More Champagne, S.V.P.

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on September 20, 2010

Good evening :)

Our Champagne tour yesterday was really fun. We got to tour a couple wineries and learn about how everything is made. The best part of course was the tasting…and a close second was the scenery of Champagne Country. Just breathtaking.

Here are a few more pictures…

20100919-IMG_7913

20100919-IMG_7959

20100919-IMG_7963

My second favourite picture so far:

20100919-IMG_7975

Lunch was here:

20100919-IMG_8004

Mom had a curry risotto:

20100919-IMG_7998

Kristi had a smoked salmon and shrimp salad:

20100919-IMG_7999

The chef was an old school, ‘I don’t cook anything that is not on my menu’ type of chef, but I turned on the charm and amazingly, I was brought a delicious meal.

It just took A LOT of effort at this restaurant. Nothing I can’t handle though. ;) I’m a tough cookie.

It was potatoes, zucchini, cabbage, carrots, and parsley in a balsamic reduction. Pretty sure he also used butter, but there was nothing I could do at that point except eat it and smile. :)

20100919-IMG_8001

20100919-IMG_8018

20100919-IMG_8024

We arrived back to the hotel around 6:30pm and we were absolutely pooped. We mustered up the strength to head downstairs for dinner in the hotel. No gussying up last night!

Knowing that the food in the hotel was already superb (breakfast buffet!), we had no worries about eating there. I had full confidence the chef could prepare me something.

We started with bread and trail mix and devoured both.

20100919-IMG_8058 20100919-IMG_8062

So good.

I was brought a Ratatouille type dish with Edamame and it was pretty much the best thing I have tasted in a long time. I don’t know what he did, but I was one happy girl!!

20100919-IMG_8060

20100919-IMG_8069

Words cannot describe how good that meal was.

Also happy were OSGMOM and Kristi with their pizzas!

20100919-IMG_8064 20100919-IMG_8066

It was a great meal.

This morning my sister and I headed to the gym and busted out a quick 5-6 km run. After showering it was time to eat another amazing breakfast before we started our busy day of sightseeing.

My sister got me to try my very first coffee complete with caramel flavoured sugar and soy milk.

It was SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20100920-IMG_8079

Oh no, I might be hooked on Coffee!!!! lol.

My sis drinks it a lot and she said the coffee here is out of this world.

I had leftover Edamame from last night, so I got it to go knowing that it would make an awesome addition of protein to my breakfast this morning. I LOVED it!!

20100920-IMG_8074

Along with sautéed mushrooms, tomato, grapefruit, mango, and kiwi.

20100920-IMG_8071

Fresh veggie juice!!!

20100920-IMG_8073

I like big breakfasts. :)

My sister’s breakfast (she always tries to make her plate look so nice and wants me to take a picture. So cute!)

20100920-IMG_8077

Then we were off to Musée du Louvre!

20100920-IMG_8213

If you ever come to Paris I strongly recommend the Paris Pass. You not only have access to all the tourist attractions, but you get to skip all the long lines!

20100920-IMG_8127

We posted some Operation Beautiful notes around Paris!

20100920-IMG_8083 20100920-IMG_8085

It says you look beautiful today.

20100920-IMG_8138

20100920-IMG_8087

The Louvre was spectacular!!!!!!!

20100920-IMG_8103

20100920-IMG_8115

Then we arrived to the MOB SCENE!!!!

20100920-IMG_8108

Who could it be?

20100920-IMG_8109

Celebrity sighting!!!!!

20100920-IMG_8114

I’m such a nerd, but I got so giddy when I saw Mona. My heart went a flutter. I refrained from posting an Operation Beautiful note on her…(I think I would have been shot!)

I20100920-IMG_8118

20100920-IMG_8119

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Then it was time for some authentic French Crepes!

A blog reader told me that Le Sarrasin et le Froment is one of the best places for crepes AND I could find a vegan crepe!

20100920-IMG_8152

It had so much charm! Tiny, creative, and so French.

20100920-IMG_8185

20100920-IMG_8173

The sign above means ‘Smiles are free’ :)

20100920-IMG_8175 20100920-IMG_8176

20100920-IMG_8182

Yes we went to town.

I had the Mushroom + Provencal crepe and it was out of this world! I have to try to recreate this at home. I LOVE crepes.

20100920-IMG_8163 20100920-IMG_8167

My sis had some kind of goat cheese one with walnuts, tomato, and salad.

