Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on April 27, 2010

Top of the morning to ya :)

First a couple notes about last night’s post…

1) I had not seen this Double Down burger you guys speak of, but I had to look it up and wow is all I can say. One reason I am glad we don’t have cable? ;) I guess we can call my lunch a healthy vegan double down?

2) As I mentioned, I am getting a new helmet, have no fear!

Variety pack picture_2

It’s time for the Spring Glo Bar Variety Pack Launch!

The first 25 customers who place an order today using the discount code SPRING10 will receive 15% off your entire order!

There are a limited amount of variety packs up for grabs as well as Adore (S’more) and Empower (chocolate coffee) on sale! Click here to be taken to the shopping cart.

Banana Cashew Cream Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG_5319

Banana cashew cream. Banana cashew cream. Need I say more?

PM Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup regular oats
  • 3/4 cup almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1/2 scoop Amazing Grass Choc. Amazing Meal powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions: In a bowl, mix together the above ingredients with a whisk and place in fridge overnight. Make Banana cashew sauce and place in container in fridge overnight.

IMG_5324

AM toppings:

• Other half of banana, sliced into rounds
  • Banana cashew cream sauce (process 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp cashew butter, 1 tbsp milk, 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup)

Directions: In the morning, give the overnight oats a quick stir. Layer the VOO and alternate with sliced banana and banana cashew cream sauce. Add toppings and enjoy!

IMG_5313

The Banana Cashew Cream Sauce was divine! I had one horrible sleep last night, but I was so happy during breakfast. :)

IMG_5327

I mentioned on the weekend that Eric has a strong disliking for my ‘blog’ dishware.

I have lots of random bowls and plates that I like to use for blog photography. They are girly, frilly, bold, bright, and albeit tacky at times.

Eric has grown annoyed with each piece I add to the collection because they are cluttering our cupboards to no end…

IMG_5298

Let me show you the good first, just so you don’t think I am some crazy dish lady

IMG_4926

We hoard wine glasses.

Actually the wine glasses are from my Wedding Shower- we bought 20 glasses from Wal-Mart for $20- they were about the same price as the plastic ones so we got the glass and got to keep them! :)

IMG_4928

Plates…

IMG_4935IMG_4929

One of these things is not like the other… :mrgreen:

IMG_5300

And then all hell breaks loose…

Hello, my name is Angela and I am a Crazy Dish Lady.

IMG_5306

This is what Eric refers to as B.S.- My Blogging Stash, of course.

IMG_5308

I swear the blog did this to me. I was never this crazy before!

IMG_5307

My bowls have overflowed onto my green monster shelf…

IMG_4930

You know what I realized? I don’t need the other cupboard! Take that husband, with your high and mighty matching Debbie Travis dishware. I like having my bowls next to protein powder anyways.

Moral of the story: Annoy your significant other. Play with your food. ‘Nough said.

Today’s question: Are you a crazy dish lady? Do you like buying fun plates, utensils, bowls, or strange kitchen gadgets? Or do you have a thrill for collecting some other item you’d like to tell me about?

I know I’m not alone… ;) Fess up!

Page 3 of 3«123
Allison @ Food For Healing April 27, 2010 at 2:28 pm

wow you have so much! but you NEED It don’t you? haha food bloggers always need a variety. I love fun dishes, however i don’t have very many… YET.

Hillary April 27, 2010 at 2:34 pm

I am crazy about glasses. I love having tons of different wine glasses, beer glasses, and mugs. When I am drinking my coffee in the morning you can’t have you mug match your dish, so boring!
This is my first time posting. I love your blog and have now been drinking green monsters for about a month.

Claire April 27, 2010 at 3:10 pm

I don’t have too many YET…but I easily could go that way in the future with more income…I do tend to love the simple clean plates and bowls though.

That Banana Cream topping sounds amazing…must try!

Paige @ Running Around Normal April 27, 2010 at 3:12 pm

My husband would flip if I bought many more dishes. He always threatens to throw my mugs out. Noooo! Not my mugs! haha

Lizzie April 27, 2010 at 4:07 pm

well, i’m a college student, so i don’t think i own two of the same dish. i have an array my roomates and i have stolen from the caf, inherited from our parents because they were “too ugly”, found at yard sales..etc…they aren’t very attractive but they sure are eclectic!

your breakfast sounds so good! i want to try overnight oats..its my plan to try to make them and start drinking green monsters when i’m home for the summer and have a blender and more access to fresh produce!

kate April 27, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Im guilty of having dishes/bowls just for the blog! I usually buy them in sets of 2 though, for me & the boy! My goal is to never have a real set of plates!

Lauren M. April 27, 2010 at 4:36 pm

I hoard protein bars. I don’t eat them that often but for some reason I ALWAYS buy tons and tons of protein bars. I’m fascinated by all of the different kinds, flavors, shapes, coatings, and packages.

Speaking of FOOD! I bought the new Mary’s Gone Crackers Love Cookies! I got the “N’Oatmeal” raisin. They are so deelish and addictive! And quite healthy for a cookie!! Love it!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm

haha Mr BBB was only saying to me the other day that I have to curb my random bowl / dish spending!!! :)

Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep April 27, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Hi there, Crazy Dish Lady. I’m Crazy Mug Hoarder. I’ve become quite the mug collector, and I have to buy every cute, unique mug I find. It makes drinking coffee in the morning that much better!

