All Is Well

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on September 3, 2010

Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait, it has been too long!

On Wednesday night, I went to make a batch of vegan overnight oats before bed and I realized that I was out of almond milk. It was almost midnight and I was so desperate I considered making almond milk from scratch and then Eric convinced me to stop being a crazed lunatic and go to bed.

Sometimes husbands know best.

Thursday morning, I awoke happy and then my heart sank when I realized I did not have any oats waiting for me.

However, the almond milk is now back baby! All is right in the world again.

20100903-IMG_2105

Cherry-Blueberry Chocolate Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait

Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1.5 tbsp vega Chocolate Protein Powder (yum!!!)
  • 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/3 cup cherries, chopped & pitted
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
  • cacao nibs, for garnish
  • Banana soft serve

Directions: The night before (or 1-2 hours before you want to eat) in a small bowl mix the oats, milk, protein powder, chia seeds, cherries, and blueberries in a bowl. Whisk well to get out clumps. In the morning, remove from fridge and layer in a glass with Banana soft serve (1 frozen banana processed until soft serve forms). Add toppings and enjoy!

20100903-IMG_2125

This

20100903-IMG_2107

was

20100903-IMG_2109

amazing.

20100903-IMG_2122

I have a ton of amazing health links for you to help pass the time before the long weekend! ;) Enjoy!

Health News Round Up:

Spotted:

Well, it is Friday and I am determined to get caught up by the long weekend.

One, two, three…break! Happy Friday :)

Page 2 of 2«12
Allison September 3, 2010 at 3:39 pm

The happiest of mornings can be saddend when there are no oats:( I didnt have any bananas last night so i subbed apple sauce, still good but not the same:( Must buy bananas and more steel cut oats!!!

Have a great weekend:)

Shannon, Tropical Eats September 3, 2010 at 3:50 pm

these look great as usual :) Happy Friday Ang! enjoy the long weekend ahead wahoooo

MoniMeals September 3, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Hi Angela! Thank you for the health round up, I just love it! Have a great weekend. Your parfait looks far too perfect to eat! :) I hate when we run out of almond milk!

Liza (Health Nutting) September 3, 2010 at 4:22 pm

You have the most aesthetic breakfasts hands down! YUM!

[email protected] September 3, 2010 at 4:46 pm

when i tried out these parfaits for the first time i was totally blown away. i made a banana blackberry carob one for my mom a few breakfasts ago and she couldnt stop telling me “i cant believe this is healthy!!” we’re gonna make them next summer when we have a backyard party. i think theyll be perfect as an afternoon treat <3

xoxo

Kate September 3, 2010 at 5:01 pm

I had a parfait for breakfast too this morning! You’ve got me totally hooked. Today I made the banana soft serve with cocoa powder and almond butter mixed in… mmmm it was fantastic. Yours looks so pretty! I need to get some cuter drinking glasses or something, mine are ugly and my parfaits always look so boring, haha.

*Andrea* September 3, 2010 at 5:08 pm

i missed your wedding anniversary post the other day – was traveling for work – and just wnated to say happy anniversary! you were a STUNNING bride and you are so beautiful today too, inside and out! i really hope i can grow to have your confidence and self esteem because it is so beautiful :)

yummy bfast! those apple cupcakes looked great too!

Danielle September 3, 2010 at 5:24 pm

This looks like a layered ice cream sundae here :)

Kristen @That Hoosier Girl September 3, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Yummmm! Your overnight oats parfait looks like something out of a magazine!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 3, 2010 at 7:42 pm

I hate it when I want to make something, only to find out I don’t have a certain ingredient! But I guess it makes it more special when you finally get that ingredient to make it! :D

Gina @ Gina Eats Beans September 3, 2010 at 10:33 pm

I don’t have a food processor yet but once my husband and I move into our new house that is one of the first things I want. The first thing I plan on making is definitely Vegan Overnight Oats Parfait! I already make the overnight oats and I drool everytime you post pics of your parfait. I love that you served it in a glass jar!

Lin September 4, 2010 at 12:59 am

Yay my blog is listed! All of my friends want to try your salt and vinegar chick pea recipe. It’s so easy yet so tasty :-).

Ashley Davidson September 4, 2010 at 9:08 am

Thanks for yet another fantastic recipe. I LOVE overnight oats and cannot stop talking about them with my hubby and all my non-vegan friends. They think I am insane, but seriously, i’d rather eat one of those parfaits of yours than a big hunk of fatty chocolate cake (ok, well, most of the time anyways). Keep up the great work. Your food-love is inspiring!

Sava September 4, 2010 at 1:55 pm

I loved the links!
Especially the ones that were lists, like “5 reasons…” etc.
Thanks :)

Kristen September 4, 2010 at 6:50 pm

I feel like the only thing I ever write is that looks good or I want to try that, but everything on here looks awesome including that.