Lock Me Up

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on July 16, 2010

and throw away the key!

I had the In A Jiffy Curry Chickpea burgers for both lunch and dinner. And let’s not forget breakfast either. Like Miley, I cannot be tamed.

IMG_2807

and they are just so darn healthy it hurts!

IMG_2803

Eric gave his seal of approval and he doesn’t like curry, but says they aren’t too spicy.

IMG_2805

We got in a great In A Jiffy inspired Brick workout today, despite this blistering heat!

Leg 1 = Run:

• 2.10 miles in 19:20 mins

Leg 2 = Bike:

• 3.25 miles in 21 mins

The bike ride was so much fun…we went through the trail again and I finished really strong (once I got over the cobwebs, new rocks, and major over-growth!).

Dinner was also In A Jiffy

IMG_2790

That would be one of my ridiculous sized salads in a casserole dish. I cannot eat salads in salad bowls as they are much too small.

I am always asked, ‘Are you really going to eat all that salad?!’ and I grin and say ‘Yes, why yes I am.’

IMG_2795

I remember a few weeks ago, I made a salad so big that I just couldn’t finish it all. I put it in the fridge and it got all mushy. That was a very sad day. I tried to pawn it off on Eric to eat and he looked at me like I had two heads.

IMG_2797

This amazing salad contained: mixed greens (~5 cups), TJ’s lime salsa, sugar snap peas, shredded carrots (lol), 1 x-large In a Jiffy curry chickpea burger, 3 green onions, tomato, better than bottled balsamic vinaigrette.

IMG_2798

It was bliss in a bowl casserole dish.

IMG_2801

Now back to the pictures of pictures…

Firstly, Thank you for all of your wonderful suggestions and ideas!

Secondly, many of you were asking if I could put my prints in an Etsy store. I am definitely considering it. Does anyone know if it is possible to have an Etsy store automatically donate a percentage to charity? I would like to do that if possible.

IMG_2809

We are pretty happy with this arrangement above, but perhaps it could be improved by re-arranging a couple pictures…any ideas?

It will be going on this wall:

IMG_2816

This was my inspiration (from Young House Love) I printed off the photo and brought it with me to the kitchen table!

IMG_2818

I would love if you could vote on your favourite arrangement below!

A)

IMG_2680

B)

IMG_2820

C)

IMG_2823

D)

IMG_2824

E)

IMG_2826

F)

Note that this below is NOT included in the poll as it resembles a headless person!  First, carrot showgirls and now headless picture people, what next!?  :biggrin:

IMG_2825

Arrangement A, B, C, D, or E (or perhaps another??) will be going on this wall:

IMG_2687

If you think of something else, please tell me what you would do instead!

See you tomorrow AM for tons of fun market goodies! I need to get back to my market prep…

IMG_2856

Bye!

Page 2 of 2«12
Lindsay July 16, 2010 at 8:55 pm

I say A…but I like things symmetrical. The whole asymmetrical thing makes my eye twitch :)

Michelle July 16, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Ange, C is my favorite!! :)

The layout is just classy, modern, and I feel like all the pictures get a fair chance of attention.

Charlie July 16, 2010 at 9:01 pm

That salad looks amazing! I actually eat my salads in a big ceramic mixing bowl :).

Laura (Starloz) July 16, 2010 at 9:20 pm

I really dont like salads in small bowls. they’ve got to be spread out

Wei-Wei July 16, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I think definitely A or E for sure! That salad is wonderfully huge and awesome. :)

Wei-Wei

Anne @ Chute Assis July 16, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Definitely “C” ! i love that it’s slightly symmetrical, without being cliche or ‘matchy’ :) They are really striking photos, and I am a huge fan of using a combination of framed and ‘unframed’ photos in wall arrangements!

Brittany July 16, 2010 at 9:56 pm

I vote for arrangement C!

Hillary July 16, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Hi,
I like C the best, but think you should try doing a remix of A where you have all four of the small photos on one side of the one large picture (like potatoes above asparagus, next to beets over cherries then the 8×10, if that makes sense :P), so then it is sort of balanced, but still a little asymmetrical.

