Monday Madness

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on June 21, 2010

Helloooooo!

Today has started off crazy as most Mondays do. I have been going strong since 5:45am in the bakery with about 300 Glo Bars to catch up on since I was so busy preparing for the Farmer’s Market last week (for the recap of Saturday see here!). I also have a big order for Ambrosia to do today. Today is going to fly by… Hopefully I can squeeze in my planned run this evening after it cools down.

Breakfast was a delicious Cherry Carob Vegan Overnight Oat Concoction!

IMG_0078

Cherry Vanilla Banana Soft Serve…using 1 frozen banana, 1/4 tsp vanilla, and 1/3 cup pitted cherries:

IMG_0064

The Carob Vegan Overnight Oat recipe can be found here. Carob powder is so amazing in VOO…it gives it such a nice sweetness.

IMG_0079

I have also been using 1/2 cup of oats in my VOO lately because I find that it holds me over a bit better.

IMG_0080

Fun cherry pictures ensued…

IMG_0085

IMG_0086

IMG_0087

Sadly, I am almost out of cherries. I need to pick some up at the Oakville Organic Farmer’s Market this Saturday before they sell out again. Last week they sold out around 10:30am, as well as a lot of produce, so if you are planning on going I suggest getting there right for 9:30am. Doesn’t 9:30 seem late for a Farmer’s Market to begin? I wish it started at 8am…that would be better I think.

I had an early lunch today that started with a fresh, energizing juice

IMG_0139

The juice contained 2 beets, 3 carrots, 1/2 lemon, 1/2 lime, small piece of ginger.

IMG_0140

I also made a BASIL, avocado, hummus, black bean, and EVOO + sea salt open-faced Ezekiel sandwich.

IMG_9865

SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the side I had…

IMG_0145

An apple with 2 tbsp smooth roasted peanut butter and peanuts!

IMG_0148

I’ll be having an Adore Glo Bar for dessert later when hunger calls me again.

Of I go…hope you are having a great Monday!

Page 2 of 2«12
Diana @ frontyardfoodie June 21, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Okay, seriously those are the best open faced sandwiches I have ever seen.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 21, 2010 at 4:54 pm

I wish I had a juicer so that I could make juices like that instead of forking over almost $8 for those at Kind Food!

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana June 21, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Just wanted to share that I got my Grandma hooked on Overnight Oats too. She loved them! My secret ingredient is 1 tbsp Trader Joes Pumpkin Butter ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2010 at 6:24 pm

mmmm when do you mix it in?

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana June 21, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I put it in the night before, but don’t stir it in. All the mixin’ is the next morning and it’s heavenly!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2010 at 10:03 pm

mmm sounds good!!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) June 21, 2010 at 5:12 pm

oooh the colour of that juice is amazing! So vibrant!!!

[email protected]://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ June 21, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Monday’s always seem to be busy and hectic. Hope you get your workout in.

Kristen June 21, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Hello!

Could you tell me the website you order your chia seeds from?

I tried to make the VOO and thought I could skip out on this ingredient…but it is a little soupy for my taste!

Need to try it with the chia seeds :)

TIA

christina cadden June 21, 2010 at 6:49 pm

mmm, it all looks so good!

Janet June 21, 2010 at 6:52 pm

I keep reading about the VOO and have finally put some in the fridge for a late supper tonight. Hubby is working late and I just got back from tutoring so I thought it would be a good thing. Anyway, as I was putting it together I had a MAJOR flashback to childhood. My dad used to mix up oats and chocolate milk for my sis and I to eat as a bedtime snack. We didn’t wait for the oats to absorb the milk, just ate the oats with a spoon and drank down the milk. He always said this was one of the few treats he got as a kid as he was born in 1939 and was a “poor kid during the war”. I hadn’t thought about that snack in years! I did bump up the nutrition of the ingredients tonight but I am looking forward to eating a “memory” for supper.

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] June 21, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I am obsessed with your breakfast/oat/cherry pics – awesome job!!

Danielle @ Body By Nature June 21, 2010 at 7:19 pm

I think I might be VOO obsessed! Thank you for sharing such an awesome and versatile recipe.

Allison @ Food For Healing June 21, 2010 at 7:20 pm

Oh i LOOOVE cherries, that looks so dang delicious

kate June 21, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Those oats look absolutely delicious! I have been seriously missing oats in my life lately.

Jennifer June 21, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Angela, your overnight oats always look sooooo yummy. I’m going to give your recipe a try this weekend when I have more time. Hopefully it turns out and looks :) as good as yours.

Chelsey June 21, 2010 at 9:09 pm

I’m totally not hungry – but all your meals just made my mouth water. That sandwich looked divine!

Anne June 21, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Oh, stop it already with the overnight oats…I can’t take it anymore. How can it get better AND prettier every freakin’ day? ;-)
Just had to get that off my chest.

Ashley June 22, 2010 at 12:43 am

Lady…your photos look amazing!!! You have the rule of 3rds in the bag! The 2nd photo of the juice rocks and the last photo of the VOO is amazing! I take it you are enjoying lightroom? hehe

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 22, 2010 at 7:49 am

its amazing!!!! All I have been doing is exposure, crop, clarity, and color enhancement occasionally. So easy!

Mel June 22, 2010 at 3:52 am

Bit random, but I was reading this article about vegan ultra triathlete Rich Roll and thought of you:

Annie D. @ Annie's Simple Life June 22, 2010 at 9:46 am

Yummy!!!!

Triathlonbabe aka Grace June 22, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Geez, those BananaCherry soft serve with carob VOO look absolutely to die for! I so wish I had the time in the AM to fix those during the week. I need to do that on a Sun. AM when I actually have the time….yummy!