Glo Bars Are Officially For Sale In A Store!

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on April 9, 2010

Drumroll please :mrgreen:

I am happy to say that you can now find my Glo bars in a storefront location…

Ambrosia Natural Foods in Thornhill, Ontario!

Untitled 13623137ab_f

Ambrosia is one of the most popular and largest health food stores in Ontario and I could not be more proud to have my Glo Bars in Ambrosia! They have won a bunch of awards and continue to be a favourite among health lovers in the GTA. They have two locations and as of right now my bars are in the Thornhill location.

gal_hb_i_grocery16

They even asked me to do a DEMO in the future!

gal_demo_01

I hear the bars are in the open refrigerator section. I wished I lived nearby so I could go take a picture of the bars in the store!

Thanks for all of your support. :)

Today I am testing a gluten-free and RAW Glo bar. I am on my zillionth trial and I really hope this one works…

See you later :)

Page 2 of 2«12
Susan April 9, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Congraaaaats!!! This is hugehugehuge and I couldn’t be more proud and happy for you!! I’m SO going to Thornhill when I get to Ontario just to get one of your bars. Oooh, maybe I’ll even come visit when you do your demo! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 9, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Yes please :) That would be fun. Im sure I will be such a dork doing a demo!

mountain girl April 9, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Wow this is AWESOME! Congrats, and I’m excited to hear about the upcoming raw/GF bars!

Mary @ What's Cookin' with Mary April 9, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Oh Ange :D I am SO SO SO proud of you!!!!

What a great accomplishment! I wish I could buy your bars in a store here in Ca… Maybe someday right ? :)

Happy Friday!
-Mary

Cristal April 9, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Hi Angela, That is exciting news about your Glo Bars! In a previous post you wrote that you are doing a 10K tomorrow. I am also running my FIRST 10K tomorrow and I am really excited/nervous. I was wondering how you are preparing for tomorrow? Can you give me any advice as far as what I should eat before hand? It’s supposed to be cold and windy here(Michigan). Any advice on what I should wear, etc. Thank you! I appreciate it and I also LOVE your blog! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 9, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Hi Cristal!
I might be doing a 10k on Sunday…but Im thinking about waiting because I just found i=out the drive is actually 1 hour 45 mins!
But to answer your Q’s…I suggest wearing a throw away layer…either a long sleeved shirt you can toss when you warm up, or an old light jacket you can toss too. Some people also put a garbage bag over their upper body and cut out arm holes and then toss it right before the gun sounds. Apparently it helps the body stay warm! I have never tried it though…It also works for rain.
I always have a green monster before my races, but I suggest eating whatever you normally eat before your training runs- stick with what you know and don’t try anything different on race day.
Most of all…HAVE FUN, don’t ‘think’ too much and just let it FLOW. You are going to have an absolute blast! :) Let me know how it goes!

Ange

Cristal April 10, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Hi Angela! Thank you so much for your advice and encouragement. I made it through my first 10K! (Glad to have the first one under my belt)
I agree an hour and 45 min is quite the drive! If you do race on Sunday, GOOD LUCK to you!:)

Cristal

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 10, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Congrats on your first 10k!!!! :) I remember mine last June and I was on cloud 9…enjoy it!

Therese April 9, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Eeee!!!! How exciting!!! If I can make it up there I’ll so take a picture for you!

Grace (Graceful Simplicity) April 9, 2010 at 1:26 pm

That’s exciting. Congradulations.

Run Sarah April 9, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Congrats Angela, that is awesome!!!

Melissa April 9, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Congrats..now you just need to bring those to the west:) And good luck on the gluten-free raw creation!

MarathonVal April 9, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Congrats, Angela!! You work hard and you deserve the very best!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter April 9, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Congratulations! What a fantastic accomplishment. I still think you need to expand into the USA ASAP! :)

Dana @ Good Food is Joy April 9, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Was just diagnosed with a wheat and gluten allergy so I am SO happy to hear about the gluten-free raw bars!! :D Hope this trial turns out!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 9, 2010 at 2:42 pm

IT DID!

Melissa April 9, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Congratulations Angela! This is so exciting! You deserve this!

Jane April 9, 2010 at 2:04 pm

WOO HOO….Way to Go!!! Will check it out the next time I’m in TO.

Kristie April 9, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Congratulations! I know that if people buy one bar to try it they will definitely be coming back for more! :-D

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 9, 2010 at 2:42 pm

THANK YOU EVERYONE, you are so sweet! xoxo

Jenny (Green Food Diaries) April 9, 2010 at 2:53 pm

RAW globar?!?! you can bet i’ll be getting some of those!

AGS April 9, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Such TERRIFIC news. Three cheers to you and your glo bars. These moments make you forget all the hard/difficult days!

Heather April 9, 2010 at 3:18 pm

I am SO excited that your bars are going to be sold there! I am doing my masters at U of T right now and have a few friends who live in Thornhill… I am sooo asking them to pick me up some :)

Jil April 9, 2010 at 3:22 pm

YAYYYYYYY! Congrats! :-D

Ashley April 9, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Congrats Anegela!!! I feel like I’m living my granola bar dream through you!! Wish I could have kept it going…maybe 1 day :) I had mine in a really small store, but it was about the most exciting thing ever. I’m sure this is the VERY beginning of a long road to granola bar success for you!! Congrats again!!!! xo

Rebekah @ runtrackmind April 9, 2010 at 3:37 pm

So well deserved….fantastic job Angela!

jessica April 9, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Congrats!! Now to the US! :)

Katie April 9, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Congrats Angela!!! That is so amazingly exciting! It’s been awesome to watch your success with the bakery grow and I can’t wait to watch it continue! I also look forward to seeing your bars in a health store in Chicago in someday:)

Christine (The Raw Project) April 9, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Very cool, congrats!

Midgetkeeper April 9, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Many congratulations! That is so awesome.

Bridget April 9, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I am so proud of you! You followed your passion for baking and look where you are now! It’s only gonna get better and better from here. Soon your bars will be everywhere, YAY!

Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble April 9, 2010 at 4:45 pm

So exciting!! If I lived in Thornhill I would go take pictures for you! and buy some bars! but unfortunately I live far away! It’s awesome to see your bakery becoming such a success!

Jolene April 9, 2010 at 5:32 pm

MAJOR CONGRATS!!!!!!! They are going to go like hotcakes. Get your baking gear ready girl – you are going to be swamped!!!!

Mo April 9, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Congratulations!!!!!! I wish that I lived close so that I could buy some!

Carbzilla April 9, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Angela – take a deep breath and really let how awesome this is sink in. This is an enormous accomplishment! Of course, we’re all SO proud of you! Let us know if they come to the States!

Natalie April 9, 2010 at 8:19 pm

YAY! Congrats. I’ve been to that store! I might even picked some up this weekend!

Juli @ Blessmyheart April 9, 2010 at 9:58 pm

So very happy for you and this big step in your business! This is just the beginning.. :)

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) April 10, 2010 at 6:46 am