Christmas 2010

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I hope you are enjoying a day filled with delicious food, loved ones, caffeine, laughter, chocolate, and fun. Did I mention chocolate and caffeine? Ok. Just making sure we are on the same page here.

We have had a great day at my in-laws place. We didn’t end up opening our gifts until about 4pm because we were waiting for Steve and Joanne to arrive (they spent the morning’s at Joanne’s dad’s house). It ended up being nice because it stretched out Christmas day that much longer! It always goes by so quickly…just like a wedding!

IMG_7141

The weather today was about –5C and cloudy skies. I was contemplating getting outside for a run, but I wasn’t motivated enough today. Maybe tomorrow… ;)

IMG_7241

I did venture out to meet the neighbours! Eric and I brought them Glo Bars and Nanaimo bars and in return I asked to borrow vanilla, flour, and baking soda for our recipe! lol.

IMG_2260-2

They were very nice and sent us home with whole wheat flour, vanilla extract, and baking soda!

Whohoo! The show goes on.

IMG_7285

I haven’t tried it yet, but I hope it tastes good because I’ll be blogging about it tomorrow!

IMG_7239

This is the cute bedroom we are sleeping in. The bed has a bed warmer and it is pretty much the best thing since sliced bread.

IMG_7125

IMG_7244-2

IMG_7166

IMG_7168

Scared.

IMG_7178

IMG_7195

My niece and nephew were so excited today…it was fun to watch them open gifts!

IMG_7370

A few of my gifts…

Very excited to try this cookbook out! It looks pretty good.

IMG_7425

IMG_7377

I was also surprised with a Silpat non-stick baking mat. I have wanted one for a couple years now, but I never bothered to shell out the cash for one as they are quite expensive. I’m really excited to try it out in lieu of parchment paper!

IMG_7405

IMG_7395

IMG_7409

I also got a couple serving trays! Expect to see on the blog soon. :)

IMG_7415

IMG_7152

Drinks are being enjoyed…a lot.

IMG_7421

IMG_7414

Lurking deep within the belly of the tree, Sketchie says Merry Catmas! Santa brought Sketchie some cat treats this year. He has already had about 10 treats…plus the dog’s food…plus the other cat’s wet food.

It’s a good day for Sketchie.

Coming up tomorrow…

IMG_7329

Any guesses what Eric and I made?

Page 2 of 2«12
Roz December 26, 2010 at 11:48 am

Merry Christmas Angela!! Great photos as always, and looks like you had a wonderful time. It WAS a good day for Sketchie too!!! He must have been a VERY good boy this year!!!! :) Hope you have a good boxing day!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 26, 2010 at 11:49 am

Ahhh a Silpat!! I had enough foodie items on my list and didn’t ask for one as a result, but I’m interested to see what you think of it! Looks like a wonderful Christmas!

GlowingBIL December 26, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Great photo of Sketchie! Merry Christmas Ang

Ashley December 26, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Looks like some sort of cranberry pecan cookies?? I’m pretty much obsessed with pecans right now…mmmm Looks like you had such a fun day. Did someone buy you a bottle of advil??? If so, that is hilarious!! Love the avocado slicer!! Always so fun to get new dishes for photography. Miss you love!

Suburban Sweetheart December 26, 2010 at 1:13 pm

That cat is a mini-leopard! Beautiful.

Also: The other pictures are pretty, too. :)

Amber K December 26, 2010 at 1:26 pm

I would love a silpat! I wish they weren’t so expensive!

Merry Christmas! I hope yours was great.

Leanne @healthfulpursuit December 26, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Such a festive and warm home! I have a copy of The Vegan Table and absolutely adore it. You’re going to love it!

Lin December 26, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Hope you had a great Christmas Angela!!!!! I’m guessing that you and Eric made cookies :-P

Kelly December 26, 2010 at 2:51 pm

WOW…your pictures make your house look like it came straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog…gorgeous! Glad you had a good X-mas…it looked amazing. :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie December 26, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Aww looks like you had a lovely Christmas warm with cheer and a loving family. SO awesome.

Jennifer December 26, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Merry Christmas!!! I can’t wait to see what you make out of The Vegan Table! I have the book and haven’t been disappointed yet. The no-queso quesadillas are SOOOOO good. You will love that book!

Melissa @ I Never Imagined December 27, 2010 at 10:46 am

Merry Catmas, Sketchie! (And Ange and Eric) hehehe

Tiffany December 27, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Merry (belated) Christmas! Just wanted to send you a “thank you” for the Peppermint Walnut Crunch Blondie recipe. I made a batch of these to share with my family during Christmas dinner and they were delicious!! They were so easy to make, I’m planning on another batch to take to a New Year’s party later this week. I’m looking forward to trying the other blondie recipes soon. :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) December 27, 2010 at 11:24 pm

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!

I got the same appetizer serving set :-)

Best wishes to you and your family.

Jessica @ Black Cat Kitchen January 6, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Please let us know how you like the silpats. I have two and I feel like anything I bake on them tastes like plastic :(