Recipe Link Love + Paul McDonald

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on February 25, 2011

20101016-IMG_7128

The other night while I was in a deep, deep sleep, the little mouse on the wheel was working very hard!

I had a dream…no, a vision.

My vision told me that it would be fun to do a post (or series of posts) highlighting other blogger’s vegan recipes right here on OSG. In my dream, I saw pictures of cookies, brownies, casseroles, pizzas, and muffins, floating among the clouds.

When I awoke, I knew I had to make the dream a reality. Recipe link love will sort of be like my Health News Round Up posts, only this will feature yummy reader recipes (with photos!).

Soooooo….

If you have a kick-bootay vegan recipe that you’d like to submit, email: recipes [at] ohsheglows.com the following info:

• 1 photo of your recipe
  • Title of your recipe
  • The link to the recipe on your blog
  • You can submit as many as you like
  • It doesn’t have to be your original recipe (just make sure to cite the source if using someone else’s)

That is it!

Remember, I’m looking for vegan recipes for this feature, so the picture of your Uncle Bernie’s pig roast ain’t gonna fly. ;)

If your recipe is selected, I will put the title of your recipe (linking back to your blog) along with the photo. I’m not sure how many I will receive so I can’t promise everything will be posted, but I will try to feature as many as I can.

Hopefully, this works out and becomes a fun little series on the blog! Or… I might not receive any submissions at all, and you will be stuck with me for good. It really could go either way.

20101012-IMG_5844

In other news: I’m hooked on this season of American Idol.

Are you guys watching?

More importantly, have you seen Paul McDonald? He is one of my favs so far.

After some Facebook browsing stalking, I discovered that Paul created a band called The Grand Magnolias. I listened to their Album and I loved it so much I bought it on the spot! (The digital download is only $7.99 US).

It’s strange because I haven’t watched American Idol in years, but for some reason this season sucked me in. Eric is also hooked, which is even more funny to me because he is the ANTI-REALITY TV guy.

This concludes my American Idol PSA.

Page 2 of 2«12
Justeen @ Blissful Baking February 25, 2011 at 9:59 am

This is such a fun idea! I can’t wait to see everyone’s recipes!
By the way, I had your pumpkin overnight oats for breakfast this morning, it was SO incredibly delicious! It really did taste like pumpkin pie! I’m definitely be having it for breakfast VERY often. Thank you so much for the yummy recipe!

lauren @ spiced plate February 25, 2011 at 10:01 am

Awesome idea! I submitted a couple of vegan and gluten free recipes! Excited to see the collections of recipes you get!

[email protected] February 25, 2011 at 10:05 am

ah im excited I need to look through my recipe stash!

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) February 25, 2011 at 10:11 am

i love this season so far! so much great talent.. its definitely one of my favorite seasons!

Alyssa - fashion fitness foodie February 25, 2011 at 10:12 am

I will def send you one or two later :)

Alex @ Healing Beauty February 25, 2011 at 10:23 am

I’m excited to send you my recipes and to see all of the chosen ones!

barefoot and frolicking February 25, 2011 at 10:23 am

This is so fun Angela! What a great idea – I would love to send you some delicious recipes. Will do shortly :)

Emily @ One Sweet Vegan February 25, 2011 at 10:27 am

What a great idea! I’m going to look through my recipes today. :-)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 25, 2011 at 11:08 am

Fantastic idea! I have a favorite soup and a “healthy” brownie I’m emailing you.

I love these recaps and seeing what others come up with. There are so many great recipes out there and unfortunately my boss refuses to pay me for reading blogs all day. ;)

Jena February 25, 2011 at 11:17 am

You were in my paper yesterday:

Jen February 25, 2011 at 11:29 am

I have recently tried to start eating a vegetarian diet and found the first few weeks I had huge energy levels and all of a sudden it has dropped off. I am still consuming an enormous amount of veggies but I don’t feel as good. I think it may be lack of protein. How do you add protein into your diet? Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 25, 2011 at 11:33 am

There are a lot of ways to get protein, although it is a bit tricky to figure out at first when you begin (at least it was for me!). I eat a lot of lentils, beans, chickpeas, chia seeds, whole grains (like quinoa), nuts/seeds. I also use protein powder + soy milk occasionally if I think I need a quick boost. It is important to get a protein source with each meal.
Other vegs also enjoy tofu & tempeh, but I personally don’t use them myself.
Goodluck!

Nichole February 25, 2011 at 11:38 am

I also haven’t watched American Idol in a couple years but I like Jennifer Lopez so I started watching this year and also got sucked in, I like Scotty since he is from Milwaukee :)

Michelle February 25, 2011 at 11:48 am

What a great idea! I’m totally going to submit one. :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin February 25, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Great idea for a new blog series! I love finding new recipes to try out! :D

Amber K February 25, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I’m not a fan of American Idol, but I can’t wait to see even more vegan recipes!!

RhodeyGirl February 25, 2011 at 12:49 pm

PhillyBoy and I LOVE his voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m sad Colton got booted though.

Roz February 25, 2011 at 12:49 pm

How fun. Really look forward to the vegan recipes!!!! Have a great Friday Angela!

Megan (Braise The Roof) February 25, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I love this series! I’m going to have to search through my archives and see if I have anything worthy of being featured. :)

Christine (The Raw Project) February 25, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Awesome idea of featuring other vegan recipes, I’ve gotta find one to send you! And I can’t wait to see all the submissions, thanks!

Carolyn @Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. February 25, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Hey, how do you ladies have your photos next to your replies?

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 25, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Check out http://www.gravatar.com and you can set up a free account that will automatically add your selected pic :)

Heidi February 25, 2011 at 1:43 pm

HAHAHA, LOVE that PSA about American Idol… we are also anti-reality TV but HOOKED on this season’s AI… I think that Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez inject some REAL-ness into the show. And there are some pretty compelling stories. Oh, and my husband is also hooked… pretty funny, if you ask me!

LOVE your blog and LOVE the recipes. I will link to you on my yoga blog!
Thanks
Heidi

Kelsey H February 25, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I am definitely addicted to this season as well and I haven’t watched for years! I don’t know whether it’s J-Lo or Steven Tyler or the incredible amount of talent present this season, but I’m definitely hooked! Please keep posting your opinions about it:) Paul is definitely one of my favorites!

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 25, 2011 at 7:12 pm

This sounds like so much fun!!!! Thanks!

xoxox,
Kathleen

Rachel February 26, 2011 at 11:49 am

I submitted a recipe to your inbox! What a great idea! Looking forward to the entire collection! By the way, love your recipes!!

jamie hayworth-chin February 26, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Hi Angela! I think your idea is fabulous and I would LOVE to contribute…however, not all of the photos on my site are “professional” quality. Is it still okay to submit?

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 26, 2011 at 12:21 pm

of course, submit away!

karen February 27, 2011 at 1:00 am

Small world. I’ve followed you for a long time….I went to occupational therapy school where one of my OT professors was Paul’s mother! Hope he wins!

Cathy @ What Would Cathy Eat? March 1, 2011 at 12:46 am

We have healthy eating an an American Idol obsession in common. Cool!

Ali March 5, 2011 at 9:50 am

I am love, love, loving AI this season too!! J.Lo and Steven Tyler have made it seem like an entirely different show….plus the sets seems less cheesy. Thanks for posting the Grand Magnolias links – wow, makes you wonder why he needs to go on AI – they are good!