1,000 Words: Athens, Greece

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on April 29, 2010

1,000 words is a new series that will feature wordless photography posts ranging from food to nature to our travels and anything in between. Enjoy! :)

IMG_8964

athens43

athens42

IMG_8983

IMG_8963

Page 2 of 2«12
Laura April 29, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Yeeey! Greece! The Greeks tend to do the ‘old fashioned’ thing of letting their dogs run about free outside- so hopefully most of them aren’t strays, in case any one is worried. I was more concerned about how they treat their donkeys ;( I love going to Greece- I’m planning to go back again this year- I have quite a few Greek friends from uni. Where else did you go apart from Athens? My favourite time was when I went island hopping one summer- staying in places like Crete/Santorini/Naxos- great weather (coming from a Brit!!), great culture, history, sights and people. + if you ever go back that way, Turkey is amazing too- just definitely take Eric with you as your chaperone!!! Thank you for reminding me of an amazing time :)

Christine (The Raw Project) April 29, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Amazing pictures!

jenn April 29, 2010 at 5:16 pm

My kids and I have been studying Greece (we homeschool). I plan (hope) to take them there someday. Your pictures really really make me want to go!

Claire April 29, 2010 at 5:28 pm

great idea! Greece is the one place in europe that I haven’t been to and still really want to! I am so jealous, looks amazing…also love the post idea!

Rachel April 29, 2010 at 7:20 pm

Ahh…this is just too perfect. It just so happens that on this very day one year ago I was landing in Athens with my two very best friends for a month long adventure in Greece!! Honestly, changed my life. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the country, the people, the food, everything! It’s a must on anyone’s bucket list – without a doubt. Where else did you go?

Allison April 29, 2010 at 8:27 pm

I actually just got back from Athens and it was so great to recognize things in your photos! Thanks for brightening my day!

Sophie April 30, 2010 at 2:03 am

Your photographs are beautiful (and so is Athens).

melissa_fl May 18, 2010 at 5:55 am

wonderful pics, absolutely mesmerizing! i cant wait to visit this summer. the online guide i ve been using is www.breathtakingathens.com and i have read about so many areas i want to visit and all the restaurants i want to eat at i just cant wait till its reality!