!

Kris May 29, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Deck looks awesome!!! :)

I love frozen mango…had no idea I could get it at costco!

big sis May 29, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Thank you for the BD wishes! I can’t wait to try those crackers .. going to costco hopefully this week … going Blackberry can hardly wait! Deck looks amazing, can’t wait to see it! xo

Alaina May 29, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Sounds like a wonderful weekend to me! I spent the weekend with my parents, met some new bloggers and ran a hot, sweaty half marathon! :-)

kaila @ healthy helper! May 29, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Congrats on all the hot yoga! I have been struggling to get to classes recently because the weather is so humid and hot as it is! I am always more motivated to go in the dead of winter lol!

Both those foods you made looks wonderful! Cherry tart with fresh cherries!?!?! Yes please!!!

Vanessa @ Loving the Sweet LIfe May 29, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Sounds like you had a very busy weekend.
Today was my sis’ birthday too, I celebrated with vegan cupcakes! ha!
I go through that frozen costco mango like crazy, it’s in almost every smoothie I make.
And I bought a bag of cherries too but wasn’t sure what to do with them – this week will be for pies as there is soo much rhubarb in the garden.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) May 30, 2011 at 12:07 am

This weekend I threw a surprise 70th birthday party for my dad :-)

I thought this post was awesome!

Lara May 30, 2011 at 12:16 am

I am SO HAPPY I just stumbled onto your website! I’m a healthy eater and love an occasional green smoothie. I love trying new foods, experimenting, and eating unusual things. There are few things that I enjoy eating again and again. Your website has amazing recipes, and it looks like it’ll keep me busy for a life time (not kidding!). Thank you so much! Are you going to come out with a cookbook one day? I would love to have all of these recipes on my shelf!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 30, 2011 at 8:41 am

Thank you!

I hope to write a cookbook someday :)

Ashley May 30, 2011 at 12:22 am

17 classes!! Wow!! I feel like you just went to your first. That’s so amazing! Looks like such a fun weekend. The deck looks awesome, as does all the food. :)

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 30, 2011 at 5:54 am

I’ve heard really great things about Terry Walter’s books! I look forward to seeing your interpretations :)

Happy bday to your sister!

Kacey May 30, 2011 at 6:50 am

Just found your blog- thanks for sharing your inspirational story and glimpses into your beautiful life! Can’t wait to dig into some of your recipes. They look so decadent…can’t believe they’re also health!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 30, 2011 at 7:10 am

Sounds like a busy/fun/productive/tasty/fantastic weekend to me Ange! Sorry to hear you couldn’t find the cherries – I think that pitting party we were discussing is going to have to happen! I’ve seen those books that Eric bought for you at Chapters a few times and have been very curious to take a peek inside. I can’t wait to see what else you make with them! Happy Birthday to your sister!

Renee Sims May 30, 2011 at 7:31 am

I love you site and green monsters! They are the best. I usually drink one daily. Can you tell me the full name of the mango powder in your picture . Can’t see if fully . Thanks !

Tori (Fresh Fruition) May 30, 2011 at 7:32 am

I love doing yard work! It’s so relaxing and always so warm outside. And cherry tart sounds fantastic!

I went to the zoo yesterday with my mom and worked on some projects around the house with my dad the day before.

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh May 30, 2011 at 9:10 am

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I was all jazzed to try the mashed cauliflower recipe, then I scrolled down and saw it was meh! LOL I still may give it a go just to say I did.

Katy @ fitinheels May 30, 2011 at 9:59 am

This looks like the PERFECT weekend. Your photos are so beautiful, crisp, and colourful!

Jennifer May 30, 2011 at 10:11 am

I made the tart from Clean Start once as well but with different fruit and mine also fell apart hahaha! (but my family loved the crumbled mess still too)

Moni'sMeals May 30, 2011 at 10:28 am

Yes Strong Woman! That is you for sure. :)

I love your weekend so far, totally my style!

Relaxing, Productive, Fun, Passionate…

Amber K May 30, 2011 at 10:56 am

I love mashed cauliflower but I think adding potatoes to it is essential. Potatoes are packed with potassium and delicious, they gotta be in there somewhere :)

elizabeth May 30, 2011 at 11:06 am

I’m in love with this site, Angela! I’m new to “clean eating.” I’ve lost 20 lbs and feel so good about myself. A site like yours, filled with inspiration and and simple beauty is just what I needed to keep me going!There really is a tranquil feeling in your pictures. I made the Itty Bitty Carrot Cake bites yesterday and loved them! Thanks for sharing all of this wonderful information. You made me even more excited about the healthy path I’ve chosen.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 30, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Thank you Elizabeth for your kind feedback :) Goodluck with your journey!

LizAshlee May 30, 2011 at 1:48 pm

It sounds like you enjoyed a delightful weekend! So happy to hear!

The boy & I picked out & planted a tomato plant & a couple flowers + cleaned house + a few more necessary to do’s…

Worked Sunday then enjoyed a lovely & cozy movie night when I got home

Today, drove to Boulder to get out of town, getting ready to go to the movie to watch Hangover 2, and then grocery shop at Whole Foods & enjoy a tasty Whole Foods dinner!

Of course, had fantastic workouts & ate healthy, yummy food all the while…on Saturday night we enjoyed healthy Cookie Dough Blizzards thanks to your amazing recipe!!

Have a lovely rest of your Monday!

LizAshlee
twitter.com/lizashleeblog

[email protected] Gracious May 30, 2011 at 1:58 pm

LOVE the clean cookbooks! Use them all the time! Just made the strawberry rhubarb nut pie last week. This weekend we rested a lot and gardened a little.

Carly May 30, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I’ve never tried mashed cauliflower….perhaps I will just leave it that way!

We finally had good weather this weekend! Yet Monday definitely brought more rain :(

Sara May 30, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Wow your plants are coming in quick! I just noticed local Cherries at the market today, I can’t believe that season is already here! I still have to wait for my cranberries though!! :(

Angel7 May 30, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I am sure that your husband was a little jealous when he saw you drinking a beer while he was carrying a load of wood for the deck :)

We are enjoying the beautiful weather we are finally having!!! We finally have sunshine, as opposed to the torrential downpours we have had the past while.

Today, I blew up — with a pump :) — a big, inflatable pool for our 3 year-old daughter. She had so much fun splashing around!

Heather May 30, 2011 at 5:52 pm

I volunteered, went to the beach, did some yoga and piles of cooking and baking…it was amazing!

Cait May 30, 2011 at 7:53 pm

That cherry tart looks great (even fallen apart!) but I didn’t see it in the index of Clean Start. Did you adapt it from another recipe?

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 30, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Yup the blueberry tart…followed it exactly except used cherries. :)

Mac May 30, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I went to 2 Brewers baseball games this weekend… I love baseball season and I love summer!

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen May 31, 2011 at 9:13 am

I have the green – Clean Food – cookbook. Love it!

Lauren May 31, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Just made your frozen vegan glo cups this evening and the chocolate oats “cure a chocolate craving” patties/cookie last night! What a great resource you are! I went vegan about 5 months ago and have been trying to eat like a superhero ever since, all this while battling a mean sweet tooth.
I too was wondering what type of organic beer do you drink? I noticed someone else asked as well, sorry if i missed the answer.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 31, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I drink mill street organic….brewed in Toronto!

JenATX May 31, 2011 at 9:17 pm

cherries always remind me of summer! You know what else reminds me of the summer time?… You! I started reading your blog last year and I was introduced to the wonderful world that is OSG :) VOO became my staple breakfast in the hot Texas mornings.. mmmmm