Catherine July 16, 2010 at 10:11 pm

I’m really diggin D!

Sarah for Real July 16, 2010 at 11:02 pm

I just wanted to say that I voted A. I noticed the next popular was C but I did not choose that because you’ve got a more horizontal shaped void to fill, with the way the chair rail proportions it. A is more horizontal than C I think. Just my $0.02.

Kelly Yvonne July 16, 2010 at 11:06 pm

All are so pretty..but, I’m leaning more towards C

Sonia @ Master of Her Romaine July 16, 2010 at 11:25 pm

You go girl! I love that your salads don’t fit in a “small” bowl!
I bring gigantic nutritious salads and other meals to work every day, and my co-workers always make strange comments about what I’m eating… It feels kind of bad actually- but I know that I am nourishing my body! I eat lots of veggies and fruits and healthy nut-based fats during the day but my co-workers always seem to pick on me for what I’m eating. I have never discussed this with anyone but it kind of bothers me! I know I can rise above it and do my own thing, but I’m so torn between taking the high road and educating THEM on what they should eat- my co-workers (all female) are always asking me how I lost weight, what workouts I do, etc…. Whenever I start telling them about upping the raw foods and decreasing dairy (a lot of them are vegetarians due to religious reasons, already), they act weird.
I wish there was a way I could help them without sounding snooty or revealing my blog haha…
What do you think?
I love your blog and you were the FIRST blog I read on my road to weight loss. Love you for that!!! :)
I’ve been on a really great path since I started reading blogs and I love it! Thank you so much for everything you do, and I love reading every post of yours!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 17, 2010 at 6:30 am

I too have dealt with a lot of comments from others and the thing I have realized is that people will always have an opinion on however you live your life. Ultimately, you have to do what is right for you. Once you do that and live the life you want, you will have peace in your heart and the comments and negativity from others won’t have as great an impact. This was my experience anyways!

Glad you enjoy the blog :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie July 16, 2010 at 11:53 pm

I love the photos! Glad you posted more with those. I’d love to see more:) Good call on thinking about selling some. You could make money off that!

tasha - the clean eating mama July 17, 2010 at 12:01 am

maybe that is my problem – I eat salads every day for lunch but they are not nearly as big as yours and I end up starving a few hours later.
I love your prints, too!

Courtney (Delightful Devours) July 17, 2010 at 12:05 am

I am a fan of all things symmetrical (and hate to break rules. I feel like symmetry is a rule in my life…) so my favorite combination of photographs is option E). I also want to say how amazing your photography is. Blowing up your own food photographs to put around the house is a fantastic idea and also very original!

Ann July 17, 2010 at 1:13 am

I voted D buut if I was to choose between your current highest ones, I would pick C over A. I personally think another picture above the cherries picture for choice D would look good :)

Crystal July 17, 2010 at 1:19 am

another vote for C!

Emily I. July 17, 2010 at 2:23 am

C, fo sho

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs July 17, 2010 at 2:54 am

Bah, the one I voted for won’t win…! Good idea to have a poll though!

Ellani July 17, 2010 at 4:41 am

Sonia: I can understand where you are coming from. I am a vegan in a vaccum, so to speak. Husband and kids are not vegans. Though my husband respects and likes what I cook and eat, he still thinks it isn’t something that one can maintain forever and stay healthy. I constantly get people (friends, colleagues) telling me about that in-law who went vegan and became anemic and got so sick (and don’t seem to understand that probably that person didn’t know how to eat healthy). These people just don’t want to believe/learn/understand, and I don’t think you can change them by talking to them. I think you can only live by example. My kids are eating more vegetables and actually like some vegan things I cook (veggie burgers!). My four year old recently told me that she likes raspberries better than cookies, so I am hopeful that my example will be what changes at least the people who are close to me.

And yes, I love salads in big bowls…I am still looking for a really pretty one (my glass mixing bowl is the closest I have come).