20100920-IMG_8158 20100920-IMG_8156

Mom had ham and cheese. They both raved about them!!

20100920-IMG_8159

I have many more fun pictures to show you, but we are heading out to dinner and the Eiffel tower tonight!

By the way, voting for the Foodbuzz challenge begins today! My first entry can be found here. Head on over and place your votes for your favourite entries.

I’ll be back! (said in Terminator voice).

Page 2 of 2«12
Angela September 20, 2010 at 3:11 pm

All that food looks amazing. You are starting to change my mind about France. I’ve never really enjoyed past trips there. Good tip about the Paris Pass. I got a pass when I went to New York and it saves you so much money on all the big tourist attraction and there are a lot of them in NY!

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather September 20, 2010 at 3:19 pm

All the food looks and sounds amazing!

jodye @ 'scend food September 20, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Wow, every single one of your pictures had me drooling or oohing and aahing. You’re so lucky to be on this trip, all of your eats looks absolutely delicious, and the scenery could not get any better! I’m surprised at how easy it has been for you to find a vegan meal nearly everywhere you go; your powers of persuasion must be very polished

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) September 20, 2010 at 3:29 pm

The food you ladies got looks pretty epic! I can’t believe you’ve never had coffee! You must try frech pressed coffee… If you can believe it, even better than brewed imho.

Fanta September 20, 2010 at 3:39 pm

I am absolutely jealous! It looks like you’re having a fantastic time over there :) Thanks for the posts and sticking your ground in ordering at the one restaurant.

On a side note, if you enjoy the coffee there then enjoy it to the fullest! The tea I had in Korea is above and beyond anything I can get here in Regina *sigh*

Camille September 20, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Your very first coffee!? No way!
I bet you were wired :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) September 20, 2010 at 4:09 pm

It looks like you are having an amazing time – that food all looks SO amazing!!!

Bee Goes Bananas September 20, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Wow, everything looks so beautiful and delicious! :D :D

Tanya September 20, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Am really enjoying all your photos and descriptions of your trip/food! It’s making me get more excited for my possible upcoming trip to Europe next summer….although I haven’t been back since I stopped eating dairy/eggs….

bitt September 20, 2010 at 4:41 pm

You are doing so well at veganizing your vacation! Love it. Yes charm and knowing some french helps a lot. Glad you found a vegan crepe. Yum.

Lin September 20, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Mmmm the ratatouille looks delicious!!! I’m glad you were able to charm your way into getting a specialty dish :-). The caramel sugar coffee sounds amazing! I am a coffee addict so I’d be all over that :-P.

MoniMeals September 20, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Ang! I can’t take the tease anymore! What a blast you are having and the food and the lil cafes, I am ready NOW. :) Carmel coffee…what!
Way to get Operation Beautiful going too!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life September 20, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Oooooo, coffee!!! Your caramel coffee sounds fantastic. I’m a HUGE coffee fan…be careful, you just may get hooked! ;)

Stacie @ Imperfectly Healthy September 20, 2010 at 5:48 pm

It’s so funny that you liked the coffee -I’ve been reading David Lebovitz’s book “The Sweet Life in Paris” and he has an entire chapter on Paris coffee and how it’s not very good! :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 20, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Haha way to go on trying your first coffee! You should give vanilla lattes a try. They will rock your world! :D

Nikki September 20, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Ohmy… This reminds me of when I went to Paris… Easily my favourite place in the world!
When my husband and I went, we took a train out to a town near the boarder and went to the museum that Dali created and gave to his home town…
Such wonderful experiences in that part of the world, so glad it was enjoyable for you! :)

Lisa (bakebikeblog) September 20, 2010 at 6:18 pm

Oh my – what stunning photos! And I love that you used the edamame for breakfast too!

Jillian @ Reshape Your Life September 20, 2010 at 6:37 pm

I love crepes! There was a Crepe shop near my college that I would always drag everyone too.. They were DELICIOUS. But I always had sweet crepes not savory ones… Maybe I will try to make my own…

Can’t wait to see pictures of the Eiffel Tower!

Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl September 20, 2010 at 6:43 pm

That curry risotto looks amazing! I want to go to Paris….now!

Nichole September 20, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Your pictures are gorgeous, and you all look like you are having such a wonderful time. I’m so jealous!

