No Better Feeling

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on August 9, 2010

Good morning!

I always tell myself that working on a weekend is something I am trying to get away from, but sometimes there is no better feeling than getting up on a Monday morning and seeing 8 parcels ready to be shipped out. And a clean house. And clean clothes hanging in the closet. And leftover enchiladas in the fridge that I’m hoping Eric doesn’t take to work.

IMG_5756

You know what is also great?

This.

IMG_5776

Pumpkin Pie Parfait with Cinnamon Spiced Banana Soft Serve

Ingredients:

• Pumpkin Pie Vegan Overnight Oats (1/3 cup oats, 1 cup almond milk, 1/3 cup canned pumpkin, 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1.5 tbsp chia seeds, 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup)
  • Cinnamon Spiced Banana Soft Serve (Process 1 frozen banana with 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a glug of almond milk)
  • Topping ideas: Cacao nibs, raisins, coconut, maple syrup, cinnamon, walnuts, pecans, etc.

IMG_5765

Monday Morning Bliss.

IMG_5762

I think I’m going to be going through a lot of pumpkin this fall!

IMG_5759

I forgot to mention, when you make the pumpkin pie vegan overnight oats, it is ready to eat very quickly. I think it is the pumpkin that makes it really soft and it also absorbs tons of the milk. It is honestly ready to eat in less than 1/2 hour- and if you really wanted you could eat it almost instantly. I should know because I was picking at this last night when I whipped it up! ;)

IMG_5768

Here is a cute read that I came across this morning that I thought you might enjoy…

Have a great start to your week!

Page 2 of 2«12
Katheryn August 9, 2010 at 10:36 am

The pumpkin oats look yummy!

I loved the link to the list. I have two children and totally agree with all 10.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 9, 2010 at 10:39 am

Oh my goodness, stop it with all of these pumpkin recipes!!! You’re making me very sad that I have no cans of it in my pantry! lol

This looks AMAZING. But your breakfast parfaits always do :-D

Holly August 9, 2010 at 10:45 am

Angela,
Do you track the calories when you make these oats? I have been eating them pretty consistently and am finding that one serving can be close to 400-500 calories depending on what I add. I was just curious if you had experimented with various sizes and how you got your measurements.
Thanks!

AngelaOSG August 9, 2010 at 5:42 pm

No I don’t track the calories

Kara @ MyWellnest August 9, 2010 at 10:47 am

Resting on a weekend always feels good, but being prepared on a Monday morning feels GREAT!
Cute article on kids, thanks for sharing :-)

Amber K August 9, 2010 at 11:12 am

I was eating pumpkin pie oatmeal like crazy for awhile and I totally got out of the habit as soon as summer came and the fresh berries were rolling out.

I still have a can in the cupboard, so I’ll have to try this soon!

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' August 9, 2010 at 11:12 am

That parfait is SO pretty! I am in love with all-things-pumpkin, and I can’t wait to start eating it again! Our weather is still a little too warm for it yet, though… hopefully it will start feeling like fall soon!

I don’t mind working on weekends, either, if it means my Monday is a little easier! ;)

Crystal August 9, 2010 at 11:33 am

There is nothing quite like waking up to a clean house. It is a sure sign of a free day!
Pumpkin is so delicious. I can’t wait to try this recipe. :)

Shanna, Like Banana August 9, 2010 at 11:46 am

I’m not going to lie..I’d be pretty stoked all day knowing I could come home to those enchiladas. Lucky for me, I’m getting Mexican tonight!

Danielle (Runs on Green) August 9, 2010 at 11:54 am

Um, can you pleaseee open up a breakfast shop?? I would come there every morning :)

adina August 9, 2010 at 12:03 pm

This morning I made my first ever batch of Vegan Overnight Oats and I fell in complete love and utter bliss with it! I never knew almond milk could taste so good :D Can’t wait to try out this pumpkin pie version…reminds me of the we’re getting closer to autumn and closer to the bittersweet farewell to summer :(

Tina @ The Shakespearean Tomato August 9, 2010 at 12:50 pm

I have to be honest with you, I really REALLY tried to like overnight oats. I made them a few times, I tried different variations, I threw most of them away. I don’t know, texture? Temperature? I like oatmeal, but cold gooey oats just didn’t do it for me. On the OTHER hand I am totally hooked on green monsters and have started making green smoothies for breakfast several times a week and I know I will be making more once school starts and I have to be there at an ungodly 8am every day! My question is…why would they schedule theatre classes at 8am?? Don’t they know us stage folk are all nocturnal??

Just wanted to say I love your blog…it was one of the first healthy living blogs I started reading close to a year ago and really has inspired me. I am making huge changes in my own life similar to you (quit the corporate job, pursuing what I love, making positive health changes) and I just started a blog too…nowhere near as pretty as yours yet, but you gotta start somewhere, right? Have a great day!