Olivia @ Blissful Runner July 17, 2010 at 6:49 am

Ahh! That salad is redonc! My vote is for A. :)

Alina July 17, 2010 at 7:03 am

I really like C!

Amanda July 17, 2010 at 7:44 am

Another picture idea- you could put up long thing shelving to put the pictures on (kind of like when you guys put them on the molding of your wall temporarily). Then you could re-arrange whenever you feel like it without making tons of holes in the wall and you could also change the pictures with the seasons no problem! orrr… In a JIFFY!

Example from Google:

My mom does this in her kitchen with pictures of all the kids in our family, they change with the season too so she is always swapping pictures. If you do hang them then I like C the best!

Chelsey July 17, 2010 at 8:39 am

Allright Miley, you are OUT OF CONTROL!!!! You better not start acting like Lindsay Lohan next…

I think it’s perfectly acceptable to eat 3 chickpea burgers in one day. Enough said.

I also think it’s perfectly acceptable to eat a salad that weighs 5 pounds :) – looove big salads!

Lauren July 17, 2010 at 8:40 am

Hey Angela! I love your photography, and I LOVE those kinds of framed photo arrangements! I think a little asymmetry is more interesting visually, and I would balance the colors. C or D are the options I’d go for. Beautiful!

Lisa July 17, 2010 at 9:32 am

I agree that most salad bowls are too small! I use a huge tupperware bowl when I eat mine. I love your pictures and like arrangement B the best!

[email protected] knackfornutrition July 17, 2010 at 9:59 am

I really like E. I tend to be OCD and like things in order :)

Stacie July 17, 2010 at 10:37 am

Your sense of humor cracks me up! Voted for A…..however, E would be great too as long as you guys included the hand drawing of the face-it would complete the wall….ha ha ha! Love your in a jiffy spelt veggie burgers, which only means….in a jiffy curry chickpeas here I come!

Hope you guys are having a good day at the market :)
~Stacie

Christie July 17, 2010 at 10:56 am

I LOVE that you eat your salad out of a casserole dish… I eat mine out of a mixing bowl! :D

Sara July 17, 2010 at 10:58 am

I LOVE the idea of using a casserole dish for salad! When we do salad dinners we’re always complaining that our bowls aren’t big enough and we have to break it up into two. Huge salads are SO GOOD :)

Dee July 17, 2010 at 11:49 am

I love seeing the different ways to eat your chickpea burgers!

Marathon Bound Girl aka Grace July 17, 2010 at 12:19 pm

I love your sized salads, they look so refreshing and delish!

The picture idea on the wall is awesome! I love all arrangements and for that wall will be great!!!

Annie-Rose July 17, 2010 at 12:26 pm

My vote is for A, hands down!

Amy July 17, 2010 at 12:33 pm

My favorite layout is definitely A. My partner says he also likes A best. Gorgeous photos!!

lynn July 17, 2010 at 4:42 pm

love your pictures and love the “bowl” of salad idea… yummy and also going to make that banana cherry load this week and give it a try.
regarding your photo layout options E is the most visually pleasing to my eyes with A being a close second. The arrangement on the table is great, I would only change one photo size. on the right hand side under the framed picture is an orange frameless picture (carrots??) I would like to see that frame deeper (higher). the width is good but it looks like if you could add a couple inches in depth it would fill in that bigger gap under it… however.. if not easily achieved I say it is fabulous as is!
loved voting on it.

Melanie July 18, 2010 at 9:00 am

I liked C the best. Great photos and a wonderful idea! Can’t wait to see the pic once you’ve don it!

Crazy Charm July 18, 2010 at 9:04 pm

I love how organized you are! I created a picture collage this weekend and literally laid the frames on the floor (without having pictures in them) and arranged them. Then, I attempted to pick up a frame and eye ball the location on the wall. By the time I got them all up, it looked nothing like it did originally. However, I like it ten times better. I think I must be a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl when it comes to decorating. ha!