MarathonVal September 20, 2010 at 7:27 pm

So glad you are having such a great time!!! :)

I’m curious… when you are ‘convincing’ chefs to make you a vegan meal, do you say that you are vegan, or do you tell them you are lactose-intolerant? I often find that this little white lie is more effective than explaining veganism – and no restaurant wants to get a patron sick or have an allergic reaction!

stacey-healthylife September 20, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Such a beautiful city and the food looks amazing.

Danielle September 20, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Crepes are amazing… it’s especially fun to watch them being made on those crepe-surfaces.

Jen September 20, 2010 at 7:44 pm

I love that you’re using Westin postits for your Operation Beautiful notes! Aren’t they they best! My bestie works at Westin and is always bringing me their postits when she comes home to visit….nice to see they have them in Paris too :)

Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 20, 2010 at 8:23 pm

I am so jealous of you right now it is not even funny…

Lisa (Fit in the Midwest) September 20, 2010 at 8:28 pm

You are making me want to go to France so badly! When I went to the Louvre, they weren’t allowing pictures of the Mona Lisa–but now I see they are. Hope your time at le tour eiffel was fabulous. Can’t wait to see more pictures.

Lauren @ RawIsSexy.com September 20, 2010 at 8:29 pm

When I saw the Mona Lisa I couldn’t believe how SMALL it was! I think I was expecting it to be huge after all the fuss people have made over it over the years…but it was definitely really cool to be standing in the same room with it, even if it is behind flash proof and bullet proof glass.

So glad you are having such an amazing trip!!!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 20, 2010 at 8:33 pm

I can’t believe you never had coffee before!!! I’m addicted!

Wei-Wei September 20, 2010 at 8:39 pm

I agree with Jessica. So. Durn. Jealous.

Valerie September 20, 2010 at 8:42 pm

I loved the Louvre! I’ve been there twice now and I always have to go in and check on the Mona Lisa. Very hot and crowded room… but you have to see it in person… very important to do that if you go to the Louvre! Did you get to see the Venus de Milo? I love Nike of Samothrace (Winged Victory). I want to go back to the Louvre and Europe in general now that I know a little more about the art there!

Have fun and keep on exploring!

Alexa @ The Girl In Chucks September 20, 2010 at 8:44 pm

The Louvre?! The Eiffel Tower?! Crepes?!

You are living a charmed life, missy! ;)

Kristie September 20, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Amazing views, amazing eats, amazing trip overall so far! So jealous. I would LOVE to travel there someday. Seriously very happy about your first coffee experience right now, that’s too funny. Oh boy I love my coffee. I don’t think there could have been a more perfect way for you to experience it for the first time! Though standard old coffee pot java probably won’t do anything for you once you’re back home haha.

laura @ Starloz September 20, 2010 at 9:44 pm

ohhhh. i want to be there, those crepes – mmmmmm

Lynna September 20, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Though substantial vegan eats seem somewhat difficult to find, it looks like you’re having a wonderful time. Traveling is the best!

By the way, I think those beans you had at dinner are actually fava beans, not edamame. I could be wrong but I wanted to put it out there in case you wanted to create something similar at home :)

Tricia September 21, 2010 at 6:47 pm

I agree…those do not look like edamame. I was going to say they’re either favas or limas, but they do look more like lima beans.

Susan September 21, 2010 at 9:25 am

You tried coffee!!! Ohman, after trying the french stuff, you are going to be so dissapointed when you come home and try Tim’s :P Mona Lisa was a mob scene when I saw her too. And the glass case kind of took away from the whole experience – still neat through! I had a ham & cheese crepe a couple days ago, but have a sneaking suspicion it wasn’t *quite* as good as the one your mom & sis got. Loving these recaps! What a great bonding experience for you girls!

Sami September 21, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I can’t think of which one, but your sister reminds me SO much of a certain actress!! UGH I wish I could think of it…anyway, I’m having a history test tonight including the life of DaVinci! SO COOL/COINCIDENTAL that I got to see the actual Mona Lisa through your post today! Thanks for sharing, dear! I want to see it for myself someday too! Look slike you had an amazing time!

xo.

Sana September 22, 2010 at 12:37 pm

I wish you could stay in Paris forever ( w/ Eric) I love all the AWESOME vegan food that you have been eating :)

Tina September 25, 2010 at 3:29 pm

I am in Paris for the weekend and went to the crepe restaurant from your recommendation. It was fabulous! I am so stuffed! Thx for posting about it.