~Tina (The Shakespearean Tomato)

AngelaOSG August 9, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Glad you enjoy the blog! =)

GlowingBIL August 9, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Great list of things. Kids change your life so much.

Enjoy your trip this week and thanks for loaning us Eric tonight for babysitting. We’ll see if he can relate to the list after one night of looking after his niece and nephew

Maddie August 9, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Yum! Those overnight oats look delicious. I love pumpkin and banana soft serve so I will have to try this!

Marathon Bound Gal aka Grace August 9, 2010 at 2:06 pm

PUMPKIN…PUMPKIN….PUMPKIN….it makes me want fall to be here!!! Of course, in Dallas, Tx., fall doesn’t happen till like November…LOL! Yuck!

Mini @ Wedding Accessories by Mini's Work August 9, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I think I drool over your breakfast every day! Yum! :)

Christine August 9, 2010 at 2:23 pm

I tried overnight oats a few weeks ago and am loving every minute of them BUT Pumpkin overnight oats…… …… I can’t WAIT to try this!!! Pumpkin is my favorite part about fall!!!

Katy @MonsterProof August 9, 2010 at 2:30 pm

It’s been a couple years since I grew pumpkins, but it might be time to start again! Yum!

Paige @ Running Around Normal August 9, 2010 at 2:49 pm

You’re startin’ early with the pumpkin this year! I’m going to *try* and hold out until October. However, September is more realistic :-P
Looks delish!

Tanya Kummerow August 9, 2010 at 2:51 pm

The pumpkin voo just keeps getting better and better. Can’t wait to try it! I need to go get some pumpkin!

Rachel August 9, 2010 at 2:58 pm

I miss pumpkin so much. It was never something I had just during fall or winter month. I bought it all year round. I can’t find it in any stores now. Last year there was a bad crop I believe, so Libby’s is nonexistant and I haven’t been able to find other brands in any stores in Baltimore. I’ve considered buying a case online…Maybe I’ll break down. I miss canned pumpkin. I wish I’d have stocked up last winter when it was still available!!

Mac August 9, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Wow that looks and sounds delish! I am going to have to try that one.

Stacey @ Tipping the (Kitchen!) Scales August 9, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Crikey, you work soooo hard!! Where do you find the time to make all of your delicious meals?!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 9, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I opened up a can of pumpkin today to use in a snack. :D Now that it’s open, I have no excuse not to make this for breakfast soon!

Lisa (BBB) August 9, 2010 at 5:05 pm

WOW – congrats on all your hard work! And I LOVE that glass you served breakfast in! I miss all my nice glasses / plates / bowls – they are all still packed away :( Only 3 more months til we get to move in to our new house!

Christa August 9, 2010 at 5:09 pm

pumpkin overnight oats will definitely make a repeat appearance for my breakfast tomorrow, WITH the BSS! I didn’t want them to end this morning… this one looks amazing as usual :)

of course, I had the can of pumpkin open, I had to make the oatmeal cookies as well. I cannot believe how soft they are! the hubs and I LOVE them!

Ann August 9, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Mmmm that looks soo good! It reminds me of the Frozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity!

Valerie August 9, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Lovely post! The kids article was adorable. Loved it! Hope you’ve had a pleasant Monday. : )

Lori August 9, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Who knew overnight oats (and delicious banana soft serve!) could be so beautiful photographed. You are talented! :) And not just for the pictures. Love what you are all about. Truly inspirational.

[email protected]://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ August 9, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Love that little cup/bowl, it’s so cute.

Amanda @ Cakes and Ale August 9, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Yum! I couldn’t find pumpkin the other day at the store, so I bought pureed butternut squash instead… Worked like a charm, and almost had a sweeter, more delicate texture?! Either way, I’m already heralding the return of the winter squash!

Pure2raw twins August 9, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Your pumpkin oats look amazing!! I am looking forward to fall because I love fall squashes!!

Danielle August 9, 2010 at 10:53 pm

The pumpkin oats look like they also might be good with some crushed graham cracker topping… for the upside-down, inside-out, oat-filled pumpkin pie effect :)

Alyson @ Runner's Gut August 10, 2010 at 12:20 pm

After reading your mouth watering post about your banana soft serve/pumpkin overnight oats combo I had no choice but to race to the store, grab some punmpkin and demolish my own bowl this morning! I have been so inspired by your pumpkin talks that I may also use up the leftovers to make those fabulous looking banana/pumpkin cookies!

I am new to your blog and think it is awesome and I also love that you have an offical GM website! You’ve got me hooked, and as I will be living in St Catharines shortly, I think I may have to order some Glo bars! :)

Kate August 10, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I don’t know what excites me more – seeing those boxes or a new Green Monster mix! As much as I love summer, I have to admit I love autumn more…bring on the pumpkin spice-y-ness.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) August 15, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Beautiful pumpkin pie parfait!!!