Launch

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on August 12, 2010

Greetings!

We finally made it to bed last night at 1:30am and were up at 6am. Saaa-weet. ;)

You know I love my Green Monsters, Japanese Sencha green tea, and Vegan Overnight Oats in the morning, but I’m pretty sure there is no better way to start the day than a juicy mango.

IMG_5862

Off. the. hook.

Mango > Cherries (this week, anyways)

I also made some Carob Pumpkin Vegan overnight oats to go along with it!

IMG_5848

Carob Pumpkin Vegan Overnight Oats

Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin
  • 2 tbsp carob powder
  • 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 tbsp almond buttahhhh

Directions: Whisk everything together except the almond buttahhhh in a small bowl and place in fridge for about 1/2 hour (or longer if preferred).

IMG_5854

Fueled up and ready to fly!

We’re going to miss Sketchie dearly.

IMG_2870-2

I think he is sad too.

IMG_2876

He loves sleeping on paper, by the way. It’s like a nest. ;)

IMG_2867

He is going to have tons of fun with grandma and grandpa…he just doesn’t know it yet!

I stuffed our suitcases full of Glo Bars and Amazing Grass. I should be good to go!

IMG_1907

We are flying out of Buffalo as it was about $200 cheaper than flying out of Toronto. When we arrive we are meeting up with Eric’s Irish uncle who just happens to be in town for Lollapalooza that he is catering. Other plans include possibly going to the Yum Universe Launch Party tonight.

See you in Chicago!

Page 3 of 3«123
Paula August 12, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Sketchie is so cute. (sorry, new to your blog) I have not had pumpkin in soo long. It is definitely time, those oats looks great!

Amanda August 12, 2010 at 11:29 pm

Cats love sleeping on paper! I always save tissue paper for mine. She likes to tear it up and then sit on her ‘spoils’ ….. uh she has a vendetta against all tissues.

missfitbliss August 13, 2010 at 9:37 am

I am so excited to go to HLS next year! I’m a new healthy blogger who found out about the conference too late. I hope you have a great time!

Amy August 18, 2010 at 9:26 am

Where do you buy your chia seeds and what brand? I am on a gluten-free, dairy-free, wheat-free diet and need some help! Thanks!

Amy August 19, 2010 at 2:11 pm

So, I tried making the Carob Pumpkin Vegan Overnight Oats, but they didn’t turn out. I didn’t have the right ingredients on hand, so that probably had something to do with. I substituted ground flax seed for the chia seeds, cocoa powder for the carob powder & rice milk for the almond milk. It turned out bitter (I’m guessing from the cocoa vs carob – is carob sweeter than cocoa? I’ve never had it before) and runny (I’m guessing from the consistency of rice milk vs almond milk?) HELP!

Dominique August 22, 2010 at 10:32 am

I love your photos of Sketchie. The second one of him is priceless. My cats have a thing for tissue paper, which makes wrapping gifts in bags a little difficult.