Sarah April 27, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Oh you should try drinking out of an over-sized Eeyore coffee mug (see comment below)…so good! LOL!

Jolene April 27, 2010 at 5:49 pm

My blog has totally turned me into a crazy dish lady!!!! I buy all sorts of individual plates and bowls, and we are running out of room!!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 27, 2010 at 6:05 pm

I love collecting antique china cups and saucers. It feels so much more special to drink my tea out of them. :D

Heather April 27, 2010 at 7:16 pm

I am a crazy dish lady. I have too many.
I have 1/2 and 1/2 though, a set of white dishes and fun dishes too. I like to mix it up.
I also collect kitchen utelsils. 2 drawers, 4 plastic binsa and a jar on the counter FULL.

[email protected] April 27, 2010 at 7:54 pm

hahaha I am a crazy dish lady as well….I mean having crazy dishes just makes eating that much more fun!

Sarah April 27, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Im not exactly a crazy dish lady…I am a crazy over-sized Eeyore coffee cup lady. I love Eeyore coffee cups! I think the irony is the best part. He’s just so glum and gloomy…and coffee makes me hyper so I just like Eeyore coffee mugs. I dont collect anything else Eeyore tho!

Brenda April 27, 2010 at 11:33 pm

I like to collect the dishes from Empty Bowl lunches. Empty Bowls is a charity event where potters donate handmade dishes (mostly bowls) to raise money to feed the hungry. I just bought my first box of Mary’s crackers today. I thought $4.99 was a lot for a 6.5 oz box. How much do you pay for them?

pam landy April 28, 2010 at 12:39 am

Okay I’ll admit mine…it’s not dishes, it’s tupperware. I am constantly packing my lunch for work (good advice taken from my Aunt who taught for 20+ years, don’t eat the cafeteria food). I also pack my food for when I nanny especially for long weekends where the families go out of town and I am there 24/7. I love my tupperware, but hate washing them, sadly I don’t have a dishwasher.

Mandy April 28, 2010 at 1:20 am

So funny! I am a crazy dish lady, and also a fan of the “eclectic” look, meaning I hate “matchy matchy” be it for dishes, furniture…and it drives husband mad. He thinks buying the entire bedroom set is classy…I think it looks like you won it on The Price Is Right.

Ahh marriage. xo

Libby April 28, 2010 at 1:27 am

Hi Angela,

I have only just started a food blog and have already bought new placements and napkins. I’m guessing bowls and plates will follow soon – esp since our set is white and I also have a white benchtop – where a lot of food is photographed :-(. I already have a great collection of tea cups :-).

Libby

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear April 28, 2010 at 1:49 am

I love you dishes! I used to be as crazy as you but after moving 3 times my selection has gotten smaller and smaller. I plan on buying lots of new dishes when we finally move to a bigger home someday :)

Jessica @ WHY DONTCHA RUN April 28, 2010 at 6:31 am

I would LOVE to grow my dish collection. (Especially for blog pictures) :) You’ve got quite the collection! The “best” bowl I’ve got one favorite bowl(and pretty much the only one other than my plain white bowls) that is lime green with large white polka dots on the outside and the inside painted bright red. I love it so!

LisaG April 28, 2010 at 6:43 am

I have a few extra fun plates for my kids, but I’m more of a crazy cookbook collector. I have too many kitchen gadgets too, like an avacado peeler? I love your collection of plates, bowls, etc. It does jazz up the photos.

crookedmoonmama April 28, 2010 at 9:17 am

I buy crazy ass dishes form the thrift store ALL the time. YOu go girl! :)
xoxo

Lauren @ Eat, Drink, and Be Hopeful April 28, 2010 at 10:45 am

HAHAHA that is hilarious! I love it. I have definitely bought a lot of dishes since I started blogging so it’s nice to see I’m not the only one. I think a lot of bloggers are like this so don’t feel alone! It’s wonderful and makes for great pictures!

Sarah Anne April 28, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I LOVE dishes and plates! Our apartment is far too tiny to have too many, but I can’t help it, at places like Winners – I go mad. I almost bought little heart shaped ramekins (pink white and red!!!) after V Day, but had to stop myself because I knew a)I had nowhere to put them and b)the rational part of me knew that my regular ol’ white round ramekins still did the trick. :(

I LOVE dishware though. I’ve now gone into purchasing serving dishes so we can go out on the deck and eat. Or at least – that’s my excuse!

Now excuse me, while I go partake in Winner’s new set of red and white cherry blossom dishware >.>

Sophie @ yumventures April 28, 2010 at 7:55 pm

I always make my boyfriend start eating while I am taking pictures of my meal. He gets sooooo annoyed that I am going to end up eating something cold, but then he will wait to eat and it will be cold too! Oh, what to do when you love a blogger :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie April 29, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Haha I clear out my dishes all the time when it gets overwhelming. Goodwill is a great place to drop them off at but I always want to buy more when I get there!

Kristyna May 5, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Totally became the same way since blogging! I don’t plate as much as I used to, but I look at dishes in a whole new light and have a separate cabinet for my plates, napkins & placemats- a whole set of single servings! :D

Bettina October 10, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Hey! I understand this is sort of off-topic however I needed tto ask.
Doees running a well-established website such as
yours require a lot of work? I’m completely new to operating a blog but I do write in my diary
everyday. I’d like to start a bloog so I ill be able too shazre
my experience aand views online. Plerase let mme know if you have anyy
kind of ideas or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate
it!