Sunset Beach

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on July 20, 2010

IMG_3302

Good morning!

Date night was fun last night. Eric took me to the beach to watch the sunset.

It was such a gorgeous night out. Gotta make use of all these summer nights before they are gone!

IMG_3298

IMG_3319

Sadly the trees blocked the sunset, so we only got to see bits and pieces of it while biking home! But it was still beautiful.

IMG_3418

IMG_3329

IMG_3423

Hmm how did my Raw Energy Cookie Bite end up in my pocket…the cookie fairy must have put it there!

IMG_3426

Yum.

Biked home.

Removed sand from sneakers.

Ate a Frosty No-Bake Glo Cake.

Made Lavender tea.

Read Eat Pray Love.

Finished Book 2 India.

Dreamed about having an effortless run.

Woke up and did not have effortless run (maybe later?).

For the most part I enjoyed the India Book in Eat Pray Love. It has actually made me want to re-visit meditation in my own life. While many of the things Elizabeth talked about at the Ashram were a bit extreme for my taste, I realize that not every form of mediation is the same and one thing isn’t going to work for everyone. I appreciate the overall message of the book and I think it was a worthwhile read. I am really excited for Bali! I found by the end of the India book I was ready to move on.

IMG_3275

Frosty No-Bake Glo Cakes (Trial 2: Carob Peanut Butter)

In this version I sweetened the cakes with carob powder, took out the maple syrup, cocoa powder, and chocolate and I added more peanut butter. It was delicious! For the original recipe, see this post.

Ingredients:

• 1 large very ripe banana
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup crisp rice cereal
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1-2 tbsp cacao nibs
  • 1.5 tbsp carob powder
  • Shredded unsweet. coconut, for garnish (optional)

Directions: Mash banana in a medium sized bowl (I use a potato masher!). Add carob powder and peanut butter, and stir until fully mixed. Now stir in oats, cacao nibs, and rice crisp. Divide into 4 Glo Cakes by spooning the batter into a muffin liner. I used reusable muffin liners are they worked perfectly. Sprinkle with coconut and place in the freezer for 60-80 minutes. Do not over-freeze them. You want them a bit chewy and not too hard. They will however melt quite fast so please serve immediately.

They also have a great nutritional profile!

rawcake

[Includes all ingredients above except the coconut garnish]

The reusable muffin liners worked awesome!

IMG_3249

I realized why I love these so much…they are basically like eating frozen vegan overnight oats!

IMG_3245

IMG_3264

All kinds of yum. I had one after the bike ride and it was so refreshing.

IMG_3269

I am off to get back to work..have a wonderful day and I’ll see you later!

Page 2 of 2«12
Melissa July 20, 2010 at 12:29 pm

What a gorgeous night! Love that picture of the sky!
Those frosty glo cakes are so cute. I need to get some of those reusable muffin containers.:)
Enjoy Bali in EPL!!!

Lisa July 20, 2010 at 12:30 pm

What a great place to swim and run! Looks like paradise!

Amber K July 20, 2010 at 12:35 pm

What do you do with the leftovers? Or do they all get eaten right away?

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010 at 3:45 pm

You just freeze them and pop them out when you want one. Just let them soften for 5 mins or so first.

Amber K July 20, 2010 at 3:53 pm

awesome! Thanks =)

Callie July 20, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Glad you had a great date night!
I’ve gotta try those cookies. They look so good. :)

[email protected] July 20, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Sounds like a nice date night :-) Your Glo Cakes look amazing, of course! I should invest in some of those reusable muffine liners… what brand are yours?

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Im not sure, I checked on the bottom and there was no brand name :(

Rosey Rebecca July 20, 2010 at 12:50 pm

What a beautiful date night! I love nights like that. They make me smile.

Reusable muffin liner are such a good idea! Are they hard to clean?

Your raspberry vinaigrette from the previous post looks amazing (catching up on posts, so i figured I’d just leave every comment ever here!)

The no-bake glo cakes sound scrumptious!

Have an awesome day!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I don’t find them hard to clean…sometimes I even pop them in the dishwasher!

Laura (youngDCliving) July 20, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I love those reusable muffin liners! I don’t have any of those, but I do have a silicone muffin pan and I love it–everything slides out so easily and clean up is a breeze.

Where you live is gorgeous–I NEED to visit Canada :)

Kristin July 20, 2010 at 1:48 pm

We’ve made the frosty no-bake treats a couple of times already, and I thought you’d like to know that my girls have nicknamed them “Pookies” becuase they are somewhere between a popsicle and a cookie!

I actually ate them for breakfast every day for a while….makes mornings EASY.

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010 at 3:46 pm

haha pookies, love that

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans July 20, 2010 at 2:38 pm

What a beautiful trail to take a bike ride on. I wish I had something like that close to home.

Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble July 20, 2010 at 3:08 pm

What a great evening bike ride! The new Glo cakes look awesome!

Leah July 20, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Those look amazing. I think I’ll need to try those soon. Do you have any suggestions on making them nut free? I think the kids will love the, but for school we must be nut free.

Emily @ For Sweets Sake July 20, 2010 at 4:40 pm

I’m so jealous you can wear pants and sweatshirts in the summer! It’s tooo hot in Florida! I am not a southern girl! haha :)

Palma July 20, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Today I tried my version of your frosty no-bake treats and funnily enough I also used carob powder (just a bit less than you) :)
I made a couple of substitutions because of what I had in the pantry, but they were delicious. Here are the ingredients:

1 large very ripe banana
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup crisp chocolate oat granola
2 tbsp dark almond butter
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp cacao nibs
1 tsp carob powder

I would love that you give these a try and tell me what you think :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin July 20, 2010 at 6:29 pm

I can’t wait for my bananas to hurry up and ripen so that I can make these!

I love the reusable muffin cups. Where did you get yours? :)

[email protected]://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ July 20, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Thanks for the recipe, those look so good. Gotta get some reusable muffin cups.

Allison July 20, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I just started reading Eat, Pray, Love too. So far I love it! She’s so easy to identify with! I hope the movie is as good as the book.

MB July 21, 2010 at 6:30 am

The “Pray” part was my least favorite part of the book. When you finish it and are looking for something a little more light-hearted to read, you should check out Drink Play [email protected] which is the guys version of the story. It’s about Gilbert’s husband going to Ireland, Vegas and Thailand after his wife goes off to Italy. It was a fun read.

Penny Knight July 28, 2010 at 10:23 pm

After dreaming about these since this post went up I finally made some of my own tonight. So much healthier than the No Bake Cookies I ate when I was little. I used Cocoa Powder instead of Carob powder and sweetened with Honey, then decided I wanted a little spice to my life and added 2tsp of cinnamon. MMMM, I might eat them all tonight;)